Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
Yawnmon
8 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 16 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 am

XandZero2 wrote:All three of the Vodun took a good look at the Griffonhoof Bow and glanced at each other - but then shook their heads. "Masterfully crafted indeed is your Griffonhoof bow - but worthy of royalty?" The lead Zebra paused, "That... we do not know. There is one among us who might could tell, but deep in the swamp does she dwell. She divines much through wisdom or spell, but the Old One hardly ever comes out of her shell."

Then in response to Coffee Mug's question of whether there were any among the Vodun with arcane skill, the three Zebra all laughed derisively. "Indeed, ignorant foal," the leader spat, "we are all great and skilled. To be a Vodun, with arcane might one must be filled. But that does not mean we would trust a pony, too often have they proven both deceitful and phony. A powerful arcanist could mask a spell, making good look evil, evil look well. We would only trust your arcane intent, if with the Old One's approval were you sent." The lead Zebra's eyes suddenly lit up as he realized something. He grinned triumphantly, his eyes slowly scanning the entire party before adding, "That, however, is not likely you should know. Only if you proved yourselves friends could you go. And that, I trust, is not something you could do - especially if you've attracted the ire of Zimbabwe too."

"Oh well, bravo, then. You don't need my help at all. You should be able to do a simple truth spell on your own. Unless you're all just talk."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Spoiler:

Ramsus wrote:Whisper narrowed her eyes, in part from being so tired and in part from being annoyed at their behavior, "Have you finished puffing yourselves up and sneering at us yet? If you're all such skilled spellcasters do you really expect us to believe you're not smart enough to be able to ignore the grudge of one zebra who expected ponies from out of town to understand and follow his secret street rules of verbal combat? We never had anything to gain from helping but you have quite a lot to gain from letting us. I also can't even imagine what you think you have to lose from casting your own truth spell right here right now, so wipe that grin from your face and start thinking about what's best for not just your own inflated ego but other zebra who your violent acts will end up hurting the most."

The Vodun frowned. "I don't see why we'll hurt other zebra the most. Our actions are kept secret - we do not boast. The police of this city are kept unaware, of whether it was ghosts or ghouls that struck here or there. But if they find out our nature and retaliation they seek, bullying other zebra will only prove them pathetic and weak. As for the "one zebra" of which you speak? He leads our warriors. He is not meek. Our verbal combat ritual is Vodun tradition, you should know - and if you rhyme with a Vodun, you must be willing to give it a go. Isn't it so that Zimbabwe threw down the rules, when it was he first challenged you fools? If so it should've come as no surprise, what was expected of you and what should arise. If you broke our rules of engagement our culture did you insult, which is yet another action of ponies which we can fault. You think it one grudge that stands between you, but I've got news - it's millions..." The Vodun paused, seeming to think for a moment, then quickly added, "times two! For centuries ponies have trod roughshod over our kind, oppressed the masses and kept us behind. What is it that you expect from us? That we want peace? That we want no fuss? That is not the case, and I'll tell you right now. Many of us want open warfare, and how!"

The Vodun glanced at his two companions, who both nodded, then he looked down at the rainbow adhesive still sticking him to the wall. He sighed, "But then... Here we are talking with you lot... I, personally, would rather go to the witch doctor for a shot..."

Coffee Mug wrote:"Oh well, bravo, then. You don't need my help at all. You should be able to do a simple truth spell on your own. Unless you're all just talk."

At that last bit about being just talk, the lead Vodun grimaced, struggling against his rainbow restraints. "I'd show you if this gunk did not restrain, but it's a bit hard to cast spells minus your hooves and with only your brain!"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 pm

XandZero2 wrote:For centuries ponies have trod roughshod over our kind, oppressed the masses and kept us behind. What is it that you expect from us? That we want peace? That we want no fuss? That is not the case, and I'll tell you right now. Many of us want open warfare, and how!"

"And do you think that is the best course of action for the zebras? Have you looked to the future ans seen what it will bring?"

At that last bit about being just talk, the lead Vodun grimaced, struggling against his rainbow restraints. "I'd show you if this gunk did not restrain, but it's a bit hard to cast spells minus your hooves and with only your brain!"

OOC:Arcane check to free the Vodun zebra leader.
Roll(1d20)+17:
5,+17
Total:22

"Ok, show me your moves what you've got.."

Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Whispers sighed and said, "Why do the tough guys always think the average citizen wants to die for the cause?" and shook her head sadly. "You speak like you speak for all zebra but, you don't. I've met plenty and they're not nearly so aggressive as you lot. They just want to be treated how everypony wants to be treated. Your aggressiveness hurts them. You're so interested in pressing your views on others that you can't even be greeted in a friendly manner without thinking it's an attack. Heck, I met a Zebra just yesterday who was hip and cool and asked me to find his friend for him. But if you lot keep doing things like this of course the corrupt dumb dumb police in this town are going to bully any zebra they can find once you finally screw up. And they'll be doing it because they'll be being just as dumb dumb as you are right now. You can't cast a spell with rainbow juice all over your hooves? Ask somepony for help cleaning up! You feel your people aren't treated fairly? Ask somepony, no wait, zebra, well ok half-zebra, for help! That ended up a little awkward, moving on... Or do you not know who the mayor is somehow? And if that doesn't work, ask somepony else....or I guess griffon in this case."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:31 pm

"You know... There is nothing stopping you but your own arrogance from allowing us to help you. Or at least explaining what is going on form your side of things... Right now there are like four options.... One: Fight it out, which might not go as you'd like given the fact that one of us was able to use your own magics aganst you who knows what a fight would play out like." Gleeda rants. "Two: We drag you all out here and throw you in with the cops... We could do this whenever we want, but we've not got any reason to trust them any more then you do... And three: You swallow your pride, explain what's going on, and then we help you the best we can. Forth: We drag you out and into the swamps to try and meet your leader there.... See where that goes... But the clear downside is that leads you to failing on your goals here 100%... The only two that got any chance of you pulling off what you wanted here are options one and option three... But fighting is an unknown, after all you might lose the fight, and the other best choice involves getting possible allies... Only a spoiled foal would not see reason here."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Whisper makes a "yuck!" face as Gleeda mentions option two.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Gleeda shurgs to Whisper, it's just the options they've got, the griffon doesn't like option two that much herself, but it was wise to voice what we could be doing to help try and prove why that we can be trusted. Gleeda's train of though goes from if you talk about easy options that you could do if they trusted the cops more they the random zebra theifes they'd totally do option two. In fact Gleeda hopes the fact that they don't WANT to do option two will help with building trust from The Vodun...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:48 am

Coffee's horn flashes green as the rainbow adhesive around the lead Vodun expands like a bubble, then pops. The Zebra drops to the ground and lands on all fours, taking a moment to stretch his legs and crack his neck. He seems to contemplate his options, glancing back at his two buddies still stuck fast to the wall, then turning back to again look over your entire group.

"You know," the Vodun admits begrudgingly, turning to Whisper, "I am not such a foal, to believe every Zebra shares our clan's goal." He shakes his head slowly, "We force our views on nopony, though our facade may be stony. Some Zebra do indeed want peace, but that doesn't mean we should cease. In the name of vengeance we are born, in the memory of grudges we are sworn." He becomes stock still as he says this, looking as if he were reciting lines that had been said many times before. Then he sighs, "The Old One has told us to put aside these things, to face great discord and what it brings, but it is not easy to give up anger - even now, in the face of danger."

The Vodun turns to Gleeda, "As for you, who of options talk, do you know that outside, my clan-mates walk? They outnumber you by a great degree, and very soon, they will come for thee. That rainbow attack might have made them shake, but here me now, there is too much at stake. They will come looking for a fight, so back off now if you wish to do what's right. Leave us to our work and soon you will see, the age of equines will not cease to be."

Last edited by XandZero2 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 am

Whisper sends her thoughts to the others, "We don't know what's going on here and we can back off somewhere and watch and wait till they go then investigate. Fighting those guys outside sure isn't going to help us in any way."

Quickly after the thought sending she says aloud, "Ok, before we go.." she turns to the others, "We are going right?" and then turns back to the Zebra, "My name is Whisper, so you know if anypo-zebra wants to contact me. I wouldn't mind knowing your name as well, in case something comes up again. Also, I mentioned a zebra had me looking for somepony before. Does the name Outcast mean anything to you?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:04 am

"Must Zebra's always talk in endless rhyme?" Gleeda mutters then stares the leader in the eyes. "And just to make it clear... Are you trying to threaten us to tow your line or are you just worried about harming a possible new ally?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 am

Whispers gives Gleeda a look and whispers sharply, "Again with the rudeness!"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:19 am

"I will NOT be strongarmed without a fight..." Gleeda retorts to Whisper.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 am

Whisper thinks at Gleeda in reply, (because I doubt there's enough actual in character time for more speaking from these two before the zebras reply) "He's not strong arming us, he's giving us a peaceful way out of the situation! And unlike you, the rest of us aren't so hungry for pointless fights that we're all too tired to want to get in fights we don't have to."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 am

"I'm still a bit cranky that I've yet to get any clear cut answers to what's going is all... And no matter what you say, where I came from he's clearly just strongarming us whatever he intended to make it seem like so or not. It's how I see it and how I was brought up to not be overpowered without at least expressing your disapproval." Gleeda retorts.

(OOC: I'm just going to assume we've always got this mind-link up...)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 pm

"If we back off, would you promise to tell us what this about later on?"

OOC: Thinking of using my magic point for a Pinkie Promise.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Cardbo wrote:"If we back off, would you promise to tell us what this about later on?"

OOC: Thinking of using my magic point for a Pinkie Promise.

"You know, I take that back. If you claim your cause is just and honorable and righteous, then you should have no problem allowing us to help you. You said you've asked for help from ponies in the past, why are you balking now? Unless your cause isn't honorable or just or righteous?"

Privately he sends to Chitin 'Dawn Trek, I don't see you inside the building. Are you outside? Do you see any zebras outside?'
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 am

Coffee Mug wrote:"If you claim your cause is just and honorable and righteous, then you should have no problem allowing us to help you. You said you've asked for help from ponies in the past, why are you balking now? Unless your cause isn't honorable or just or righteous?"[/i]

The Vodun raises an eyebrow and cocks his head to one side, looking at you like you're crazy. "Ask ponies for aid? That, I never said. Every time we've ever dealt with ponies, they've only proven to be outright phonies. Why would we accept any help from you, when we have every right to think you'd turn on us too? If you do not believe our cause is just, then how do you intend to earn our trust?"

To Whisper the Vodun nodded curtly, "I will remember your name, but for me, you should not do the same. As for this one that you call Outcast..." He pauses, then adds slowly, "I may have seen her... in times past. She had the look of a pony with black coat and white mane, and she struck me as one who goes against the grain. If that sounds like the one of whom you speak, we used to see her in the Surefire every week. She was a strange one to watch and stranger to hear, singing a bird song that was both loud and clear. We did not bother her as long as she stayed away, but I have not seen this Outcast for many a day."

Then turning to Gleeda, the Vodun's eyes narrow, "Strongarm? Warning? Call it what you like, but my friends come, and they will strike. If you wish a fight? Stay. You'll have one alright. But if it truly helps you to know, we steal only what is ours, then we go. A relic of our race, that is what's in this place. We will take it and we will leave, or very soon we will make you grieve. So go on your way, do what you will, either way - we've got a mission to fulfill."

At this, Buck punches the ground with one fist. "I've heard enough." Rising up on his hind legs with a bit of effort (thanks to the slippery floor) he shakes his head, making a definitive cutting motion with his arms, "There is no buckin' way - NO BUCKIN' WAY - I'm goin' to just let these Zebra make off with one of Big Mike's wears."

He looks to the rest of you for support, "Come on guys. You can't actually intend to just let them walk away?"

"What you intend does not matter to me," the Zebra plants his hooves in the ground, "try to stop us, and then you will see."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:38 am

Whisper turns to Buck and says, "Look at it this way Buck. Now that we know what they're after, uh... kinda, we can probably figure out a way for Big Mike to stop getting his stores smashed up. This one already is, so there's nothing much we can do about it now. If we pick a fight with them, they'll probably keep smashing stores just for spite. But, if you and Gleeda want to fight so badly you can but, I'm leaving since there's nothing helpful to anypony to be gained by staying."

She then says to the Zebra, "Thanks for being willing to talk and for the information. Hopefully next time we meet it will be a different kind of party." and walks out the door after waving goodbye. Then she stops and looks back to Buck and says sheepishly, "Uh... though I was um... sorta hoping for a ride back.... it's kinda a long walk and I'm tuckered out."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:11 am

XandZero2 wrote:
Coffee Mug wrote:"If you claim your cause is just and honorable and righteous, then you should have no problem allowing us to help you. You said you've asked for help from ponies in the past, why are you balking now? Unless your cause isn't honorable or just or righteous?"[/i]

The Vodun raises an eyebrow and cocks his head to one side, looking at you like you're crazy. "Ask ponies for aid? That, I never said. Every time we've ever dealt with ponies, they've only proven to be outright phonies. Why would we accept any help from you, when we have every right to think you'd turn on us too? If you do not believe our cause is just, then how do you intend to earn our trust?"

To Whisper the Vodun nodded curtly, "I will remember your name, but for me, you should not do the same. As for this one that you call Outcast..." He pauses, then adds slowly, "I may have seen her... in times past. She had the look of a pony with black coat and white mane, and she struck me as one who goes against the grain. If that sounds like the one of whom you speak, we used to see her in the Surefire every week. She was a strange one to watch and stranger to hear, singing a bird song that was both loud and clear. We did not bother her as long as she stayed away, but I have not seen this Outcast for many a day."

Then turning to Gleeda, the Vodun's eyes narrow, "Strongarm? Warning? Call it what you like, but my friends come, and they will strike. If you wish a fight? Stay. You'll have one alright. But if it truly helps you to know, we steal only what is ours, then we go. A relic of our race, that is what's in this place. We will take it and we will leave, or very soon we will make you grieve. So go on your way, do what you will, either way - we've got a mission to fulfill."

At this, Buck punches the ground with one fist. "I've heard enough." Rising up on his hind legs with a bit of effort (thanks to the slippery floor) he shakes his head, making a definitive cutting motion with his arms, "There is no buckin' way - NO BUCKIN' WAY - I'm goin' to just let these Zebra make off with one of Big Mike's wears."

He looks to the rest of you for support, "Come on guys. You can't actually intend to just let them walk away?"

"What you intend does not matter to me," the Zebra plants his hooves in the ground, "try to stop us, and then you will see."

"You sneak around in this nightmare fog, claiming to be reclaiming relics of your race. Tell me. Who benefits from this? The zebra race as a whole, or is it destined for one particular zebras private collection? If its the first, than good for you, but then again, why not acquire it legally? But if its the second, what makes you any better than those who took it in the first place?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:43 am

XandZero2 wrote:At this, Buck punches the ground with one fist. "I've heard enough." Rising up on his hind legs with a bit of effort (thanks to the slippery floor) he shakes his head, making a definitive cutting motion with his arms, "There is no buckin' way - NO BUCKIN' WAY - I'm goin' to just let these Zebra make off with one of Big Mike's wears."

After taking a deep breath to subdue his own anger and frustration Blade looks over at Buck and says, "Buck was it? I gotta say I'm inclined to agree with ya. Thievery is never a solution, justified or not, but we can't exactly hand them over to the police now can we? Well... we can, but if the court system is anything like the police ponies in this town that'd be too harsh just for theft, don't ya think? Especially when the pony they're stealing from has a tower that's plated with gold..."

Shifting his gaze to the Vodun he continues, "Now if they actually hurt somepony, which I'm not sure if they did or not, it'd be a different story. This fog might constitute as hurting ponies, psychologically at least, but I don't think any of these three are the mastermind behind that."
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 am

"I already told you there are." She gives a somewhat tired mental response from as she remains hidden. "And no, I entered the building some time ago." She stops for a moment before adding out loud. "Would the guards outside count as hurting somepony? I can't imagine what you did to them was necessary since you could've just used your fog to walk right past them while they cowered in a corner. And what about those explosions, were those your work too?" She asked the Vodun from her hiding place.

rolls:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 pm

"Buck... I'd love nothing more then to start throwing some lightning right now at them... But Whisper seems to feel that we should go... And I've been hoping to hear ANYTHING that'd help justify allowing a place of my future work be robbed on my watch. In fact... That's all I ask... If want to hear something to justify allowing your theft right now." Gleeda said just sounding desprest not sure what to do all of her body wants to fight, but part of her felt she'd betray all of what Whisper had worked for right now if she did. "But Buck if you want to fight... I'll stand with you... I owe you that much."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:38 pm

"I feel your group is really going about this the wrong way, but I don't really have a personal stake, here." He turns to Buck. "What do you think?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:36 am

Ramsus wrote:Whisper turns to Buck and says, "Look at it this way Buck. Now that we know what they're after, uh... kinda, we can probably figure out a way for Big Mike to stop getting his stores smashed up. This one already is, so there's nothing much we can do about it now. If we pick a fight with them, they'll probably keep smashing stores just for spite. But, if you and Gleeda want to fight so badly you can but, I'm leaving since there's nothing helpful to anypony to be gained by staying."

She then says to the Zebra, "Thanks for being willing to talk and for the information. Hopefully next time we meet it will be a different kind of party." and walks out the door after waving goodbye. Then she stops and looks back to Buck and says sheepishly, "Uh... though I was um... sorta hoping for a ride back.... it's kinda a long walk and I'm tuckered out."

When Whisper had finally finished, Buck just folded his arms across his chest and gave the pony a hard stare.

Chitin wrote:[color=green]"Would the guards outside count as hurting somepony? I can't imagine what you did to them was necessary since you could've just used your fog to walk right past them while they cowered in a corner. And what about those explosions, were those your work too?" She asked the Vodun from her hiding place.

rolls:

The Vodun's ears prick up with surprise, his hoof reflexively flashing to his saddlebelt of vials before freezing at one empty slot. "But? What?!"

The Zebra looks all around, shocked, his eyes passing Chitin over completely. "It's gone? Pilfered? Could this be? How is it that I didn't see?!"

The Vodun shakes himself, quickly regaining some sense of composure, his eyes becoming slits, "What we did to the guards was necessary indeed, that fog doesn't make all cower and plead. It makes you see future horrors, that's true, but what you do with them? That is up to you. Those guards saw us as monsters and ghouls, but only some chose to be cowards before fools. If they swallowed their fear and fought us here, pain we wrought with weapons we brought. Though - we left them breathing" the Zebra added, "even if they were still grieving."

The Vodun glances all around again, then looks up at his two companions still pinned to the wall with rainbow goo.

"As for the explosions, we had our orders - let nopony past." He glances around again, then nods dutifully, "We heard intruders coming, so we set up a blast."

Xel Unknown wrote:"...I want to hear something to justify allowing your theft right now." Gleeda said just sounding desperate, not sure what to do all of her body wanting to fight, but part of her feeling she'd betray all of what Whisper had worked for if she did. "But Buck if you want to fight... I'll stand with you... I owe you that much."

Buck turned to Gleeda, his features softening somewhat. He nodded slowly as the Vodun simply shrugged. "What can I tell that would make you go?" the Zebra asked earnestly, "Certainly nothing that I would know." He raised a hoof to his chest, "I swear here again that our cause is just, and what we do, we do not merely for us." He lowered his hoof and spat at the ground, "If my word does not appease, then do as you please. I could care less if you condemn or bless."

Coffee Mug wrote:"I feel your group is really going about this the wrong way, but I don't really have a personal stake, here." He turns to Buck. "What do you think?"

Buck turns his back on Whisper, closes his eye, and takes a deep breath. "There's just no buckin' way I'm walking out on this." He rumbled in a danerously low tone of voice, "I'm not letting my boss down. Simple as that."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 pm

XandZero2 wrote:
Buck turned to Gleeda, his features softening somewhat. He nodded slowly as the Vodun simply shrugged. "What can I tell that would make you go?" the Zebra asked earnestly, "Certainly nothing that I would know." He raised a hoof to his chest, "I swear here again that our cause is just, and what we do, we do not merely for us." He lowered his hoof and spat at the ground, "If my word does not appease, then do as you please. I could care less if you condemn or bless."

Coffee Mug wrote:"I feel your group is really going about this the wrong way, but I don't really have a personal stake, here." He turns to Buck. "What do you think?"

Buck turns his back on Whisper, closes his eye, and takes a deep breath. "There's just no buckin' way I'm walking out on this." He rumbled in a danerously low tone of voice, "I'm not letting my boss down. Simple as that."[/quote]

"I'm sorry. You seem to honestly believe what you're doing is right, and I can respect that. But you've also provided too little information for us to go on. I hope we can sort this out peacefully later."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next