Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
Yawnmon
8 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 4 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:28 am

((Hey Demonu! Long time no see! What's it been... A month? BTW – Remember it’s Captain Force Cardbo, not Storm – but anywho…))

Back at Labyrinth's United...

After Gleeda finishes explaining her theory about soul-sucking puppets and their maniacal puppet masters, and after Chitin mentions her take on it all being a bad dream, Buck mutters something under his breath, while some of the board members in the room perk their ears up and look in Gleeda's direction. Meanwhile, Mook and Minion both just shrug in turn, scratching their heads and exchanging a look.

"Did you see any puppets?" Mook asks Minion.

"I didn't see any puppets." Minion shakes his head, "Did you see any puppets?"

"I didn't see any puppets."

They turn back to Gleeda and shrug simultaneously.

"Sorry." Mook says, "We were watching the footage in the boss' office..."

"We didn't see any puppets." Minion adds.

"Though," Mook interjects thoughtfully, rubbing his chin, "There was one point when the PV field ran into a strange bit of interference..."

"Quite strange indeed..." Minion nods, "We lost a few minutes of the fight..."

"But," they both shrug and speak together, "we didn't see any puppets."

When Chitin directs her question at Buck,

Dr Blight wrote:"Think something's wrong over there?"

Buck gives a low, rumbling growl of a "Hmmmm..." still staring off at Whisper and Water Wings chatting it up.

"Is she really buckin' serious?" He grumbles, seemingly to himself, shaking his head, "Can't be... No way... No buckin' way... Guess it would buckin' make it buckin' easier on me... But there's no buckin' way..."

Before Chitin can ask anything else, Mook and Minion turn back to address her,

"Sorry we can't be of much more help Ms. Trek..." Mook begins.

"...As far as Theorycraft's concerned anyway." Minion ends.

They both shrug.

"He's the hero that all the police pony are looking for right now..."

"And the boss doesn't like him..."

"For good reason..."

"But you probably know all about that already..."

Mook and Minion exchange another glance.

"Well, there is one other thing..." Mook adds a little hesitantly.

"You think we should really mention that?" Minion cuts in.

"Why not?"

"Because... it's strange?"

"You'd prefer we didn't talk about it?"

"Indeed."

"Well, I don't see the harm in it."

"Well, I don't see the help in it."

"Touche."

"Quite."

Mook and Minion stare at each other in silence for a moment...

"Okay," Minion shakes his head, "might as well tell her..."

Mook nods, "Exactly my point."

Minion turns back to Chitin, "Well, you see... How should we say this..."

Mook clears his throat, "It seems Theorycraft has a thing for... toys?"

Minion turns to Mook. "That works."

"Indeed."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the University...

Cardbo wrote:
XandZero2 wrote:
"With all the action we've seen so far tonight, Handsome, didn't even notice it had started raining. Glad I'm not out there right about now... Looks like another stud of a storm from out of the Surefire..."

Coffee chuckles. "Heh. One of my friends flew out into that earlier. I'm sure he's soaked by now."

Flew?” Force turns back to Coffee and feigns dissapointment, “Guess that friend of yours wouldn’t happen to be Widdle Whisper then, now would it?” She laughs in a way that could be easily be described as ‘nastily’, then grins, “What a shame. I’d give my right hoof to see that widdle wuss soaked to the bone…”

The Captain blows the steam off the top of her coffee and takes a sip, then leans back against the hallway wall, crosses her hind legs, and rests one hoof behind her head, “Well now Handsome,” she says, putting her coffee mug down a moment to stretch, “isn’t this cozy?” She picks up her mug again and raises it to you, “Just the two of us, nice and warm, ” she sweeps her forelegs outward in an all-encompassing gesture, “sitting in the hall of the astronomy department, drinking hot coffee while listening to the rain drum away on the rooftops.”

Taking another sip of her coffee, Force winks at Coffee.

“It's like the sky's playing our song. Almost makes you forget all about that Theorycraft character, doesn’t it?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out on the Street...

Yawnmon wrote:Blade takes a second to catch his breath. Breathing heavily he says, "Better *pant* than the Wonderbolts *pant* my flank." He looks around to see if there are any clocks nearby. "Hope Coffee's not *pant* waiting on me."

Blade doesn't catch sight of any clocks in the semi-darkness... He has absolutely no clue what time it is.

Yawnmon wrote:He looks angrily back at Ace expecting the same from him. "Hurting innocent ponies just to try and win huh? Is that what it means to be the best around here Ace? If I'd known you were gonna sink that low I wouldn't have accepted this race in the first place."

His shades gone, his flight suit in tatters, sucking in ragged breaths of air and exhaling sparks of electricity, Ace takes in your angry stare and returns it ten-fold with his golden eyes, shining with utter outrage in the dark..

"Duuuuuuuude..." He growls, his voice dripping with contempt, "DUUUUUUUUUDE[/i]..." He flies right up in Blade's face, jabbing one accusing hoof in your shoulder. He shakes his head, "That's so not righteous. Don't you talk to me about the Wonderbolts, mane." He beats his chest, "I've totally got everything they've got - EVERYTHING! - [i]and then some. Those cowards wouldn't dare try what I dare to do, and if a few ponies get in the way," Airborne shrugs, "so what? I'm the ACE! They're just a bunch of posers that aren't willing to do whatever it takes to win - AND YOU?!" He shoves Blade. Hard. "You're just a nopony, got that?! I don't know what you did mane, but it's not possible! IT'S NOT! You're built like a buckin' tank, for cryin' out loud! You're not aerodynamic! You're no racing pony! HELLO DUDE?! YOU GOT A BUCKIN' SHIELD FOR A CUTIE-MARK! A BUCKIN' SHIELD! WHAT DOES A BUCKIN' SHIELD HAVE TO DO WITH SPEED OR RACING?!"

Airborne rips off a piece of his suit and stabs a hoof at his own Cutie-Mark, an Ace of Spades image like you'd see on a card, only tilted on it's side, with lightning shooting from the bottom.

Spoiler:

"YOU SEE THAT?!" Airborne yells, still pointing to his flank, "THAT MEANS I'M BUILT FOR SPEED, LIKE A BUCKIN' ROCKET WITH LIGHTNING! YOU KNOW HOW I GOT IT?! I GOT IT WHEN I LEARNED THAT I LOVED THE THRILL OF THE RACE, THE THRILL OF WINNING! WINNING IS EVERYTHING DUDE! DON'T LET ANYPONY TELL YOU DIFFERENT, AND IF YOU THINK THAT SOME NOPONY LIKE YOU COULD BEAT ME, ACE AIRBORNE, YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMING BLADE BLOCKER!"

Ace sits there in the sky for a moment, panting heavily, his wings beating furiously - then he throws his head in his hooves, "For the freakin' love of Luna dude! Blade Blocker?! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A RACING-SOUNDING NAME!!! HOW COULD YOU BUCKIN' BEAT ME?!"

As Ace continues to have his nervous breakdown, his team drifts down from above, making a circle around the two of you but remaining silent. Probably a wise choice, considering...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 am

XandZero2 wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the University...

Cardbo wrote:
XandZero2 wrote:
"With all the action we've seen so far tonight, Handsome, didn't even notice it had started raining. Glad I'm not out there right about now... Looks like another stud of a storm from out of the Surefire..."

Coffee chuckles. "Heh. One of my friends flew out into that earlier. I'm sure he's soaked by now."

Flew?” Force turns back to Coffee and feigns dissapointment, “Guess that friend of yours wouldn’t happen to be Widdle Whisper then, now would it?” She laughs in a way that could be easily be described as ‘nastily’, then grins, “What a shame. I’d give my right hoof to see that widdle wuss soaked to the bone…”

"So whats up between you and Whisper? This is the second time you brought her up totally out of the blue. You must care about her a lot." Coffee said playfully.

The Captain blows the steam off the top of her coffee and takes a sip, then leans back against the hallway wall, crosses her hind legs, and rests one hoof behind her head, “Well now Handsome,” she says, putting her coffee mug down a moment to stretch, “isn’t this cozy?” She picks up her mug again and raises it to you, “Just the two of us, nice and warm, ” she sweeps her forelegs outward in an all-encompassing gesture, “sitting in the hall of the astronomy department, drinking hot coffee while listening to the rain drum away on the rooftops.”

Taking another sip of her coffee, Force winks at Coffee.

“It's like the sky's playing our song. Almost makes you forget all about that Theorycraft character, doesn’t it?”

Coffee frowns as he looks down at his coffee. "Seriously? A tracer spell? I'm disappointed, but I can't say I'm surprised. Well, at least it is only a tracer spell."

Coffee's horn glows along with the cuppa.

OOC:Nullifying the tracer spell so Coffee can enjoy his coffee.
Roll(1d20)+22:
12,+22
Total:34

"I hate letting good coffee go to waste." he says by way of explaination, finally taking a sip*

*If this somehow doesn't nullify it, Coffee doesn't drink.

"As for Theorycraft, I'm assuming you know a whole lot more about him than I do."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:31 am

XandZero2 wrote:"Duuuuuuuude..." He growls, his voice dripping with contempt, "DUUUUUUUUUDE[/i]..." He flies right up in Blade's face, jabbing one accusing hoof in your shoulder. He shakes his head, "That's so not righteous. Don't you talk to me about the Wonderbolts, mane." He beats his chest, "I've totally got everything they've got - EVERYTHING! - [i]and then some. Those cowards wouldn't dare try what I dare to do, and if a few ponies get in the way," Airborne shrugs, "so what? I'm the ACE! They're just a bunch of posers that aren't willing to do whatever it takes to win - AND YOU?!" He shoves Blade. Hard. "You're just a nopony, got that?! I don't know what you did mane, but it's not possible! IT'S NOT! You're built like a buckin' tank, for cryin' out loud! You're not aerodynamic! You're no racing pony! HELLO DUDE?! YOU GOT A BUCKIN' SHIELD FOR A CUTIE-MARK! A BUCKIN' SHIELD! WHAT DOES A BUCKIN' SHIELD HAVE TO DO WITH SPEED OR RACING?!"

Airborne rips off a piece of his suit and stabs a hoof at his own Cutie-Mark, an Ace of Spades image like you'd see on a card, only tilted on it's side, with lightning shooting from the bottom.

"YOU SEE THAT?!" Airborne yells, still pointing to his flank, "THAT MEANS I'M BUILT FOR SPEED, LIKE A BUCKIN' ROCKET WITH LIGHTNING! YOU KNOW HOW I GOT IT?! I GOT IT WHEN I LEARNED THAT I LOVED THE THRILL OF THE RACE, THE THRILL OF WINNING! WINNING IS EVERYTHING DUDE! DON'T LET ANYPONY TELL YOU DIFFERENT, AND IF YOU THINK THAT SOME NOPONY LIKE YOU COULD BEAT ME, ACE AIRBORNE, YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMING BLADE BLOCKER!"

Ace sits there in the sky for a moment, panting heavily, his wings beating furiously - then he throws his head in his hooves, "For the freakin' love of Luna dude! Blade Blocker?! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A RACING-SOUNDING NAME!!! HOW COULD YOU BUCKIN' BEAT ME?!"
"... You wanna know how I beat you? Fine then, I'll tell you. You see this shield?" Blade says pointing at his cutie mark. "I got that when I saved my little sister from some bullies. You should know her seeing how she works for you. Her name's Rain Light and so help me if you bring her into our fight!... Well, just don't go there if you know what's good for you."

"So you're probably wondering 'What the buck does that have to do with anything?' The answer is everything Ace. When I got my cutie mark I knew it was my job to protect the ponies who couldn't protect themselves. It's my duty, my responsibility to fight the bullies, the robbers, the murderers and the villains no matter who they are."
Blade's eyes narrow further as all the pain in his body fades and his wings flair up in a boastful position.

"Ya'know when we first started this race I didn't care if I won or lost. I just wanted to have some fun... but then you got angry when you didn't automatically out-pace me. Then you got violent... and when you started yelling about how other ponies somehow belonged to you I got angry too. When you knocked those other pegasi out of the sky... That's when you flipped my switch."

"My special talent is being a hero Ace Airborne and I could never, I repeat, I COULD NEVER LOSE TO A VILLAIN LIKE YOU WHO DOESN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE WELL BEING OF HIS FELLOW PONY!!!..."
Blade give that a few moments to sink in.

"You're right about one thing though. The Wonderbolts wouldn't dare try pulling some of the stunts you did today and ya know why? Because they know that they could seriously hurt somepony. They know about the effects of shooting lightning in an enclosed space and the know better then to be so stupidly and unnecessarily dangerous! You get all that Ace?
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:37 am

Gleeda just as some eye twitching at hearing that Mook and Minion didn't see the Puppets... And she said nothing while she lissioned to what was said. But the Toy's line was odd enough to make her speak... "What, he like taking toys and giving them away or something?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 pm

In the University...

“So you noticed the tracer spell, did you Handsome?” Captain Force watches Coffee with a hint of amusement in her voice. “Why am I not surprised? Guess I shouldn't have expected anything less…”

She lifts her mug up to her muzzle…

“From a nerd.”

She takes a sip.

“As for Widdle Whisper?” She puts the cup down, “If you really want to know Mr. Mug…” she shrugs, giving you a smug smirk, “Let’s just say, I’m not a big fan of ponies lacking in the backbone department.” She sighs, rolling her eyes, “That widdle wuss always was such a brat. Thought she was better than the rest of us, just because her family owned that stupid Maredarin roach motel in Vieux Mare’. The little foal would go home crying to her mommy whenever things got tough too. Made me sick.

“And on the subject of Theorycraft…” Force raises an inquisitive eyebrow, “do we really know more about him than you? I have reason to highly doubt that, Handsome...” She tosses back her pink mane and narrows her eyes, “Considering the fact that the vigilante was last seen with you, I actually have reason to believe the two of you might just be working together..." Glancing down to inspect her hoof, Force pretends to ask in relative nonchalance, And how was your little outing with ‘our hero’ last night? When I came to, Lock & Key was nearly comatose, but he did manage to tell me how, before he blacked out, he saw Theorycraft making his escape with you…”

Before you can reply, the Captain scoops up her coffee mug and takes another sip, now watching you closely over the rim of her cup. “If you knew anything about that vigilante’s whereabouts Mr. Mug, you’d tell me…” She lowers the mug and cocks her head to one side, “Wouldn’t you Handsome?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out on the Street...

Ace stares at Blade for a long moment, then spits a wad of lightning-laced phlegm down at the ground below, shaking his head. “You think you’re a hero, dude? A HERO?! HAH! Well, if there’s one thing you are mane, it’s thick. Guess it totally figures though, considering that shield on your flank. Maybe instead of Blade Blocker, they should call you Blade Blockhead?!

Making a sweeping glare of his team, Ace yells, “AM I RIGHT?!”

The other pegasi glance at each other uncertainly, some taking a few wing beats back, others giving a half-hearted laugh.

“YOU KNOW I’M RIGHT!” Ace yells at no one in particular, turning back to Blade, beating his wings furiously in a challenge position. He stabs a hoof in Blade’s chest. “Yo mane, answer me this. If my sick moves disturbed you oh so much,” Airborne throws up his hooves, “THEN WHY DIDN’T YA JUST QUIT?!” He makes a sweeping motion with his hooves, “If you can’t take the lightning, get out of the storm front. A self-righteous hypocrite like you dude? Probably never even considered that the only reason I was pulling out all the stops was BECAUSE of you! Corner a Manticore and they’re gonna strike mane. You kept pushing me to the limit, and when you push me to my limit, what you think I’m gonna do dude? Roll over and play dead? Nope. If you’d really been concerned about anypony getting hurt, you would’ve dropped out of the race and given me an easy win!”

Ace shakes his head slowly, “But no bro. No. You decided you had to beat me. You decided you had to win – at all costs.” The Captain of the PWDF glares at you with a triumphant mixture of anger and spiteful satisfaction. “Maybe it started out with you not caring about winning or losing… Maybe it started out with you wanting to have fun… But once you got started… Admit it dude. You liked it. You liked the thrill of the race… You liked the wind in your mane… You liked the competition at your back… and above all… you liked the feeling you got when you WON…”

The Captain's golden eyes gleam in the dark.

He grins.

“And in that way?

"You’re no different from me."

Ace pauses a moment to let that sink in, then adds, “You didn’t have some higher motives dude. You weren’t trying to save anypony. You're no buckin' altruist, and you’re a foal if you think that mane. No. You were just trying to win a race…

The Captain raises an eyebrow, “…and if I’m a villain?

"-Then so are you.”

Ace chuckles.

“Know what they say dude... If the horseshoe fits...

Last edited by XandZero2 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm

XandZero2 wrote:In the University...

“So you noticed the tracer spell, did you Handsome?” Captain Force watches Coffee with a hint of amusement in her voice. “Why am I not surprised? Guess I shouldn't have expected anything less…”

She lifts her mug up to her muzzle…

“From a nerd.”

"You tried to put it in my coffee. You tried to fool a Pony who has coffee in his name and has coffee on his flank, by putting something in his coffee. I'm not only an expert on astronomy, but an expert on coffee." His voice lowers a notch. "One of these days you should try my coffee. You'll be blown away."

She takes a sip.

“As for Widdle Whisper?” She puts the cup down, “If you really want to know Mr. Mug…” she shrugs, giving you a smug smirk, “Let’s just say, I’m not a big fan of ponies lacking in the backbone department.” She sighs, rolling her eyes, “That widdle wuss always was such a brat. Thought she was better than the rest of us, just because her family owned that stupid Maredarin roach motel in Vieux Mare’. The little foal would go home crying to her mommy whenever things got tough too. Made me sick.

EDIT:"Hmm...but she did stand up to you yesterday. Do you respect her more or less for that?"

“And on the subject of Theorycraft…” Force raises an inquisitive eyebrow, “do we really know more about him than you? I have reason to highly doubt that, Handsome...” She tosses back her pink mane and narrows her eyes, “Considering the fact that the vigilante was last seen with you, I actually have reason to believe the two of you might just be working together..." Glancing down to inspect her hoof, Force pretends to ask in relative nonchalance, And how was your little outing with ‘our hero’ last night? When I came to, Lock & Key was nearly comatose, but he did manage to tell me how, before he blacked out, he saw Theorycraft making his escape with you…”

Before you can reply, the Captain scoops up her coffee mug and takes another sip, now watching you closely over the rim of her cup. “If you knew anything about that vigilante’s whereabouts Mr. Mug, you’d tell me…” She lowers the mug and cocks her head to one side, “Wouldn’t you Handsome?

"Of course...if I knew anything. May I remind you did try to break my leg. I'm assuming Theorycraft just jumped in and did his vigilante duty by interceding. As for him escaping with me, well I had been knocked out by that point, and quite frankly, thats the last I saw him."

Last edited by Cardbo on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 am

XandZero2 wrote:The Captain's golden eyes gleam in the dark.

He grins.

“And in that way?

"you’re no different from me."

Ace pauses a moment to let that sink in, then adds, “You didn’t have some higher motives dude. You weren’t trying to save anypony. You're no buckin' altruist, and you’re a foal if you think that mane. No. You were just trying to win a race…

The Captain raises an eyebrow, “…and if I’m a villain?

"-Then so are you.”

Ace chuckles.

“Know what they say dude... If the horseshoe fits...
... *sigh* "Well I can't say you're completely wrong, but you're definitely not right either. I do love the feel of wind in my mane, I mean what pegasus doesn't?, but the reason I wanted to beat you wasn't for the thrill of the of the race, or for the feeling of victory. The reason I wanted to win is because I knew that for the sake of every pegasus in this city that somepony needed to knock you down a peg... and I knew that I was the only one here who could do that."

"I considered dropping out of the race several times. I really honest to Celestia did... But remember what I said during the race. 'You got a real ego problem Ace. My this. My that. THE CITY ISN'T YOURS. PONIES DON'T BELONG TO YOU'... I knew that if I let you win your ego would only get bigger and bigger and you would never change." Blade's eyes go from their stern angry look to a softer look of pity and sadness.

"Despite what you probably think I'm trying to help you Ace. I know that you'll never be the best if the only pony you care about is yourself, and I know that you'll never be able to match up against The Wonderbolts if you don't realize that there's still lots of room for us to grow. I know I've still got a long way to go before I reach their level. On top of that this notion that you're somehow better than other pegasi just because you're a better flier is pathetic. Everypony has their own special talent and if you think that yours makes you better than them you're sorely mistaken. The life of one pony is of the same value as the life of another, no matter who they are... And that goes for you too Ace, as well as the other villains and bullies out there."

"And as for you guys," Blade says going back to his stern gaze and looking around at Airborne's team. "If you really care about your leader... If you really care about Ace Airborne, you'll get him some help. Psychiatric help if at all possible. Cause the way things are going right now, he's just gonna run himself into the ground." He finishes with a frown.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:29 am

"Toys?" She asked flatly, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not sure I follow..."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:14 am

Whisper noticed Chitin, walked over, and said "Congratulations by the way. Though why didn't you just say?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Chitin blinked, turning to look towards Whisper with an obviously confused expression on her face. "Congratulations? What are you talking about?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Whisper pauses, "Oh. Ah. I get it. It's hush hush. Say no more. My lips are sealed." and she visibly purses her lips closed.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Gleeda laughs and explains. "Whisper thinks your preggers... It was the last thing I heard her and Water Wings talking about before I sneaked away from them."

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Chitin jumped, her face actually turned slightly red through the black carapace...somehow. "WHAT?! I-I am nothing of the sort!"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Whisper nods sagely, "Right. Of course not." and then gives a conspiratorial wink.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:13 pm

"No! No winking!" Chitin pointed to Whisper with a hoof, beating her wings rapidly. "I-I've nev....I am not pregnant!!"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Gleeda just giggles.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Whisper nods, clearly still "going along with Chitin's act".
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:25 am

Back at Labyrinth’s United…

Mook and Minion remain silent throughout the whole... preggers... exchange, and when it seemed the others were done, Mook begins with a, "So... yeah... Theorycraft... and toys..."

"We don't necessarily understand why ourselves..." Minion adds.

"But toys."

“You see…” Minion begins – right before Water Wings runs up, the pistons of her Sea Legs firing with a constant – TCHOO TCHOO TCHOO.

Hi Chitin! Hi Gleeda!” W2 waves energetically to the Changeling and Griffon, skidding to a halt before the rest of the group. Then she turns to the ponies in black and waves to them too, “Hi Mook! Hi Minion!

Mook and Minion both nod. W2 beams at them, “Like, great to see you guys. Big Mike let you off early?”

“Neigh,” Mook shakes his head.

“But Box Cars is covering for us.” Minion adds.

W2 nods, “Like, that’s sooooo totally nice of him.”

Mook and Minion both nod again.

“So… about the toys,” Mook starts off again – but then Water Wings spins back to Chitin. Leaning over the rim of her tank, she throws her fins out wide, “Like, OH MY GOSH GIRL! You soooo should have, like, totally said something, ya know?”

“About the toys?” Minion asks.

Toys?” Water Wings shrugs, “What toys?” She shakes her head, flinging a light spray of water from her glistening mane. “No, what I mean is we could’ve so totally had a party or some junk. OOH! Not just any party either! A BABY SHOWER!” Water Wings looked around the room, then spun back to Chitin, “Wait! What’s, like, stopping us from totally having one now?!” Water Wings cupped her hooves to her snout, “HEY EVERYPONY! WE’RE GONNA HAVE A BABY SHOWER!

Buck raises an eyebrow, “What the-”

“When it rains, it pours…” Ding Bat mutters in his deep, dark, Batmane voice - still hanging from the ceiling with Harvey up in one corner.

Oh my word!” Relief Effort grins – her ear twitching as she rose from a seat situated a safe distance from the others, “’Tis the most splendid of news, if I do dare say!”

“Dis ‘shower’…” Wolfgang looks up from the pool table, scratching his head, “What is?”

Standing beside the Diamond Dog on a thick stack of books, Gizmo laughs in his squeaky voice, “You never had showers in the ‘old country’ I take it?” He asks sarcastically, “Perhaps that’s why you smell of garbage and day-old rot-gut foal!”

“Da. 'Tis so. When ponies speak of de ‘shower’ in old country, dis usually involves rain of lead..." Wolfgang grimaces at the thought, "Is most unpleasant.”

“No lead here baby,” lounging on a couch, Renji leans forward and taps his cane to the ground, “just a whole lot of lovin’ goin' on - can ya dig it?” The baby dragon smirks, “I’m up for a shower, but hot tubs are more my thing…” Renji looks around at his mare entourage and winks, “What do ya say ladies?

They all giggle, Renji nodding in satisfaction.

HMPF!” Chief Noble Heart snorts steam out his nostrils, looking stern. "It is tradition in the Buffalo tribes of Applelousa," he growls, "that before a mother gives birth, the local Medicine Mane blesses the unborn child with good health and prosperity." Then he grins and yells in a sing-songy voice, “I’LL-GO-GET-THE-MEDICINE-MAAAAAAAANE!

“OOH! OOH! AND I’LL GET THE WATER!” Water Wings yells before turning back and winking at Chitin, “I’ve, like, totally got tons of the salty stuff stashed away for just such an occasion – and, like, if we run out? Don't worry. There’s totally still the Mustangippi. The water there’s, like, a little muddy I admit, but it’s sooooo much better than nothing. I mean, like, what’s a shower without water, ya know?”

“Uh…” Mook and Minion exchange a glance.

“What about the toys?” Minion asks.

“Oh!” Water Wings nods, “Those would, like, be totally lovely presents at the shower!”

Pausing, the Sea Pony contemplates Chitin for a long moment – then starts off again while shaking her head vigorously, sending up more sprays of water, “Ya know - I, like, still totally can’t believe it, girlfriend! You’re not even, like, showing or anything! Not like my friend’s grandmare! When she got her eggs fertilized, believe you me, you could, like, sooooo totally tell – but not with you – maybe because, like, Changelings can do all that super cool shape-changing stuff to, like, alter their appearance and junk?” W2 shrugs, then starts bobbing up and down again in her tank, “But this is just so totally exciting, ya know?!” Then Sea Pony’s eyes go wide. She darts to the rim of her tank – nearly loses her balance again – then leans down to get as close as she can to Chitin, “So?” She asks, eager with anticipation, “Who’s the lucky mane?

Meanwhile, standing on his hind legs, Major Badass walks up beside Gleeda, his forehooves in his pockets, “Hmm… What’s going on here?” He asks in his gruff voice, frowning, “Heard something ‘bout puppets, then showers…”

“Um…” Mook scratches his head, “What about the toys?”

Badass shakes his head slowly, muttering something to himself that sounds suspiciously like, “I'm surrounded by crazy ponies…”

He looks around at the group, "So who's pregnant?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the University…

Captain Force looked at Coffee Mug long and hard, her eyes narrowed, a slight smile playing across her purple muzzle. Finally she tossed back her mane and shrugged, “I guess I can give you the benefit of the doubt Mr. Mug… for now…

She drained her first mug of coffee in one long swig, then poured herself another cup.

“As for our dear, sweet widdle Whisper…” The Captain began, making sure to say “widdle Whisper” in mocking baby speak, “That little stunt she pulled last night Handsome?

“-Doesn’t change a thing.”

Force gave a whinny, “Neigh.” She shook her head, laughing, “One stray act of courage doesn’t mean she’s suddenly grown a spine! The only reason widdle Whisper could even stand up to me in the first place was because she had her friends backing her up. In fact,” The Captain took another sip of her coffee, nodding firmly, “that’s the only thing that’s changed. By some miracle, that little weirdo finally made some friends.” Force shook her head again, “How the buck she did that, I’ll never know. Back when the widdle wuss was still going to the Academy of the Sacred Hoof, she never made any friends – and believe you me Handsome,” Force taps her chest with one hoof, “I know. When a pony has nopony but themselves to rely on, that’s when you get to see their true colors.

"Yeah," Taking another sip of her coffee, Force nods, "Whisper might be that ugly grayscale on the outside... but on the inside? She’s nothing but a bright shade of yella’.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out on the Street…

Both Blade and Ace are soaking wet, though they've failed to notice, each intent on the other.

Ace grinds his teeth together as he listens to Blade’s speech, the friction of bone on bone causing electricity to spar in his teeth - and when Blade tells the rest of Airborne’s team to "take care of their captain, to get him psychiatric help, to stop him before he runs himself into the ground" – Ace finally snaps (even more so than he already had).

He yells, "WHY YOU MOTHERBUCKIN’ – WE’LL JUST SEE WHO RUNS WHO INTO THE GROUND, DUDE!"

Ace puts his hooves together and starts charging up another ball of electricity.

His team’s eyes widen.

“Uh oh…” One of them says, as they all start scrambling to fly as far away as possible.

“DUDE?! DUUUUUDE?! I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR BUCKIN’ SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS…” Airborne yells, glaring at Blade while the ball of energy in his hooves grows larger and larger, “I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR BUCKIN’ HERO SPEECH… AND I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR PITY! NOPONY PITIES ME DUDE! I PITY THEM!” Ace rears his fore hooves back over his head, the energy crackling above him, “THIS TIME, I’M GONNA MAKE SURE YOU EAT THE PAVEMENT IF IT’S THE LAST THING I-”

“Mr. Airborne!”

Ace’s eyes go wide.

He freezes.

The ball of energy in his hooves dissipates.

He quickly slips his forelegs behind his back, trying to smile innocently.

“Mr. Airborne!” Ace flinches as the voice comes again - but Blade recognizes it right away. Though the voice is emphasized with a tone he hadn’t heard before coming from that heavenly muzzle – a tone that’s surprisingly stern for somepony as calm and collected as her - there's no doubt about it.

“I’ve seen just about enough,” she states with authority, as Blade and Ace both look down onto the steps of City Hall. At first Blade can’t make anything out in the dark – but then he catches a hint of movement, and as a shapely figure steps out onto the sidewalk, the streetlights shine down on her sleek black coat and flowing crimson mane, showing every curve of her body in stark profile.

Black Beauty looks up at Airborne, her eyes set, a disapproving frown creasing her snout. She stamps a hoof to the ground. “Get down here this instant.” She looks around at the rest of Airborne’s team, poking their heads up uncertainly from the rooftops of the surrounding buildings. “That goes for the rest of you as well!”

She turns to BB and her eyes soften, “You too, Blade.”

“Blade?!” Ace almost screams, the shock apparent in his voice. “Blade?!”

He says nothing more as the two of you come in for a landing on the sidewalk, the rest of Airborne’s team following suit.

Spoiler:

Once everypony’s made a landing, Beauty turns a withering gaze on Ace. “Is this how you welcome new ponies to the city, Mr. Airborne?"

Airborne actually takes a step back, dropping his gaze down to his hooves, "Uh..."

Beauty takes a step forward, getting right up in front of Ace, "Don't you 'uh' me, Mr. I'm-the-Captain-of-the-Weather-Team-and-I-don't-give-a-buck. -Look at me when I'm talking to you Captain!"

Airborne looks up slowly and bites his lip. "Yes... mam."

She leans forward, getting right up in Ace's face.

Watching this, it occurs to Blade that any other time, being that close to Black Beauty would be a dream come true - but now however, with the Mayor's secretary looking for all the world just as regal and intimidating as Celestia herself, BB almost has to feel sorry for the Captain... Almost...

Beauty thrusts a hoof in Ace's shoulder, "If you haven't noticed Captain, we happen to have quite a storm on our hooves. You should be out there doing your job for once and taking care of those storm clouds. More importantly, you should be setting an example for the rest of your team and the citizens of New Orreigns - yet here I find you - Low-Flying again. Am I right?"

Airborne leans backward, away from Beauty, "Wellllll..."

Beauty leans even further forward, "Well what?"

At this point, Ace tries to lean even further back, loses his balance, and falls on his butt. "Nothing..."

"Need I remind you, Mr. Airborne, that the Mayor passed a ban on Low-Flying Races months ago because they were considered too dangerous for the racers as well as the onlookers? Yet you still insist on not only breaking the law, but also endangering your own life, as well as the lives of your fellow Equestrians, citizens and visitors alike, each time you partake in that reckless and wild sport?"

"Sorry?"

"Sorry?! SORRY?!" Beauty leans in further, and Ace actually leans so far back, he falls on his back. Then Beauty eases up and takes a step away from the Captain, nodding firmly as she gazes at Ace, lying prone on the ground, "Yes, Mr. Airborne, if there is one thing you are, it's most certainly sorry. But you shouldn't apologize to me." She points a hoof at BB, "You should apologize to Blade - to Blade, and all the innocent pedestrians, wagon drivers, and air traffickers you undoubtedly ran across on your race to making a complete foal of yourself. Blade was right. You only think about yourself - and it's high time somepony put you in your place."

Still lying on the ground and making no attempt to get up, Ace turns slowly to stare at Blade, his eyes wide, his mouth open.

Ace's breath seems to catch in his throat.

It sounds like he tries to wheeze out something and fails, coughs, then blinks dumbly.

He lies there on the sidewalk silently for a few long moments - the rest of his team watching on, not daring to say a word.

Then his eyes narrow.

His teeth chomp down into a grimace.

"Sorry... Blade..." He hisses through his teeth, sounding more like he wants to bury the hatchet in your head more than anywhere else...

Beauty nods, "Good. Now, whether you meant it or not, that's still a step in the right direction. Next I want you to get up off your flank, get out there, clear the skies of those horrible storm clouds, and help fix everypony and everything you hurt. I know the Mayor might put up with your recklessness because of your skills Mr. Airborne, but rest assured, by no means does that imply that your job is 100% secure. If you endanger the lives of the citizens of this city one more time, I will not hesitate to personally insure that your flank gets a one-way ticket to the Darkhorse Asylum, if not Blackhoof itself."

"Now..." Beauty looks up at the rest of Airborne's squad, "You heard what I said to your Captain. The same holds true for each and every one of you. I don't expect this kind of thing to happen ever again... Do I make myself clear?"

Airborne's squad all stand up straight, tapping their back hooves together and saluting the secretary, "YES MAM!"

Beauty nods, satisfied, then turns back to Airborne, "And as for you, Mr. Airborne? Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes... mam..." Airborne grumbles.

"Then get up and get out of my sight!"

She turns back to Airborne's squad, "That goes for all of you."

Then she looks to Blade and smiles, her whole demeanor changing, just like that. She's suddenly so radiant you feel like you've just been blinded by the sun (at night), "Except you Blade. Please stay. If you have some time, I'd like to talk to you for a bit in private... if... that's alright?"

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 am

"Oh oh oh! I so totally got this!" Whisper "shouted" and dashed out of the room, to the elevator which doors slam shut alarming fast and there was an unsettling whooshing noise and screeching metal sounds.

About thirty second passed before the horrible elevator noises returned and there was a loud slam and the walls shook. The doors opened and Whisper started rushing around setting up tables and trays with food of all sorts including several cakes and pies. Once these were set up she ran back off to the elevator where she dragged in some rather large boxes. Once they were all in the room she opened then and began to move like a whirlwind. Or at least some unstoppable decoration based force of nature. Oddly none of the decorations seemed to match. There were hanging prom style ribbons, birthday hats (which were placed upon random pony's heads or in one case their tank) and balloons, X-mas lights, jack-o-lanterns, even some hidden chocolate eggs (Bad Ass having no trouble noticing this as one somehow ended up underneath him), and seemingly random other things. When it was all set up and done Whisper blew a bright orange plastic kazoo and glitter and confetti exploded out of it (along with the expected really annoying kazoo noise).

Instant Party!
Roll: 4. Would a derp have done anything there?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:53 am

XandZero2 wrote:... “Mr. Airborne!”

Ace’s eyes go wide.

He freezes.

The ball of energy in his hooves dissipates.

He quickly slips his forelegs behind his back, trying to smile innocently.

“Mr. Airborne!” Ace flinches as the voice comes again - but Blade recognizes it right away. Though the voice is emphasized with a tone he hadn’t heard before coming from that heavenly muzzle – a tone that’s surprisingly stern for somepony as calm and collected as her - there's no doubt about it.
Blade's angry glare drops in an instant as his ears perk up. He turns around and sure enough...
XandZero2 wrote:... Black Beauty looks up at Airborne, her eyes set, a disapproving frown creasing her snout. She stamps a hoof to the ground. “Get down here this instant.” She looks around at the rest of Airborne’s team, poking their heads up uncertainly from the rooftops of the surrounding buildings. “That goes for the rest of you as well!”

She turns to BB and her eyes soften, “You too, Blade.”

“Blade?!” Ace almost screams, the shock apparent in his voice. “Blade?!”
He smiles at Beauty and does as he's told. He thinks to himself, 'I was ready for a brawl, a visit from the police force, a meeting from that 'Theorycraft' character, but this... This I was not expecting.'
XandZero2 wrote:... "Sorry?"

"Sorry?! SORRY?!" Beauty leans in further, and Ace actually leans so far back, he falls on his back. Then Beauty eases up and takes a step away from the Captain, nodding firmly as she gazes at Ace, lying prone on the ground, "Yes, Mr. Airborne, if there is one thing you are, it's most certainly sorry. But you shouldn't apologize to me." She points a hoof at BB, "You should apologize to Blade - to Blade, and all the innocent pedestrians, wagon drivers, and air traffickers you undoubtedly ran across on your race to making a complete foal of yourself. Blade was right. You only think about yourself - and it's high time somepony put you in your place."
He just stands there watching in awe. What he himself was unable to do with his strongest blows, Black Beauty was now doing with her words. She'd talked him into submission. 'She'd make one hell of a mother,' he thinks, ignoring the more subtle implications behind his thoughts.
XandZero2 wrote:... His teeth chomp down into a grimace.

"Sorry... Blade..." He hisses through his teeth, sounding more like he wants to bury the hatchet in your head more than anywhere else...
He nods his head just once to let Ace and Beauty know the message was received. Disingenuous as it may be.
XandZero2 wrote:... "Then get up and get out of my sight!"

She turns back to Airborne's squad, "That goes for all of you."

Then she looks to Blade and smiles, her whole demeanor changing, just like that. She's suddenly so radiant you feel like you've just been blinded by the sun (at night), "Except you Blade. Please stay. If you have some time, I'd like to talk to you for a bit in private... if... that's alright?"
He breathes a sigh of relief. "I'd love to talk." As he looks over his should to look for one of Ace's squad he notices a very apologetic looking pegasus already making his was over to him.

"I believe these belong to you, Mr. Blocker," the young stallion says avoiding eye contact as much as possible and lifting Blade's training weights up to him. Still smiling Blade takes the heavy metal cuffs out of his hands and quickly slips them back on his front hooves as he says, "Thanks for looking after 'em for me. I appreciate it."

Enjoying the oh so familiar feel of weight on his hooves he walks over to Miss Beauty's side and gives her a look of gratitude. Just because he was ready for a brawl in no way meant that he wanted one and he couldn't have asked for a more perfect solution.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 am

XandZero2 wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the University…

Captain Force looked at Coffee Mug long and hard, her eyes narrowed, a slight smile playing across her purple muzzle. Finally she tossed back her mane and shrugged, “I guess I can give you the benefit of the doubt Mr. Mug… for now…

"If you really want to keep tabs on me..." he pauses "how about meeting me for either lunch or dinner tomorrow?"

She drained her first mug of coffee in one long swig, then poured herself another cup.

“As for our dear, sweet widdle Whisper…” The Captain began, making sure to say “widdle Whisper” in mocking baby speak, “That little stunt she pulled last night Handsome?

“-Doesn’t change a thing.”

Force gave a whinny, “Neigh.” She shook her head, laughing, “One stray act of courage doesn’t mean she’s suddenly grown a spine! The only reason widdle Whisper could even stand up to me in the first place was because she had her friends backing her up. In fact,” The Captain took another sip of her coffee, nodding firmly, “that’s the only thing that’s changed. By some miracle, that little weirdo finally made some friends.” Force shook her head again, “How the buck she did that, I’ll never know. Back when the widdle wuss was still going to the Academy of the Sacred Hoof, she never made any friends – and believe you me Handsome,” Force taps her chest with one hoof, “I know. When a pony has nopony but themselves to rely on, that’s when you get to see their true colors.

"Yeah," Taking another sip of her coffee, Force nods, "Whisper might be that ugly grayscale on the outside... but on the inside? She’s nothing but a bright shade of yella’.”

Coffee grins. "I see, I see. And you must have wanted to be her friend so badly. But..she pushed you away, huh?"

Last edited by Cardbo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 pm

"My Brother's right... The world is mad... You just don't see it yet... Now I do...." Gleeda mutters to herself.

Party Roll:
Roll(1d20)+0:
20,+0
Total:20

So extra magic point... wow... Lucky me.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Chitin leaned away slightly as Waterwings' machine walked up. "h-hi..." She said somewhat hesitantly having a feeling this was going to get even worse, this was confirmed moments later. "There was nothing to say because I'm not pregnant!" Her eyes went wide and her ears flipped back as Waterwings announced a party for a baby that doesn't exist. As everyone seemed to be going along with this and getting themselves riled up, Chitin gave a meaningful look at the window. Wondering just how well it'd hold up if she threw the pool table at it and tried to fly away. "Don't you go along with it! You hate me!" she pointed at Chief Noble Heart before backing up to the wall. "I am not pregnant! Why won't any of you believe me?"

perception check+instant party:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:15 pm

When Whisper had thrown out all the party supplies, even the board members that looked confused had finally just shrugged and rolled with it, helping themselves to the cakes, pies, and chocolate eggs - but then when Chitin backed up to the wall and said,

Chitin wrote:"I am not pregnant! Why won't any of you believe me?"

-The room went quiet.

The only sound came from a Party Blow Out sticking out of Wolfgang's snout.

Spoiler:

Water Wings frowned, looking at Chitin doubtfully, "You're... not... pregnant?"

"Mane, what a buzz-kill..." Gizmo muttered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the University...

Cardbo wrote:Coffee grins. "I see, I see. And you must have wanted to be her friend so badly. But..she pushed you away, huh?"

Captain Force fell silent, frowning, and stared at Coffee Mug for a long moment.

She raised a hoof and opened her mouth to speak.

Then closed her mouth and lowered her hoof again.

"Very funny Mr. Mug, very funny..." Force shook her head, "That widdle wimp couldn't push me away if she tried..." Then she smirked as a thought occurred to her, "Same goes for you too for that matter, big boy. I'm quite persistent if you haven't noticed yet... I always get my mane."

The Captain took another sip from her mug, then looked at Coffee with interest, "So, tomorrow? Lunch or dinner hmm? -You spoil a girl, Handsome. Lunch is tempting, but dinner'd be more to my liking... So, where should we meet?"

She raised an eyebrow and gave Coffee a sly look...

"My place?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out on the Street...

After Ace finally got up, he quickly turned away from Blade and Beauty, trotting back to his team while grumbling under his breath, throwing dirty backwards glances as he went.

"Let's go dudes..." He finally muttered, nodding to them before they all lifted off and took to the sky.

As the Captain of the PWDF gained altitude, his golden-eyed gaze stayed locked on Blade for a long moment, his wings beating fiercely at his back. He shook his head, spat down at the ground. Then he and his squad took off down the street, vanishing into the night - flight suits and all.

"That Captain Airborne..." Black Beauty let out a heavy sigh. Turning back to Blade, she shook her lovely head, "Of all the pegasi in this city, you just had to meet him. I guess it was only a matter of time, considering your sister works for him, but I'm so sorry Blade. I can only imagine what he must have put you through tonight."

Beauty paused, looking at Blade with concern - but then a smile parted her lips, and she put a hoof to her muzzle to stifle a giggle. "Pardon me," she closed her eyes and shook her head again, "I shouldn't laugh," She took another deep breath to reign herself in before adding, "I'm just so glad you beat him."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Chitin looked everypony in the room over for a moment, actually backing up under the pool table still considering chucking it at the window and bolting. Looking around for a moment as she calmed down she signed inwardly. "I can't believe I'm doing this..." She thought irritably before speaking up. "No! At least... I don't think I am. I c-can't be pregnant can I? Kicked out of the hive...on my own...I c-cant possibly be pregnant on top of all that!" She said, doing her best to make herself look and sound like somepony in denial trying desperately to convince herself of something she knows isn't true. "Stupid ponies and their stupid party that they can't have for some stupid reason unless I pretend to be pregnant. stupid! It's all stupid!" She grumbled in her mind as she shifted into a disguise of a blue pegasus mare with a white mane and curled up, trying to make herself look frightened and helpless.

persuasion check:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next