The P-Files

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Coffee pause for a moment to steady himself, and untangles himself from the hex's effect.

Moves:

[+1] Stellar Energy(Gather Energy) - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

Save vs Bloody Contract
Roll(1d20)+0:
15,+0
Total:15
Saved!

Stats:

HP:12
Pips:6
Feeling, Bloodied, Resist 1


Last edited by Cardbo on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 pm

((HOLD IT! -desk slam- SLASHBACK!!))

Chitin grits her teeth and growls lowly, snorting and shaking her head in frustration as the nightmare does its weird eye thing. Noticing it coming around again behind her she turns around to face it head on and protect the littlest Rock on her back. Bringing her daggers up in a wild arc from between her legs as it reaches her with enough force to lift it up and over her back down into the ground. The daggers digging in before Chitin notices a second one headed for Whisper. With a magical flare from her horn both daggers rocket off towards the second nightmare, one slashing it across the eyes while the other slashes it across the chest. Chitin pants quietly from exertion and her wounds for a moment before gritting her teeth and bringing her daggers back to her side.

Combat Stats:
1d12+6(MB)+1(armor)=12+6+1=19 damage to N1

N2 is now suffering from Blind, Vul3, and 5 On-going damage. It now also has to flip to hit whisper both times and since it technically got these debuffs on N1's turn, it takes 8 damage from ongoing+vuln before it barters in blood or can attempt to save.

HP:21-6-(1d6-1)=15-(1d6-1)
PiPs:2
Status: Darkblade, armored,Bloodied.

[-1] Slashback - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger – A creature hits you with an attack.
Deal 1d12 damage to the triggering creature.

Crippling Strike
8: Blind target enemy (save ends)
10: Blind and weaken target enemy (save ends both)
12: Blind target enemy and it suffers vulnerability 3 and 5 ongoing damage (save ends all)
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:57 am

The first nightmare's flames gutter - but don't quite die out - as the creature grits it's fangs and slowly staggers back to it's hooves, growling in anger.

The second nightmare pauses a moment as it weeps tarry tears from it's eyes and chest (and on second thought, you're actually not certain if those really are tears after all...), but then with a grunt of pain and a sudden burst of flames, you watch as the creatures' wounds knit back together. Wasting no more time, the nightmare continues it's attack on Whisper, but as it blasts Whisper with a flaming hoof, it gives Chitin the favor of it's red-eyed glare.

Spoiler:

The first flamemane is barely standing, but the second seemed to shake off it's save ends immediately - though it also seemed to suffer some amount of discomfort in doing so. Subz should realize what it just did...

-Also, I rolled for Chitin's bloody contract on N1 - and I rolled a 1. She sucks that up with her armor Res.
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 am

Gleeda stares down the Nightmare that had put it's hoof on her backside... And attacks it with the most powerful special trickshot as she can. Which then flys off and hits Nameless, somehow healing him a little.

combat talent:
[+1] Trickshot (Syphon Life) - Standard Attack
Roll 1d6. Deal that much damage to target enemy, and you or target ally gains that many hp.

1D6+1 => [ 6 ] +1 = 7 damage to Nightmare 5 & 6 healing to Nameless

1D6/2 => [ 6 ] /2 = 3 damage from barter in blood.

failed the save for vul, made the save for bloodly contract.
status:
HP: 19
PiP: 6
Condition: Red Rose Armor (1 Resist & +1 Damage), Intimidation (Takes half damage for rest of battle), 1 Vul (save ends)

(OOC: Hope somebody uses that pip gifting talent for the party before my next turn... I could really use that 7th pip to use The Regal Thundershot Bow (Hammer of Thunder) talent.)
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:29 am

"Owww! Why are you only picking on me!?" Whisper complains, initially to everyone's confusion. Then they suddenly realize that none of them were in fact very greatly hurt by the nightmares' assaults the entire time.

Combat Data:
Chitin delays till after Whisper

Start of Turn: HP: 15/30, PiPs: 0, Status: Resist 1
[+1] Critfisher
5d12: 6, 4, 12, 12, 9
d12critX2: All allies can 12 HP and save against all conditions.
End of Turn: HP: 15/30, PiPs: 1, Status: Resist 1
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:40 am

Chitin blinks, taking a shaky step for a moment and looking around. "Wasn't I......" She stops and shakes her head slightly with a mutter of "Whisper" before turning back towards the nightmare getting back to its hooves after she slammed it, her dagger following the motion as it spins around and slashes into the creature. As the dagger finishes its arc it seems to have hooked onto something in the nightmare and pulled it out, a small but of life energy which Chitin flings towards Whisper with a flick of the blade.

Combat Stats:
HP:27
PiPs:3
Status: Darkblade, Armored, Normal

1d8+1= 5 damage to N1 and 4(or maybe 5?) healing to Whisper

[+1] Essence Stinger (Syphon Life) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target enemy. You or target ally gains that many hp.
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:07 pm

At Whisper's words, a look of shocked confusion came over all the nightmares, and they all turned to Whisper with wide eyes.

-Then Chitin's dagger plunged into the first nightmare, knocking it back to the ground and pinning it in place. It's flames flared up and it's teeth gnashed, it's eyes burning red as it struggled to get at the changeling with it's flaming hooves - but Chitin's blade in it's back insured she was safely out of reach.

As Chitin wrenched her blade out from the creature's coal black coat, it carried with it a gout of burning flame - and as she flicked that flame towards Whisper, the glow in the first nightmare's red eyes dulled, it's movements slowed...

-And now, as you watch, it's roaring flames gutter out, die down to cinders, and finally... it's fire is extinguished...

The creature grows still.

Spoiler:

N1 is out of the fight. I'll also allow the +1 bonus from the armor to effect Syphon Life's healing properties as well.

It is Nameless' turn I believe, and there are still 4 Flamemanes remaining.
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  SubjectZ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:11 am

Nameless roars with pain, then blinks, the red aura, dissipating, feeling a lot better suddenly. He lets loose a triumphant yell and leans back on his rear hooves, lighting them with a horrible, shifting silver flame. He slams them into the ground, sending flowing and ebbing flames towards the remaining nightmares, enveloping them in the deadly embrace of the inferno. One of the nightmares is then enveloped in a familiar red aura. ((Pick a random one))
Combat Stats:
[-5] Hellfire Rain - Standard Attack
Up to six creatures suffer 6 ongoing damage (save ends)

[-1] Barter in Blood - Minor Utility
Target creature is subjected to your “Bloody Contract” (save ends). While the creature is subjected to your “Bloody Contract”, it suffers 1d6 damage whenever you are dealt damage.

Health: 27
Pips: 2
Status: Excited
avatar
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 644
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 18
Location : Who wants to know?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:05 am

As the silver flames wash over the remaining four nightmares and the last member of the group begins glowing red, all four nightmares roar as one, their blazing eyes locked on Chitin and Whisper. With grunts of pain and another sudden burst of flames, you watch as all the creatures but one shake off Nameless’ silver fire. Then, ignoring the rest of the party completely – the nightmares race through Nameless’ inferno, their own red flames clashing with silver as two of them nail Chitin and Whisper with blazing hooves. The nightmares' eyes glow as an aura spreads from their eyes to you - enveloping the alicorn changeling and off-white earth pony in a deadly red glow.

Spoiler:
Of all four nightmares, only N5 failed to shake off Nameless' Ongoing Damage with Savage Dreadnaught. N5 is also currently still effected by Nameless' bloody contract - and is bloodied as well.

Chitin and Whisper are now each suffering from another bloody contract save ends - N5's on Whisper, N2's on Chitin.

I'm going to wait for DB to get a chance to respond before I finish the nightmare's turns. I assume he's going to use an interrupt or reaction - though I could be wrong about that...

-Don't forget to please remove your post for now Cardbo.


Last edited by XandZero2 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:20 am

Whisper swats the doom and gloom aura out of the air as if it were just harmless smoke.

Combat Data:

[-1] Selfless Act - Interrupt Utility
Trigger - An ally would be subjected a (save ends) condition.
Effect - You are subjected to the (save ends) condition instead.
Target: Chitin.

[0] Savage Dreadnought - Free Action
Pay 3 hp. If you do, you may make a saving throw.
Save: 10. Success.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:50 am

OOC:Moved to a later post.


Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Glancing up from Chitin’s mane in time to see Whisper fan away the nightmare’s hexes like so much bad gas on Taco Tuesday, the littlest Hard Rock actually giggles – but the two nightmares that cast the hex do not. Their coal black ears prick up at the sound, and they grit their fangs in what appears to be barely controlled fury.

Turning slowly towards Whisper – their red eyes wide, seething with rage – they open their razor-fanged maws and roar in the earth pony’s face. Black, tarry spittle splatters on Whisper’s snout as the sheer force of their cries blow back her mane.

Hard Rock falls silent.

-And all the nightmares fall on Whisper, their flaming manes flaring as they buck, bite, and rip into her.

Reacting with lightning-quick reflexes, Chitin dives into the fray as Hard Rock tightens his grip on her back and scrunches his eyes tight. The changeling’s daggers slash in every direction as she lands on one nightmare and doesn’t let go, grappling with it hoof to flaming hoof. The creature glares at Chitin, roaring in frustration as it struggles against her but fails to gain any ground.

-Finally the nightmare leaps back, skidding to a flaming halt two hooves away. Its eyes remain locked on Chitin as another of its brethren fall back to rejoin it – but the last two nightmares of the pack remain still and motionless, a dagger pinning each in place as their flames gutter out, their bodies smolder, and the red fire in their eyes – finally dies.

Whisper lies unconscious between the nightmares’ bodies – sprawled face-up on the ground, her rose armor dented and torn in a dozen places, her body covered in bruises, scrapes, scratches and scorch marks.

Finally opening his eyes again, little Rock peeks up from Chitin’s mane.

-One look at Whisper and he begins to cry.

Chitin turns her head slightly, bringing the little Hard Rock into sight in the corner of her eye while keeping her gaze on the nightmares. Seeing him crying she reaches up with a wing, lightly brushing it against his cheek. "Dry your eyes. There's no need to be crying right now. She'll be back on her hooves in moments. Which is more than I can say for them, so just be brave and trust in us to see this through!" She says, putting as much confidence in her voice as possible for the little Hard Rock as she turns her gaze back fully towards the nightmares with a glare.

As Chitin glares down the remaining two nightmares, from behind them, the black tide splits open once more, disgorging another two flame-maned, coal black equines onto the field – but as the fresh creatures burst from the waves, the tarry sea continues to roil and froth… You sense an as-yet unseen and even greater threat lies just below the surface…

Spoiler:
Okay guys, so some serious cowchips hit the fan during the nightmare turn. Since there seemed to be a lot of confusion, we did everything step-by-step in the skype chat. Here's an edited version of all the pertinent information:

[11:58:52 AM | Edited 11:59:03 AM] Josh Gremillion: Let's go ahead and count it as each nightmare activating one at a time, since it's becoming important whether they do so or not
[11:59:17 AM] Ramsus: ok, then Chitin would still have a barter in blood on her and I need to spend 3 more HP and roll another save
[11:59:31 AM] Josh Gremillion: Well hold on
[11:59:42 AM] Josh Gremillion: Let me just sum up everything in turn
[11:59:58 AM] Josh Gremillion: So N5 hit Whisper with BiB and attacked
[12:00:05 PM] Josh Gremillion: Did Whisper use SD?
[12:00:12 PM] Ramsus: yup
[12:00:16 PM] Josh Gremillion: Okay
[12:00:19 PM] Josh Gremillion: So that was the first save
[12:00:29 PM] Josh Gremillion: The 10 you rolled
[12:00:32 PM] Ramsus: right
[12:00:39 PM] Josh Gremillion: And in that case, he'll do...
[12:00:58 PM] Josh Gremillion: 6 damage
[12:01:00 PM] Ramsus: ouch
[12:01:14 PM] Josh Gremillion: Less than he would've gotten otherwise
[12:01:21 PM] Ramsus: *shrug*
[12:01:27 PM] Josh Gremillion: You do have resist 1 too
[12:01:32 PM] Ramsus: oh right
[12:02:14 PM] Josh Gremillion: Next to activate is N2
[12:02:27 PM] Josh Gremillion: He tries to hit Chitin with a BiB and attack her
[12:02:33 PM] Ramsus: Selfless Act
[12:02:38 PM] Josh Gremillion: Okay
[12:02:44 PM] Josh Gremillion: And did you use SD?
[12:02:46 PM] Ramsus: nope
[12:03:11 PM] Josh Gremillion: In that case, N2 will redirect his attack at Whisper when he sees you suck up his hex
[12:03:19 PM] Ramsus: then she does SD
[12:03:27 PM] Josh Gremillion: Alright
[12:03:30 PM] Josh Gremillion: Tell me what you get
[12:03:45 PM] Ramsus: lol
[12:03:46 PM] Ramsus: 10
[12:03:55 PM] Josh Gremillion: Curses!
[12:04:06 PM] Josh Gremillion: N2 deals...
[12:04:21 PM] Josh Gremillion: 4 damage
[12:04:26 PM] Ramsus: ok
[12:04:37 PM] Josh Gremillion: Let's see now...
[12:04:58 PM] Josh Gremillion: You've taken a total of 8 damage from the Nightmares... 6 damage from SD, right?
[12:05:04 PM] Ramsus: I'm down to 6
[12:05:52 PM] Josh Gremillion: I think that at this point, the Nightmares are really going to be torn between focusing some attacks on Chitin
[12:06:10 PM] Ramsus: *shrug*
[12:06:20 PM | Edited 12:06:35 PM] Josh Gremillion: Or just beating the heck out of the jerk who keeps sucking up all their save ends like some kind of nightmare sponge
[12:06:29 PM] Ramsus: I don't care either way
[12:06:51 PM] Josh Gremillion: BTW - To clarify, I'm not calling you a jerk here Ramsus
[12:06:55 PM] Ramsus: lol no, I know
[12:07:14 PM] Ramsus: Whisper is currently what amounts to the party tank on top of being the healer
[12:07:44 PM] Ramsus: If Whisper was an enemy, we'd be focusing on her
[12:07:45 PM] Ramsus: so, it's fair
[12:09:11 PM] Ramsus: oh right
[12:09:20 PM] Ramsus: keep in mind in the middle of this, Chitin is attacking them
[12:13:15 PM] Josh Gremillion: What has Chitin been doing during all this so far?
[12:14:18 PM] Dr. Blight: well to start with she has 3 PiPs unless someone used the banner again
[12:19:28 PM] Dr. Blight: she'll definitely hit someone
[12:19:31 PM] Ramsus: we have N5 (who has a save ends on him still) who attacked Whisper
[12:19:37 PM] Ramsus: and we have N4 who attacked Whisper
[12:19:42 PM] Josh Gremillion: N5 is also officially bloodied
[12:19:47 PM] Dr. Blight: but whether she can use where it hurts or not depends on how Lightning Reflexes is working here
[12:21:12 PM] Josh Gremillion: I assumed we were using the old way
[12:21:19 PM] Dr. Blight: k
[12:22:19 PM | Edited 12:22:29 PM] Dr. Blight: if we're using the old style of reflexes she'll PB+where it hurts N5
[12:22:29 PM] Josh Gremillion: Alright
[12:22:39 PM | Edited 12:22:48 PM] Josh Gremillion: Make your roll
[12:23:49 PM] Josh Gremillion: BTW - I am under the assumption that this will be your last fight with Chitin's old build still, right DB?
[12:23:49 PM] Dr. Blight: 11+6=17 total damage to N5
[12:23:58 PM] Dr. Blight: that's correct
[12:24:07 PM] Josh Gremillion: Because that combo she's got going right now just might be OP
[12:26:08 PM] Josh Gremillion: N5 is totally down for the count
[12:26:16 PM] Dr. Blight: 10+6(MB) to the other guy
[12:26:22 PM] Josh Gremillion: Alright
[12:26:22 PM] Dr. Blight: 16 total
[12:26:27 PM] Josh Gremillion: He's still alive I believe
[12:26:27 PM] Ramsus: oh wait
[12:26:33 PM] Ramsus: DB, you're forgetting your +1's
[12:26:39 PM] Dr. Blight: oh right
[12:26:42 PM] Josh Gremillion: Oh gawd
[12:26:58 PM] Dr. Blight: 18(or 19 if it applies to where it hurts) and 17 respectively
[12:27:25 PM] Josh Gremillion: So how much damage to N2?
[12:27:37 PM] Josh Gremillion: N2 doesn't have a save ends on him
[12:27:56 PM] Ramsus: so, 17 right?
[12:28:04 PM] Dr. Blight: N5 got where it hurts. other guy got midnights blade. and I'm out of PiPs
[12:28:23 PM] Josh Gremillion: Thank goodness!
[12:30:10 PM] Josh Gremillion: N2 is bloodied
[12:30:15 PM] Dr. Blight: Chitin can't do anything else until her next turn
[12:30:20 PM] Ramsus: you're done, I still might do stuff...
[12:30:38 PM] Josh Gremillion: How much HP do Whisper and Chitin have?
[12:30:44 PM] Josh Gremillion: Chitin's nearly full again, right?
[12:30:51 PM] Ramsus: Whisper has 6
[12:30:58 PM] Dr. Blight: how much damage did she take?
[12:31:08 PM] Josh Gremillion: She hasn't taken any more damage yet
[12:31:23 PM] Josh Gremillion: I retract the 16 from last night
[12:31:33 PM] Josh Gremillion: -Currently I do, anyway
[12:31:40 PM] Dr. Blight: 27 as of last round
[12:31:45 PM] Josh Gremillion: Yep
[12:32:02 PM] Josh Gremillion: They're gang-banging Whisper
[12:35:25 PM] Josh Gremillion: And Whisper is currently not suffering from a save ends
[12:35:29 PM] Ramsus: right
[12:35:35 PM] Josh Gremillion: So N3 will also BiB her
[12:35:48 PM] Josh Gremillion: Will you take it?
[12:35:51 PM] Ramsus: she does nothing until an attack is declared
[12:36:04 PM] Josh Gremillion: Noxious Mix on her then
[12:36:10 PM] Dr. Blight: I'll note that while Whisper has been healing Chitin has killed bobby and jeff, and seriously mauled tim
[12:36:25 PM] Josh Gremillion: Yes, but if not for Whisper
[12:36:38 PM] Josh Gremillion: They might be able to have KOed Chitin by now too
[12:36:44 PM] Ramsus: Whisper will not SD
[12:40:22 PM] Josh Gremillion: Whisper takes 8 - resist
[12:40:29 PM] Ramsus: goddamnit
[12:40:47 PM] Dr. Blight: that's 7 total damage isn't it?
[12:40:50 PM] Ramsus: yup
[12:40:54 PM] Josh Gremillion: Yep
[12:40:57 PM] Ramsus: I was really hoping he'd roll 6
[12:41:36 PM] Josh Gremillion: Whisper's at -1 then?
[12:41:39 PM] Ramsus: yup
[12:41:41 PM] Ramsus: damn
[12:41:55 PM] Ramsus: I really wanted to make them waste all their attacks
[12:42:02 PM] Josh Gremillion: The last nightmare will attack Chitin
[12:42:12 PM] Josh Gremillion: Using BiB first
[12:42:31 PM] Ramsus: at least I made them all spend pips on BiB
[12:42:35 PM] Josh Gremillion: He only does 1 damage
[12:42:41 PM] Ramsus: oh come on!
[12:42:43 PM] Josh Gremillion: - Resist 1
[12:42:49 PM] Dr. Blight: lol
[12:43:00 PM] Ramsus: well, I guess end result is the same
[12:43:01 PM] Josh Gremillion: Pfffft
[12:43:12 PM] Ramsus: they didn't get to do damage to anyone but Whisper
[12:43:18 PM] Dr. Blight: Chitin shoos little Jeffy back to the kiddy korner
[12:44:20 PM] Dr. Blight: which Nightmare attacked whisper?
[12:45:20 PM] Josh Gremillion: N4's the one that has BiB on her

-After all this transpired, I also realized that I had miscounted the damage on N2, which meant that he was also KO'd after Chitin attacked him. That means that there were 2 Nightmares remaining - N3 & N4. Two more fresh nightmares have just spawned - but I decided to rule that they won't be activating until the next nightmare turn.

Current Combat Order and Stats:
Chitin -
Midnight's Blade Activated
+1 Res and Damage
Suffering Bloody Contract from N4

Whisper -
+1 Res and Damage
Currently KO'd

Nameless -
+1 Res and Damage


Nightmare Flamemanes -
N2 – Out of the Fight
N3
N4
N5 – Out of the Fight
N6 - Fresh
N7 - Fresh

Coffee Mug -
+1 Res and Damage

Gleeda -
Intimidation: Takes only half damage from attacks for rest of battle
1 Temp HP
+1 Res and Damage

Let me know if you have any questions guys.
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:13 pm

A small glowing orb appears over Coffee, growing bigger and bigger as time passes.  Coffee then hurls it at the Nightmares, exploding right above and raining burning shards of light upon them.  Another orb appears in the sky, a glowing white sun with a black corona.  It shines a harsh light upon them, burning them badly.

Data:

Grenade - 1x Battle - Draw Blood
Choose an combat talent that you have that inflicts a status effect on a single enemy.  It inflict a status effect onto an enemy and enemies adjacent to it. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.

[+3] Piercing Moonbeam(Draw Blood) - Standard Utility
Target creature suffers 1 ongoing damage (save ends)

Targeting Nightmares 3,4 and 6 with Grenade.

Since I used Gather Energy last turn, I can follow up with Despair
[-3] Eclipse (Despair) - Standard Attack
Deal 2d12 to all enemies with save-ends effects.

Roll(2d12)+0:
6,7,+0
Total:13
Nightmares 3,4 and 6 each take 13 damage.
EDIT:+1 to damage. Each one takes 14 damage, not 13.

Stats:

HP:24
Pips:6
Feeling: Fine, +1 Res and Damage


Last edited by Cardbo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 am

As the three nightmares got hit with the burning shards they didn't seem to really care, keeping their attention on Chitin - until the solar flare exploded in their faces, causing them all to stagger back and divert their eyes as the white light turned their black coats as red as magma.

Spoiler:
N3, N4, and N6 are all bloodied - but are still standing.

It's Gleeda's turn.
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:18 am

"HEY! HOW DARE YOU KNOCK OUT MY FRIEND!" Gleeda roars blinded with rage as she fires off another hailstorm of lighting at the enemy party.

combat talent:
[-3] Cluster Shot (Fireswaith) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to up to six enemies.
1D10+1 => [ 9 ] +1 = 10 damage to everything.

failed my vul save, AGAIN...
status:
HP: 30
PiP: 3
Condition: Red Rose Armor (1 Resist & +1 Damage), Intimidation (Takes half damage for rest of battle), 1 Vul (save ends)
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:00 am

As Coffee's white hot sun finally begins to dissipate, the scorched nightmares have little time to recover as Gleeda's lightning arrows streak across the sky. Rising up against the magical, black corona'd sun, they rain back down on the creatures with a deadly arc. Unable to see the attack coming until it’s too late, the flamemanes roar in shock and rage as they’re pelted with dozens of elemental bolts.

When the lightningstorm finally subsides, three more of the nightmares lie broken in the dust, their fires burning out as their eyes grow dull. The one remaining nightmare surveys its fallen brethren – then grits its fangs and falls into a crouch, eyeing the entire party warily.

Spoiler:
N3, N4, and N6 are all out of the fight. Only N7 remains.
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:31 am

Chitin lashes out with her daggers again, slashing hard into the remaining nightmare before flicking the bit of energy the blades had absorbed out towards the unconscious Whisper.

Combat Stats:
[+1] Essence Stinger (Syphon Life) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target enemy. You or target ally gains that many hp.

6+1+6=13 damage to the last Nightmare and 6+1=7 healing to Whisper.

HP:27
PiPs:1
Status: Normal, Armored, Darkblade
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:31 am

Whisper gets up, clearly favoring one of her legs and the wings from earlier just pop off with a soft suction sound. "Ow ow ow."
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Upon seeing Whisper rise, shakily, back onto her hooves, the little Hard Rock on Chitin's back exhales slowly.

"She's... she's aw'ight...?" he mutters uncertainly – as across from the party, the last of the flamemanes collapses onto the ground.

Spoiler:
-Because Chitin's last attack was enough to take it out of the fight.

The creature glares at you all with its glowing red eyes. Grimacing and gritting its fangs, it tries to pick itself back up from the dust, its flaming mane flickering like a dying candle as it struggles – but in vain. As the nightmare continues to kick, grunt, and writhe on the ground - Buck soars down from the sky and unceremoniously hurls another two burnt-out nightmare husks atop it.

Flicking the black tar from his talons, the big griffon turns to the rest of you and nods grimly. “Well,” he grunts, “that was a buckin’ barrel a’ laughs…” He glances around at the roiling ebon sea, before adding, “What ya think their gonna throw out next? Giant Robots? Dragons? … Giant Robot Dragons?

The dark waters begin to swirl into a new whirlpool, the tarry substance going faster and faster as the whirlpool reaches up from the drink, forming a rising funnel like that of a tornado. The tornado’s eye tilts downward until it looks directly at the party - and seeing all this, Buck gives a humorless laugh and a shake of his black and red feathered head, “Well, whatever the buck it is comes out a’ that slop,” he growls, flicking a talon towards it, “I’m expectin’ it’ll be one of THE. BUCKIN’. UGLIEST…

–From the center of the whirling waters, you make out two red eyes peering out from the depths...

…DUMBEST, NO-GOOD, ROTTEN…

–From deep within, a shadowy form begins to take shape...

LOW-LIFE, WORTHLESS, PIECE OF…

–You make out a menacing, muscular frame; great, meaty fists, each the size of a pony’s head; a cruel, imposing set of horns crowning a massive head...

“...SCUM OF EQUESTRIA…

–The being breaches the dark waters, taking its first step onto the field with a dark, cloven hoof...

THAT YOU’LL EVER HAVE THE DISPLEASURE TA SET EYES OOOOOOOONNNNNNNN-

...

"-Whah tha buh?

Buck falls silent for a long moment – his beak agape, his one good eye nearly bulging right out its socket.

“B-B-Buh…B-B-Buh-” he stammers when his voice finally returns to him. “B-B-Buh…B-B-Buh-” raising a shaking talon to point at the being standing before you, he shakes his head, rubs his eyes, blinks stupidly, “B-B-Buh…B-B-Buh-” Then, finally, he spits out the word...

BOSS?!?!

-For, standing before you, in the flesh (and golden fur) is none other than the one, the only, head of Labyrinth’s United, and big time business monster of New Orreigns – “Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig” Mighty Mike himself (-in his emerald-green suit).

Spoiler:
-To be perfectly clear, combat is currently on pause. Everyone, keep your PiPs and current health. You can't attack - unless you wish to re-initiate the fight again immediately that is - in which case, go ahead and attack if you want.

-But currently, you are all able to act as if you were out of combat. You may talk freely - and react to the sudden (and hopefully somewhat shocking) guest appearance.
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Whisper looks at "Big Mike" tilts her head questioning, then looks at Buck, then back to Big Mike, then at your man, then to me, pauses.... and then starts cracking up laughing and slapping one hoof against the ground while she has the other foreleg clutching her side.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Gleeda was shocked at this turn of events... For about five seconds, then she faceclaws. "Of course we see Big Mike... What else would be the source of nightmares that have locked up Rock's psychie into a coma. And what else could've been the most scary thing those Zebra's would've used to bring the most fear out of some of his low level employees..."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:15 pm

"Well, the guy is pretty imposing."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:28 pm

"That is he... So I wonder what reaction we'll get out of him from us chatting between ourselves or in Whisper's case, just laughing her flank off?" Gleeda comments to Coffee then snaps a glare to Whsiper. "Stop it... This ISN'T a laughing matter you dumb filly!"
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Chitin face-hoofs... at Gleeda. "They WORK for Big Mike, just like Buck does. Hope for your sake by the way that's not the real deal big guy or you might be taking a pay cut. Anyway! It doesn't make any sense for him to be what shows up since if anything Mike should be reassuring, unless he's afraid of Mike's reaction to him getting beat up I guess..."

Chitin then turns her attention to the little Hard Rock on her back and smiles reassuringly. "I told you she'd be fine! Have a little more faith in your Princess!" With that she walks over towards Whisper and lightly flicks her on the ear. "Keep still, I'm not very good at this..." Before lowering her horn and doing her best to use a basic first-aid spell.

checks:
13+11+1=25 Persuasion check on the little Hard Rock to further reassure him.
15+5+1=21 Heal check to help Whisper out as best Chitin can, which I doubt is much.
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:18 pm

"Well, laughter is the best medicine."    Coffee goes over and assists Chitin's first aid attempt on Whisper.

OOC:Heal check.
Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9
Total:22 +1 IP


Last edited by Cardbo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum