Post Your Campaign Ideas!

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post Your Campaign Ideas!

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm

You know when you're watching your favorite movie, or playing a game, or reading a book, and suddenly you think "You know, this would be an awesome Pony Tales/Living Legends campaign!"

And then you say, "But wait... I can't run it... and it'd be kinda rude to post it and then expect someone else to run it..."

Well, that's what this thread is for; for players with interesting campaign ideas, and GMs without them.

You can also try and brainstorm a bit for ideas for your own pre-existing campaigns here; but, be warned, it is quite likely that your players will find out what you're up to.

Couple ideas of mine, to get things rolling...

Idea 1: Starship Troopers Ponies!

Idea 2 is a little more complicated.

I'd really like to see a semi "slice of life" campaign (maybe) that doesn't necessarily have one static GM or party. I think an ongoing campaign that anyone can join into or leave at anytime would make it much easier for a new player to find a game to play until someone starts a new one. If we have more than one GM, working in conjunction, the "too many players!" Issue would be severely mitigated, since each one would only have to worry about 3-6 players at a time, and could call upon other GMs to pick it up if Real Life makes it difficult.

This would also provide us with a convenient "guinea pig" of sorts to test out new talents, traits, and other mechanics.

So! Post your own campaign ideas/questions, and tell me what you think of mine?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post Your Campaign Ideas!

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:22 pm

The remnants of Pony Team BaSgAS (or the other game, I forget which) had the idea to try and run a slice of life campaign like that- alternating DMs with episodic sessions. Never got around to any of it, since none of us actually wanted to DM anything.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Hmmm, you could just make a sort of non-headcanon thread for everyone's characters to just show up and talk to each other if that's what you want. You could even give it some sort of setting as long as nobody was expected to not randomly vanish or randomly appear.

As for campaign ideas, well I still really want to do a Fallout type setting (I wouldn't care if it was Ponies or not) though, I didn't really like what they came up with for the Fallout rules and it would be kinda irritating for people to go by stuff other people have done in fanfics, both because I don't read fanfics so I wouldn't know what was going on and it's not all that much fun playing basically second fiddle to the fanfic characters.

I'd also think a sci-fi setting would be cool for a PT game.
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Star Trek ponies? Star Wars? Oooh! Warhammer 40K, just so I have an excuse to make as many Space Mare-ine jokes as physically possible.

But yeah, a sci-fi one would be interesting...Keeping with ponies would mean that science and magic would be blurred though, which could be cool. (Unicorn magic and the like would have been analyzed by then, but there would be actual tech too...Hrm. Razz)
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Ramsus wrote:Hmmm, you could just make a sort of non-headcanon thread for everyone's characters to just show up and talk to each other if that's what you want. You could even give it some sort of setting as long as nobody was expected to not randomly vanish or randomly appear.

That's a thought. The Never-Ending Party, we could call it...

Ramsus wrote:
As for campaign ideas, well I still really want to do a Fallout type setting (I wouldn't care if it was Ponies or not) though, I didn't really like what they came up with for the Fallout rules and it would be kinda irritating for people to go by stuff other people have done in fanfics, both because I don't read fanfics so I wouldn't know what was going on and it's not all that much fun playing basically second fiddle to the fanfic characters.

Yeah, that is a bit problematic isn't it. I'd actually be willing to run that, except

A) I'm still getting used to running one on here already, and

B) Fallout is a very unfamiliar setting to me (though I could probably pull off a more generic post-apoc setting.)

Ramsus wrote:I'd also think a sci-fi setting would be cool for a PT game.

Indeed. I've said Starship Troopers, and heard Star Trek, Star Wars, and Warhammer 40K; maybe a blending of all of them?

I would sadly have to go with the first one... it's the only setting of the four I'm familiar enough with, though granted it isn't quite as developed. I've read that book probably one time too many...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:01 am

I didn't even know it was a book. I know it was a pretty... good? good but also bad movie, and vaguely aware that that movie had 2 sequels.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:09 am

I didn't see any of the movies... but according to my dad the book was WAY better.

EDIT:

Caden2112 wrote:But yeah, a sci-fi one would be interesting...Keeping with ponies would mean that science and magic would be blurred though, which could be cool. (Unicorn magic and the like would have been analyzed by then, but there would be actual tech too...Hrm. Razz)

You might be interested in the "Define Magic" thread over in General Discussion; I've made a number of posts there, as have some other people, regarding this very subject.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:15 am

Starship Troopers is.... complicated. You're kinda missing the point if you're viewing it as a sci-fi setting for a game.

As not-specifically Fallout game would probably actually be better than a specifically Fallout one honestly.

Edit: Also, I really don't like "fully analyzed magic" settings. It's no longer really magic at that point.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 am

I never said it would have to be fully analyzed... but, by definition, even what's in the show canon is technically analyzed, at least a little.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Getting back on topic, here are some campaign settings/stories I would love to see:

1) Magical Girl - The series get massively censored here in the West to become fun little romps of girls using magic to fight evil monsters and worry about boys and cloths and junk, and if you want to run a more pony game that works; in Japan however quite a number of these series are bloody, violent, philosophical, psychological, and explore themes about being who you are. There are still plenty of fun romp style ones out East, but it's an almost even split, and there are plenty that fall within the two extremes.

2) My Little Rokugan - If you aren't familiar with this setting, You can read about it here. to summarize though, it's a feudal Japan/China inspired world of magic, honorable warriors, demons, politics, rebellion, and more. It's a rich world ready to be tapped for ideas, especially if you get tired of western fantasy.

3) Resident Pony - Resident Evil style game, with ponies. Pretty straight forward.
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm not sure Resident Evil would work out very well. It'd be almost all combat and stupid villains. If you want a zombies game, the Walking Dead would be a better setting as it's not all zombies all the time.

A super hero pony game would be pretty cool too.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm

I think Resident Evil would be plausible, or perhaps more appropriately Silent Hill. A horror-genre game.

The problem with Horror is that is relies on a number of psychological tools, the most common being loneliness, which is hard to do if you've got a group larger than, say, two. Possible, but hard. Free-writing here now: Also a problem is the setting: A pony dying in 4th ed or Ponytales is neigh (hah, pun) impossible without a TPK. You'd need a vicious, MEAN DM to make it work (those are the best DMs). By which I mean, if a pony in combat goes down, don't have the enemies ignore them like most DMs (and players) do. Instead, have them swarm the player, going from -5 to -15 to -30 really quickly unless the others truly pull their acts together, since zombies like fresh meat and aren't concerned with surviving the encounter. The game would be heir-and-a-spare rules. Loneliness is hard to establish, but primal fear isn't.

Heck, I may do it if nopony else does, but the setting would likely be very similar to Don't Go Outside, a very psychological horror MLP setting (until it jumps the shark, but until then, an awesome read). And the issue is I don't know if people would be interested in that kind of thing. It'd be more skill checks than most else, as the zombies would, at least on the outset, strongly overpower the players, workarounds would be needed, constant skill challenges and outside the box thinking. It could be zombies all the time and still not be combat-heavy, and have a variety of things to do.

But it would require a very specific type of both player and DM to make it work, and would lean heavily on Rule-0, no rules-arguments (as Paranoia states: Knowledge of the rules is ultra-violet clearance, enjoy your execution) since you'd need to meld them to suit the setting.

----------
As for my own ideas, I was thinking an alt-universe setting would be cool, like "6 players, you must be a canon background pony but can play with their BG a little bit", setting being that Celestia took Twilight's concerns at face value and mobilized the guard, keeping Twilight far away, meaning the Elements never formed, and Nightmare Moon made Night Eternal... One month in, rumours begin spreading of these "elements of harmony" that can stop her, but nopony knows where they are... And make finding each one a whole quest-in-itself.

Another thought is something similar to the Sweetie Bell Chronicles, or Tsubasa Chronicles, have a small party going fanfic-dimension to fanfic-dimension trying to solve their problems in-media-res for some overarching purpose of collecting pieces of a McGuffin.
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:03 pm

I was suggesting RE not for the horror elements, it's RE it's not a horror series. It's the chance to play the action heroes of B-Monster Movies. Hell, Revalations gave us a duo of genre savvy guys that literally predict a play by play of a security tape they're watching based on cliché. Heck, most of the series horror comes from the fact that you know you'll have to listen to horrible dialog like "master of unlocking" and fight a midget Napolion on the end of a tentacle. The series is comedy gold in the right paws.
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Oohh A free for all non-cannon here's a chance to RP those extra characters you know you'll never get to put in a game could be fun, along with a fallout campaign.

Also Raven if you decide to Dm that Killer Psych-horror zombie game I would be all for it. That would be neat.
As to settings I'd love to see played?
Tyrant Celestia using a modified version of the EoH for evil
Or a realm controlled by Discord. Either one.
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Mechas. Like Gundam or Code Geass or something like that.
They could be equippable combat builds.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 pm

While we're on the topic of horror, I'll share a campaign concept that has been jumping around my head for quite a bit. It's very much horror, the silent hill and resident evil kind, and borrows some videogame design concepts in its workings. It's not really meant for LL (and especially not Pony Tales), as it would probably require combat of some sort, or a system like Call of Cthulhu, but with a viable/reasonable chance of player survival.

Note: This is a huge wall of text, and I pretty much reveal the entire plot of the campaign within it, as well as how the DM would play it. It's more of a DM campaign module, really.

Evil's Crossing:
The players are a traveling bunch, and move from town to town, fixing problems. As they head to the next one (ambushed by bandits along the way), they encounter a peasant, moving with his family and belongings out of town in a carriage. He warns them that the town is now a place of curses and evil and should make their business there swift or avoid it entirely.

The town is mostly a ghost-town, abandoned, decrepit and poor, full of swindlers and thieves. In the town, they learn (from tales, legends and rumors) that the "curse" and "evil" of the town is centered on four houses (or rather, mansions), located across each other by a street crossing. Each of the houses belonged to wealthy, well-respected and cherished families that helped the town flourish. One of the families was of the former mayor: A archmage-sorceress, who single-handedly made the town into a wealthy trading and commerce center. Each of the families had a single daughter, and they were all friends. It was expected that the four would one day help the town prosper, working together with their families influence.

But over the past few years, strange and disturbing thing have been happening. The members of the families dwindled, disappearing without a trace, dying in mysterious accidents, or even being murdered in ghastly ways, until only the youngest daughters remained. The resultant tragedies put a dark spell on the daughters. They became secluded within their houses. Eventually, they shut themselves within their homes for good, refusing to ever come out. That's when the horrors started. Ghastly and unspeakable creatures started being sighted around and within the houses. The houses began warping in unnatural ways, and strange magics would fluctuate around them. Many men went into the houses to attempt to find the daughters, or the source of the dark events. Those that returned were maddened, bearing grisly wounds, or emerged as aberrations, twisted and sick. The town, once prospering, became a place of fear and evil, as whatever influenced the houses started to spread or escape from their origin.

If the players are investigative enough, they may also learn of an old woman witch, who some of the townsfolk blame for the events. She's a hermit and lives in the woods outside of town in a hut. She is actually trying to fix the town from the horrors. She sent a bunch of adventurers before, but none returned, and she can't do anything alone. She will be the one that will ask the players to go within the houses and bring a specific, personal object (e.g. a music box) that belonged to each of the girls within the house.

The players at this point have 4 houses to attempt to enter (only one entrance, possibly a side entrance and secret one). Each house has it's own thematic of horror, and appropriate challenges... Each of the houses is a horror deathtrap and PCs dying (or worse) is a very real possibility, if they don't act carefully. If the players go to the houses first without hearing or consulting the witch, she may try to save them from certain doom / death at some point within the houses, deus ex machina style. Each of the house is built to lead to a "central room", where a boss-fight will occur. After they've done all they can in the house, the house will more or less crumble to pieces, with exception for the 4th house.

A) The first house is thematically a deathtrap dungeon. It is filled to the brim with myriads of gruesome, deadly traps, meant to kill, maim and incapacitate. It has no real monsters encounters to speak of, but some traps might employ deadly monsters if tripped. Alternately, the monsters can be ghosts of trap victims. Early on, the players will encounter the inhabitant of the house, one of the girls. She acts bipolar, attempting to randomly lead players into traps, or away from them. She will lead the PCs to the source of the troubles, but first insisting they leave as she fears they cannot combat it, like other adventurers. She may even attempt to sacrifice herself for the PCs from some traps, from which they can find out that she has a strange regeneration and/or immortality bestowed upon her. As they near the center of the troubles, the girl will become more scared and unwilling to continue, but the players will need her to open the final door for them. Along the way, they might notice that there are no mirrors or reflective surfaces in the house, all being broken or removed.

Before the final door, one trap will be unique: It will open a trapdoor that sends a single player to the basement. The basement is littered with hundreds of corpses, and has a single mirror table with a diary describing gruesome acts of violence, written by what seems to be a child. The player can easily escape this room, directly into the room where the girl is leading the others. They will all simultaneously arrive in the room, or one slightly before the other.

Once they all arrive at the center room, they find a giant curtain. Once they pull it, they find a giant mirror. At this point, the girl approaches it and her reflection shows her as a bloodied psychopath. The psychopath reflection pulls her "into" the mirror, trapping her there, and assaulting the PCs. Depending on how the PCs treated the girl, the fight is harder or easier. The girl in the mirror will help the players, but is assaulted by dark shadows within the mirror. PCs can enter the mirror to protect her. The psycho-girl cannot be harmed permanently, as she regenerates. She needs to be lured or thrown into the mirror, where the trapped girl will try to keep her pinned within, and then beg the PCs to break the mirror. Doing so kills them both (and anyone else in the mirror), and opens a path to the object the PCs need, or hidden behind the mirror (e.g. a ring that was on her finger, and got severed as the mirror was broken, or a hand-mirror in a secret room behind the big mirror).

B) The second house is full of murderous monsters, all more or less abominations. The players hack & slash their way through, reaching the girl: She has been transformed into a gigantic abomination that spawns the monsters continuously. After killing her / ending her misery, they find the second object.

C) the third house is infected with a strange semi-fungal, semi-plant, semi-fleshy growth and monsters / traps of the same type are the theme. The monsters are all linked together mentally, making the house partially alive and hiding impossible. They will not attempt to kill the PCs, so much as absorb them, or infect them with the growth, enthralling them to a hive-mind and transforming them. In the center of the house is the girl, who is the center of these growths. Killing her ends any threat of the infections or transformations, so long as they aren't in an advanced stage. Within her chest is the third object.

D) The final house belongs to the daughter of the archmage. Her house is full of magical warping effects, illusions, dimensional puzzles and traps, as well as monsters not of this world (demons, dimensional horrors, arcane constructs). The girl itself is omnipresent within the house, assuming a magical form and dangerously insane. This house has a bunch of silent-hill esque mind screws as well. She may attempt to perform insane science on the PCs, toy with them, or help them. Eventually, she will "meet" them, allowing them to fight and defeat her and get the final item.

For each item that is picked up, the players taking it get a vision of a past event, seen from the viewpoint of the girls they've fought. Each will show the girls going through a tunnel, bypassing a few security mechanisms (magical, password, mechanism and riddle based), before reaching a room, with a book on a pedestal. The final vision will reveal where the tunnel's secret entrance is located: within the 4th mansion.

After the 4th item is brought, the witch reveals her identity: She is the archmage-sorceress and it is her fault that the daughers were cursed. She discovered a wish-granting demon and fought it off. Rather than destroy it, she bound it within a tome and hid it within her mansion. The four girls, however, snuck into the hiding spot and read of it. The demon beguiled them, offering each of them a wish, as well as unholy immortality. Each wish was corrupted and caused nothing but evil, which only strengthened the demon:

-The first girl wished for to defend others and be a selfless hero. She was thus turned into a bipolar, split-personality, unstoppable psychopath, forcing her to defend others from herself by secluding herself in a mansion of traps.
-The second girl wished greatly to be the loving mother of a large and healthy family. She was thus transformed to spawn monstrosities.
-The third girl wished the ability to bring peace and unity into the world. This made the carrier of a hive-mind infection, stripping her of empathy, emotion, into a being of cold logic.
-The fourth girl wished for power to change the world. The demon gave her exactly that, but the power warped her mind as well, driving her progessivly insane and sociopathic, until she was no different than a lich seeking power.

The witch then prepares a ritual with the brough items. She explains that there is only one way to fix the events: Using the demon's wish against him, in a way it does not expect. The demon is nigh-immortal now, and is biding its time for the witch to make her wish. Once she does, he will be fully free. It is watching the witch and keeping her alive, so it knows what they are doing, and is immune to its own wishes. So the witch will need the PCs to defeat the demon and end the curse, saving more than one life.

If the players accept, the witch will initiate the ritual (she had the demon-book in her hut the whole time), summon the demon and make her wish. The wish will be to send the players back in time to before the wishes were made, allowing the PCs to stop the girls from freeing the demon and making their wishes. They will be hindered by the demon placing them scant hours before the event happens while they are in the middle of the forest, as well as the mansion family having a party and not believing their tales, thinking them madmen, and ordering guards to arrest them. The archmage will also be skeptical, but will help them if they are convincing enough. They will need to use knowledge they got from the visions to find the book's location and the girls, to reach them in time.

Depending on their success, they will either have to kill the freed demon in a weak state, or stop the ritual before that happens and destroy the book. Afterwards, the fully empowered demon from their time will follow them through time, having enslaved the witch. The players must defeat her (with the assistance of the archmage of the past) to kill her and destroy the demon once and for all. After they do, a paradox will occur and they will return to their time, back in the forest.

The witches hut will be gone. As they go to town, they will have deja vu, by encountering the same bandits from the start of the campaign. Then they will encounter a peasant, moving with his family and belongings out of town in a carriage. He warns them that the town is a tourist trap, and full of swindling merchants.

When they arrive in the town, it will be prosperous and rich. Every inhabitant will look at the PCs with awe and shock, and lead them to the location of the houses. The houses are now huge beautiful mansions, and between them is a statue, bearing the images of the PCs. The girls, now fully grown and well respected leaders of the town, as well as the elderly archmage will then thank them for their deeds (discerned through divination) and prepare a festival in their honor, having waited for their return.

End result: Happy ending for everyone, gotten through blood, sweat and tears.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Mechas. Like Gundam or Code Geass or something like that.
They could be equippable combat builds.
Knight Mare Frames anyone?
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

I heard something about a superhero campaign, which I think I'd find more interesting if I wasn't already playing a Green Lantern over in the Windigo campaign. Razz But in all seriousness, if that ever gets off the ground, lemme know. Even if there's no room or I decide I don't have time to play in it, I still want to watch it. Very Happy Maybe the Big Bad could be a pony who retcons EVERYTHING he/she doesn't like (not unlike DC these days LOL).

Random ideas to be taken with a grain of salt:

Derpy hires you to find the mystical First Muffin and bring it to her. T'would have to be a fairly silly campaign... or not, if you think you can make it serious.

Evil campaign. My last one bombed since I took on too many players, so perhaps someone who won't repeat my mistakes can try again. Naturally, you'd want to make things different from mine.

Crossover: the party ends up in another world (Pokemon, for example, but the Faust should use a canon they're very comfortable with) and have to get back to their own. I.E. Pokemon campaign could involve trying to find Arceus before they're caught by a trainer. Potential for drama if one does manage to get caught. Alternatively, people from another world appear in Equestria and the party is tasked with finding a way to bring them home... or with just keeping him/her/it/them under control. I.E. the Hulk appears and they're tasked with keeping him from rampaging if possible.

EVERYPONY'S an Alicorn! Including the non-pony races (or not, as the Faust wills) And you are tasked with trying to figure out why this is the case.

Fanon attack! Equestria is being corrupted by the common ideas in the fandom. I think you guys can figure out the rest.

Flanderized Equestria! Equestria's heroes have become consumed by a defining trait of theirs. Twilight is caught up trying to read every book in the land and beyond, Rarity schemes to reach fame by any means possible, Applejack has become obsessed with selling apples to EVERYPONY, Pinkie has escaped the Fourth Wall and has gone who-knows-where, Rainbow trains ceaselessly, and Fluttershy is running herself ragged trying to keep them all from hurting themselves or anypony else. Furthermore, Celestia and Luna are unable to undo any of this and have thus tasked the party with finding an artifact that, with luck, will bring things back to normal.
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:54 pm

I've thought a bit about running a Warehouse 13 campaign. Group running around, finding stuff like the Alicorn Amulet and locking it away. I think there's already a couple of campaigns like that though, so I'm holding off on building a book of artifacts until such time. If someone else wants to run this before I can gather my bearing, go for it.
Other thoughts have included:
A game set in the time between Nightmare Moon's exile and the Thousand Sun Solstice
A Digimon campaign (because Digimon)
And a pirate campaign exploring the isles that lay outside of Equestria's reach.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Would the players be the pirates?
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Ramsus wrote:Would the players be the pirates?
Yes. Nautical explorers would probably be more apt, but it really just depends on player action.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Disgaea crossover - The PCs are sent to stop a demonic summoning ritual by an evil cult, threatening to use it to break the prisoners of Tartarus free. They arrive just in time to disrupt the ritual, causing it to summon something unexpected: Etna & Flonne, from the Netherworld. The PCs are now in quad-damned situation:

- The summoning ritual starts randomly summoning Disgaea monsters and characters around Equestria, causing general chaos. The PCs need to find a way to bring Etna & Flonne back to their world, as well as stop the random monster summonings.
- Due to her prinny squad being absent, the PCs are forced to stave off Etna's boredom and adhere to her childish whims, lest she decides to destroy a few continents for fun (she's level 3000, thanks to a few "handbook loopholes").
- Flonne, being the insane love freak that she is, isn't actually willing to leave Equestria, and due to her love of cute things, may be a menace/threat to anything that fits that description (in other words, almost everything).
- Laharl, the overlord Etna & Flonne work for, is VERY pissed (and hungry, due to lack of servant-cooked meals) that his vassals were summoned without his consent, and wants to know/beat up whoever is responsible.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 pm

lol, I've played in a Disgaea setting before. I played as a manticore that ate denim.

That'd be an interesting game assuming the GM let the players fool around a bit with races and stuff to come up with some interesting options.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:15 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:I heard something about a superhero campaign, which I think I'd find more interesting if I wasn't already playing a Green Lantern over in the Windigo campaign. Razz But in all seriousness, if that ever gets off the ground, lemme know. Even if there's no room or I decide I don't have time to play in it, I still want to watch it. Very Happy Maybe the Big Bad could be a pony who retcons EVERYTHING he/she doesn't like (not unlike DC these days LOL).

That would be mine, I believe, and it did. They're boarding a lead zeppelin currently. And I'm probably going to regret the decision to let them design the interior...

I doubt you'd get in without a PC Death (and maybe not even then) but you could certainly watch...

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Derpy hires you to find the mystical First Muffin and bring it to her. T'would have to be a fairly silly campaign... or not, if you think you can make it serious.

Xel, are you listening? How many Jokers does it take to pull this off? Hint hint.

Last edited by Grey Pen on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:36 am

No... I'm not doing that silly idea. I've got smooze plotline and junk already, and don't care for this Derpy mess...
Xel Unknown

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top