Post Your Campaign Ideas!

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Post Your Campaign Ideas!

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 am

*snerk* Derpy mess...

Heh heh. Maybe I'll run it... Shouldn't be too hard.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Grey Pen wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:I heard something about a superhero campaign, which I think I'd find more interesting if I wasn't already playing a Green Lantern over in the Windigo campaign. Razz But in all seriousness, if that ever gets off the ground, lemme know. Even if there's no room or I decide I don't have time to play in it, I still want to watch it. Very Happy Maybe the Big Bad could be a pony who retcons EVERYTHING he/she doesn't like (not unlike DC these days LOL).

That would be mine, I believe, and it did. They're boarding a lead zeppelin currently. And I'm probably going to regret the decision to let them design the interior...

I doubt you'd get in without a PC Death (and maybe not even then) but you could certainly watch...

Ah, I see it. The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts, huh? Better go give that a read. Very Happy

Grey Pen wrote:*snerk* Derpy mess...

Heh heh. Maybe I'll run it... Shouldn't be too hard.

If you do, let me know. I've been thinking about making an honest-to-goodness cat to play as, and a silly campaign seems like a good place to do that, no? Very Happy
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Mine's kind of rather not-thought out, but something I'd like to play once my number of games goes down a little. It's a Living Legends-type campaign, rather than a Pony one (Mostly because the character I have in mind is human). The concept is, "A group of unlikely heroes are brought together and go on an adventure. And I do mean unlikely- none of the party have combat training or anything and most of their abilities are just average every-day things."

I call it... MUNDANE MADE AWESOME.
But I'm in 10 games already and really should drop some of them so my grades go up ;-;

Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.

Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:44 pm

LoganAura wrote:Mine's kind of rather not-thought out, but something I'd like to play once my number of games goes down a little. It's a Living Legends-type campaign, rather than a Pony one (Mostly because the character I have in mind is human). The concept is, "A group of unlikely heroes are brought together and go on an adventure. And I do mean unlikely- none of the party have combat training or anything and most of their abilities are just average every-day things."

I call it... MUNDANE MADE AWESOME.
But I'm in 10 games already and really should drop some of them so my grades go up ;-;

Sounds intriguing. That being said, though, 10 games?! And here I thought I was bad, running three and playing in two... always a bigger fish, I guess. XD
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Ponysona, the PVP that hasn't started up yet, my pathfinder game: In Luna's Secret Service, Tatters, Kingdom Pony, Artic Advent, Classical Disruption, AoH2.0, T3, Fusion(might drop this one). And I'm DMing most of those. A lot of them are PbP though. Luckily, at least, since when Summer comes up I'm going to have to play mostly by PBP due to time constraints.

Another Idea: The Pony-ger games. Essentially a concept for a PVP campaign where a large group of ponies all individually wander around a huge arena and try to kill eachother off.

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:11 pm

I don't particularly care for that idea...

A) The Pony Tales/Living Legends system doesn't seem particularly well aimed at the concept, primarily due to the way combat works; LL encourages fast and simple combat, whereas a Hunger Games scenario encourages clever usage of ability and resources.

B) My Little Pony and Hunger Games are two flavors that mix rather poorly when I try and imagine it. MLP (now) is about the magic of friendship, whereas the Hunger Games is about the savage, survivalist nature of the human race.

Now, a Hunger Games scenario, with a different background flavor (like the Sanely Mad Tourney) might work a little better.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:21 am

I want to play in a space setting with magic. Not "space magic" or "tech that is like magic", I meant actual friggin magic. "How do we have air in our ships? Air mage or air mage enchanted objects." That sort of thing. I'd sorta like it not being pony related personally as then we have silly pony magic and then ships fly through space cuz... cuz. To be fair, I'm not sure the PT/LL systems would really be the right thing for that concept.

I also just want to play in a sandbox LL game (maybe with some more races thrown in, I rather like the 4th ed D&D races (aside from Deva which are a stupid replacement for Aasimar and Revenants) for example).
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:04 am

Eeehhh... IMO, the sciencey, techy, analyzed-magicy stuff is what makes Sci-Fi appealing. So, while it is a good idea, I'm not certain I would care to play in it personally.

Disclaimer: Not intended to cause "Science vs Magic" discussion. Start your own thread if you can't get that off the mind.0, such a conversation doesn't belong in this one.

That being said, I'd join an LL game in the Schlock Mercenary Universe in a heartbeat.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:53 am

Hey, Devas have a ton of potential if you do it right! For example, to explain my Deva characters magic items (joining in at level 7 with appropriate gear), he left them to himself in his will in his previous incarnation. He also found out that he was murdered and the killer was never caught, and so he's on the hunt for his own killer right now.
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:05 am

Hay! What if we had a simple dungeon-crawl type thing, a la Discord's Game...

... where you had NO IDEA what sort of character you were gonna end up using?

Is this merely insanity speaking? Or is there someone out there brave enough to face The Random Numbers God!?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:14 am

Grey Pen wrote:Hay! What if we had a simple dungeon-crawl type thing, a la Discord's Game...

... where you had NO IDEA what sort of character you were gonna end up using?

Is this merely insanity speaking? Or is there someone out there brave enough to face The Random Numbers God!?

Well, I have the Overseers challenge coming up... kind of like a dungeon crawl Razz

Though it would be great to have another one like Discord's Game. Doesn't take too much commitment for the people involved. Or if you made 'communal characters' Basically everyone can submit a character, then you roll for which one you get. They would be quirky characters with a predetermined personality. Since the RP wouldn't be too demanding, it would be kind of entertaining.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 am

No, it wouldn't be hard at all. Heck, if you make a decent encounter table, it'd practically run itself, entirely by the RNG.

To the point where it's tempting to make a dummy account just for this purpose.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:51 am

Most D&D tournaments are things like that, actually. You get pre-assigned characters, and need to play them out in a challenge module while maintaining their personalities as best as possible. The best are not-so-serious ones. My favourite one was everyone getting assigned different crippling psychological disorders (dissociative personality, phobia of rabbits, sadist, masochist, pacifist, and secretly-wants-party-to-fail) then being let loose in a heavily Monty Python-influenced world. You got points for certain victory conditions (like the sadist damaging a fellow party member, or the rabbit phobic on playing it up when their familiar is a bunny, the party-failer sabotaging them without them realizing it). Notably, these victory conditions were kept secret from the players, tallied for points to see who won at the end.

It is great fun if done right.
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Grey Pen wrote:No, it wouldn't be hard at all. Heck, if you make a decent encounter table, it'd practically run itself, entirely by the RNG.

To the point where it's tempting to make a dummy account just for this purpose.

4. Multiple accounts are strictly forbidden (This may be adjusted at a later date for roleplaying purposes). First offense is a minimum of a verbal warning and all extra accounts deleted. Second offense is a permanent ban.

If you made the RNG, then since it's /only/ for roleplay purposes it might be fine but just so everyone knows, try to only use your own account- not any dummy ones just for DMing one game.

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:04 pm

The RNG account (should you let me keep it, and I understand if you don't) would be for things relating to that campaign (whether the campaign itself, or other threads relating to it), primarily for organization's sake; everything else I do (Derp Quest, LXGC, Flaws, etc.) would be done with my normal account.

That's how I'm reading your post; is that correct?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm

I would like it if you kept the dummy account to that specific thread (OOC) and the game (IC), and use your own for other things. Just because it's one rules of the forums. Sorry about that Sad

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Okay! That'll work just fine.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm

You know, if you're running the game off an RNG and planning to play the game yourself, you could just let the players take turns at rolling for the RNG stuff. *shrug*
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Not quite RNG.

See, I can indeed generate most of it at random... but puzzles have to be designed, and monsters need a living mind behind them

So, while the idea stands, it'd have to be someone with (a little) experience to take turn.

That being said, if someone where to volunteer, I'd happily allow them to; PM me and we'll talk about it...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:37 am

Ooh, I'm a fan of puzzles. If I had more spare time, I'd help with puzzles. I'll have lots of spare time come March though Very Happy
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Madoka Magica. Lv 10 is... Interesting to say the least, but I have the idea, although it might not be perfect for the systm. If not Madoka itself, general Magical girl anime.

OR, using the Living Legends system, Murder Mysteries!

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Personally WOULD LOVE to join a game where you play a magical girl pony... Cause that'd be sweet! XD
Xel Unknown

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Am I the only one on this site that doesn't subscribe to anime #BigLebowski? Here are my ideas:
1. Pony Tales: War campaign. Players play as soldiers in the Equestrian army. Plausibly, one sits at a high ranking position to plan battles, the rest are much lower and fill different niches as they arise. The entirety of the campaign is large scale combat, with some RP fluff in between. COuld also be done in LL, but I like the idea of Ponies better.

2. Living Legends: two different concepts, same premise- Classic adventuring campaign with very limited Magic, or modern/futuristic campaign with No magic whatsoever. In the first the story would be familiar- group of adventurers, just no wizard, no clerics or druids(at least, not with their magical powers), just good old martial skill and cunning. In the second, story could be anything- espionage, military, business, small town shenanigans, whatever. Kind of brings me to this next idea...

3. PT/LL: Football (or any sport, really). Essentially one shots in which PCs are players on a team, or a full campaign could mimic a season. I have no idea how to make this one work, i'm just interested in seeing it.

All my other ideas revolve around the same story/universe that I'm running in The Sun Sets, just at different times, locations, events, etc.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Madoka's style is pretty good but, the tone itself is a bit too dark for ponies I'd think.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Bronymous wrote:Am I the only one on this site that doesn't subscribe to anime #BigLebowski?

Nope. Never heard of it.

Bronymous wrote:Here are my ideas:
1. Pony Tales: War campaign. Players play as soldiers in the Equestrian army. Plausibly, one sits at a high ranking position to plan battles, the rest are much lower and fill different niches as they arise. The entirety of the campaign is large scale combat, with some RP fluff in between. Could also be done in LL, but I like the idea of Ponies better.

If I get my Schlock Mercenary stuff done, that is almost exactly what I'd be doing.

Bronymous wrote:2. Living Legends: two different concepts, same premise- Classic adventuring campaign with very limited Magic, or modern/futuristic campaign with No magic whatsoever. In the first the story would be familiar- group of adventurers, just no wizard, no clerics or druids(at least, not with their magical powers), just good old martial skill and cunning. In the second, story could be anything- espionage, military, business, small town shenanigans, whatever. Kind of brings me to this next idea...

I would join the second one (futuristic) in a heart-beat; I have an A.I. character that I'm just itching to try out...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top