Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

+3
Colter Bolt
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently) - Page 3 Empty Re: Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Ooh, sentient artifact! I gotta remember that one, it'd be a good way to cover a party weakness with worrying about an OP DMNPC.
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently) - Page 3 Empty Re: Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Alternatively I could just have Derpy go with you.... mwahahaha.

</joke>
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Ah! So we're "Douglas Adam"ing this. I approve
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Well, this is still less annoying than facing a contextually insensitive magician.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Whiteeyes wrote:Well, this is still less annoying than facing a contextually insensitive magician.

Gimme a hint? Who would that be?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Well you're just going along and then for no reason something like this happens.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Note that EXP is entirely different from Harmony. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Whiteeyes: Oh. I thought you meant someone in particular.

Womf: That brings up an interesting point...

Harmony is not, in my campaigns, the same as it is in the Handbook. It could be considered "experience", except I have a different definition for that word too.

"Experience", or Harmony, or whatever you feel comfortable calling it, is anything that I feel causes the character to grow; either physically, mentally, spiritually, or even from a story-line perspective. Sitting around eating muffins isn't going to get you anywhere; As Mrs. Frizzle used to say, Take Chances, Make Mistakes, Get Messy! There is no one particular thing you can do to earn Harmony besides that.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 pm

No, I am referencing someone specific. Making random non sequitur clips appear is one of his powers. It's an abridged series.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Hmm, an interesting definition. Thisll be interesting to try out! Very Happy

So basically you're awarding us XP for good roleplaying XD
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Yes, I am very much a role-play monkey. This is because my RP roots lie in forum based free-form RPs, where if you had to roll a die to see if you succeeded or failed then it meant you sucked Razz

Although, admittedly, some very amusing results come about when you let the RNG handle things now and then.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Any xp for our teammate being a racist?
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

No... because (at least right now) it hasn't caused any real character growth.

Now granted, it does open up the possibilities... but right now it's more of an investment.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Not racist. Just not expecting a cat to talk and not used to general nouns for groups other than ponies.
I was debating having her run off crying, but it's a silly campaign and that doesn't really fit the bill.
[edit] Heheh, duck bill.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:02 pm

I love watching PC's bicker!

Sadly I always have to have some responsible NPC step in and break it up...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Grey Pen wrote:First off, make the text for G & PT bigger. LOTS bigger. Razz

You have failed to do this...

Also, making an update to Cursed Medals:

Still working on exact mechanics, but the idea is that a Cursed Medal can only be removed under certain conditions. It might have to be a certain time of day, or it might require an Arcana check, etcetera. This is primarily to prevent possible breakage, since a lot of those Flaws have multiple mechanisms attached that work independently of each other. (For instance, if you have a Derp Medal, and take it off in the afternoon, do you keep the magic point?)

EDIT: Not saying you CAN'T do that Womf... Derpy is just a bit paranoid, and therefore thinks it's a bad idea. You can choose to ignore her... we'll see what comes of it.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Text is now larger!
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:43 pm

@ Thundering Flute: EEEEEEWWW...

@ Whiteeyes: Not quite what I meant. But whatever.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Grey Pen wrote:

EDIT: Not saying you CAN'T do that Womf... Derpy is just a bit paranoid, and therefore thinks it's a bad idea. You can choose to ignore her... we'll see what comes of it.

No, Kogu has reason not to draw attention to himself, so it's a very valid point IC. OOC, it would make things a lot more convenient, but what's the fun of being a cat if I bypass all the problems that come with it? Razz
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Just trying not to seem like a railroader.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Just trying not to seem like a railroader.
hah. play on words.
I would've posted Falls being semi-confused about bag ruffling, but I don't want to overstep and make decisions about the world.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Yeah, that was a good one.

As for baggage, I'll clear it up; they do check the really big ones if it's someone they don't know. Kogu could get away in a smaller bag, or if the train people decided they could trust the one carrying it.

Hrm... it may be time for a Cursed Medal... I dunno.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:29 am

I wonder who's gonna make the "letting the cat out of the bag" joke when you get there.

Even if Kogu doesn't end up using Derpy's Paper Bag Mask...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Now, I'll remind you: What this means is that whoever's got the bag on effectively has the "Identity Issues" flaw (you'll have to go check the thread, my Copy/Paste is being an a-hole).

So you may want to go look.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Nted. +10 to check involving the convincing of people that my persona is real, but any acknowledgement of my falsity gives me a stackable -1 morale until I convince them otherwise. Does that carry on once the bag is taken off?
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next