Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

+3
Colter Bolt
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently) - Page 4 Empty Re: Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm

No, because the morale penalty (in this case) is associated with the fact that you've got a paper bag on your head.

Also, you read it a little wrong; At current (though this may change) it doesn't matter who you convince that you're real, the penalty goes down. This helps mitigate the -4 penalty you currently have, because Derpy, Falls, Grigok AND Flute all know that it's you, and it'd be very hard to change that.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently) - Page 4 Empty Re: Derp Quest: The First Muffin (OOC/Signup/Info) (No Spots Currently)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 pm

So wait, you're saying that if I convince one person the penalty vanishes completely? Just wanting to make sure I understand what you're saying here...
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 pm

No; For every one person who acknowledges you as fake, it goes up one (-1, then-2, then-3, and so on.) For every person who acknowledges you as real, it goes back down one (-4, then -3, then -2, etcetera) but it can't go past 0 this way (for now).
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Ohhhhh, okay.

...might want to see about clarifying that in the talent itself.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm

I'll do that. I intend to get those Google Docified tonight, so I can edit it then.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Note.

Should you go to your respective homes, you MIGHT have some useful stuff there... if so, you'll decide what, the RNG will determine how much, and I'll determine what it means mechanically.

General ballpark: 250 - 750 bits worth. Yes, some of those will be Utility Items. Heck, you might even score a Cursed Medal, mwahaha.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 am

Kogu is kinda a kitty hobo, so he's good.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Sigh... fine... I'll update here in a little bit.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:01 am

Okay. It is becoming increasingly clear to me that Whiteeyes is having Real Life troubles. Which is fine, but it does present a slight problem.

Sooo, I'm going to keep Thundering Flute in the background as much as possible, as I have very little idea as to how she's played. If Whiteeyes hasn't come back by the time Curinir's character is introduced, he's just gonna have to be dropped out.

How long that takes depends on how many side quests I can put in the way, how many you end up taking, and how prolific you end up being with your posts...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Grey Pen wrote:At the mention of Kogu's name, several ponies stop and stare a bit, but nothing seems to come of it. One in particular, however, suddenly seems a bit uncomfortable...

((Read as: I've been rolling Persuasion/Perception checks for a while now, because I don't want to wait on Womf to do so.))

Did I manage to miss a request for Persuasion checks? If so, sorry. XP If not and you just wanted things to move along, that's fine, but I'd like to know how high "I" rolled.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am

I never asked; Just trying to keep things moving. But, I'll keep you updated on Persuasion checks. I'll let you know when you lose one... probably Twisted Evil

First three checks for walking through town. I forget what you rolled, but you won all of them.

Fourth check against the train directer. You rolled an 18 +10 Paper Bag -1 morale = 27.

Latest check against the ponies on the train (which I would've skipped had Falls not goofed.) Rolled a 14 + 10 = 24.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 pm

DC's probably 25ish, then. 27 beats it, 24 just barely falls short, thus explaining the one person noticing. /guessing
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Not quite. The uncomfy one got a Nat. 20.

I saw that and I was like, "WTB?!"
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Latest check against the ponies on the train (which I would've skipped had Falls not goofed.)
:scrunchyface:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:33 pm

Kal: Scrunchy Face doesn't cover it.

Neither does Face Palm/Hoof.

Kogu's Reaction:

EDIT: Do we need a time-skip?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Re: Timeskip. Not sure. The conversation between the actives is pretty much finalized, and I don't want to get into a conversation with Flute and risk having you transfer control mid-conversation. So it really depends on whether we're still keeping Flute around but in the background for a while. If yes, then I'd say timeskip. If not... wait, hold on. It doesn't matter. If we keep Flute around, timeskip works. If Flute gets phased out, we still timeskip anyway. Derp!

tl;dr I vote timeskip.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Okay. I'll do that right after I make lunch. Be ready to make some Streetsmarts checks; I presume you'll be going to the Bank to drop off your paycheck, but IDK.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:06 am

As Grigok said earlier in the campaign, he stumbled upon Ponyville around the time of the great dragon migration. Assuming that the episodes go in chronological order, all the Mysterious Mare do Well stuff happened long before the migration.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4