Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

+11
Stargaze
Quietkal
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Waschbaer
Azureink
Grey Pen The Flawed
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Curunir
15 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

Post  Azureink Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Ramsus wrote:I still think it's weird you're making an adult pony without a cutie mark though.
Oh he has a Cutie Mark, it just doesn't do anything mechanically for him. Or you can think of Naturally Skilled as a talent he is really good at (i.e. his special talent/cutie mark).

Last edited by Azureink on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

Post  Curunir Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Azureink, Waschbaer, you can most certainly join!

In terms of the race creation, I maintain that the races will have 6 creation points to use until it is officially updated, at which point I will allow all the players to update their racial abilities. Since the default races haven't been updated yet, I think it would be easier to keep everyone on the same page for now (especially the newer players, including myself as I was not aware of these pending changes)

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Curunir wrote:Azureink, Waschbaer, you can most certainly join!

In terms of the race creation, I maintain that the races will have 6 creation points to use until it is officially updated, at which point I will allow all the players to update their racial abilities. Since the default races haven't been updated yet, I think it would be easier to keep everyone on the same page for now (especially the newer players, including myself as I was not aware of these pending changes)

Ok, I shall remove 2 points from my racials (Heart of Courage). Also Sleipnir has two i's.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Oops, sorry! Fixed that.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Curunir wrote:Oops, sorry! Fixed that.
No problem. Glad to be a player.

EDIT - And I have finished helping Waschbaer with his character creation. He should be posting it up soon.

Last edited by Azureink on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Curunir wrote:Azureink, Waschbaer, you can most certainly join!

Great! Many thanks to Azureink. I submit Book Smart, the Changeling:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y5_qoeNlteucpqGFZxOb8xfw2Mp_rx7HSSlR9DeYc8c/edit

I don't think there are any major problems, but I'll admit that I may well have missed something. Let me know if there are any issues; I'm certainly flexible!

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 pm

I shall help you make the document easier to read.

EDIT - And done.

EDIT2 - I think Book Smart is a strange name for a changeling in The Steppes. Must come from the outside.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Azureink wrote:I shall help you make the document easier to read.

EDIT - And done.

EDIT2 - I think Book Smart is a strange name for a changeling in The Steppes. Must come from the outside.

I really appreciate it!

Maybe he was exiled? I see it as the sort of name someone else might have given him, as it's adjective-based.

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Wait so.... you're punishing us because Dan and co. are slow to update? Seriously, that really limits my ability to create an interesting character. =(

Edit: Wait a second..... so you're ok with us using clearly not balanced stuff like the Flaws but not using the 8 racial points everyone else who's using GE is? What?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Ramsus wrote:Wait so.... you're punishing us because Dan and co. are slow to update? Seriously, that really limits my ability to create an interesting character. =(
Well I wouldn't worry too much. Remember, we are also at 500 out of 3000 gold. So overall we are going to be challenged, but not gimped, by any of these campaign specific changes. I have more than enough to be awesome in this game.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:28 pm

I don't really care about items since they only influence combat, I care a lot more about racial points which influence the part of the game I enjoy the most.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:43 pm

If I may put forth Zane, the Zebra, friend to buffalo and cow.
Haven't made a combat for him, figured I'd see if Zebra's are allow...ed.
...I'm still working on the rhyming.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 pm

I will (hopefully) have a Google Docs version up within 24 hours.

Until then, here's a text version of my Caprine Shaman!

Meet Cau'rha!:

I would also like to help with the creative work around Caprine culture; I raise dairy goats for a living, and feel unusually creative regarding them right now...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:46 pm

I think I'll be making some kind of archer, if I can figure out enough interesting ways to get arrows types (already looking at Fireborn and Frostborn, ruled out the changeling goo stuff as it'd take quite a bit of re-working it to make it usuable the way I'd intend it to).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stargaze Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 pm

To my knowledge, the 8 point thing isn't official yet. Therefore, whether or not to implement it is up to the DM. I don't think it's about punishing anyone. It's a DM's decision to employ or not employ beta test material.
Stargaze
Stargaze
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Idea for a few sets of 6 point racials for you guys.

flight (1), Naturally SKilled (Nightwatch), Cutiemark, Echolocation. Batpony.

Clever Tail, breathe underwater, Alter ego, Cutie mark, Cultural Knowledge. Seapony.

Flight 1, thousand Masks, ponykinesis (naturally skilled-> Just in case)- Changeling.

I'd offer to play one, but I'm in too many games as is. Just thought I'd drop a couple ideas in.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 pm

It's "not official" in the way that we've known for months (practically since right after it came out) it's going to be changed to 8 points whenever Dan & co. next update it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Added combat stuff to Zane;
Rolling dice appears his bane;
I'll get to work on his mane.

[edit] Generated a picture with pony creator. I think I owe General Zoi my soul a couple times over by now.

Last edited by Quietkal on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stargaze Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Living Legends Characters
Living Legends races get 5 points to spend on racial traits. This is because all Living Legends characters get a free Expert Skill at character creation.

Pony Tales Characters
Pony Tales characters get 6 points to spend on racial traits, as gaining a Cutie Mark (which functions identically to an Expert Skill in Living Legends) is not guaranteed.

This is how it's stated in the book. As I see it, the 8 point build is optional, at DM discretion, until it changes on e-paper.
Stargaze
Stargaze
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 pm

To clarify, here's what's going on.

1) We've made a decision to change the system from the current 5 and 6 point versions to a uniform 8 point system.

2) However, amongst all our projects we haven't found time to actually sit down and work out new sample races under the 8 point system (like listing off what an earth pony is and what a pegasus is when they have 8 points). For example, right now we're working on a long-overdue trait rebalancing and expansion, and that's been waiting a lot longer than genetic engineering.

3) DMs can tweak the system however they like and allow whatever they like.

So... If the DM wants to go with the current point balance, that's fine. If they want to let players do 8 points, or even 10 points - that's completely up to them. Just heads up that we're planning to change things to 8 points when we get time. Btw, if people want to submit templates using the 8 point system for the pony races - feel free.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:16 am

Anemone Gracehoof

I still need to work on a description and a combat build and I'm hoping with Dan's statement we'll be changing to 8 points.
I'm hoping I'll be allowed to use Gotcha! to make checks to physically restrain creatures at range.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:28 am

Ok, can we at least agree that Waschbaer should have Book Smarts take I Meant To Do That instead of Gather Energy? Taking Critfisher without IMTDT requires a very good reason not to be a bad call (especially when you start considering combat traits).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stargaze Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:42 am

Rasmus? May I suggest you work on your own character and let others make theirs how they like? I don't see anyone pushing you to change yours. I'm sure you might be a little offended if someone told you to take something for your character or have a good reason why you didn't. As for the ruling on Genetic Engineering, let me point out number three in Dan's post.

Stargaze
Stargaze
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 am

Stargaze wrote:Rasmus? May I suggest you work on your own character and let others make theirs how they like? I don't see anyone pushing you to change yours. I'm sure you might be a little offended if someone told you to take something for your character or have a good reason why you didn't. As for the ruling on Genetic Engineering, let me point out number three in Dan's post.

Ramsus doesn't mean offense, he's just a little forceful with things.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:08 am

It's not forceful at all, it's just advice. For the record, I don't mind people having opinions on stuff I do. I encourage party's trying to work together on things. I'll note your opinion that you don't want advice and are horribly offended by me giving some to someone who wasn't you (note that I don't care about your opinion though since you weren't involved). What I do find offensive is people telling me when I'm allowed to have opinions though.

Oh, and if you want an actual reason for why I don't leave others to theirselves, it's because we're a party, not a group of solo characters and I think a minor amount of listening to someone else's opinion in exchange for getting good advice and ending up having more fun is worth any horribly agonizing soul wrenching pain involved.

Edit: Stargaze, are you even joining this game? Do you have anything to say that isn't stirring up drama or generally being rude to people? If not, please stop posting here as your opinions don't matter and it comes close to trolling. If you are, why don't you work on your character instead of being rude?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next