Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

+6
Z2
Doc pseudopolis
Cardbo
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
10 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open) - Page 39 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 05, 2013 7:56 am

Also... I love the fact that Boomer seemingly throws a bomb (in reality just a sparking dud) at the new-guy... AND NOBODY REACTS...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open) - Page 39 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

Post  Zarhon Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 am

Well your dud bomb probably didn't even look like one (if it failed epically, as Tyger said), or we don't have enough knowledge on small bombs to be able to tell. Or everyone assumes you are joking/being plain stupid about the whole matter and dismissing it (you'd be in quite a bit of trouble otherwise).

If it would make you feel any better, Tortoise could always punch you.

Browncoat-wise: Someone with the element of magic could try using "True Sight" (it doesn't need a magic point to use anymore) to get a proper look at the "true" Browncoat. Very Happy

Edit:

Wait, I thought we didn't yet know if there was a treatment for the disease available (rather than just needing someone who knows how to do it). When'd Torque learn there was? Or is he just assuming it?

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 07, 2013 1:46 pm

I doubt I told him anything that wasn't just mentioned now. He really had no reason to be waiting unless he knew we went in beforehand (half of us were elsewhere, while the other half were underwater/teleported and impossible to track), and it seems too risky/stupid of him to expect us not to have accidentally messed with the 'abomination', dooming us all (for all he knows, we're just a bunch of marine-property-trashing vandals). And our questioning just now already revealed we didn't know most of Ren'Kin's details.

Unless you mean the verbose exposition Torque gave him that detailed almost everything in the tomb, that is, which he appears to know about anyway.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue May 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Couple relevant things, in case they were missed the first time around.
At the moment he is an earth pony but you are sure if he wanted to he could become whatever he wants to be and you can tell that he is not a changeling.
You remember reading about treatments for similar diseases but not of a cure. The treatments that you read about tended to work by weakening the body in order to stop it from destroying itself.

edit: Tyger, do I have to roll Stealth to move over to 62's desk without waking anyone up?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 08, 2013 8:06 am

Tyger, do I have to roll Stealth to move over to 62's desk without waking anyone up?

Probably not, unless Aproc decides to shout an alarm to try have you captured, gaining him credit for his boss and a valid method of getting the rest of us where he wants us to.

But he wouldn't do that. Very Happy

"Anyway, since I'm here, could I ask you to check the records to see if the Marine base here has any money in the bank? Not necessarily the individual Marines, mind you, I mean like their weapons budget or something like that."

I'm starting to see a theme in Torques motivations here...

Also, Tyg, you called RenKin as "RedKin". Intentional?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed May 08, 2013 11:47 am

Zarhon wrote:I'm starting to see a theme in Torques motivations here...

1. We need to do something flashy on this island so that 62 here becomes a hardened criminal and won't be chased by the Brokers anymore.
2. I'm not going to take some poor Marine's life savings, or steal from the citizenry. I'm against the institution of the WG, which is why I'm going for the weapons budget only.
3. ...Armor plating and propulsion systems don't grow on trees.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 pm

Boomer totally supports these actions! More Money: BIGGER BOMBS!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Zarhon wrote:I'm starting to see a theme in Torques motivations here...

1. We need to do something flashy on this island so that 62 here becomes a hardened criminal and won't be chased by the Brokers anymore.
2. I'm not going to take some poor Marine's life savings, or steal from the citizenry. I'm against the institution of the WG, which is why I'm going for the weapons budget only.
3. ...Armor plating and propulsion systems don't grow on trees.

1. Bounty-increasing wise, yeah, that makes sense... You want to dissuade money-motivated criminals from extorting money from 62 (who they can assume is broke now, since they burned all his belongings), by having him come into possession of a large sum of money?

2. Yeah, I assumed that. I still find it hilarious that Torque is pretty much the only one showing a consistent interest in obtaining money (which makes a fun contrast with Shallow / the rest of the group / the entire One Piece mentality of being a "pirate" )

3. Actually... (not quite metallic armor/propulsion systems, but certainly ship-building materials!) Very Happy

Last edited by Zarhon on Wed May 08, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed May 08, 2013 3:18 pm

We are the pirates who don't do anything
We just stay at home and lie around...

But yeah. Konorad would approve. Especially considering what he is planning. It's time we got into some more serious trouble Twisted Evil
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Actually, I think I though of another plan that can work parallel with your money theft... Remember the "heavily defended" ship that the Marines have in the base?

If I were to guess, that ship is probably made of some pretty expensive or high-quality materials, and possibly has high-tech ship equipment, which may include armor plating and propulsion systems. Of course, the ship is currently using those, but that's easy to fix - a few holes here and there, a short underwater salvage operation, a bit of scuttling, some good-old ship theft, or gratuitous application of crowbars and welding torches, and we can likely re-purpose its rarer materials for use on the Rose Lens...

In the process, we'd also rob the Marines of a ship to chase us with, and piss off WG a lot more than by simple money theft (losing physical assets like a ship costs them time/money, both that invested in its make, and required for fixing/regaining it). Very Happy

Another note: Weaponry such as swords, guns, ammunition, cannons, cannonballs and such, are also good source of metals that can be re-purposed, and the ship might be packed with them (or we can stuff it full of them from the base).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed May 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Y'know what would really piss them off?

We have Konorad replace the captain of said ship. The rest of you can be "prisoners" important ponies of some kind that we're taking to wherever. We wouldn't have to even do anything; they'd sail the ship out for us. A few days out, we'd just quietly start ghosting crew members whenever convenient. Shallow and Torque between them could probably come up with some spookies to let the superstitions abound, and 62 could cover our trail to keep the WG from noticing us whilst we do all that. Then, after a while, we explain that there's a changeling in their midst, and HE'S responsible for all these disappearances and ghostly voices, and the Captain wants him found, dammit! We'd have them all killing each other, every one thinking their best friend is a changeling, until there's few enough left to just shoot them and be done with. All we'd have to do is stay out of the way.

And then we sail their big old battle ship into port, re-purposed to piracy as the new Rose Lens. And we'll brag at all the bars about the epic sea battle it took to snag it, and how bad-ass we are, and nopony will even know the difference.

I am a changeling. I was bred, born, and raised for one purpose: Capture, Impersonate, and Kill. Please let me do so sometime.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed May 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Man, look at all this dialogue I'm missing! Very Happy

*:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Huh, for some reason, I thought the "device" Brown needs was on this islands base, not the Marinefold HQ. That complicates things. And puts us on a rather frantic timed mission, unless Brown has a method of bypassing 99% of the defenses straight off the bat.

@ Kon: That would be far too bloody/evil a tactic for Shallow to agree with, since it involves killing, or goading them into killing each other. KOing them or simply overpowering them would be okay, though I don't see how they'd be kept concealed/imprisoned properly.

And I doubt changelings are "bred to kill", so much as manipulate others emotions.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed May 08, 2013 8:18 pm

...I don't think we're going to Marine HQ anytime soon. We are literally headed in the opposite direction (to get on the Grand Line, we have to go to a mountain on the opposite end of the world). And basically any attempt to get in there would be facing "Battle of Marineford" levels of power, while we are level 1.

Besides, I never quite heard the blob is necessarily in danger of "going nuclear", not in terms of a time limit, anyway. Granted, if shit goes bad, it'll be leaving a huge crater at wherever the tomb's location is, but nobody's been down there in 300 years. In short, this is a "long-term" goal, and can be placed on the backburner for now.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed May 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Makeing this into a long term goal is more or less what I have been planning,
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu May 09, 2013 5:27 pm

...*pokes ProcrastinatingWriter*.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Lyntermas wrote:...*pokes ProcrastinatingWriter*.

Refer to Grey's signature. Razz

On a silly note - neither Shallow, Kon, nor Boomer reacted in any way whatsoever to Torque vanishing into thin air. Very Happy

In any case, I think Team Brownie is waiting for Torque to return (or if he takes too long, assuming he's in trouble).

How many times did we split the party by now? Three? Four?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Wait when in all this dialogue did we advance to the next day what did I miss
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu May 09, 2013 6:48 pm

never same day just evening.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Then I am at the barracks

Sleeping until the morning

Seriously this is the second time I've been accused of procrastinating when in reality I've just been waiting on other people to finish up their stuff
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu May 09, 2013 7:10 pm

then torque has just woken you up ok?

Side note you can make an endurance roll to resist.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Ohhhh...fine.

*grouches*
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri May 10, 2013 12:54 am

I get the distinct feeling that 62's rest will be rudely interrupted when the barracks gets demolished by mysterious forces.

Unless we decide to go to sleep, that is. Very Happy

Edit: Made a typo there, Aproc. And the wrong color. Razz
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun May 12, 2013 10:11 pm

...So, Xel, does Boomer have a response to Torque, or can Tyger go ahead and post the results of my Perception Nat 20?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun May 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Zarhon wrote:I get the distinct feeling that 62's rest will be rudely interrupted when the barracks gets demolished by mysterious forces.

Unless we decide to go to sleep, that is. Very Happy

Edit: Made a typo there, Aproc. And the wrong color. Razz

Wow, didn't notice this until just now. Going to fix!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next