Grand Line Adventures IC

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 am

"I hate guns... Their little metal projectials are such a pain to get out." Boomer mutters as she quickly fix herself up from both the fall she had been though and the bullet-damage done to her right now.

standard action:
[+2] Self-Repair (Survival Skills) - Standard Utility*
You regain 1d12 hp.

1d12 => 12 heal (crit!)

d12: Remove any number of (save ends) conditions from yourself and you gain 2d8 hp.

2D8 => [ 5 +5 ] = 10 heal

Total healing: 22 + 9 = 30 HP

Next a minor yet powerful sounding boom happened form within Boomer's chest. "At least that worked as it should... Was a bit worried..."

(item) free action:
[0] Superpower BOOM! (Bloody Ritual) - Free Utility [10/1 Battle]
Choose one of the following;
A) Pay 2 hp. If you do, immediately gain 1 pip
B) Pay 4 hp. If you do, immediately gain 2 pips

C) Pay 6 hp. If you do, immediately gain 3 pips

HP: 24

And what followed this was a transformation of the Robotic Golem's from it's big bulky semi-organic looking body into a 20% smaller and a good deal of 2000% cooler battle robot form.... "COMBAT MODE SHIFT!" The Cyborg declared looking ready for battle now.

minor action:
[-9] Combat Mode Shift (Wild Abandon) - Minor Utility*
For the rest of the battle you may deal +3d6 damage on one single-target attack each round and you suffer Vulnerability 4.
stats:
HP: 24
Pips: 0
Condition: Combat Mode (Wild Abandon)
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:36 am

Shallow retaliates against the marines that struck him, running over to the group, gathering up a ball dirt onto his hooves, and using it to deliver a few swift, hard-hitting punches at a trio of marines, followed by hurling his jar of dirt onto a fourth, then catching it again on the rebound.
"Dat was for shootin' me bruddah's! And dere' be more ta' come if yah keep at it!"

Invigorated by the battle, Shallow barely notices the voice from his jar. He taps it a few times, then nods, addressing the marines:
"Yah' truly chose a bad day ta' choose ta' fight. Yah' may have us visibly outnumbered..."

He then retreats to a patch of dirt and jumps in. A moment later, he exits, now covered in dirt to such a degree that it not only offered him fully-body protection, but also giving him a frame and silhouette indistinguishable from a full-grown buffalo chieftan.
"...but I've got more friends of mighty spirit, more den' yah' can see!"

Standard Action:
[+1] Demand Duel, targeting marines -> 1d8 -> 4 damage + Demand Duel effect for marine's next turn

[+1] Demand Duel - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature. If that creature damages one of your allies on its next turn, that creature suffers 1d8 damage.
Minor Action:
[-7] Granite Axe – Minor Utility
You conjure a Granite Axe in your hands. You can dismiss the Granite Axe as a free action. While you are wielding a Granite Axe, you cannot use your other combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

Stone Skin - Trait
You have resist 1. If you already have resistance, increase that resistance by 1.

[+3] Earth’s Embrace – Standard Attack
Target creature takes 3 damage and you gain resist 2 until the end of your next turn.

[+1] Strength of Stone – Standard Attack
Deal 1d8+X damage to target creature, where X is the number of temporary hit points you have.

[-1] Stone Strike – Standard Attack
Roll 2d4. Deal that much damage to target creature and you gain that many temporary hit points.

[-2] Grasping Granite - Reaction Attack
Trigger - An enemy deals damage to an ally,
Effect - Deal 2d8 damage to the triggering enemy and that enemy is weakened (save ends).

[-4] Earthquake - Standard Attack
Deal 2d10 damage to up to six enemies. Those creatures cannot attack your allies until the end of your next turn. The Granite Axe vanishes.
Status:
HP = 20
+ 1 Resist
Pips = 6 + 1 - 7 = 0
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Torque winced as the bullets hit him. Granted, Shallow's rock walls lessened some of the damage, and his healing jacket would make it a little better (he was VERY glad he had kept that invention), but still it stung. Still, Zenith and Shallow seemed to have taken the worst of it. "I hate to imagine what they would have done if they weren't half blind," he muttered.

Torque considered his options. He wanted to set up his passive forcefield in an attempt to gather his magic to power an invention that would be useful to use against the Officer. However, the charging worked best if the forcefield wasn't penetrated, and given the volley earlier, there was a high chance that it would be.

He then noticed that the Marines were still clumped together, and they were still mostly dazed from the flare. "Well, if it ain't broke..." Fewer Marines meant fewer shots at him and his friends. He charged up the Tesla Coil again and sent the lightning into the crowd of Marines.

The results...exceeded expectations. A great surge of lightning arced throughout the entire crowd, and soon all of the remaining Marines fell to the ground unconscious. All that remained was the officer.

Combat Talent:
[+1] Tesla Coil (Noxious Mixture) - Standard Attack
Deal 2d4 damage to target creature. If the creature is suffering from a (save
ends) condition, deal 1d12 damage to the creature instead.

Target: 8 Marines
Damage: (1d12) => Nat 12

Stats:
Health: 24 + 3 (Lifebound Armor) = 27
Pips: 5 + 1 = 6
Status: Regen 3 (Permanent), rather surprised.

Torque felt he could quickly throw a Flash Bomb at the Officer, but then he looked at the Officer's face. He seemed...resigned. All of his troops had fallen down before him, his base had collapsed behind him, and now he was facing a fight that he knew he could not win. He then caught a glimpse of one of the "fallen" Marines moving while still lying on the ground. THIS Marine, however, had a distinctive gun that Torque recognized as Konorad's "Boomstick", and he was aiming it directly at the Officer.

No. This was NOT how Torque wanted to be remembered. He may be a pirate now, but he could hope to not be a monster. "Konorad, hold your fire! Everyone, hold your fire!" he yelled. Then he put his Tesla Coil away and took a few steps toward the last remaining foe.

"Officer, you must know that this battle is already over. Your men would not be aided by you going into a hopeless fight. Your troops are merely unconscious, but they will require medical attention. We do not want your lives, merely your ship and some provisions. If you accept surrender and tell your subordinates to do us no harm, my friend Shallow here can help try and rescue some ponies from the debris while we get our ship supplied, and then we will be on our way with no further harm to you or yours. Do you accept our terms?"


Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : War! Huh! Yeah! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing. Say it again!)
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:34 pm

"Konorad, hold your fire! Everyone, hold your fire!"

Drat. So much for blowing cover; there was a graze wound on my shoulder that was starting to itch.

"Officer, you must know that this battle is already over. Your men would not be aided by you going into a hopeless fight. Your troops are merely unconscious, but they will require medical attention. We do not want your lives, merely your ship and some provisions. If you accept surrender and tell your subordinates to do us no harm, my friend Shallow here can help try and rescue some ponies from the debris while we get our ship supplied, and then we will be on our way with no further harm to you or yours. Do you accept our terms?"

"If not," I said, slowly standing up, leveling my Boomstick. "Then I blow your feet out from under you, you get to say, in all honesty, that you got utterly annihilated. You get an honorable discharge, a life long pension, the works. Your pick."
avatar
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 23
Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:17 pm

The officer thinks for a few moments mentally preparing his response. “I may only speak for myself and not for my superiors and even then solely hypothetically as officially I am not allowed to offer or accept any conditions other than unconditional surrender. But if a group of pirates were to incapacitate a marine such as myself and then steal a ship well then very little to nothing could come of it. Also if a self admitted pirate were to turn around and aid in the destruction of a base that they caused then there would be Courts-Martial all around and those are never forgiving. Then again this is all hypothetical and I am not giving you advice at all... Please don't shoot me though.”
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:20 pm

"Is dat so? Well, in dat' case... Hypothetically, you should move a few feet ta' yah' right. Yes, a bit furtha'... Okay pon, now just stand still!"

Howling Chains:

Howling Chains - 3/Day
Preparation Time: 10 secs

Blood Red chains spring forth and constrict one helpless creature you can see. While imprisoned by the Howling Chains, that creature is hopelessly restrained and unable to phase step, teleport or magically move in any way. It takes an athletics or acrobatics check with a DC of 40 to escape from the chains. The chain will dissipate after two hours and you may dismiss the spell at any time.

Shallow sunk into the ground, much to the befuddlement of the officer. A few moments later, the officer feels something tugging his hooves, before finding himself pulled down by all fours into the ground, ending buried up to the neck, leaving only his head exposed.

"I hope yah' won't mind yah' uniform gettin' dirty. Yah' probably won't be dere for long... Well, not unless dere' be some ill will between yah' and yah' men. Consider dis' a test of how much yah' squad cares about yah', hahah! In any case, us grinning pirates be taking our leave of yah' lovely island. Good luck wit' yah' days!"

As Shallow went on to check out the ship, he suddenly stopped in realization and trotted back to the unfortunate officer. He pulled out the dirt containing the buffalo spirit remains, poured it into a small bottle, then placed it near the officer.

"Almost forgot about dis! Could yah be a pal, and do for me a small favah'? Could yah' bring dis' dirt to da' local graveyard, were' da buffalo lie silent? Not for mah' sake, of course, but for dat' of da' departed?"

Shallow then proceeded to look at whatever ships remained, as well as the supplies and goods there were in the dock, hoping to find anything that might be useful to bring along for a sea expedition.

Perception:

5 + 6 + 3 = 14


avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:47 pm

"Okay then," I sighed, sliding my Boomstick back into it's harness as the officer suddenly sank into the ground. Stupid Devil Fruit stole my fun.

"All of you go see about supplies, will ya? I'm gonna see what kind of ship we've inherited," I said not too loudly, taking a few minutes to examine our prize...

Perception:

Well, what kind of ship is it? Can it be a Chineighse type ship? Please?

Also, how big is it? What kinds of weaponry is there? What condition is it in? How fast could it conceivably go? Where's the steering thingy? And what stuff is already loaded that we need not worry about?

In that order, if I don't have time to see all of it.

Result: 1D20 (16) + Horse Sense (8) + Eagle Eye (+3) = 27
avatar
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 23
Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 pm

"Hmm, the command here would get courts-martial if we assisted, huh? Let's see: courts-martial means lots of paperwork and documentation, which would mean more recognition for us and materials spent because of us, which means higher bounties for all of us. Works for me." Torque looked around to see Shallow investigating the sloop for supplies. "Shallow, once you've found some supplies at the docks, go check out the parts of the base that have been submerged underground. The captain and I can quickly move the stuff over at the docks. You might find more supplies there, and if you can make tunnels to the surface for any Marines trapped, the higher-ups will get in trouble, which means higher bounties for us!"

Torque then walked over to where Zenith. "Well, that was dealt with quickly. Soon, we'll have the schooner resupplied and be ready to cast off. Oh, and Captain, if you think of what name to call our crew, please inform the Officer." Torque pointed over to the Officer's head which was sticking up from the ground.

Torque then walked over to the robotic mare. Part of him wondered where she had come from, but he wasn't sure if Zenith's memory wipe was reversible (or how she would react if she figured out that she was manipulated. "Hello, there. Thank you for being willing to assist us earlier. I am Torque Szarnowski, inventor extraordinaire. What's your name?"
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Shallow then proceeded to look at whatever ships remained, as well as the supplies and goods there were in the dock, hoping to find anything that might be useful to bring along for a sea expedition.

Perception:

5 + 6 + 3 = 14
You can see that the sloop seems rather low in the water. Around the dock there are various piles of rope and an assortment of barrels. You guess that the barrels that are not empty contain things such as provisions and water.
Grey Pen wrote:

Perception:

Well, what kind of ship is it? Can it be a Chineighse type ship? Please?

Also, how big is it? What kinds of weaponry is there? What condition is it in? How fast could it conceivably go? Where's the steering thingy? And what stuff is already loaded that we need not worry about?

In that order, if I don't have time to see all of it.

Result: 1D20 (16) + Horse Sense (Cool + Eagle Eye (+3) = 27
The ship appears to a schooner be of West Blue make. You think that about four or five at least would be needed to crew it but that it could hold about thirty in relative comfort. There are no weapons on board. The hull seems fair just some wear and tear. You guess that it should be able to go as fast as eleven knots in perfect conditions. The ship's wheel is on the poop deck.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:35 pm

"Nice junk," I said quietly, admiring the Western style of the ship as I quick shifted into a more stealthy appearance. Heh heh, junk.

"Have we found anything resembling supplies? Because we need to start loading stuff up," I shouted at my compatriots. "Oh! And see if you can't find a bottle of wine to christen her with later," I added as I went below decks to see what was down there...

Perception:

Searching below, making sure there's nothing important or frightening down there.

Result: 1D20 (10) + Horse Sense (8) + Eagle Eye (3) = 21


Last edited by Grey Pen on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought of something useful to do.)
avatar
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 23
Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:59 pm

"Wait what?" Boomer said as her form shifted back to normal as it dawned on her that combat was over. "Somepony care to tell me what's goin' on?"
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 am

Xel Unknown wrote:"Wait what?" Boomer said as her form shifted back to normal as it dawned on her that combat was over. "Somepony care to tell me what's goin' on?"

Torque watched as the robotic mare switched back to her original form, with a somewhat confused and slightly peeved expression. "You were really ready to use that "Combat Mode" of yours, weren't you? My apologies, but the Marines went down MUCH faster than I had anticipated, and the officer...well, Shallow's speech had enough of an effect that he didn't seem keen to attack us if he didn't have to, so I offered to allow him to be..."incapacitated" instead."

"As I said, I'm Torque. The unicorn that...woke you up is our captain, Zenith Gearspin. The zebra who can move dirt is Shallow Vibes, and the changeling is called Konorad. As for what's going on, well, long story short, we're in a sort of race, with the prize being getting to join the crew of the legendary Starmane. Talon, the Star Mane Pirates' sniper, said that whoever gets to a place called "Sabaody" with the highest bounty is the winner, and then she told us that these Marines had a few ships we could use. Two big pirate crews got here before us. One of them was led by a pink filly in a large coat, who managed to get away with a gigantic battleship. The other was led by a grey mare who had a Devil Fruit that allowed her to change into a large rabbit. My friends and I decided that to get a higher bounty, we had to make a large impression. Which led to that," Torque pointed at the burning wreckage of the red dragon glider. "And that." He pointed at the base that had sunk into the hill. "And that." He pointed at the 20 Marines who now lay unconscious near the docks.

"So, now that you've heard our side, please, tell me more about yourself. You managed to survive quite a fall, not to mention that you seem to be a masterpiece of bio-mechanical integration. The things I could learn..." Torque shook his head. "Sorry, I tend to get carried away when I see interesting new tech. Although, I can tell that whatever gave you that boost in order to get into "Combat Mode" did some damage to your chassis. I can try and fix it, if you like."
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:13 am

"Yes... Using it so quickly is the only way to best get use out of it... And it's... Kinda painful to do so because I gotta use my Power-Bomb core. Also it uses a bit of power to use. So It just feels like I got cheated... A little" Boomer said and smiles kindly to Torque as he looked over her, it was something she wasn't used to. It felt nice for the Mare's self-image to be lusted after like that. "Yeah... I could use some touch up... But it's nothing major... Trust me my self-repair systems will deal with it if given time. Besides, while I do like how you look at me. I don't have any reason to trust you after all... Nor do I know of your skills with this type of stuff. Maybe after you buy me a drink, or three, I'll let you take a peck inside my chassis little stallion." Then she thinks to herself about this and sighs. "Well... Bet you are going to get all the better bounty's knowing that Boomer the Mad Bombermare, joined yea..."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:47 am

Xel Unknown wrote:"Yes... Using it so quickly is the only way to best get use out of it... And it's... Kinda painful to do so because I gotta use my Power-Bomb core. Also it uses a bit of power to use. So It just feels like I got cheated... A little"

"Power-Bomb core, huh? Never considered something like that before. Seems a bit risky, though, getting power through such a...volatile method. Anyway, sorry to have gotten you all charged up over nothing."

Xel Unknown wrote:"Yeah... I could use some touch up... But it's nothing major... Trust me my self-repair systems will deal with it if given time. Besides, while I do like how you look at me. I don't have any reason to trust you after all... Nor do I know of your skills with this type of stuff.

"Well, if skill's your primary concern...see that glider? Well, before it was set on fire, it was quite the piece of work. Seated three, pedal-powered turbines, bulletproofed, and functional dragon call and flamethrower. Time from inception to completion: 3 minutes, tops. But you're right about trust. At the end of the day, it's your body, and you shouldn't feel obligated to show how it works to someone unless you're comfortable with them."

Xel Unknown wrote:"Maybe after you buy me a drink, or three, I'll let you take a peck inside my chassis little stallion."

Torque suddenly blushed. "Oh...I, uh, didn't realize...I mean, I'm asking to look at your body, of course it's intimate...I just, uh,...if you'd like, I'd...maybe later..."

Xel Unknown wrote:"Well... Bet you are going to get all the better bounty's knowing that Boomer the Mad Bombermare, joined yea..."

"Bounties, yes, large bounties!" Torque exclaimed, eager to change the subject. "Ahem. So, Boomer, is it? Nice name, it suits you well. But...you sure you want to join us? I mean, we've just met, and while I'm sure you'd be welcome and that you're quite capable, I don't want to drag you into "our mess" if you'd rather set your own path or whatever."
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 am

Lyntermas wrote:"Hmm, the command here would get courts-martial if we assisted, huh? Let's see: courts-martial means lots of paperwork and documentation, which would mean more recognition for us and materials spent because of us, which means higher bounties for all of us. Works for me." Torque looked around to see Shallow investigating the sloop for supplies. "Shallow, once you've found some supplies at the docks, go check out the parts of the base that have been submerged underground. The captain and I can quickly move the stuff over at the docks. You might find more supplies there, and if you can make tunnels to the surface for any Marines trapped, the higher-ups will get in trouble, which means higher bounties for us!"

"Well, pon, while I be glad ta' help a few hooves in need, I'd ratha not get dem' sent ta' court, fined, imprisoned, or fired by World Government. Like I said, dey' got families ta' take care of, and dat' would be some bad mojo, yah' dig? I can help, but Ah'm not makin' a scene or lettin' dem' get da' fall for mah' action. Besides, I'm fairly certain dey' be okay: Dis' aint' da biggest hole I evah' done, heheh, but I guess dere be no harm in checkin' once more... As for da' supplies, dem' barrels ovah' dere' seem like a good start, but I'll see wat' I can, well, un-earth, heheh."

Shallow joins with the earth and starts looking around.
Perception:

19+6+3 = 28

To find supplies underground, locate any marines that might need help from Shallow (if any), and locating stuff that will let Shallow make a few improvised signs quickly.

avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 am

You manage to find two casks each of wine and rum. There are no marines that would need your unique attention. There are enough bits of scrap wood for you to improvise markers.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Shallow checks up on the marines, and finds that none of them appear to be in any sort of trouble that can't be fixed with a bit of good, honest labor. Satisfied, he then goes looking through the larger fissures, as well as the buried storage buildings. After a short search, he manages to find a pair of casks, both containing booze. He quickly digs a path, letting him pull them to the surface.

"Hooyah! Good news for all!"

"For one, all's well for da' marines: dey' won't be needin' mah' help, and we ain't gonna need ta' be givin' dem' no court summons. In fact, now dat' I tink' about it, rubbing salt in da' wounds would be very bad mojo indeed: Why show off dat' da marines be poor at dem' job, and get da' bounties toned down for havin' a clear advantage?"

"And da' otha good news, is dat' we get ta' have plenty of spirits ta' accompany us!"
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Zarhon wrote: "Hooyah! Good news for all!"

"For one, all's well for da' marines: dey' won't be needin' mah' help, and we ain't gonna need ta' be givin' dem' no court summons. In fact, now dat' I tink' about it, rubbing salt in da' wounds would be very bad mojo indeed: Why show off dat' da marines be poor at dem' job, and get da' bounties toned down for havin' a clear advantage?"

Shallow gave a sigh of relief. "Thanks for checking on it, Shallow. I feel much better knowing that our crimes don't include ponyslaughter, merely massive amounts of property damage and incapacitating 20 or so Marines...wow, this morning I never would have thought I would ever say that sentence. You're also probably right about the court-martialing; the ponies here have suffered enough humiliation without threatening their livelihood."

Zarhon wrote: "And da' otha good news, is dat' we get ta' have plenty of spirits ta' accompany us!"

"...Um, Shallow, while I appreciate your enthusiasm to fulfilling last requests, I'm not sure sailing an actual haunted ship would be such a good...Oh, you meant alcohol. Of course."

Torque glanced at the two ships. "So, it appears that the schooner would be faster, but most of the supplies are on the sloop. Well, if we're set on taking the schooner, we better get started moving those barrels. Captain, your skill at Ponykinesis will be very useful in getting this job done quickly. Of course, I'm willing to carry a few barrels over to lighten the load."

Torque hopped up on the sloop, went over to one of the full barrels and tried hoisting it on to his back.

Barrel-Carrying:

Athletics: 4+5=9
Endurance: 8+5=13

Torque's legs wobbled a bit, but he had enough control to put the barrel safely back on the ground before leaning against it, panting. "Might *gasp* be a two-pony job, though."


Last edited by Lyntermas on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Torque's legs wobbled a bit, but he had enough control to put the barrel safely back on the ground before leaning against it, panting. "Might *gasp* be a two-pony job, though."
Shallow patted
"Hahah! Yah' mind may be fit, but looks like yah' body be needin' some exercise, pon!"

Shallow then went and started collecting some of the rope on the docks and transferred it to the ship, in case spare are needed during the journey. He then checked some of the dock containers for an empty, pony-sized cargo box, and pushed one over a patch of soil, so that it's open end was facing the ground. He then sank and burrowed under it, and filled up the box from underneath, pushing a square-shaped chunks of dirt into it, filling it to the brim, then finally sealed the box. He repeated the manouver with another box, then yelled:

"Hey, Captain pon, yah' mind liftin' dese' boxes aboard as well? I'll be needin' em."
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Boomer smiles and chuckles... Ok now she liked this Torque, he was cute in the cyborg's eyes. "Well... As long as that cap'n of yours NEVER does that thing he did when I woke up ever again on me... I think we'll be fine... If not, you'll wish you've never meet me to begin with. Besides I got no reason to stay on my own, nor will I be staying with these World Gov Folks... I admitting don't got the greatest deal of trust for you lot, but I'll fight alongside yea, assuming the next fight lets me USE my "combat mode" a little..."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Z2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Zenith turns to the cyborg,

"Sorry, it was in what I thought was an emergency situation. For your safety and ours I needed you in a mood that doesn't broker a lot of questions, I wouldn't have erased any part of your memory aside from false impressions you may have had of me anyway. Rest assured, I'm not the brainwashing type (though I can conveniently provide brain bleach on command. Razz )"

Zenith turns away and starts levitating crates onto the ship, putting the bit of extra juice he has into lightening the load that might be a bit much for Torque.

He spares a moment for the officer:

"I'm actually a little sorry, our digger hasn't quite figured out the fine line between showy violence and gratuitous violence. Feel no failure, we'll put that ship to good use helping people; mostly OURSELVES, but still helping people. Wink

To the party:
Right, okay, when you guys are set to set out the Stellar Pirates can step onto our first ship the Astra, and I'll give us a fine farewell... Oh, and hold on a minute...

Spoiler:
Perception to find pickles, beets, or other properly preserved anti-scurvy foods:
3+20
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:36 pm

"Regardless of the resons... I don't like that you did it... And I will hold that aganst you as long as till some point in time you've proven trustworthy in my eyes..." Boomer retorts and adds. "This ship we steal better take on a good deal of gunpower and stuff to make the bomb's boom I'll make even bigger..."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Z2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Perception to find pickles, beets, or other properly preserved anti-scurvy foods:
3+20

The barrel that torque is carrying contains a dried herb that is either horseradish or scurvy grass. Eiither would be good for preventing scurvy.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 am

Z2 wrote: Zenith turns away and starts levitating crates onto the ship, putting the bit of extra juice he has into lightening the load that might be a bit much for Torque.
Seeing a magical energy envelop the barrel he had tried to lift before, Torque gave it another try. The barrel was now much easier to lift, and Torque soon had it carried over to the other ship. "Thanks for the assist, Captain. I think I'll leave the rest of these supplies to you."

Z2 wrote:He spares a moment for the officer:

"I'm actually a little sorry, our digger hasn't quite figured out the fine line between showy violence and gratuitous violence. Feel no failure, we'll put that ship to good use helping people; mostly OURSELVES, but still helping people. Wink
After Zenith walked away, Torque approached the officer."Our "digger" checked, the men inside are fine, but you'll have to get them out yourselves. Helping you directly would get you court-martialed, which makes you look bad, which makes our accomplishments seem less impressive. I believe we'll be off soon, have a nice day."

Z2 wrote:To the party:
Right, okay, when you guys are set to set out the Stellar Pirates can step onto our first ship the Astra, and I'll give us a fine farewell...
"Stellar Pirates, huh? Well, sounds good enough to me. Well, I'm ready to go if you guys are. Shallow, could you splash some spirits onto the bow of the ship? If we're going to rename this ship and rededicate it to the noble pursuit of piracy, we need to follow some protocol."
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 am

I'm actually a little sorry, our digger hasn't quite figured out the fine line between showy violence and gratuitous violence.

"Hoy! Dat' hardly be fair of yah', pon! Diggin' a few holes hardly be violent, and I barely scraped dem' marines. Besides, I ain't da' one wit' a barrel and gunpowdah', itchin' ta' spill da' red outta our hot-headed officer bruddah, or called da' storm on em', or was itchin' for da' fight in da' first place, mah' Strawberry Captain."

Shallow climbed aboard the boat, noting the presence of the corpse aboard.
"Hahah! Da' day just keeps bringin' new, interestin' friends! Yah' probably can't wait ta' get down under, can yah?' Good ting' I brought some dirt along!"

Right, okay, when you guys are set to set out the Stellar Pirates can step onto our first ship the Astra, and I'll give us a fine farewell...
"Da' Astra? Ain't dat' a tad offensive ta' our long-eared donkey bruddah's? How about, "Da' Batterie"? Hmmm. In fact, why don't we ask our new friend for his' opinion? He obviously be a lot longah' aboard den' any of us, heheh!"

(OOC Note: This next bit happens after we've set sail)

Shallow pulled the corpse to the middle of the deck, and secured it with rope to one of the masts. He then started spraying various odd-looking powders, herbs and liquids, preparing for a voodoo ritual...

Speak Wit' Da' Dead:
Speak With The Dead - 3/day (Haunted Flaw Benefit)
Preparation Time: 1 Hour

You call the soul of a deceased creature back from the realms of death to speak with you. The deceased spirit must enter its corpse, and its corpse must be intact enough to be able to speak. You may compel the creature to answer one question truthfully and without distortion regarding experiences the creature had while alive. The spirit, whether willing or not, remains in the corpse for twenty minutes or until you dismiss it.


Last edited by Zarhon on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum