Grand Line Adventures IC

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 pm

"Um... I know I'm basically the new guy who even doesn't really trust the rest of you... But we sure we wanta go with that name? Wouldn't something like 'Breaker Pirates' be more fitting given what has happened here?" Boomer comments. "Or name it off like some iconic item the Cap'n of this group uses? That normally goes off very well... From what little I know of pirate groups."
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Zarhon wrote:
"Da' Astra? Ain't dat' a tad offensive ta' our long-eared donkey bruddah's? How about, "Da' Batterie"?
Xel Unknown wrote: "Um... I know I'm basically the new guy who even doesn't really trust the rest of you... But we sure we wanta go with that name? Wouldn't something like 'Breaker Pirates' be more fitting given what has happened here?" Boomer comments. "Or name it off like some iconic item the Cap'n of this group uses? That normally goes off very well... From what little I know of pirate groups."
Torque sighed. "This is going to last all day, isn't it? Well, going by Boomer's logic, we should be the "Red Glasses" Pirates. No wait, the "Bright-Eyes" Pirates. And Zenith can give a speech about how we're "looking with optimism to the future for a brighter tomorrow"," Torque said somewhat sarcastically. "Anyway, I'm going to check the navigational charts that this ship has and see if I can chart a course for the Red Line so we can check out those attacking trees Shallow heard about."
Torque looked through the ship until he found a room with navigational charts. He looked them over, trying to remember the best routes to take.

Ship Navigation check:

History: 19 (1d20) + 11 = 30
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:41 pm

(OOC Note: This happens after the 1hr preparation time goes off, presumably after we've set sail already)

With the ritual complete, Shallow summons the spirit of the dead pony back into its body, temporarily, and beseeches it for answers:
"Hello pon! Sorry fah' desturbin yah' rest, but I got a couple a' questions ta' ask yah'...."

"First off, from wat' yah' seen us do so far, and from wat' yah' know, can yah' say if dere' be someting' important, or essential even, dat' we be needin' ta' have, or do, ta' make our voyage safe an' effective?"

"Second off', da yah' know where da' place called "Sabaody" be, and how best ta' navigate ta' there?"

"An' third off... Actually, I tink I'll wait wit' dat' question a bit."

Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Torque sighed. "This is going to last all day, isn't it? Well, going by Boomer's logic, we should be the "Red Glasses" Pirates. No wait, the "Bright-Eyes" Pirates. And Zenith can give a speech about how we're "looking with optimism to the future for a brighter tomorrow"," Torque said somewhat sarcastically. "Anyway, I'm going to check the navigational charts that this ship has and see if I can chart a course for the Red Line so we can check out those attacking trees Shallow heard about."
Torque looked through the ship until he found a room with navigational charts. He looked them over, trying to remember the best routes to take.

Ship Navigation check:

History: 19 (1d20) + 11 = 30

Looking at the charts you can see that they mainly detail the West Blue region but a few focus on the other three blues. By combining the information from the charts it readily becomes apparent that the Red Line is impassable except for where the Grand Line runs into the New World and the Holy City the headquarters of the World Government. The chart shows only one entrance to the Grand Line Reverse Mountain the spot where the four blues connect. You judge that the quickest course would be to stop at the Isle of Guile, then to round the Gurkhas Mountains, before stopping at Lougetown to make any final preparations for Reverse Mountain and the Grand Line.

one hour after you set sail.

Zarhon wrote:

With the ritual complete, Shallow summons the spirit of the dead pony back into its body, temporarily, and beseeches it for answers:
"Hello pon! Sorry fah' desturbin yah' rest, but I got a couple a' questions ta' ask yah'...."

"First off, from wat' yah' seen us do so far, and from wat' yah' know, can yah' say if dere' be someting' important, or essential even, dat' we be needin' ta' have, or do, ta' make our voyage safe an' effective?"

"Second off', da yah' know where da' place called "Sabaody" be, and how best ta' navigate ta' there?"

The brash looking Earth Pony seems to take offense to your first question. "THIS IS MY SHIP! There is nothing wrong with her! Wait a second YOU seriously are going to Sabaody! The one that is at Paradise’s end! The one that is literally a hop skip and a jump away from Marine HQ! YOU-YOU'RE INSANE! You would have to survive half the GRAND LINE just to get there! Can I please get back to being dead?"
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Looking over the charts, Torque considered their options. "Hmm, can't seem to find anything on an archipelago. Still, we know it's near the Red Line, and Lougetown is the closest island to that, so that should be a good place to ask for directions."

He then headed back up to the deck. "Alright, everyone, I've determined our heading. Next stop, the Isle of Guile. All aboard that's coming aboard!"

As almost a passing thought, Torque considered that the archipelago they were looking for might actually be on the OTHER part of the Red Line, closer to Holy City, in which case they were headed entirely the wrong way. Torque then set the thought aside. Surely Lougetown was the best way to get to wherever that archipelago was.

He would later find out that both points were equally true.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Before we head off sailing:
"The Bright Eyes Pirates sounds more fitting then Stellar Pirates..." Boomer notes as starts drawing up bluebrints to upgrade the ship they were leaving on... Along with plans on how to upgrade it while traveling.

mechanics check:
1D20+15+5+5 => [ 17 ] +15+5(FK: Upgrading)+5(Nimble Hooves) = 42 (Also I have Heart of Courage if the DC for this upgrading is over 30 the roll was 47.) (And for added note, this is skill check is to making blueprints and plans for upgrading at sea, not the act of upgrading the ship itself...)
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Boomer manages to create a set of blue prints which at first glance seem completely nonsensical but if carried out would reinforce the ship to the point that it would take a obscene amount of power to inflict lasting damage.
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 am

Allies preparations complete and supplies loaded, Zenith gives his farewell speech from the prow:

"Well, it's been nice meeting you chaps. Do try not to forget Captain Zenith of the Bright Eyes pirates. Thank you, fine servants for this lovely ship! Sorry about the mess, but I'm sure you'll see the Rose Lens again! Bright Eyes on the horizon, one day I'm sure you'll look back with pride; for you are the first to receive the mercy of and pleasure of donation to future Kings.

Zenith blows a kiss to the assembled marines and pushes the ship off with his telekinesis. Headed off into the wild (west) Blue yonder at last.
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:25 am

Bright Eyes on the horizon, one day I'm sure you'll look back with pride; for you are the first to receive the mercy of and pleasure of donation to future Kings.

"Dat' be Pirate Kings and Queens, Captain. I don't tink' any of us would look good wit' a crown, tho'. Well, maybe our shifty friend and our sky-given new crewmember." Razz
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 pm

"Um, Captain, I was just being...never mind, whatever works for the crew." As Zenith used his telekinesis to unfurl the sails, and the rest of the crew worked to raise the anchor, Torque took the helm and directed the schooner so that they were headed in the direction of the Isle of Guile.

tygerburningbright wrote:one hour after you set sail.

Zarhon wrote:

The brash looking Earth Pony seems to take offense to your first question. "THIS IS MY SHIP! There is nothing wrong with her! Wait a second YOU seriously are going to Sabaody! The one that is at Paradise’s end! The one that is literally a hop skip and a jump away from Marine HQ! YOU-YOU'RE INSANE! You would have to survive half the GRAND LINE just to get there! Can I please get back to being dead?"

"The Grand Line? Well, that explains things. The maps I got only list locations that are part of the Four Blues, not anything along the Grand Line. Maybe that's also why I couldn't find anything about that archi..." Something finally clicked for Torque. "...Um, Shallow, could you ask the ghost if Sabaody is an archipelago that's near the Red Line? I'm, uh, going to check something."

Torque rushes to the navigational room, then takes a look at the charts again. "...Oh come on!" He then goes back up to the deck to address the crew. "Well, everyone, I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is that if the ghost is right, we've got a LONG journey ahead of us. The entrance to the Grand Line that's technically closer to Sabaody is right at Marine HQ, so that's out. The good news is that we are currently headed in the direction of the OTHER entrance to the Grand Line, Reverse Mountain."
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

"If we've got that long a trip ahead of us... We'll need to upgrade this ship to be ready to deal with whatever comes our way..." Boomer comments. "Thankfully I've already drew up some plans for that. Because I had nothing better to do..."
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 pm

"You have? Already?" Torque asked. "That's...rather impressive, actually. Might I take a look at your plans?"

Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Boomer nods and magics the scroll with blueprints over to Torque. "I know they look a bit crazy. But I'm 100% sure doing these will make the ship extreamly easy to fix and nearly impossible to take lasting damage in any fight."
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 pm

Torque starts looking over the plans. "Let's see...well, it seems like a simple reinforcement design, not exactly revolutionary, although the arrangement is a bit...wait...I see it. I SEE IT!!! The arrangement of the system allows for any impacts to be evenly distributed throughout the entire system, resulting in negligible damage to the ship regardless of the location of the original impact!! Granted, if one particular impact exceeds the parameters, or if there are more impacts than the system can handle, then the effect is reduced, but by my projections, such a magnitude of impact is beyond the capacity of over 85% of ship-based weapons!! Boomer, this design could revolutionize the field of nautical engineering, a start of a full paradigm shift from the way things were done before!"

Understanding the plans:

Mechanics: 17 (1d20) + 12 + 3(EF) = 32

"Yes, yes, I've got it all figured out now! We can work together and..." He stopped as he looked at Boomer's expression. He had done his "thing" again, hadn't he? He tried to compose himself a bit. "Sorry, I...well, I get carried away sometimes. Um, I think I understand the plans, so I could help you implement them if you like. Or I can just...go back to steering the ship." Torque was a little embarrassed, and hoped his...enthusiasm hadn't drastically reduced Boomer's opinion of him.
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Boomer was shocked and a tad freaked out, because most people don't seem to care much about her work outside of bomb-making... And even there people normally dislike it and see her works and evil and crazy. So her first thoughts were that the rant was a joke, then... Once Torque saw how weirded out she was of his actions... Made her second guess... "Wait... What?" Where her first words as her mind slowly just mulls over what she just saw happen before her. "So... You liked my plans?"
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 pm

The brash looking Earth Pony seems to take offense to your first question. "THIS IS MY SHIP! There is nothing wrong with her! Wait a second YOU seriously are going to Sabaody! The one that is at Paradise’s end! The one that is literally a hop skip and a jump away from Marine HQ! YOU-YOU'RE INSANE! You would have to survive half the GRAND LINE just to get there! Can I please get back to being dead?

"Hahah! Don't fret yah' bones! We ain't made of chalk and dust, unlike dat' marine base we just left our mark on, and I be sure yah' ship be no different. I'm guessin', from yah' fear of da' Marine HQ, dat' yah' be havin' bad dealins' wit' dem... Yah' be a pirate as well? A Morganeer, perhaps, or someting' a bit more peaceful? Of course, if yah' be scared of wat' we might do, I can offer yah' a respectful burial at sea, if yah' so wish. But before I do dat', as kindred ponies, do yah' care ta' tell us a few more tings? If not for our sakes, den for dat' of da' ship, heheh!"

"First off, mah' short bruddah' over dere' is askin' if Sabaody happens ta' be an archipelago, near da' Red Line... Possibly wit' some ratha' agressive fauna?"

"Second, dere be any ting's dat yah' can tell us about Reverse Mountain?"

"And lastly, since I appreciate a good story as much as anotha'... Care to tell us about yah' ship, crew and da circumstances of yah' final hours, of wat' I assume be eitha' a tragic fate, or a glorious end?"
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Zarhon wrote:
"Hahah! Don't fret yah' bones! We ain't made of chalk and dust, unlike dat' marine base we just left our mark on, and I be sure yah' ship be no different. I'm guessin', from yah' fear of da' Marine HQ, dat' yah' be havin' bad dealins' wit' dem... Yah' be a pirate as well? A Morganeer, perhaps, or someting' a bit more peaceful? Of course, if yah' be scared of wat' we might do, I can offer yah' a respectful burial at sea, if yah' so wish. But before I do dat', as kindred ponies, do yah' care ta' tell us a few more tings? If not for our sakes, den for dat' of da' ship, heheh!"

"First off, mah' short bruddah' over dere' is askin' if Sabaody happens ta' be an archipelago, near da' Red Line... Possibly wit' some ratha' agressive fauna?"

"Second, dere be any ting's dat yah' can tell us about Reverse Mountain?"

"And lastly, since I appreciate a good story as much as anotha'... Care to tell us about yah' ship, crew and da circumstances of yah' final hours, of wat' I assume be eitha' a tragic fate, or a glorious end?"

“Well duh I'm a pirate. No my name is not Morgan...” The Earth Pony looks confused at your terminology. “If you seriously let me go back to being dead I'll do my best ok? Sabaody is er this like giant tree thingy. Reverse Mountain is this place where the water goes up and there is a giant whale trying to kill it. Really you had to ask? Look at my body for just a second... what does it look like I died from?"
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:26 pm

Boomer blinks... "Ok... Also we got a ghost here... That's... Almost as abnormal for me as being complimented."
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:54 am

Xel Unknown wrote:"Wait... What?" Where her first words as her mind slowly just mulls over what she just saw happen before her. "So... You liked my plans?"

"Ye...yes, I liked them a lot." Torque gave a little laugh. "I'm sorry, it's just that most people tend to be a bit "creeped out" when I get engaged like that. Anyway, the plans not only look sound, but are quite innovative as well. I would be honored to work with you to put them into use. Unfortunately, though, I don't think we have the materials on board to do that at the moment. Perhaps the Isle of Guile will have what we need." Torque was already considering plotting up his own modification to this new ship, but decided to put that off until they had finished building Boomer's design.
tygerburningbright wrote: “Well duh I'm a pirate. No my name is not Morgan...” The Earth Pony looks confused at your terminology. “If you seriously let me go back to being dead I'll do my best ok? Sabaody is er this like giant tree thingy. Reverse Mountain is this place where the water goes up and there is a giant whale trying to kill it. Really you had to ask? Look at my body for just a second... what does it look like I died from?"
"Starvation, if I had to guess. Shallow, the poor fellow is obviously not thrilled to be among the living again or to share his life story. He's helped us enough, let him rest in peace and give him proper burial rites."
Xel Unknown wrote: Boomer blinks... "Ok... Also we got a ghost here... That's... Almost as abnormal for me as being complimented."
"Hmm? Oh, Shallow is a gravedigger, trained to give last rites to the deceased. He also knows a bit about Voodoo, which allows him to talk with the dead like that. It sounds a bit creepy at first, but as with most things upon repeated presentation, you might start to get used to it. This encounter is relatively simple...wait until you meet the ones that DON'T want to leave."

Torque then took another look at the plans and started writing down the materials that were needed.

OOC: Tyger, what materials are needed?
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:08 am

"Well as I said, seeing a ghost's the second oddest thing I've seen today... The oddest is for once in my life finding somepony who respects and liked my random plans." Boomer explains to Torque. "More used to my plans being called crazy and evil..."
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 am

Xel Unknown wrote:"Well as I said, seeing a ghost's the second oddest thing I've seen today... The oddest is for once in my life finding somepony who respects and liked my random plans." Boomer explains to Torque. "More used to my plans being called crazy and evil..."

"Preaching to the choir, that." Torque shook his head. "My father taught me early on that technology, in and of itself, is neither crazy nor evil. Granted, inventions that require grievous harm to others for their development or operation should be left at the drawing board, and some inventions do have a high potential for abuse. But the point of technology is to better understand the world around us, and use that knowledge to make everypony's lives better."

"I myself use somewhat radical inventions, and I too have sometimes been shunned for it. Luckily, my friends here are understanding of my gifts, and I appreciate them for that. I hope that someday, all ideas can be tried and tested on their own merits, rather than merely being labeled as "insane" or "misguided" when they are not understood." Torque sighed. "Before Captain Zenith got me into this whole "pirating" endeavor, I went from island to island trying to sell my inventions to the common pony. Do you know what my last major "success" was? I had to sing and dance like a carnival con man to get them to buy push-powered lawnmowers. Imagine, a mind filled with ideas that could change the Four Blues forever, and I couldn't even sell a simple mechanism unless I made a cheap spectacle of it."

"But enough of the past. I think today marks the meeting of two great minds, and I can tell we're going to do wondrous things together."
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:22 am

"Though with me, I'd at least understand it they called my work extremely dangerous. Cause as you could guess my by cutie-mark, I do work with bombs, and work them in odd ways normal ponies would fear to try... But it isn't evil... And for once I meet somepony that understands that. For that I can't wait to see what we pull off together..." Boomer states with a tearful smile and then mutters to herself. "It'll be something so great I'll finally be able to shake teh rep of blowing up my home island..."
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:23 am

“Well duh I'm a pirate. No my name is not Morgan...” The Earth Pony looks confused at your terminology. “If you seriously let me go back to being dead I'll do my best ok? Sabaody is er this like giant tree thingy. Reverse Mountain is this place where the water goes up and there is a giant whale trying to kill it. Really you had to ask? Look at my body for just a second... what does it look like I died from?"
"Starvation, if I had to guess. Shallow, the poor fellow is obviously not thrilled to be among the living again or to share his life story. He's helped us enough, let him rest in peace and give him proper burial rites."

"Well, since yah' both asked nicely, I'll be happy to! Been a pleasure meetin' yah' acquaintance. Now, do yah' care more for a sea burial, or an earthen one? And wat' be yah' name, or who be da' closest yah' have ta' family, so yah' may be remembered and bring closure ta' anypon dat' be grievin'?"

Shallow, whilst waiting for an answer, starts preparing for the burial.

Arcana + It's Witchraft & History:

Arcana -> 10 + 11 + 3 + 5 (Freaky Knowledge - Voodoo) = 29
History -> 16 + 8 + 3 + 5 (Freaky Knowledge - Voodoo, if applicable for burial rites knowledge) = 32
Screenshot

For preparing a burial with a combination of voodoo magic (arcana + It's Witchcraft) and recalling his own knowledge and taught skills on burial rites and ceremonies, particularly for pirates (history), so that he knows what he might need. It's witchcraft is delayed for the actual burial, once he gets details from his knowledge check and a preference from the dead pirate.

It’s Witchcraft
You can use the Arcana skill to perform magic or fiddle with magical effects, such as attempting to dispel an enchantment or attempting to open a closed magical portal. You can use this talent to fiddle with magical effects in just about any way you can imagine, however – just like trying to physically force an object or deftly manipulate its mechanics gets harder the more drastically you want to change things; so does using Arcana to manipulate magical effects. Both how drastic a change the character wants to make and how fast you want to make the change affect the difficulty of the Arcana DC.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 am

Most funerals for the common pirate consist of merely throwing the body of the deceased into the sea more notable pirates may get an earthen burial.

“Just get on with it already! Throw me overboard!”
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:43 pm

"Grouchy, aren't yah'? Fine, I'll make dis' quick."

Shallow clapped his hands a few times, and blew a small pile of pink dust into the ghost. Moments later, the ghost started glowing, a vanished in a pink puff of voodoo. Afterwards, Shallow placed the corpse of the pirate inside an empty cargo box, attached a weight, performed a few more ritual prayers, then, together with the rest of the crew, pushed it overboard, where it quickly sank.

"So long, bruddah! May yah' spirit be always fed! Now den', how about we get our sails goin', and head ta' Reverse Mountains? In da' meantime, I'll go get mah' plants ready..."

As he went down into the cargo hold to find some suitable boxes to serve as pots, filled them with dirt, and planted his seeds. As he carried them to the deck to get some sunshine, he came to a sudden realization.

"Speakin' of sails, does anypony know how ta' steer dis' ting? Or happen ta' know how ta' make da winds favorable?"
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top