Grand Line Adventures IC

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:35 am

Shallow watched the spectacle in the air, slightly amused by the sudden conflagration. He prodded his dirt pouch slightly, rousing the half-sober buffalo spirit.

"See dat', me strong-bodied spirit bruddah? Dat's wat yah' fire-water does... Yah' may get courage in yah' heart and warmth in yah' soul, but soon enough, yah' whole world go' down in smoke, and yah' eitha' bail out, or crash an' burn wit' it. Yah' need ta' be a free spirit, pon... Gotta be down ta' earth, gettin' dat' powah from yah' heart, yah' soul, yah' spirits..."

He squinted at the actions of his companions within the plummeting vehicle. Strong hearts ain't no good if it isn't beating, and this could turn ugly pretty quickly...
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Z2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:30 am

Zenith swoops down from the now-ephemeral glider, telekinetically pulling the other passengers in close file behind him. He carefully flaps and glides, progressing toward the bow of his ship with all possible swiftness and grace.

Spoiler:
Perception to find a clear flight path: 13+20
Acrobatics for fair flight: 19+12
Do my wings ablate? 1d10=3 (so no, probably)
Perception to evaluate the ship once I alight so that I can come up with something to do next: ...1+20

*ahem* This can't be haaaappening. Everything I put into perception and it just mean nothing? How cruel. How impossible! DM, you have to let this go onnnn! I didn't even waaant to make a check there, I just didn't have any information for what I do next. And here we are, I just get back from a long period of no posts and all I can manage is a one? I don't have aaaany data to go beyond this, and all I get for my return is a horrible. Foul. CRUEL.

one

(Ability Activation: This is Whining Razz )
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Z2 wrote:Zenith swoops down from the now-ephemeral glider, telekinetically pulling the other passengers in close file behind him. He carefully flaps and glides, progressing toward the bow of his ship with all possible swiftness and grace.

Spoiler:
Perception to find a clear flight path: 13+20
Acrobatics for fair flight: 19+12
Do my wings ablate? 1d10=3 (so no, probably)
Perception to evaluate the ship once I alight so that I can come up with something to do next: ...1+20
*ahem* This can't be happening. Everything I put into perception and it just mean nothing? How cruel. How impossible! DM, you have to let this go on! I didn't even want to make a check there, I just didn't have any information for what I do next. And here we are, I just get back from a long period of no posts and all I can manage is a one? I don't have any data to go beyond this, and all I get for my return is a horrible. Foul. CRUEL. one
(Ability Activation: This is Whining Razz )

The air is clear when you jump out of the glider pulling the others behind but a few moments after the marines spot you and open fire. Your skill however is enough to dodge the vast majority of the bullets with only a few managing to strike your wings.The new holes combined with the heat from the fire put ever increasing cracks and splits into your gossamer wings as you land at the pier the wings shatter. The group of marines at the docks quickly surrounds you with the group at the main base starting to mobilize.
You can see that there is nothing at all inherently wrong with the ship but it is lacking in the supplies department. The bare minimum amount of sails, not a single gun, and judging from the lump of skin and bones that was once a body probably no food or water.

OOC initiative rolls at this point may not be ill advised.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 pm

As he was lifted from the burning glider, Torque suddenly felt concerned. He knew that Zenith's skill with telekinesis was a bit...sporadic at times. He could carry many heavy loads, including ponies, for a time, but that was normally for short periods of time. He didn't know if he would be able to do that twice one day unless...

Torque looked over at Zenith. He seemed to be glancing down at the docks, working on his best approach. Suddenly, his glasses shone with a bright light, and the magic from his horn glowed, easily hoisting Torque up behind him.

It was looking like Zenith was having one of his "Super Spectacular" days.

tygerburningbright wrote: The air is clear when you jump out of the glider pulling the others behind but a few moments after the marines spot you and open fire. Your skill however is enough to dodge the vast majority of the bullets with only a few managing to strike your wings.The new holes combined with the heat from the fire put ever increasing cracks and splits into your gossamer wings as you land at the pier the wings shatter.

"Sorry about the wings, Zenith, uh, I mean Captain Gearspin. Still, they served their purpose well enough," Torque said as he landed safely on the ground.

tygerburningbright wrote:The group of marines at the docks quickly surrounds you with the group at the main base starting to mobilize.

It wasn't looking like the Marines were in the mood for fancy speeches or surrendering. "Time to play our trump card, I suppose. When I say "Now", close your eyes tightly, got it?" Torque whispered to the others. He got out a flare, lit it, and used his telekinesis to hurl it high up into the air. He then continued to watch as it fell back toward the ground. "3, 2, 1, Now!" Torque shut his eyes and concentrated. Blue magic enveloped the flare as it fell toward the crowd of Marines, and then suddenly a great burst of light came forth from it.

Guess what I used...:
Spyrotechnics (2) - At Will
Preparation Time - 6 Seconds
Characters of your race can turn a flame into either a burst of blinding fireworks (blinding all creatures that see it within 120-ft of the fire source) or a thick cloud of smoke (extending 20 feet in all directions from the fire source and lasting 18 seconds).

Torque opened his eyes and saw a good number of the Marines clutching at their eyes. Still, it didn't seem like the Marines were running away, as a few still tried to ready their weapons. Torque hoped that Shallow had seen the flare, but had been underground when it had sent out its blinding light. Well now that he had their attention...

"Captain, if you want to make a speech, do it now. I don't think they (or Shallow's surprise) will wait much longer." Torque was starting to feel some rumblings beneath his feet.


Rolling for initiative...18!
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Shallow grinned widely as the flare flew up high in a flash. He sank into the earth, into a large empty chamber within the hill...

***EARLIER***

Shallow entered the shop. It was an ordinary florist's shop, but it would suit his needs. The shopkeeper stirred, not expecting customers during non-dining hours. As the pony looked at Shallow expectantly, he replied:
"Good day to yah' mon! I'd be most gracious if yah' could sell be some of yah' spare shovels, as well as some seeds yah' might have spare: oranges, sprouts, strawberries, blueberries, tomato and whatevah' herbs yah' might have. I'd like ta' try and see if I don't have some green hooves ta' go along my brown stripes."

DM/rolls #1:
You have enough bits on you for about 5 shovels. The tip would need a persuasion roll.

- Persuasion -> 15 + 6 + 3 = 24.

The shopkeeper thanks you for the tip and gives you the tools for free.
As the shopkeeper tallies up the cost of the seeds and the shovels, Shallow leans in closer to the shopkeeper with a friendly grin.
"Now, earth bruddah', I know yah' be expectin' some bits for dem' fine tools and seeds, but I tink' I've got a transaction "tip" dat' yah' mite' be interested in... Yah' must have heard dem' rumors floatin' about da' marines and da' Talon company... Well, let's just say dat' wit' da advice I've got, yah' might end up havin' a ratha', blooming business, hahah!"
The shopkeeper, curious, agrees. A shake of the hoof, and a few whispers in the ear, and the transaction was set. Shallow trotted off, goods in tow, and dug in, speeding towards his next objective... The marine base.

***

Shallow slowly slid by the walls of the base. The hole left behind by the previous attackers allowed for an easy entrance, but he was still out of his element. Concrete covered almost everything, meaning he had to rely on his wits to sneak past...

DM/rolls #2:
-Stealth -> 2 + 8 + 3 = 13 (crap)

As you are sneaking towards the keep you manage to inadvertently knock down a large metal construct. Luckily for you only one marine is in the area. You can run away(stunts/acrobatics),you can try to hide (stealth), or you can try something else that comes to mind(not combat). Will handle the rest after resolving this.

"Whoops! Bettah' get a move on!"

DM/rolls #3:
- Athletics -> 5 + 14 + 3 = 22

You manage to sprint to your destination but you know that you were most likely see by at least a few of the marines.

Shallow sprinted like mad, running to his destination. As soon as he saw soil in front of him, he leaped into it, and out of sight.

"Woo! Good ting' a gravediggah's chores be good for da' body! Now, ta' get ta' work..."

Work Work:
- Athletics -> 17 + 14 + 3 = 34

Thanks to the devil fruit, what most would call an insane task was completed in no time. Shallow popped his head out and surveyed the area. He still needed to get out of the base the way he came...

DM/rolls #4:
As you exit the hill you can tell the the Marines have raised the alarm. Need either a stunts or a stealth to get out safely (side note the stealth check you already made does not pass the new DC for sneaking around the base.).

- Previously made Stealth check -> 7 + 8 + 3 = 18
- Added +2 from daily talent spec points, boosting Stealth check to 20

It passes. You very slowly and carefully manage to make you way out of the base just barely making it from cover to cover at several points you could swear that the guards saw you, but in the end you make in out of the base unharmed.

As Shallow narrowly avoided bumping into the final patrol, he made a quick run for his entry point and ducked for cover outside the base. A rather close shave, that was. But at least the hard part was done! Now to just wrap up a loose end...

***
As expected, the grieving family was still at home. Shallow felt a slight bit of guilt.
"Hello again. I'm afraid I've got some bad news for yah'... I won't be in a position ta' finish mah' duties for yah', on account of... Travel. I know yah' be grieving, and it be difficult ta' bury one of yah' own. Trust me on dat'. So ta' make a bit of amends, I give yah' all dis'".
Shallow offered his five, newly-bought shovels to the family. As they looked in confusion, he whispered a few words into their ears. They shook their heads slightly, and thanked him for his generosity.
"Da' honor's all your's, mah bruddahs. Now if yah' excuse me, I've got a few otha' bruddah's waitin' on me..."

***PRESENT ***

DM:
You then manage to create a system of underground instabilities, set on a hair trigger, inside the hill.
"Da' marine's base be in shambles rite' now, as yah' mite' be well aware. But I can tell yah' wit' certainty, dat' dem' troubles be far from over, and dat' by da' time dey' be done, dey' gonna be in need of a good supplier of diggin' and rebuildin' tools, plus materials..."
"In about an hour, maybe two, I'll be gone from da' island. If yah' wish a job, or a good, honest salary, go to da' marine base, and ask for a labor position, after I've left. I tink' ya' be finding dem' in a ratha' desperate need of workers. Just don't mention me, if yah' value yah' safety."

The damp chamber was silent, apart from the trotting of hooves. Shallow stood in front of a great pillar in the middle of the previously-dug chamber. It didn't take much effort to empty most of the dirt, so much as keeping the entire room from collapsing before its prime time. The pillar was only a hairs-breath away from collapsing, which should bring everything above it great misfortune.
"Well, I'd say dis' fancy marine dwellin' has choked dis' hill long enough! Time da' change da' decorations!"
Shallow took a running start and ran through the pillar, dislodging it completely. As the room filled with soil, Shallow dove in and moved out of the way, preparing for the spectacle to come.
"Hahah! Time ta' make our acquaintance wit' da marines. Hope yah' don't got no hangover, spirit, for dis gonna be a bit loud!"
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Once you destroy the final support of the chamber's roof large portions of wall and ceiling begin to crumble. The foundation of the marine base being far too heavy for the thin layer of dirt attempting to support it forces it's self straight to the bottom mere moments after Shallow manages to exit. The entire base except for the very top is quickly consumed by the shell of the hill. Outside several parts of the concrete floor are heavily cracked from the sudden shifting of the base with a few areas falling entirely into the sea. Most of the marines scramble toward the buried base in order to save whatever and whoever they can however the group at the pier instead react with pure anger.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:33 am

Action Post 2

There comes a time in a changeling's life when you've just gotta blow your cover. Granted, for me that happens pretty often. Like right now, for instance.

How did I come to be standing in Marine uniform, jumping in at the last moment? Well, it went something like this...

After the snafu at the bar, I had decided to just follow along and keep quiet, lest I prove myself even stupider, listening intently.

I think actual caution might be called for at first, and perhaps a bit of formal recon from our changeling friend.

"Nooo! Really? You're gonna have the master of disguise actually use a disguise? No sh- I mean horseapples!" I corrected myself, recalling in time that it was a PG campaign.

Nevertheless, I did need to start planning ahead a little. I was born and raised for that kind of stuff, and if they hammered anything home it was PLAN AHEAD. So I picked a place to sit and planned my part, until I heard a ruckus from Upstairs...

Lyntermas wrote:When he opened his eyes, it was complete. Anyone walking in for the first time would wonder why a 20-ft long red dragon was doing lying on top of the giant telescope. The "glider" was bullet-proof, even the wings. It seated three ponies, with pedal power capacity at each, to power the two turbines placed where the "hind legs" would be, which would propel them through the sky. At the front were the controls, which controls for the wings and tail for navigation, a lever which would cause the head to "breath fire", and a horn that when blowed into made the roar of a large angry dragon.

"So...what do you think?" Torque asked, panting slightly.

"That... is how it's DONE," I said, clambering into the back seat. "Now, if only it could do water too. Which I could... nah, no time. Let's go!"

And off we went...

Lyntermas wrote:
"Release in 3....2....1!" Torque pushed one of the levers forward. The front legs of the glider released the telescope and the glider jolted forward from the sudden acceleration as it started barreling up the length of the telescope. The dragon glider finally reached the end, and they experienced a moment of freefall before Torque deployed the wings. The wings caught the air, resulting in a sudden uplift. Torque readjusted the wings and tail so that they flew steady. "Thank you for taking the Red Dragon Aerial Tour! Next stop: the Marine Base!" Torque laughed as he banked the glider toward the secondary docks. As the base came more and more into view, Torque brought the mouthpiece of the horn closer to his face. "Let's say hello to the Marines, shall we?" Torque took a deep breath and then blew into the horn.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

"That's my cue!" I called out before diving into the chaos below. Landing behind a nearby Unicorn, I shoved him over the rails and into the water, quick-shifting into his likeness...

Athletics:

To shove some Unicorn.

Result: 1D20 (13) + Athletics (7) + Quirky Stunts (2) = 22

Would appreciate leniency, in order to get things moving.

Lyntermas wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:The group of marines at the docks quickly surrounds you with the group at the main base starting to mobilize.

It wasn't looking like the Marines were in the mood for fancy speeches or surrendering. "Time to play our trump card, I suppose. When I say "Now", close your eyes tightly, got it?" Torque whispered to the others. He got out a flare, lit it, and used his telekinesis to hurl it high up into the air. He then continued to watch as it fell back toward the ground. "3, 2, 1, Now!" Torque shut his eyes and concentrated. Blue magic enveloped the flare as it fell toward the crowd of Marines, and then suddenly a great burst of light came forth from it.

Guess what I used...:
Spyrotechnics (2) - At Will
Preparation Time - 6 Seconds
Characters of your race can turn a flame into either a burst of blinding fireworks (blinding all creatures that see it within 120-ft of the fire source) or a thick cloud of smoke (extending 20 feet in all directions from the fire source and lasting 18 seconds).

Torque opened his eyes and saw a good number of the Marines clutching at their eyes. Still, it didn't seem like the Marines were running away, as a few still tried to ready their weapons. Torque hoped that Shallow had seen the flare, but had been underground when it had sent out its blinding light. Well now that he had their attention...

"Captain, if you want to make a speech, do it now. I don't think they (or Shallow's surprise) will wait much longer." Torque was starting to feel some rumblings beneath his feet.


Rolling for initiative...18!

And right about here was where I was ready to blow it. But not yet.

Nooot juust yet...

Initiating...:

I rolled an 11. Plus whatever circumstantial bonus I get, if any...

Talents:
(+1) Gather Energy
(+2) Survival Skills
(+3) Take Aim
(-1) Whirling Blades
(-7) Wild Abandon

Actions:

(+1) Gather Energy
You may take two Standard Actions on your next turn.

Status:

PiPs: 5
HP: 30
Status: Waiting for a cue.
avatar
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 24
Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Grey's post and DM in gold:
Grey Pen wrote:Action Post 2

There comes a time in a changeling's life when you've just gotta blow your cover. Granted, for me that happens pretty often. Like right now, for instance.

How did I come to be standing in Marine uniform, jumping in at the last moment? Well, it went something like this...

After the snafu at the bar, I had decided to just follow along and keep quiet, lest I prove myself even stupider, listening intently.
I think actual caution might be called for at first, and perhaps a bit of formal recon from our changeling friend.

"Nooo! Really? You're gonna have the master of disguise actually use a disguise? No sh- I mean horseapples!" I corrected myself, recalling in time that it was a PG campaign.
Please do not break the 4th wall with out the proper talents

Nevertheless, I did need to start planning ahead a little. I was born and raised for that kind of stuff, and if they hammered anything home it was PLAN AHEAD. So I picked a place to sit and planned my part, until I heard a ruckus from Upstairs...

Lyntermas wrote:When he opened his eyes, it was complete. Anyone walking in for the first time would wonder why a 20-ft long red dragon was doing lying on top of the giant telescope. The "glider" was bullet-proof, even the wings. It seated three ponies, with pedal power capacity at each, to power the two turbines placed where the "hind legs" would be, which would propel them through the sky. At the front were the controls, which controls for the wings and tail for navigation, a lever which would cause the head to "breath fire", and a horn that when blowed into made the roar of a large angry dragon.

"So...what do you think?" Torque asked, panting slightly.

"That... is how it's DONE," I said, clambering into the back seat. "Now, if only it could do water too. Which I could... nah, no time. Let's go!"

And off we went...

Lyntermas wrote:
"Release in 3....2....1!" Torque pushed one of the levers forward. The front legs of the glider released the telescope and the glider jolted forward from the sudden acceleration as it started barreling up the length of the telescope. The dragon glider finally reached the end, and they experienced a moment of freefall before Torque deployed the wings. The wings caught the air, resulting in a sudden uplift. Torque readjusted the wings and tail so that they flew steady. "Thank you for taking the Red Dragon Aerial Tour! Next stop: the Marine Base!" Torque laughed as he banked the glider toward the secondary docks. As the base came more and more into view, Torque brought the mouthpiece of the horn closer to his face. "Let's say hello to the Marines, shall we?" Torque took a deep breath and then blew into the horn.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

"That's my cue!" I called out before diving into the chaos below. Landing behind a nearby Unicorn, I shoved him over the rails and into the water, quick-shifting into his likeness...


To shove some Unicorn.

Result: 1D20 (13) + Athletics (7) + Quirky Stunts (2) = 22

Would appreciate leniency, in order to get things moving.

It passes

And right about here was where I was ready to blow it. But not yet.

Nooot juust yet...

Initiating...
I rolled an 11. Plus whatever circumstantial bonus I get, if any...

Talents:
(+1) Gather Energy
(+2) Survival Skills
(+3) Take Aim
(-1) Whirling Blades
(-7) Wild Abandon


Actions
(+1) Gather Energy
You may take two Standard Actions on your next turn.


Status
PiPs: 5
HP: 30
Status: Waiting for a cue.

Your initiative is now 16

Meanwhile on a near by island...

In the middle of a field of flowers a ninja lama dressed in an orange gi confronts a large cyborganic unicorn. “You have show disrespect to the ninja clan of the trees one too many times indulgent robot! You and your vile explosions shall be cast away from this land!” The lama rushes at Boomer and at the last second shifts his stance so that his front hooves connect with Boomer's barrel. “CHAMPAGNE SHOT!” Boomer is launched into the sky with a flash of light. Moments later she lands with a sickening crunch right in the midst of the group at the pier.


Last edited by tygerburningbright on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the system can not handle too many spoilers...)
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 pm

As Boomer flew into the sky and seconds before he landed... Her final thoughts before she passed out were: "At least that island wasn't on fire when I got kicked off it..." Then the Cyborg... Just ended up slap dab in the middle of who knows what just laying there randomly.

combat info:
initiative: 4

Combat Talents:
[+2] Self-Repair (Survival Skills) - Standard Utility
You regain 1d12 hp.

[+1] Drop-Da-Bomb (Piercing Shot) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature. This attack ignores resistance.

[-1] Coup-De-Vent-Minor (Force Bolt) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature and that creature is dazed until the end of its next turn.

[-1] Weapon Left (Whirling Blades) - Minor Attack
Deal 1d4 damage to target creature. If you roll a 3 or higher, the creature suffers vulnerability 1 to your attacks until the end of your next turn.

[-3] Strong Right (Furious Rage) - Standard Attack
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature. If you are bloodied, you 3d12 damage instead.
status:
HP: -10 + 4 (temp-HP, item has me get it at the start of every battle.)
Pips: 0 (because KOed)
Condition: KOed


Last edited by Xel Unknown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Have you ever had one of those moments where you were outrageously lying to someone, and they almost caught you red-hoofed, and you had to ad-lib something FAST in order to keep them out of the loop, and hope and pray that they buy it?

Well, the moment a cyborg falls out of the sky was not one of them. No siree. I'll admit, freely and openly; Much like everyone else present, I was genuinely shocked.

So sue me for quite literally leaping back 15 feet, not recalling that my wings were still behind my illusory Unicorn appearance. THAT was one of those moments. Where all I could do was hope and pray that anypony who noticed would chalk it up to fright...
avatar
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 24
Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Z2 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 am

The ditzy captain sat on his haunches.

Somewhere along the line things had gotten far out of hoof.

Zenith took a moment to gather his thoughts:
First thought: Win, then gloat

Spoiler:
Initiative 14 HP: 30 Pips:4

[+1] Fireworks (Fireball) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature and each creature adjacent to the target.

[+2] What damage? (Healing Salve) - Standard Utility
You or target ally regains 1d10+2 hp.

[-3] Unconscious? What are you talking about? (Miracle) – Free Utility
Target unconscious ally regains 3d12 hp.

[+1] Wait for your Cue (Gather Energy) - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

[0] Blood Weapon - Minor Utility
Pay 10 hp. If you do, you conjure a Blood Weapon in your hands. You can dismiss the Blood Weapon as a free action. While you are wielding a Blood Weapon, you cannot use your other combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

[+2] Crow Claw - Standard Attack

Deal 1d10 damage to target creature.

[+1] Douse in Blood - Minor Utility

You lose 5 hp.

[-1] Sanguine Cyclone - Standard Utility
Deal 1d12 to target creature and all creatures adjacent to it.

[-5] Eviscerate - Standard Attack
Deal 3d8 damage to target creature. If you are bloodied, deal 5d8 damage to that creature instead.

Second thought: Those wings certainly didn't last very long Sad

Third Thought: OH HEY, SOMEPONY HAS GIVEN ME A CYBORG!

"First let's see if I can shock you back up..."

The unicorn shoots a jolt of lightning from his horn to the horn of the fallen newcomer.

Spoiler:
Tazed one time too Many (Thunderborn)
Characters of your race are immune to any electricity below the voltage level of an adult storm dragon’s breath, including most natural lightning. Characters of your race can also spit small bolts of electricity at will. These bolts are identical to regular lightning in many respects and, outside of combat, are capable of the sort of things that lightning can normally do.

Cracked Energy Core (Storm Hopper) - {flaw}
Something in you is fueled by electrical energy. You take no damage from lightning, thunder and electricity, and you may walk on storm clouds no matter your race; in addition, when struck by thunder, you gain 2d8 HP. In fact, you love it so much that when you don't get a jolt, you start to feel... twitchy. When you haven't been exposed to significant quantities of electricity for 24 hours, you begin to discharge your remaining electrical energy as storm clouds, which spread wherever you go and make you seem a bit unsavory; due to clouding, your trail and electricity, you take a -3 penalty to Perception, Persuasion and Stealth. Another 24 hours later, the clouds begin to strike randomly around you, dealing 2d8 to anyone they hit- which is generally allies. Another 24 hours later, you become faint, and the storms dissolve. You suffer from fatigue and a -5 to all rolls until you receive a jolt.

Electrical Heal (If I can get away with it): 2d8 = 8+3
If I can't, then I guess I'll use Miracle for 3d12 = 1+9+12, with 2 special move pips given to me and the newly revived robo-pony.

Zenith very pointedly removes his glasses and looks into the eyes of the awakening hybrid. An intense stare removing surface knowledge that could make for an ugly encounter, and removing just enough short term memory to keep the new player at a level of suggestibility.

Spoiler:
Perception: 8+20

"Oh thank goodness, I'm glad you're okay! Listen, you know I've got your flank, and I'm glad you have mine, but there isn't much time to waste. These soldiers are very violent and I believe we'll all have to fight our way out of this port together. You know what to do."
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:53 am

As the cyborg struggled up onto her feet, I suddenly realized that she looked familiar. Where was she... c'mon, Kon, think... THAT'S right, it was at that one bar! I'd bought her three vodkas! Boy, she could put it away. Too bad nothing came of it... Changelings need love, too, after all.

I'd need to be careful, though; she wouldn't recognize me now, and I couldn't recall what I looked like when I bought those vodkas... and I intended to keep it that way. I was pretty confident she didn't know I was a changeling, and she was bound to find out soon, no reason to let her make the connection yet.

Ee-nope. Let her live in mystery a while, I say...
avatar
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 24
Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Lyntermas wrote: "Captain, if you want to make a speech, do it now. I don't think they (or Shallow's surprise) will wait much longer."
Captain Zenith gave Torque a look that seemed to communicate that there were a bit more pressing matters than grandstanding.
tygerburningbright wrote: The foundation of the marine base being far too heavy for the thin layer of dirt attempting to support it forces it's self straight to the bottom mere moments after Shallow manages to exit. The entire base except for the very top is quickly consumed by the shell of the hill. Outside several parts of the concrete floor are heavily cracked from the sudden shifting of the base with a few areas falling entirely into the sea. Most of the marines scramble toward the buried base in order to save whatever and whoever they can however the group at the pier instead react with pure anger.
"....Oh my. I mean, I expected something, but at this...Shallow's really taken this whole "pirating" thing to heart."
tygerburningbright wrote: Boomer is launched into the sky with a flash of light. Moments later she lands with a sickening crunch right in the midst of the group at the pier.
"WHAT IN THE FOUR BLUES WAS THAT?" As the dust started to settle, Torque could tell that it was a pony with some...metallic features? In defiance of all expectations, she appeared to still be breathing. This was certainly extraordinary; however, Torque wasn't sure if this was to be a friend or a foe. "Captain, what should we..."
Z2 wrote: "First let's see if I can shock you back up..."

The unicorn shoots a jolt of lightning from his horn to the horn of the fallen newcomer.

Zenith very pointedly removes his glasses and looks into the eyes of the awakening hybrid. An intense stare removing surface knowledge that could make for an ugly encounter, and removing just enough short term memory to keep the new player at a level of suggestibility.

"Oh thank goodness, I'm glad you're okay! Listen, you know I've got your flank, and I'm glad you have mine, but there isn't much time to waste. These soldiers are very violent and I believe we'll all have to fight our way out of this port together. You know what to do."
"...Friend it is, then," Torque said. In an attempt to give the cyborg time to recuperate, he decided to address the Marines.

"Hello, 80th Branch! I understand that today's been rather confusing, so allow me to enlighten you on a few things. That unicorn over there is Captain Zenith Gearspin. I am Torque Szarnowski, designer of that dragon glider over there. Our underground saboteur is Shallow Vibes, and Konorad...well, you'll meet Konorad soon enough. To simply state, we're taking your ship. And while I understand you have your duties, if you somehow think that the worst is over and that we're less dangerous now that we've used up the element of surprise..."

Torque pulled out his hoof-held Tesla Coil and used his magic to power it. As the lightning crackled, he started to laugh, softly at first, then increasing in volume until it reached a maniacal crescendo.

"...I suggest you run before you find out just how WRONG you are."

Persuasion:
Villainous Laughter - 1/Day
Preparation Time: 5 seconds
You perform the most devilish laugh imaginable as proof your "sinister intent", complete with crackling thunder and a few flashes of lightning. For the next ten minutes you gain a +5 bonus to persuasion checks involving intimidation and a +10 bonus to convincing other creatures that you’re evil.

Persuasion: 8(1d20) + 11 + 5 (VL) = 24

After giving enough time for those who wished to run, Torque said,"Come on, fellows. Let's show these Marines what we can do!" Torque started pulling out the weapons he designed. Some of them needed some more testing, and this seemed like a perfect opportunity.

Combat:
Initiative: 18
[+1] Tesla Coil (Noxious Mixture) - Standard Attack
Deal 2d4 damage to target creature. If the creature is suffering from a (save
ends) condition, deal 1d12 damage to the creature instead.

[+2] Passive Forcefield (Perfect Focus) - Standard Utility
You gain resist 3 until the end of your next turn. At the start of your next turn, if you have not taken damage since you last used this ability, you gain 2 more pips.

[-2] Flash Bombs (Splash it in Their Eyes) - Standard Attack
Deal 5 damage to target creature and each creature adjacent to it, and those creatures suffer a -3 penalty to damage (save ends).

[-7] Supercharged Tesla Coil (Acid Rain) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d12 acid damage to up to seven creatures. Deal an additional 1d12 damage to creatures suffering from (save ends) effects.

[-8] Mind Messer (Family Recipe) - Standard Attack
Target creature is dazed (save ends), weakened (save ends), suffers a -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends) and suffers vulnerability 5 (save ends).

HP: 30
Pips:4
Status: Ready for a fight...


Zarhon, Grey Pen, if you got something showy, I think now's the time to do it.
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

A few of the marines begin to waver but a single look from their officer is enough to get them back in line.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:10 pm

(Disregard this post.)


Last edited by Grey Pen on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 24
Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Once you destroy the final support of the chamber's roof large portions of wall and ceiling begin to crumble. The foundation of the marine base being far too heavy for the thin layer of dirt attempting to support it forces it's self straight to the bottom mere moments after Shallow manages to exit. The entire base except for the very top is quickly consumed by the shell of the hill. Outside several parts of the concrete floor are heavily cracked from the sudden shifting of the base with a few areas falling entirely into the sea.
Shallow, both out of gratitude to the spirits and out of sheer glee over the scale of his accomplishment, takes his time to perform and chant a spirit dance amidst the chaos, as he heads over to rejoin with his companions.
Most of the marines scramble toward the buried base in order to save whatever and whoever they can however the group at the pier instead react with pure anger.
Shallow finishes his chant a few meters away from the furious marines. He ignores them as he speaks to Zenith:
"Hoo yah! I'm back, mah' red Captain! One big distraction and partin' gift for da marines, delivered and served wit' a smile! Shall we introduce ourselves?"
Boomer is launched into the sky with a flash of light. Moments later she lands with a sickening crunch right in the midst of the group at the pier.
Shallow is almost knocked off-balance by the shockwave of the juju-bodied mare striking the ground. He checks on his jar, then at the mare, before concluding:
"Looks like da' spirits bein' mischievous, today! Da' sky be rainin' mares! Too bad dem' aim be off. See why yah' can't go about wit' an inebriated mind, mah' buffalo bruddah? Somepony always gets hurt, wen' yah' ain't hurtin' yahself!"
He looked expectantly at the encroaching marines, as well as his companions.
"Well? Ain't nopony try and help da' poor soul?"
"Oh thank goodness, I'm glad you're okay! Listen, you know I've got your flank, and I'm glad you have mine, but there isn't much time to waste. These soldiers are very violent and I believe we'll all have to fight our way out of this port together. You know what to do."
Shallow moved in between his allies and the angry marines, patting Zenith on the head:
"Now now, captain! I always approve of makin' new friends, but a brawl wit' strangers hardly be someting' ta' bond about, someting' I'm sure our new sky-gifted lady friend agrees!"

"Hello, 80th Branch! I understand that today's been rather confusing, so allow me to enlighten you on a few things. That unicorn over there is Captain Zenith Gearspin. I am Torque Szarnowski, designer of that dragon glider over there. Our underground saboteur is Shallow Vibes, and Konorad...well, you'll meet Konorad soon enough. To simply state, we're taking your ship. And while I understand you have your duties, if you somehow think that the worst is over and that we're less dangerous now that we've used up the element of surprise..."

Torque pulled out his hoof-held Tesla Coil and used his magic to power it. As the lightning crackled, he started to laugh, softly at first, then increasing in volume until it reached a maniacal crescendo.

"...I suggest you run before you find out just how WRONG you are."

Persuasion Roll:
Persuasion: 8(1d20) + 11 + 5 (VL) = 24
After Torque's little spectacle, Shallow moved up close to the marines, eyes closed and a grin on his face. He spoke:
"Hello there, bruddah's! As my electric friend said, I be Shallow Vibe, gravedigger by trade, spirit-talker by blood, and loyal crew-member of dis' little band of naval looters. Yah' probably have noticed dat' yah' base be a bit shaken from mah' actions, and I can see from da' red on yah' faces, dat' yah' resent it. I say truly, dat' it be notin' personal against yah', it be someting' I had ta' do. And I hope yah' understand, when I kindly ask yah' to quell yah' fury, for it be workin' against yah' right now.

I know wat' yah' jobs are like... Endless training, patrols, chores and pandering ta' da' rich and powerful, earning da' ire of both pirates and da' very common folk yah' job is ta' protect... And den' wen' trouble comes, yah' risk gettin' beaten, bruised, or killed, sent ta' fight by World Goverment, witout' a care in their hearts... I understand... Yah' duties are ones not often carried out in pride or joy, so much as boredom, need, or duty. Yah' all have families, friends, bruddah's and sistah's, mare-friends, special someponies and foals yah' care ta' support and protect.

We got noting' against yah' for da' time being, and will gladly leave yah' in peace, once we passin' along on dat' fine ship. I'm sure yah' can tell from da' state of yah' base dat' me and mah bruddah's aint' yah' average folk. Yah' can go fight us now, blinded by yah' rage, and come back to them, bruised, shamed, and broken, or yah' can let mah' bruddah's leave in peace, and come back ta' dem' wit' da story of how yah' faced a pirate in da' eye and came back witout a bruise.


Shallow winked at one of the stallions, wearing a certain shiny metal as proof of his marital status.
"After all, noting' like a brush wit' danger and bravery ta' rekindle da' love, hehehe!"

"So now, my bruddah's... It be up ta' you. How do yah' want dis' story ta' end? Do we get out of each otha's pretty manes, or will we be regretfully leavin' yah' wit' a more lastin' memento of our departure? Da' base be in shambles, and I'm sure yah' be needed elsewhere..."

Torque's Persuasion Roll Interrupt:

To dissuade, intimidate and/or persuade the marines from attacking us, or diffuse the encounter peacefully, Shallow adds +40 to Torque's persuasion check (Two uses of "The stare", with and without the "spellchild" racial):

Persuasion: 8(1d20) + 11 + 5 (VL) + 20 (Spellchild - Stare) + 20 (The Stare) = 64

Spellchild (4) - The Stare
During character creation, a character of your race can choose one of its Magic talents. Once per day, the character can use that talent without spending a Magic point.

The Stare – Magic Interrupt - [Spellchild]
Trigger – You or an ally you can see makes a Persuasion check.
Effect – After seeing the result of the roll, you can choose to add a +20 bonus to the check.

Alternate action, if above isn't good enough:


...if the added +40 is not enough to work, Shallow will instead uses the "element of kindness" (instead of an extra "stare") to stop the commanding officer, coupled with boosting Torque's roll by +20.

Persuasion: 8(1d20) + 11 + 5 (VL) + 20 (Spellchild - Stare) = 44

Sharing Kindness (It’s an easy feat.) - Magic
Make one hostile creature temporarily non-hostile. Target hostile creature is not hostile for the next five minutes or until something happens that would cause it to become hostile again. For example, you might calm an enraged guard long enough to explain the situation, but attacking him mid-conversation would cause him to be hostile once more.
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Several of the marines break ranks but upon seeing the buried base they unanimously return and if anything are even more enraged something tells you that many of their loved ones were inside the base. As the marines return the officer addresses you “If surrender now you shall be given a fair trial as bandits rather than the customary hanging trial for pirates that would be administrated if you were to fight or flee.”

roll breakdown:
Persuasion: 8(1d20) + 11 + 5 (VL) + 20 (Spellchild - Stare) = 44 +3 from Torque's arguement -7 from Shallow's arguement - situational "bonus" (surrounded and destroyed their base) -10 (Shallow being so nonchalant) +4 total =34
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:55 pm

(OOC: Nat 1ed the skill check... MIND GAMES ARE GO!)

Boomer looked dizzy as she looked into the pony'e eyes and slowly nods as she trusted wholeheartedly that that stallion's words were true. "Kay Boss..." The robotic mare said out loud, then turns get ready to fight.

combat info:
initiative: 4

[+4] Powder Keg Flare (Trance) - Standard Utility*
You suffer vulnerability 4 until the end of your next turn.

[+2] Self-Repair (Survival Skills) - Standard Utility*
You regain 1d12 hp.

[-1] Weapon Left (Whirling Blades) - Minor Attack*
Deal 1d4 damage to target creature. If you roll a 3 or higher, the creature suffers vulnerability 1 to your attacks until the end of your next turn.

[-3] Strong Right (Furious Rage) - Standard Attack*
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature. If you are bloodied, you 3d12 damage instead.

[-9] Combat Mode Shift (Wild Abandon) - Minor Utility*
For the rest of the battle you may deal +3d6 damage on one single-target attack each round and you suffer Vulnerability 4.
stats:
HP: 11 + 4 (temp)
Pips: 4
Condition: BRAINWASHED BUT NOT CRAZY!
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:30 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Several of the marines break ranks but upon seeing the buried base they unanimously return and if anything are even more enraged something tells you that many of their loved ones were inside the base. As the marines return the officer addresses you “If surrender now you shall be given a fair trial as bandits rather than the customary hanging trial for pirates that would be administrated if you were to fight or flee.”

....Clarity is often as much a curse as it is a blessing. Clarity was what struck Torque's mind as he saw the scared ranks stop at the sight of the base and then slowly come back to face us, with a determination that implied more than duty. Up until this point, Torque had been carried away by the dream: swashbuckling pirates, seeking fortune and fame, with crewmates that stuck with you through thick and thin, fighting the oppressive World Government. But what he was seeing was a bunch of ponies who were concerned whether this bunch of strangers had just killed their friends and loved ones. And for what? To make an impression? To win a contest set by a dragoness who had tried to shoot at them earlier today?

Were they the bad guys? Is this how the Szarnowski name would be remembered? Would Starmane even want them on her crew when this was over? And if so, would we want to be on hers?

Hindsight, unfortunately, doesn't always help the present. Torque had made his bed, and now he had to sleep in it. "...I'm afraid we're past that point, Officer," he said somberly. "We aren't planning to surrender, so we each must do as we must. Prepare yourself."


So, I think all that is left is for Zarhon to post his combat stuff, and then we can start combat.
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:17 pm

(Well, nice to see my magic point/racial did absolutely nothing... Since everyone is so adamant to fight, might as well get it on.)

As the marines return, Shallow sighs. He hoped they wouldn't be stubborn enough. Now they risk getting actually hurt by his allies, if not himself, for all the good his speech did. It's a shame how bravery and determination can get in the path of another's kindness.
“If surrender now you shall be given a fair trial as bandits rather than the customary hanging trial for pirates that would be administrated if you were to fight or flee.”
"We both know dat' wouldn't be da' case, bruddah. Even if it was, we'd get noting' but a trip ta' slavery, torture or eternal imprisonment, treated cruelly for da' rest of our lives. Does dat' sound fair ta yah'? If a beatin' is wat' yah' need ta' cool dat' hot head of yours', den', by all means, go ahead. I ain't a fool ta' rush in, or cruel enough ta' have otha's do so under mah' command. You can have yah' own men's health on yah' own conscience now, I be defendin' mah' friends, and mah' freedom."

Combat stuff:

Initiative -> nat20

[+2] Celestia’s Light - Standard Utility
All allies gain 3 temporary hit points.

[+1] Demand Duel - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature. If that creature damages one of your allies on its next turn, that creature suffers 1d8 damage.

[-2] Blink - Interrupt Utility
Trigger - An enemy targets you with an attack.
Effect - Flip a coin. If heads, you are not affected by the attack. If tails, gain 5 temporary hp.

[-3] Blast From The Past - Standard Utility
You cease to exist and can take no actions until the start of your next turn. While you do not exist, you cannot affect any creature and no creature can see or affect you in any way. At the start of your next turn, you reappear and deal 1d12 damage to target creature and all creatures adjacent to it.

[-7] Granite Axe – Minor Utility
You conjure a Granite Axe in your hands. You can dismiss the Granite Axe as a free action. While you are wielding a Granite Axe, you cannot use your other combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

Stone Skin - Trait
You have resist 1. If you already have resistance, increase that resistance by 1.

[+3] Earth’s Embrace – Standard Attack
Target creature takes 3 damage and you gain resist 2 until the end of your next turn.

[+1] Strength of Stone – Standard Attack
Deal 1d8+X damage to target creature, where X is the number of temporary hit points you have.

[-1] Stone Strike – Standard Attack
Roll 2d4. Deal that much damage to target creature and you gain that many temporary hit points.

[-2] Grasping Granite - Reaction Attack
Trigger - An enemy deals damage to an ally,
Effect - Deal 2d8 damage to the triggering enemy and that enemy is weakened (save ends).

[-4] Earthquake - Standard Attack
Deal 2d10 damage to up to six enemies. Those creatures cannot attack your allies until the end of your next turn. The Granite Axe vanishes.
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:37 pm

"Da earth be on our side, bruddah's."
Shallow quickly pulls soil from the newly-created cracks in the floor, forming minor earthen barriers to protect his allies.

Spoiler:

[+2] Celestia’s Light - Standard Utility
All allies gain 3 temporary hit points.

HP: 30 + 3 T.Hp.
PiPs: 4 + 2 = 6
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Torque got out his Tesla Coil and started to charge it up. Normally, he would have to expend much more energy to try and hit multiple targets, but the Marines had formed a dense crowd rather than spreading themselves out.

"This may sting a bit," Torque said as lightning burst from the Coil into the crowd. Due to the blinding effects of the flare from earlier, most of the Marines weren't able to brace themselves for the electric shock, making it seem to hurt much more.

"I think it would be wise to leave the officer alone for the moment," he said to the others. Shallow's speech seemed to have affected the officer somewhat. He wasn't going anywhere, and he seemed determined to keep his troops in order, but Torque didn't see the sheer rage that would provoke him to directly attack. Torque was perfectly willing to keep him from directly interfering for as long as possible.

Combat Talent:
[+1] Tesla Coil (Noxious Mixture) - Standard Attack
Deal 2d4 damage to target creature. If the creature is suffering from a (save
ends) condition, deal 1d12 damage to the creature instead.

Target: 20 Marines
Damage: (1d12) => 5

Stats:
Health: 30 + 3 Temp
Pips: 4 + 1 = 5
Status: Normal
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Seeing the fighting begin, I laid down as low as I could in order to avoid the worst of whatever else got thrown at me.

Juust a liittle longer. Wait for the perfect shot...

Initiating...:

As I said, I rolled an 11, plus 5 makes 16.

Talents:
(+1) Gather Energy
(+2) Survival Skills
(+3) Take Aim
(-1) Whirling Blades
(-7) Wild Abandon

Actions:

(+1) Gather Energy
You may take two Standard Actions on your next turn.

Status:

PiPs: 5
HP: 30
Status: Waiting for a clear shot.
avatar
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 24
Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 pm

The burst of lightning arcing from pony to pony knocks out five of the marines.
The officer bellows out from the rear “FIRE ON MY MARK! MARK!” All except one of the marines open fire but just under half of the shots fail to hit anything seven find their targets and one lodges itself into a supposed ally.


Damage :
8+5=13 zenith
2 Konrad
6 Boomer
5+8=13 Shallow
2+7=9 Torque
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Z2 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:35 am

Feeling a little guilty, a little overwhelmed, and a little disappointed in his lack of violent fancy entrances; Zenith stands firm, looking like he's trying very hard to ignore the bullets that just came his way.

Spoiler:
[+2] What damage? (Healing Salve) - Standard Utility
You or target ally regains 1d10+2 hp.

On Zenith
4+2 = 6

Final Status: 6 Pips, 23 Hp, Status Clear

P.S. Does my spiked armor do 3 damage (or 2 lots thereof) to the marines?
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum