Things Screwball Can No Longer Do in Pony Tales: AoH

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Things Screwball Can No Longer Do in Pony Tales: AoH

Post  Hayatecooper on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 pm

237. Just because I'm playing a Changeling doesn't mean I have to be play a backstabbing traitor.
238. Just because I can change into the party, I don't have to use that to exclusively get them blamed for my messes
239. Looking after children is a commitment and not a perk
240. If I betray the party, I am not allowed to bitch if my boss back-stabs me right after
241. Punching Celestia, Luna, Discord etc is more likely to get me killed then create lulz
242. Just because you can use Laughter in an enclosed space, doesn't mean I must
243. Phase Step must not be exclusive used for sneaking into the bathroom while my team mates are showering and stealing their towels
244. Hugging the big bad will NOT make the fact I destroyed his plans better
245. I may not become the Big Bad just because I want to wear "his cool outfit"
246. I am no longer allowed to use Memory to Mist just because my first choice of pickup lines failed.
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 am

247. Talking ceases to be a free action if I monologue past 10 minutes.
248. Harvesting the wings of fallen foes and comrades does not grant me the flying utility talent for free.
249. This also applies to every other racial.
250. If my character does not age while others do, I am not allowed to roleplay crying over my teammates graves in a flash-forward.
251. If I see a way to get 7 magic points in one day, at level one, without the help of my allies I am to resist temptation.
252. Though valid, it is in poor taste to record the specific DC you coaxed the PH into giving while talking about a nearly impossible task; just in case you manage to get a bonus high enough to make it later.
253. Mind controlling a creature into liking me so that I can remove pre-existing mind control with the Element of Loyalty has repercussions.
254. Even if they did try to kill you, vivisecting an NPC while your allies are still talking to them is frowned upon.
255. There is no such thing as a 'Self-Control Check'
256. If I am a changeling, I cannot use my abilities to turn into a 'slightly-different changeling' gratuitously.
257. I cannot keep the element of loyalty if I randomly murder an ally
257a. In fact, sufficiently extreme behavior can result in the revocation of any element save laughter or magic
257ab. Though technically a point, simply saying 'Applejack' will not prevent me from losing the element of honesty
258. No matter how much the PH chuckles at my jokes, I do not get to automatically activate laughter.
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Legendary Star King on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:12 am

259: I may not use Form of the Dolphin to drown NPC's.

260: Or myself.

261: My plan cannot include the phrase "unless he can swim in jelly"

262: I cannot swim in jelly.

263: There is no circumstance in which "throw my ally" is an acceptable strategy.

264: Especially if I know what's on the other side of the wall.

265: Flame On! is not to be used for cooking my animal companion.

266: My allies cannot be considered 'emergency rations'.

267: I cannot use Create Crazy Contraption to make a washing machine without a good reason.

268: There is no 'good reason' to make a washing machine.

269: Summon Bigger Fish is not a valid response to any question.

Last edited by Legendary Star King on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Legendary Star King
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:16 am

Legendary Star King wrote:265: Flame On! is not to be used for cooking purposes.
Um.... I think that Utility in question disagrees...

The Talent Show wrote:Flame On! - 3/Day
Preparation Time: Instantaneous
Your body suddenly blazes with fire (Providing light, allowing cooking, etc). The fire doesn’t harm you, but it sure can affect others as well as your surroundings. Anyone trying to keep you physically restrained fails and cannot attempt it while the fire lasts, unless immune to fire (like dragons). Furthermore, you’re very likely to set any flammable object you move near on fire too. The fire lasts for 5 minutes. You can also safely extinguish it on command, or by outside influences (rain, bucket of water, hurricane winds, etc...) and it automatically extinguishes when in combat.
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 am

263: There is no circumstance in which "throw my ally" is an acceptable strategy.

I beg to differ - It's great for dispelling illusions! Not to mention that it's show-canon.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 am

270: The answer to any question posed is never 'It's Pinkie Pie, don't question it.'

271: Nor can it be 'magic' without some explaination.

272: An no, 'a Unicorn Did It' is not applicable.

273: Nor is 'discord did it'

274: Or Twilight Sparkle

275: Or 'The Big Bad'.

Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.

Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:08 pm

276. The Wife Toss is not an event at the Equestria Games.

277. Even if it were, it would only refer to tossing your own wife, not somepony else's.

278. If I betray the party, I am not allowed to complain when my Harmony is reset to 0 and I delevel to level 1.

279. I am no longer allowed to use the Fracture the Fourth Wall to shapeshift into pony versions of real people.

280. Especially the DM, the other players, or celebrities.

Spoiler:
278. If I betray the party, I am not allowed to complain when my Harmony is reset to 0 and I delevel to level 1.
A little off topic, but this might be a good reason to create an alternative leveling system. I think I proposed before an individual experience track to go along side the group experience track that is Harmony. It could gain XP by furthering personal goals and stuff like that. Useful for villain types, but there's no reason why both tracks couldn't be increased simultaneously, making it viable to groups of good guys, too. I should probably take this to a new thread if people think it merits further discussion.
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cainx13 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:34 pm

I had a player want to throw the party's Dwarf into a slime to knock the fighter out of the slime. This was over a cavern and a remote controlled fireball. I let him roll. He nat 20'd. I had to allow it. To top it off, the Dwarf was okay with the plan. Said Dwarf's player is on this forum as Ranubis.
Cainx13
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 am

281. No plan is allowed to include the phrase "Alright, you guys come in when you hear more screaming above the background screaming."

282. No plan may end with "And then I close my eyes and hope I don't go blind."

283. Ponies are not flammable creatures, even if they have coats made up of fine hair.

284. Blinding the evil cultists with the Firebreathing racial trait, then using Flame On! and running around hugging them, while technically within the rules, is frowned upon.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:10 am

285. The proper response to becoming immortal is not, "Sweet, I'm going to troll Celestia forever."

286. My character's tragic backstory is not to contain the phrase 'and then her mind snapped so now she's basically Pinkie Pie' pages in.
286b. In fact, my backstory cannot contain the phrase 'basically Pinkie Pie' anywhere within it.

287. If playing a campaign set in Equestria's past, it is not permissible to attempt to invalidate the conditions of the Mane 6's births.

288. The proper response to seeing an evil Celestia is not 'MY BODY IS READY.'
288b. The proper response to ANYTHING is not 'MY BODY IS READY.'

289. If more than 2 of the last three sessions have only been the party dealing with the aftereffects of laughter, I am to stop using it.

290. I am not allowed to attack the element of loyalty because I suspect she betrayed us.
290b. I am not allowed to attack the element of loyalty because I expect her not to fight back
290c. In fact, under no circumstances am I allowed to attack the element of loyalty

291. Becoming comatose does not cause me to reappear with full health as my alternate personality Savoir Faire

292. My 5 knowledge character cannot use any words that the PH does not know.

293. 'Comedic Omniscience' is not actually one of my abilities, no matter how many times I've been allowed to use it

294. I do not come with a 'running gag'

295. I especially do not have 'baby eating' as a running gag

296. None of the boons grant me bits through 'The Magic of Extortion'.

297. Even if I harm none, cutting down the number of pony races is not permissible

298. I am not a princess

299. I am not ANY definition of 'queen' either

300. Re-enacting movies is not a valid strategy
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greendragonking on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 pm

301. Not allowed to chain royal command + derpys lightning allowing us to change the game from having a turn order to just mob the the enemy untill they die.
302. Not allowed to Use 301 to kill a over powered encounter before round 2 finishes
303. Nor am i allowed to kill the two overpowered retalitory enemy bosses in the same way even when i was stun.(made the ph just give up)
304. Not allowed to run away from the next battle before the ph has a chance to kill me for 301-303

greendragonking
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

305: I am no longer allowed to use Forcefield while riding on a high-velocity vehicle.
306: Or Immovable on items in that vehicle.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 am

307. Not allowed to take the Big Bad Evil Guy as the "friend" in the Friends In High Places boon at level 3. No matter how flawless my logic.
308. No, not at level 6 either.
309. Nor at level 9. I should really just forget the whole thing.
310. Not allowed to take the Barony boon at level 9 in the spy campaign because "no one will suspect the popular and influential nobles of actually being secret agents!"
311. A Fanclub is also off limits.
312. A Fantastic Fandom is right out.
313. The Orbital Friendship Cannon cannot actually solve the campaign in one shot, but just to be safe it's going to be banned in case I up with a way for it to do so.

Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:33 pm

314: Chocolate is not a viable alternative to strategy.
315: Kittens are not an effective food source, projectile, or tower shield.
316: When making a banner, a fisherman is fine. The Fisherman's Wife is not.
317: Just because the show is a musical does not mean the game must be one.
318: Zomponies are not contagious to party members, I must stop shooting them in the head if they get bit.
319: Although you can technically get 78 persuasion before magic points, you cannot convince Discord that you're his father. Even at level 10.
320: You cannot substitute the power of friendship with the power of love. Even if they did in the show.
321: You definitely cannot substitute it without the knowledge of the rest of the party.
322: "Kill it with fire" should not be the first, usual, or only solution to every problem.
323: "Satan Clause" is not a valid name for a character.
324: Even if its a lawyer.
325: I cannot be a star athlete with 5 in both athletics and acrobatics just by abusing the fact NPCs don't get magic points.
326: I must stop reminding the PH of the official suggested DCs, even if they're laughably easy to beat.
327: If playing a doe, you cannot have your hart on your sleeve.
328: Some PHs take offense to characters clopping their appreciation for NPCs.
329: The Cherry family are not slavers, no matter what fanfics you might have read.
330: I am no longer allowed to explode the whole adventure in a poof of logic.
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:21 pm

331. Sunderblade is not to be used to carve statues of myself at bedtime.

332. I am not allowed to simply 'sleep out under the stars, instead' when the party encounters a mysterious cottage in the middle of the forest.

333. I do not know Hokuto Shinken
333a. Even if I do, I'm not allowed to call it that.
333b. Or do the battle cry

334. I am not to attack what was supposed to be the flavor text of the enemy's death scene.

335. Children's Books, Socks, and an Economic Distribution Atlas are not the goals of the market trip, no matter how it's justified.

336. The Sunderblade is not made so that I can 'attack the darkness'
336b. Yes, even though it DID kill the darkness that one time.

337. My character does not fear Marzipan "because it could be cyanide and we'd never know"

338. The male story furthering NPCs are not named "Hornsley, Hoofsley, and Wingsley McPlotconvenience"

339. The FEMALE story furthering NPCs are not the same thing but with 'i-n-a' replacing 's-l-e-y'.

Last edited by Z2 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:04 pm

340. If a spell, artifact, machine, or other plot device is introduced into the campaign that is "powered by love", I am not allowed to make offhand comments about the rising divorce rate every time it gets mentioned.
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MirrorImage on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm

341) There is no creature large enough to be treated as "adjacent to itself" for the purpose of Boomstick + It's Over.
MirrorImage
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm

342) I cannot summon the Hypnotoad.
342a. No, not even if I have to proper Utility Talents to do so.
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:20 am

343: A freaky knowledge trait in chocolates does not give a +5 bonus to Life, despite it being kinda like a box of them.
344: Freaky knowledge in locks does not include locks of hair, lift locks, locked emotions, or the Loch Ness Monster.
345: Pun-pun already exists in the game. Even if he doesn't. Such is the nature of Pun-pun. He is not pleased by your attempts to remake him.
346: There are no acceptable uses for the Fabricate talent. Ever.
347: Our characters cannot begin the game by whittling some dice and playing 3.5e.
347a: Or any other tabletop game, for that matter.
348: I may not make a violently racist character.
349: Though strictly part dragon, Discord is not my dragon mentor if I take the destiny.
350: When earth ponies go to "plow some fields", "sow their oats", and "pick fresh cherries", I must refrain from making wry commentary.
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:26 am

351. I may not purposely interpret words as their homonyms. Not even if I critically fail a cutie mark'd perception check.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:42 am

352. Nobody likes a Tattletale.

353. Utilities cannot be used for Combat, no matter how gloriously imaginative and devastating the combo might be.

354. If a talent has a preparation time, then that's time best spent imagining the consequences of what I'm about to do. It will not be "an accident".

355. Exploiting the mental deficiencies of an NPC for personal gain, while valid, is not nice.

356. Not every colt or filly I meet on the street is an orphan, and I must not keep telling them that they are.

357. ESPECIALLY if they are.

358. Defecation on a teammate is unacceptable, and grounds for immediate retribution.

359. Simultaneous stealth checks between myself and an ally in order to pretend to be each other's Imaginary Friend is time consuming, and does nothing to advance the goals of the group.

340. I may not reflavor "Instant Party" as "Story Time", and then use it to eat up 3 hours of a session.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cainx13 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:46 am

353. Utilities cannot be used for Combat, no matter how gloriously imaginative and devastating the combo might be.
Funny thing about that... phase step+knife. An idea I had a while back
Cainx13
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 am

Cainx13 wrote:

Utilities can totally be used for combat. By which I mean negating combat, via giant levitated boulder or teleporting an enemy off a cliff, or setting them on fire Smile Taking out enemies before a fight with your utilities is one of the most effective combat strategies. Your DM just has to be able to take it in stride.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:19 pm

SilentBelle wrote:
Cainx13 wrote:

Utilities can totally be used for combat. By which I mean negating combat, via giant levitated boulder or teleporting an enemy off a cliff, or setting them on fire :) Taking out enemies before a fight with your utilities is one of the most effective combat strategies. Your DM just has to be able to take it in stride.
This. Part of the purpose of utilities are to avoid combat, sometimes more directly than others. They just can't be used as combat. Using Phase Step + Knife is completely valid, as it never even gets you into combat. You either take the character hostage, or kill them outright, and combat is avoided. If you're in the middle of combat, and you think of a way to end it through the use of utilities, and your GM is okay with it, then go for it. Utilities can even inflict damage if your GM feels like it. What you can't do is use utilities as if they were combat talents in order to enhance combat. Just because you're Fireborn, for example, doesn't mean you can inflict damage with your fire breath if you don't have a combat talent to back that up. You can, of course, set the room on fire in the hopes that the enemy will flee, though.
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 pm

361: I mustn't derail topics, no matter how little the system makes sense. :p
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down