Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC)

+8
Doc pseudopolis
Lyntermas
Xel Unknown
A1C Bronymous
Curunir
Paper Shadow
Grey Pen The Flawed
elfowlgirl
12 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC)

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Xel - I'm okay with one-point ponykinesis, but I'm gonna go with Dan's note on this one... If you want a similar talent, though, I'd go with Generosity.

Bronymous - Honor has a close PT equivalent (instead of teleporting, it's a +30 bonus), although it's a combat talent (I'll Rainbow Dash to Your Side). I'd suggest taking Magic instead, so you have more options available but can still use it. If you want to stay with Honor, however, that's fine.

Grey Pen - I'd like to keep unofficial stuff out of this, especially because the concept (at least in its current state) will likely go through numerous changes, perhaps even while playing. Sorry.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Yeah I liked the element when I first saw it... But never looked at it the way you all have pointed out to me. So while I still think it's a cool idea, it's a good deal more boring then I thought it'd be when I first built Tick-Tock. I'll shift over to Laughter in fact.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:14 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:Grey Pen - I'd like to keep unofficial stuff out of this, especially because the concept (at least in its current state) will likely go through numerous changes, perhaps even while playing. Sorry.

S'okay; just thought I'd ask.

Lemme see, how long will I need... If I haven't got some sort of character sheet by Monday morning, go ahead and let someone else have my spot.

Also, one-point PK is nice. If mildly irritating, as I now have 1 point extra, and not much idea of how to use it...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Meet Tick-Tock The Clockwork Alicorn I hope you like her. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Meet Tick-Tock The Clockwork Alicorn I hope you like her. :3

It says I need permission?
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:42 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:Bronymous - Honor has a close PT equivalent (instead of teleporting, it's a +30 bonus), although it's a combat talent (I'll Rainbow Dash to Your Side). I'd suggest taking Magic instead, so you have more options available but can still use it. If you want to stay with Honor, however, that's fine.

No, I don't like that talent- at least not for this character. I guess I can do Magic, it'll be a good catch-all for all of the other things he should be able to do, but so far can't.

But what about the other thing? Extra Trained skill, and balance points to the others, or just remove it?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Bronymous wrote:But what about the other thing? Extra Trained skill, and balance points to the others, or just remove it?

Remove it.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:54 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Meet Tick-Tock The Clockwork Alicorn I hope you like her. :3

It says I need permission?
*faceplam* First time that's ever happened to me. Fixed that.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Xel - Awesome, approved!
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:17 pm

Change my tentative request to an actual one...

Introducing Smoke Screen the Pegasus!
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Change my tentative request to an actual one...

Introducing Smoke Screen the Pegasus!

Sweet, approved!
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:23 pm

That's an odd choice for a healing move considering the special.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Ramsus wrote:That's an odd choice for a healing move considering the special.
Admittedly, yes, but you can choose not to activate your special move, and I would only really take it in a 1v1 situation anyway...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:37 pm

*shrug* Just odd that you wouldn't take Second Sunrise instead since the plan is clearly "Crifisher till I get free moves".
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:56 pm

Bleh, I don't want to wait till Monday to see if Penny and/or Doc drop out of the running (though I can't see how Doc's chances are very good considering his level of activity in other games).

Chocolate Flurry

The Blood Weapon listed there is the one thematthew made and the Air Guitar is my own creation. I'd have to get a response from Elfy about batponies in the setting to know what sort of background story to give the character. (Not that it matters if I don't end up getting to play I suppose.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:23 am

Blah! This is too bland and flavorless... ADD SOME PLEASE? Other then that I do think your build's cool Ramsus.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:34 am

Ok, combat stuff now has flavor. Couldn't really do anything about Utilities and like said before, have to wait for info/a spot for backstory flavor. Items aren't getting flavor as they're just "natural toughness" style and really I just view them completely as a mechanic most of the time since largely magic rings, guns, and armor don't fit most characters.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:19 am

Okay, I have a fairly basic first draft in text format. Here we are:

Meet Moonlit Creek:

Flavor to be determined later.

EDIT: Paper Shadow, your pegasus is short two attribute points...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 am

Remember Grey, this world there is no known day, night, sun, or moon. You may need to rename your character and change the Cutie Mark...

Also, thanks for the heads up. I was worried my Horse-Sense wasn't high enough...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:57 am

Oops. Yeah, I meant it when I said "first draft".

Also, glad to help! We need some more Horse Sense.

Actually, everyone needs more Horse Sense, just in general.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Oops. Yeah, I meant it when I said "first draft".

Also, glad to help! We need some more Horse Sense.

Actually, everyone needs more Horse Sense, just in general.
Horse Sense is pretty darn good. Perception allows you to spot trouble in all situations (especially since people usually forget it can be used to tell if someone is lying), Persuasion allows you to get whatever you want, and, while in the past I have looked down upon Streetwise, I have realised that it's more like a different type of Knowledge check. In 3.5, there's 10 different Knowledge skills, not including Bardic Knowledge, ranging from arcana to dungeoneering to nobility and royalty to the different planes. In Pony Tales, you have History for stuff in the past, and Streetwise for stuff in the present. It's not as important as the other two, but it's not as useless as I thought...

Endurance and Heal still fails to impress me though. As I see it, they require the GM to throw something in your way for you to use them, usually an illness, curse, or dangerous weather conditions. All the other checks can be used by players when they want to, but Endurance and Heal are more like reaction skills, and as such, far too situational to build into. That's why people usually put more points into Precision instead of Brawn unless they are making a Athletics Character. Athletics is better than Acrobatics, but Mechanics and Stealth has far, far more use than Endurance...

(In before Smoke Screen dies horribly due to poor Endurance rolls)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:(In before Smoke Screen dies horribly due to poor Endurance rolls)

Hence my decision to take Endurance and Healing Wink

I'm not gonna start a tangent on how those two skills (not to mention Stunts and somewhat Streetsmarts) are universally under utilised (alliteration FTW!); I'm contemplating making a Random Injuries table just for the purpose of making both easier to bring up.

Instead, I'm gonna take my chances. If I never use either check once, so be it; but that's what is appropriate to my character concept, and I am willing to suffer for it if the GM never does see fit to make use of it.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Well, Endurance, Heal, History, and Streetwise are all basically varied in usefulness depending on the setting. The reason I made Chocolate Flurry not be a Horse-Sense secondary character is because 1) I realized to be good at weather-crafting it basically has to be the only thing you really focus on. 2) A LOT of people do High Precision Secondary Horse-Sense fliers. 3) If I had good Athletics and Endurance my flier could carry things/people and I can still be good at Stealth (and mid-flight Mechanics checks for no logical reason). Because if there's one thing I've learned, when your party doesn't all fly, often someone needs to be carried by someone else who does.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Ramsus wrote:Well, Endurance, Heal, History, and Streetwise are all basically varied in usefulness depending on the setting. The reason I made Chocolate Flurry not be a Horse-Sense secondary character is because 1) I realized to be good at weather-crafting it basically has to be the only thing you really focus on. 2) A LOT of people do High Precision Secondary Horse-Sense fliers. 3) If I had good Athletics and Endurance my flier could carry things/people and I can still be good at Stealth (and mid-flight Mechanics checks for no logical reason). Because if there's one thing I've learned, when your party doesn't all fly, often someone needs to be carried by someone else who does.
Clearly, the correct answer is to bully any player who doesn't take flight into taking flight...

Anyway, when can we expect this campaign starting up?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Anyway, when can we expect this campaign starting up?

I want to have it up once we have all six players - so by Monday, hopefully.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next