Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Not Broken - Just Cool [Share Your Cool Combinations]

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:33 am

Wild Abandon doesn't stack? Huh.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:56 pm

Here's what I call the Support/Berskerer/Nuke build:

Level 2

Combat Talents:
[+4] Trance - Standard Utility
You suffer vulnerability 4 until the end of your next turn.

[+2] Defensive Fighting - Standard Attack (replacable talent with any other +pip attack move, but my opinion the two resist this one gives is your best option for this build)
Deal 2 damage to target creature and gain resist 2 until the end of your next turn.

[+1] Redirect Focus - Minor Utility
You are dazed until the end of your next turn.

[-9] Berserker’s Rage - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle you suffer Vulnerability 4, and once per round when you make a single-target attack, you may have that attack deal +3d6 damage.

[-X] Payday - Standard Attack
Roll Xd4. Deal that much damage to target creature. For each 4 you roll, you and target ally each gain 1 energy.

Trait:
Gold is Power
You gain 2000 more gold to spend on combat items

Items:
Chain of the Drunken Master - 1000 Gold
Armor
While you are dazed, you may roll twice on all die rolls and use either result.

Amulet of Adrenaline - 5000 Gold [Created by LoganAura]
Trinket
You begin battles with 7 pips instead of 4.

Combat Plan:
Turn 1:
Standard: Trance
Minor: Berserker’s Rage

Turn 2:
Standard: Defensive Fighting
Minor: Redirect Focus

Turn 3:
Standard: Payday (spend all pips you got, gives you the best odds of pip-regain thanks to the daze roll-twice power the armor gives and give high attack power)

Turn 4:
Repeat from Turn 2

This build I've only used one with the Self-Daze effects, but it's really fun to use, and gives you INSANE pips for yourself and an ally. So as the combat goes on you get stronger and stronger.
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:11 am

Looks fun, good work
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Okay, this is slow moving but really cheap, so there's almost undoubtedly item ways to make it faster.
Required Talents:
[+1] Redirect Focus - Minor Utility
You are dazed until the end of your next turn.

[+1] Gather Energy - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

[-10] Royal Command - Standard Utility
You and up to four allies can take a Standard Action. If that action deals damage, it deals 1d8 additional damage.

[+4] Dark Bargain - Standard Utility
You suffer 2 ongoing damage (save ends), vulnerability 2 (save ends), and a -2 penalty to damage (save ends).
Other [+4] talents work fine, I just prefer dark bargain.

Turn 1:
Dark Bargain
Redirect Focus

Turn 2:
Gather Energy

Turn 3:
Royal Command->Dark Bargain
Dark Bargain
Redirect Focus

Repeat Turns 2 and 3 until your allies have obliterated the enemy.
Really, I just like using Redirect focus and Gather energy to gain 2 pips at no mechanical cost. You pretty much just lose speed and a hint of versatility.

I came up with this when I didn't have access to the internet, and I'm tinkering with a completely different build right now, so if somebody wants to find traits and items that can streamline this process, feel free.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Solid support build increase the turns your allies can perform moves at good consistency.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:55 pm

One of my players ran very similar dark bargain/gather energy/redirect focus/royal command build was run in my last campaign. It worked out absolutely great. I believe he used items to up his chance of saving against Dark Bargain's effects and to keep himself alive when need be - as the build is very fragile otherwise and can't afford many pips to spend on defensive moves.

Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Actually, you should have room for one or two defensive/healing moves... if your allies don't keep you alive that is.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh there's definitely room, but spending any pips on some defensive interrupt/reaction breaks up and delays your main strategy. Spending standard actions on healing is also kind of suboptimal. Items or traits fill the gap nicely.

Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Going with the Full Plate Armor and that +3 to Save Ends Ring, and you do mitigate a good deal of the drawback with that Super-Royal Command Build. But you are still to some degree fragile even then. Though also with this system... It is a lot fun being fragile, even more so when you got a good healer on the team.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:55 pm

You might want to take the armor that lets you keep pips if you go below 0 hp, this build is painful when it gets knocked down right when it has a ton of pips.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:15 am

Okay, I had a post written, then the site ate it. so I'm going to do the short version.
straight/"best" Survivability items+traits:
Phoenix Cape - 3000 gold
Iron Shield - 1500 gold
Armor of Energy Storing - 1000 gold
Phoenix Rising - trait
Perfect Guard - Trait
This is a level 3 build, using all gold and traits. Awesome.
Later supplements:
Falling With Style - Trait
Wilhelm's Whistle - 3500 gold
(These are both great things to pick up if you expect to be dying and coming back repeatedly, since they're basically balanced off the assumption that you die once.)
Blood of the wolf - Trait
Mistral Haze - Trait
Initiative+save bonuses - various
WARLORD'S SPECIAL - Trait
(personal favorite, and it works great here, since you're basically granting two actions a turn, average-wise.)

Lastly, I have one new idea for speeding the build up. It lets you get off 3 Royal Commands in the first 6 rounds of battle, and requires Amulet of Adrenaline. Here's the Rotation: http://i.imgur.com/rasnRfV.png
Edit: I'm still catching up on things around here, and I just noticed the reloader items. Now that I understand how the rotation works, Those two together let you get off 8 more Royal Commands over 16 turns. Just activate one every time you use Royal Command until you run out. So you should be able to use Royal Command every other turn till the cows come home. Sweet.

Last edited by sunbeam on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 am

If you have so much anti-death stuff and you want to go down repeatedly, why not use the Ritual Knife for the extra pips? The 6 hp won't be a big deal.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 am

Oh, yeah, that can replace Redirect Focus as a minor. I shut it out because I figured if you ever had a minor action you would use RF. How silly of me. I'll see if that can change things much (which it possibly really could, but I still have a lot of stuff to catch up on.

Speaking of catching up on things, I just discovered the reloader items. Now that I understand how the rotation works, Those two together let you get off 8 more Royal Commands over 16 turns. Just activate one every time you use Royal Command until you run out. So you should be able to use Royal Command every other turn till the cows come home. Sweet.

I'm going to finish reading the other things I missed, then I'll see if Turn 1 Royal Command makes the rotation impossible...
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:31 am

Reloader is a once per battle item....
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:39 am

Oops, but the rotation layout in my edit but not my reply. Sorry. Here's how the rotation works: http://i.imgur.com/rasnRfV.png

But you can take both of them, and put them in separate trinket slots.
See, the way this combo works is that between Trance, Redirect focus, and Royal Command not actually costing a standard action, you can produce 9 pips in two turns while using Royal Command every other turn. Because the combo requires you to start at 4 pips to work from the get-go, the number of times you can use this 2-turn rotation without "wasting" a turn on Gather Energy is equal to (the number of pips you start with)-4. Also, at the end of the six turn rotation listed in that image, you have 4 pips again, because you used Trance during Royal command.
Now, what happens if you use Reloader and gain 3 extra pips as a reaction, Then we're right back at the start of the rotation, and you have 7 pips again. So you can use the 2-turn version for another 6 turns, or 10 if you used the Greater Reloader. If the battle isn't done by this time, you should consider running away from the implacable time golem or whatever immortal being your party was stupid enough to challenge.

I'm going to see how much the ritual knife alters the rotation now, I'll post it in a few minutes. I think it should just increase the number of times you can use the 2-turn rotation by 2, but not being dazed in round two could do something...

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/s3EpTrp.png
This is the rotation using Bloody ritual at the start. Turn 3's redirect focus can be used on turn 2, but that means you are dazed the turn you sit around with vuln 4, which seems dangerous. However, having vuln 4 does remove the sting of Daze's vuln 2, so that could actually be better. In the end, this lets you continue the near optimal strategy of using royal command every other turn for 10 whole turns. Again, if the battle isn't over by now, it might be unwinnable.
EDITEDIT: You know what you can throw on this build now that you don't even need Gather Energy? Adrenaline Rush.
[0] Adrenaline Rush - Immediate Reaction
Trigger - An enemy deals X or more damage to you with an attack, where X equals 1/5th of your starting health.
Effect - Flip a coin. If heads, you gain an energy.
Every pip you get in this build is one more royal command you can use. So if the battle somehow exceeds 10 turns, this could make the difference between victory and defeat.
EDITEDITEDIT: I feel silly. I forgot that with Ritual knife you can pull of Royal Command on Turn 1. Be back in a moment...
EDITEDITEDITEDIT: Okay, if you use Amulet of Adrenaline, Ritual Knife, and Reloader, you can use Royal command on Turn 1, then proceed to use it every other turn for 6 turns. Greater Reload extends that to 10 turns, and the two of them together would result in 16 turns and 8 royal commands (after the first 1), which is probably unnecessary. This lets you use  3 Royal Commands in 5 turns, which is a fantastic step up and puts the combo with the five-turn limit I usually try to keep my combos to. I'm going to post the current build as I see it in a google doc, and set it to whatever level I need to get the requisite gold, since this is an item-centered build. I'll fill in the spare traits and whatnot with my own preferences, but I'll highlight those in red. Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-AQss28Wni8SEotjqOlW7RhCYeMJVH8YKeVKiUIxPXA/edit
EDITEDITEDITEDITEDIT: Er...Dark Bargain somehow turned into Trance in my rotation. It probably has to do with the other implacable build I'm making, which uses trance. So just pretend it's Dark Bargain, since that's definitely better in this situation.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:21 am

... Am I the only one that's lost track?
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm still jet lagged. That's my excuse, anyways. Gimme a minute to read through everything and see if it makes as much sense as it did last night.

BASIC ASSUMPTIONS AND WHAT MAKES THE ORIGINAL FORM OF THE BUILD POSSIBLE

Okay, yeah, I wasn't too clear on a few things last night. I'm going to assume you were lost on everything and start that over again. Basically, this combo relies on a few important facts of the game:
-Two standard actions, both spent using a [+4] move, and a [+1] minor, ,grants you nine pips, one less than the cost of Royal command.
-Gather energy lets you take that many actions in one turn, and grants you the additional pip you need to meet the total cost of Royal Command.
-Royal command also grants you a standard action, so the turn you use it you can still build up pips for its next use.
-Since you're using a [+4] move, you after every royal command you should have at least 4 pips, the same amount you normally start the battle with. So, any combo that you can use right from the start of the battle can be used again immediately following the use of Royal command.

These three assumptions are what led to the first combo. By using Gather Energy when Dazed and Redirect focus when normal, you can gain one extra pip per turn without losing too many actions. Looking at the first two facts above, this means that in two turns you can gather the pips to use Royal Command. The kicker is that when you use Royal Command immediately after the turn you used Gather Energy (in this case on turn 3), you can gain 9 pips in one turn and use royal command. This is because of, again, the first two facts. If, on the next turn, you use Gather Energy, then the combo begins to be self-perpetuating: at the start of your second turn after using Royal Command, you will be in exactly the same situation as when you were just about to use Royal Command before: you have 10 pips and this turn you can gain 9 pips, then use Gather Energy, and another cycle is complete. The disadvantage of this combo is that because you cannot use Royal Command on Turn 1, you cannot use it at all until turn 3.

Naturally, an important facet of this game is speed. The faster you can start getting out Royal Commands, the better. So to streamline this build I tried to remove Gather Energy. I basically aimed to replace its additional pip gains with the amulet of adrenaline.

REMOVING GATHER ENERGY AND MAKING THE BUILD FASTER

Now, the first fact is worded specifically so that you need two standard actions and one minor action. These do not have to take place in one turn. They can, with Gather Energy, but we are trying to phase gather energy out. So if you use one standard action, then Redirect Focus, then a Standard action on your next turn, You can gain 9 pips over two turns. Because of the third fact, Royal Command can actually be one of these two standard actions itself. This means that every other turn, you can use Royal Command and come out with one less pip than you had before the combo started.

The problem is that you have to actually be able to use Royal Command, which means that you have to build up to 10 pips. Using Royal Command on turn 2 is difficult because you begin battle with 4 pips, and can gain 5 pips in one turn, which still brings you one pip short of using RC. However, if you have 5 or more pips, you can begin a 2-turn rotation that has a net pip cost of 1, so after every rotation you will have 1 less pip than you did at the start of this. This rotation looks like this:
Turn A (begin with X pips, where X is no less than 10):
Royal Command (X-10)
-->Dark Bargain (X-6)
Turn B
Dark Bargain (X-2)
Redirect Focus (X-1)

Redirect Focus can actually be used on Turn A, after Royal Command, but it doesn't matter which of those two options you take. The point is that if you have 10 or more pips, you can use this rotation and lose one pip over two turns. If X-1, the number of pips you have at the end of the rotation, is still high enough to use Royal Command, then you can use it again. And again, and again, until "X-1" is no longer 10 or more.

If you use the Amulet of Adrenaline, you start combat with 7 pips. If your first turn is Turn B, as listed above, you will have 12 pips. At this point, you can use the rotation 3 times, over the course of 6 turns, which will look something like this:
Start Battle (7 pips)
1:Turn B (12 pips)
2:Turn A (6 pips)
3:Turn B (11 pips)
4:Turn A (5 pips)
5:Turn B (10 pips)
6:Turn A (4 pips)
7:Turn B (9 pips)

After Turn 7, "X-1" is no longer 10 or more, so the rotation stops working. But it could continue for longer if we had just one more pip. So now we need to find ways to gain more pips without using Standard or minor actions. If we can do that, and gain pips at any point in this 7 turn setup, then we can continue to use the 2-turn rotation 1 more time for every pip we gain. There are basically 3 ways to do this: The Ritual Knife, the Reloader items, and Adrenaline Rush (the combat talent):
-The Ritual Knife can replace Redirect focus once, gaining us three additional pips. You gain two more pips the turn you don't use redirect focus, and because you're not dazed you can use redirect focus again on your next turn, gaining 4 total pips from minor actions within the 2-turn rotation instead of 1 total pip.
-The Reloader items can be used after Royal command to gain extra pips as free actions. You can use both of them in one turn, gaining 8 total pips.
-Whenever Adrenaline Rush activates (and with Vuln 2, it will be activating more often than normal) and you win the coin toss, you gain 1 extra pip. Given that this build expects you to die and recommends that you bring a phoenix item of some sort, you will probably activate this at some point.

Between all of these, you can gain 11 or more pips without once interrupting this rotation. This means that you can continue the rotation for a whopping 22 extra turns. Most of this is unnecessary, as the fight is supposed to be over on Turn 5 or 6. But being able to do it, and more importantly, to do it in multiple ways, is worth noting. Everybody likes flexibility.

FURTHER SPEED: USING ROYAL COMMAND ON THE FIRST TURN

However, speed is still an issue here. While you can use Royal Command every other turn, you can still only use it twice in 5 turns. It's kind of a downer to be building up to your third Royal Command and then watch as everyone kills the last enemies before you can do it. The only way to get off three Royal Commands in 5 turns is to use Royal Command on Turn 1 and then start the rotation. Turn 1 Royal Command is possible with the Amulet of Adrenaline and the Ritual Knife. So now we are going to find out if, using Turn 1 Royal Command and the Reloader items, it's possible to begin the rotation.
There are basically 3 different turns you can take with this build. Turn A and turn B are listed above. Turn C is your opening Turn, which I'm sure a lot of you have seen before:
Turn C: (X pips, where X is 7 or more.)
Bloody Ritual (X+3 pips)
Royal Command (X-7 pips)
-->Trance (X-3 pips)

If you use Amulet of Adrenaline, so X is 7, you have a first turn Royal Command. Good Stuff.

Now I'm going to lay out a turn order for the first 5 turns of a combat, using Turns A, B, and C. If -->Reload is after a turn, use Reload sometime during that Turn. I should never list Reload as being used after turn B, since Turn B doesn't meet the conditions for Reloader to activate. Any turn in bold is a turn on which Royal Command is used.

1: Turn C (4 pips) -->Reload (7 pips)
2: Turn B (12 pips)
3: Turn A (6 pips)
4: Turn B (11 pips)
5: Turn A (5 pips)

3 Royal Commands in 5 turns. Awesome.

Finally, I compiled all the gear and moves I would need to make this build possible, and figured out the minimum level at which the build is possible. That Level was 6, if you take Gold is Power. I put all the moves and items into a googledoc which you should be able to access: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-AQss28Wni8SEotjqOlW7RhCYeMJVH8YKeVKiUIxPXA/edit

Surprisingly, with just the three traits this build doesn't use at Level 6, there were different styles you could utilize while using this build. I sorted them into Damage, Bulk, and Support options. You can view them in red in the googledoc.

That covers everything I've done so far. I'll try to be better about writing cohesively once I've figured out how to do this rotation and use 2 royal commands in 2 turns.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:08 pm

The amount of work, though and detail put into analyzing and writing all this out is awesome. I'm tempted to set up something like 4e's Hall of Heroes - where the coolest, most interesting and most powerful builds were collected.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:19 pm

I doubt anything I make will ever go there, I never seem to be able to make anything...
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Thank you. That means a lot. Now I'm going to push the build one step further.
Note that this new incarnation of the build is a Level 10 build, as you can't get the necessary gold for it at Level 9, even with Gold is Power. Also note that this makes use of every single item slot that you have without using traits, but doesn't go over the limit. It's surprisingly elegant.

TSUNAMI OF SUPPORT: 3 ROYAL COMMANDS IN 4 TURNS
So the previous incarnation of the build used the ritual knife to produce a first turn Royal Command, and combined the reloader with the standard action given by Royal Command to keep the pip count high enough that the standard 2-turn rotation could continue afterwards, producing three Royal Commands in 5 rounds. But what if both Reloader items were used? You can take an unlimited number of free actions every turn, and using Royal Command once fulfills the conditions for using either or both of them. And between the two of them, they give you 8 pips. Combined with the 4 pips you gain during a use of Royal Command (from using Dark Bargain as your granted standard action), this grants you enough pips to begin the 2-turn rotation...starting with Royal Command.
This turn order is all but the same. You still use Turns A, B, and C, as detailed in my previous post. -->Reload will be placed directly under the turn it is used in to represent the use of reload or greater reload. Turns A and C will be in bold to represent the use of Royal Command. If I put -->Reload under Turn B, tell me, because that's an illegal move. Here we go:
Start of Battle (7 pips)
1:Turn C (4 pips)
-->Reload (7 pips)
-->Greater Reload (12 pips)
2:Turn A (6 pips)
3:Turn B (11 pips)
4:Turn A (5 pips)
5:Turn B (10 pips)
6:Turn A (4 pips)

At this point the rotation can't be continued, but you just set off 3 Royal Commands in 4 turns, and 4 Royal Commands in 6 turns. That is powerful. Also, you can continue to use the 2-turn rotation if you successfully activated Adrenaline Rush at any point in these 6 turns, which is highly likely. Once you reach the pip count listed in turn 6 (The indicator of which is that you have 0 pips left after activating Royal Command (but before using Dark Bargain)), You can begin the basic rotation, which was the original idea, involving Gather Energy, that takes two turns doing nothing before alternating between Royal Command and Gather Energy. Because the newest version of the rotation (outlined in the 6-turn layout) requires only 3 moves (Dark Bargain, Royal Command, and Redirect Focus), you can add both Gather Energy and Adrenaline Rush to the build without requiring Dangerously Talented.

As I've mentioned before, his build is very item focused, which makes the traits highly customizable. There is one more adjustment I'd like to make to the build to take advantage of this fact.

At Level 6, the build found under the "Further Speed" heading can be accomplished using Gold is Power. Using the Amulet of Adrenaline, the Ritual Knife, the Reloader, the Greater Reloader, and the Armor of Energy Storing, costs 12,500 gold. At Level 9, with Gold is Power, you have 12,000 gold. At Level 10 with Gold is Power, you have 17,000 gold. This means that while the build is impossible at Level 9, at Level 10 you actually aren't utilizing your full budget. You aren't using 4,500 gold worth of items, which is especially bad because you have a trait that increases your gold. The problem is compounded by the fact that every single item slot is fill. The solution to this problem is the trait Bling. If you take Bling, you open two more trinket slots. There are two different ways of filling these that I see. There are undoubtedly more combinations of items, but these two seem to synergize best with the build.

Option A, "the item solution":
Phoenix Cape - 3000 Gold
Trinket
Once per battle, if you are unconscious, you may regain 2d12 hp.

Amulet of Greater Protection - 1500 Gold
Trinket
You begin each battle with 10 temporary hp.
OR
Iron Shield - 1500 Gold
Trinket
Once per battle you may use the following combat talent.
[0] Endure Pain - Interrupt Utility [1/Battle]
Trigger - You would be reduced to 0 hp or less.
Effect - You are reduced to 1 hp instead.

This item setup more or less uniformly makes you hard to stop. Because you already have the Armor of Energy Storing, the phoenix cloak means you basically have 30+2d12 health, since you can remain unconscious until the start of your next turn, then activate the cape and get back up without having lost any headway. The choice between the Amulet of Greater Protection and the Iron shield really comes down to personal preference. The Amulet will consistently make you harder to kill, and give you more opportunities to activate Adrenaline Rush, while the Shield should almost ensure that you get one extra turn alive in emergency situations.

Option B, "The trait solution":
Training Certificate - 2000 Gold
Trinket
When you purchase this item, choose a trait that you meet the prerequisites for. While you have the Training Certificate equipped, you are considered to have the chosen trait. You may equip more than one Training Certificate at once, as long as the traits they supply are different from one another.

Training Certificate - 2000 Gold
Trinket
When you purchase this item, choose a trait that you meet the prerequisites for. While you have the Training Certificate equipped, you are considered to have the chosen trait. You may equip more than one Training Certificate at once, as long as the traits they supply are different from one another.

It is generally considering a waste of space to take both Gold is Power and the Training Certificate, as the two are equal and opposite, so they cancel each other out. But as I've said, the trait options for this build are extremely customizable, so if you find yourself unable to replace Gold is Power, this is one way to have 6 choosable traits at level 10.  (Bling is required to make this setup possible, as is Gold is Power, so you are basically using two traits to gain two traits. However, this also grants you the ability to use the "Further Speed" build at level 6, while still having 6 traits of your choice at level 10.* This may be especially useful if you decide to pick up a conjurer's pet to grant actions to.)
*Also, within the googledoc, the trait choices are momentarily sorted into Damage, Bulk, and Support options, and there are 3 choices in each category. It would be extremely convenient if you could just pick two of those categories and have your trait choices ready for you and your roles relatively well defined.

That should be everything. If only I could find something quite this effective to go with my other implacable build.
Also, I'll be updating the Googledoc with the Level 10 build options. I'll put the level 10 bits in Blue, the level 6 requirements in Black, and the Level 6 variable options in Red.
Googledoc link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-AQss28Wni8SEotjqOlW7RhCYeMJVH8YKeVKiUIxPXA/edit
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:23 am

I've currently got a build that has absolutely no + value moves in it and still works.
I take advantage of Energizing Amulet, Rapid Recovery and Blood pact.
On my first turn I use blood pact and a -3 move.
During the start of the next turn activate blood pact's effect before Energizing Amulet and Rapid recovery so I only lose 1HP while gaining 3. And use a -3 move. And so on for subsequent turns. There are a lot of nice moves at -3 which allows for a lot of different builds while retaining the same basic features of 3 a turn to use those moves.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 am

Having the second regeneration armour later on will also help. Nullifying the blood-pact side effects.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:45 pm

I like that Doc, it's an elegant build. You lose flexibility of course, but consistency is a huge advantage too. And it's just fun to never have to use a + power.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Simple as well. And you lose and gain flexibility really. Sure you need those items and moves, but then you can have any amount of -3's... you could also throw in some -2's and -4's for a bit more flexibility if you want.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:I like that Doc, it's an elegant build. You lose flexibility of course, but consistency is a huge advantage too. And it's just fun to never have to use a + power.
Yeah there are some things it simply can't do straight up (Most Reactions and Interrupts) and stuff which directly affects PIP/energy gain would seriously affect it, It needs the user to be at level 2 minimum (for both Rapid Recovery and Energizing Amulet, though at level 1 I guess you could take only one of them and rely on -2 moves). It's also mostly resistant to Dazing (Since outside of the first turn I only want to use one standard action a turn) and taking a Spellbook is a massive boon to it. Taking -X moves to burn off any surplus PIPs/Energy would reduce the risk of Blood Pact running amuck and causing too much damage.
Edit:
Theoretical -2 build for level one characters:

Talents:
[-X] Faith Ward - Minor Utility
You or target ally gains resist X+1 until the end of your next turn. X cannot be less that 1.
[-1] Blood Pact - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle, at the beginning of your turn, you gain 1 energy and then lose 1
HP for each energy you have.
[-2] Meditate - Standard Utility
Your next two attacks that have two or fewer targets deal +1d12 damage.
[-2] Fists of Fury - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to up to two target creatures. Those creatures suffer a -2 penalty to damage until the start of your next turn.
[-2] On My Mark! - Standard Utility
Target ally may take a Standard Action.
[-2] Saving Grace  - Standard Utility [Created by Azureink]
Up to six target creatures gain 1d10 hp.
[-2] Deathly Vigor - Minor Utility [Created by Silent Belle]
Target unconscious ally gains 2d10 temporary hp. The target may act as though it was conscious as long as it has temporary hp.
[-2] Song of Shielding - Standard Utility
When you use this talent, choose one of the following;
A) Target ally gains resist 1d10 until the end of your next turn.
B) Pay an additional 2 energy. If you do, two target allies gain resist 1d10 until the end of your next turn.
Equipment:
Lifebound Armor - 1000 gold
Armor
You gain regeneration 2.
Energizing Amulet - 2000 Gold
Trinket
At the start of your turn, if you have less than 4 energy, you may gain 1 energy.
First turn: Blood pact, Faith Ward (Or any other -X move) for 3. Second turn on: Blood Pacts effect then Energizing Amulet for 2 PIPs/Energy while taking only one damage which lifebound armour will heal and use a -2 move. This theoretical build would focus on using Meditate multiple times to power two shots of Fists of fury, with Support focused talents taking up the fifth slot depending on what the situation is. In fact thinking about it you could make with only -2 talents, considering minor actions to use up those last two PIPs, from level 2 without even using Blood Pact...hmmm...

My current build:

Talents:
[-1] Blood Pact - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle, at the beginning of your turn, you gain 1 PiP and then lose 1 HP for each PiP you have.
[-3] Furious Rage -Standard Attack
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature. If you are bloodied, you 3d12 damage instead.
[-3] Despair - Standard Attack
Deal 2d12 to up to six creatures currently suffering from (save-ends) effects.
[-3] Exploit Weakness – Standard Attack
Deal 2d8 damage to target creature. If that creature is suffering from vulnerability, deal 3d8 damage to it instead.
[-3] Spider Web - Standard Attack
Roll 1d10. Up to six target creatures suffer a penalty to damage equal to the roll result (save ends).
[-3] Contagious Curse - Standard Attack
Target creature and all creatures adjacent to it are subjected to your Contagious Curse (save ends). A creature that is suffering from your Contagious Curse suffers 5 ongoing damage.
[-3] Explosive Arrow - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature. At the beginning of that creature’s next turn, it and all creatures adjacent to it take 1d10 damage and are dazed (save ends).
[-3] Amazing Grace - Standard Utility [Created by Azureink]
Up to six target creatures gain 1d12+2 hp.

Equipment:
Spellbook - 500 Gold
Weapon
When you start a battle with this weapon equipped, you may bring all of your combat talents into battle (instead of choosing 5).
Hierophant Armor - 2000 Gold [Created by LoganAura]
Armor
You have regeneration 4.
Training Certificate) - 2000 Gold
Trinket
Energizing Amulet - 2000 Gold
Trinket
At the start of your turn, if you have less than 4 energy, you may gain 1 energy.
Vengeful Talisman - 1000 Gold
Trinket
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[0] You’ll Regret That! - Interrupt Attack [1/Battle]
Trigger - An enemy reduces you to 0 hp or below.
Effect - The triggering enemy suffers 2d8 damage.

Traits:
Persistent Hex
Enemies suffer a -3 penalty to saving throws against (save ends) effects that you bestow.
Surefire Hex
Prerequisite - Persistent Hex
You lose the benefit of Persistent Hex. Enemies must roll twice and use the lower result on saving throws made to save against (save ends) effects you bestow.
Rapid Recovery
At the beginning of your turn, if you have less than 4 pips you gain 1 pip.
Sense Weakness
Targets suffering from (save ends) effects have vulnerability 2 against your attacks.
This build focuses on Save-ends, taking advantage of Surefire hex to pull of despair on large numbers of targets or Sense weakness to deal extra damage to single targets.

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a theoretical -2 build for level one characters and my own build for reference.)

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum