Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 39 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:I'm pretty sure Scorch doesn't know everything in the world about Dragons there is to know. Besides, the name's metaphorical, not literal, right?

To provide any hints they'd either have to be accidental (in which case no roll could justify it as rolls are things you do on purpose) or you'd have to pass the History check, which would effectively mean that you'd roll to aid the same way everybody else does, young dragon.
Well, I thought it would be worth a shot if they looked at Scorch, thought about dragons, remember everything they know about caves and dragons, and possibly remember the The Dragon's Maw. A pretty long stretch which I didn't think would work, but it would be funny if it did. Of course, it seems like they didn't need it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 39 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:50 pm

casey1859 wrote:
Rolls:
Spoiler:
Well, since that 20 is a Cutie Mark Critical, you basically now own the teleporter as far as I'm concerned. Writer may decide differently, but judging by his earlier notes on DCs and Criticals your roll is the equivalent of rolling a total of 69 for the skill check...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
casey1859 wrote:
Rolls:
Spoiler:
Well, since that 20 is a Cutie Mark Critical, you basically now own the teleporter as far as I'm concerned. Writer may decide differently, but judging by his earlier notes on DCs and Criticals your roll is the equivalent of rolling a total of 69 for the skill check...

woha
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:00 pm

casey1859 wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:
casey1859 wrote:
Rolls:
Spoiler:
woha
Yep. You did good kid, although it was technically a luck-based thing with a 1/20 chance...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 39 Tumblr_m562jjH0vq1qljogoo1_500
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:36 pm

So I get the feeling that understanding that equation is going to end up being really important later. Problem is, she can only succeed on a 20. Let's assume I roll a 10, perfectly reasonable. That's a 28. +2 from Scorch is 30. I'll absolutely spend her magic point (I think she still has it since we rested) for another +10, since manipulating magical forces and/or Crystal Empire magic is basically her specialty. That's a 40. Wandering can assist for another +2 which might be enough if she rolls particularly well but, otherwise, I'm going to need someone else to chip-in a magic point, unless a bunch of people can figure-out excuses to assist as well.

Anyone willing to volunteer? Smile

Your contribution could be the difference between allowing Brilliant to become a crystalline lich and ruling the world with dark magitek advancing Equestrian scientific knowledge or being defeated by ECHO and failing the mission!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Just posting to let you all know that the fact that the Scientific Advancement Division can be acronym'd into SAD makes me inordinately happy and was a total accident. I may be retconning the other two cells into acronyms as well, we'll see.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Just posting to let you all know that the fact that the Scientific Advancement Division can be acronym'd into SAD makes me inordinately happy and was a total accident. I may be retconning the other two cells into acronyms as well, we'll see.

That's hilarious.

As per the magic point, Retro, I'm sure Wandering Eye would be happy to assist, though if anypony has Generosity, they might be a better candidate.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:03 am

Or I could just roll my first (and probably only!) CMC and render all that totally pointless. I was totally willing to mind control you and force suggest you all contributed magic points too Razz.

Department of Extremely-Rapid Plans? Ideological Division for Explication and Analysis?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:45 am

It's just as well, my Arcana check rolled a one. Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 39 Derpytongue2
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:11 am

Congratulations, Retrokinesis, your character has casually done the equivalent of proving Fermat's Last Theorem at a glance. How does it feel?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:30 am

MUHAHAHAHAH! Her ascension to black-and-red alicorn with three horns and laser eyes who is also Celestia's long-lost sister is nigh!

I mean... what? Oh, it's great! I think I'll take Freaky Knowledge (Magical Energy, Cryssssstalssssss) when I level-up. So tempted to have her go Mad With Power (TM) and take Archlich now... Razz

I sense Bugbeak is going to be important. Truly, he is a hero for the ages!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:44 pm

Just a quick question while Scorch has a light nap. Since Lifebound Armour got buffed so it only costs 1000 Gold instead of 1500 Gold, can I quickly pick up Spellbook so I have all my gold spent until the end of the dungeon, when I can properly go over Scorch's combat talents?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 pm

For those of you wondering: the proper DC for at least one of the things has been hit. At this point we're just waiting for all the checks to get in...

...so that "or" in there probably should have been an "and". Sorry.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:For those of you wondering: the proper DC for at least one of the things has been hit. At this point we're just waiting for all the checks to get in...

...so that "or" in there probably should have been an "and". Sorry.
Mind telling us which check has been succeeded? Or is it a super secret...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Somebody's gotten the Perception check down. Nobody has gotten the History.

The History will come up again (slightly easier each time) and will not have any immediate repercussions if no one succeeds this time, so don't worry about it too much.

WHOOPS MIGHT'VE SAID TOO MUCH
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Well, I asked because our highest History and Perception Score people have rolled, and Cur is away (again), so basically for any chance for the rest of us to beat that score, we'd need a crit. And if the Perception was the one that failed, I would be willing to pump up Dusk's roll with a magic point. History, maybe, but not so much...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Fair enough on all points. I won't lie though; it'd be nice if somebody critsucceeded on their History check. If nobody wants to try, I understand, and I'll update by noon tomorrow central time either way BUT

no that's about it.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:45 am

Well, I just tried, but got a 2, so...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Okay, Story Time...

So, ever since Scorch picked up Wandering Eye and pointed towards adventure, I've kinda wanted to draw it. However, drawing is hard, so when I actually got around to it, it wasn't the best drawing in the world, I made some shortcuts because of some oversights, and the shading wasn't the best in the world, so I didn't post it. But, seeing as it's Dusk's birthday today, I decided "Eh, why not", so yeah, have some bad art...

Happy Birthday:

Anyway, assuming Scorch is about the size of two ponies (judging by the sizes in Dragon Quest), it'll take us four trips on the teleporter to get us all across. Plus side is that we can take Guardy the Guard with us...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Oh, why thank you! It's pretty good (better than I'd come up with, anyway) and made me smile. I remember that scene...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Nice drawing, "Scorch", even if I'm a little late on that front. [/whoops]

Uh...so it seems like people's enthusiasm for this game has finally died out entirely? That's probably an exaggeration, but at the same time, no one's really debating one way or the other, which would mean the issue is resolved if people were undertaking a certain action, so...

...yeah.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:06 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Uh...so it seems like people's enthusiasm for this game has finally died out entirely? That's probably an exaggeration, but at the same time, no one's really debating one way or the other, which would mean the issue is resolved if people were undertaking a certain action, so...

...yeah.
Well, I posted saying go forward, and previously Deonte and Random said go back, Dusk said either, Cur is away (again), Retro is on and off the forums atm, and Casey is Casey...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:40 pm

My interest will never die out.

Of course, my vote, if any, would be forward, and so would progress things little.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RandomNumbers9041 Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Yeah, sorry, I'm on a vacation, don't really have as much time to myself as I usually do.

RandomNumbers9041
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next