Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

+8
Z2
Demonu
Zarhon
Xel Unknown
Lyntermas
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Hayatecooper
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon. - Page 2 Empty Re: Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Dammit, Zarhon, I'm already vulturing this spot, go bojack a different game's final slot.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon. - Page 2 Empty Re: Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

Post  Hayatecooper Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Still a day or two more. Waiting on Dusk Raven to see comes from them, and of course see if anyone else wants in who hasn't had a chance to play skype yet.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:24 pm

Bronymous wrote:Dammit, Zarhon, I'm already vulturing this spot, go bojack a different game's final slot.

I was vulturing before it was cool. Cool I'd probably have had a guaranteed spot (Along with Demonu/Yawn/Xel/Phil), were it not for a misunderstanding when the campaign was tossed around on Skype and total lack of info until recently. Curious about seeing/hearing Lynt play as well!

There any chances of having 7 PC slots? Or is that too many people to handle ("up to six allies" abilities and such can be altered slightly, if that is a problem).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:35 pm

7 slots is way to much. 6 is the max I'll go to.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Yeah, but then again you could still be in a skype game right now. I didn't have that option, and I had hoped that the fact that Hayate and I were in the same boat on that one, that would have counted for something, but I wasn't invited to where it was "tossed around" either.

I feel so betrayed.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Yes, fight my peons. Fight for my amusement!
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Something else, though, keep in mind that weekly guest star idea.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Can do.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Bronymous wrote:Yeah, but then again you could still be in a skype game right now. I didn't have that option, and I had hoped that the fact that Hayate and I were in the same boat on that one, that would have counted for something, but I wasn't invited to where it was "tossed around" either.

I feel so betrayed.

I left OKN voluntarily, remember? I'm in the same boat as you in that regard. Neutral

As for the weekly guest star thing, I believe Dan Stairc had a rather interesting system for Aspirations of Harmony oriented around PC deaths - Whenever a player's character died, that player would step off from the campaign, and a different player (that wanted to join and has a character ready and was "next in line") would be fitted to come in their place. You'd have to ask Dan for details though.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:30 pm

So anyone else interested or is it just these two and Dusk?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Bronymous wrote:Yeah, but then again you could still be in a skype game right now. I didn't have that option, and I had hoped that the fact that Hayate and I were in the same boat on that one, that would have counted for something, but I wasn't invited to where it was "tossed around" either.

I feel so betrayed.

As for the weekly guest star thing, I believe Dan Stairc had a rather interesting system for Aspirations of Harmony oriented around PC deaths - Whenever a player's character died, that player would step off from the campaign, and a different player (that wanted to join and has a character ready and was "next in line") would be fitted to come in their place. You'd have to ask Dan for details though.

Actually, this idea was that every session or so, another player not in the party would join in on the session to play as an NPC, i.e one shot quest givers, or bad guys, or whatever. The party of 6 remains the same every week (unless they die).
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Well regardless I say that Dusk should get first dibs at trying out a character... Though admitingly Zarhon's character's backstory looks EPIC and awesome.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 am

Hayatecooper wrote:Still a day or two more. Waiting on Dusk Raven to see comes from them, and of course see if anyone else wants in who hasn't had a chance to play skype yet.

Gah, sorry, I didn't quite realize you were waiting on me.

Gah, I feel so inferior compared to everyone else. Anyway, I have a backstory so far... well, okay, most of one. Still not sure about the utility talents or combat abilities, but I have a general idea as to the theme I want. Anyway, the backstory. I kinda feel like posting it first as a proof-of-concept. Shall I simply PM it to you, Hayate, or can I post it in this thread for all to view and judge?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:05 am

Trust me Raven... I was once in your shooses... And most of these players here where apart of my first Skype Group. All options you suggested are vaild, I say do what you feel is right. Do what you want to do... Just don't be too slow. Razz
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:42 am

Okay, here goes, the backstory is contained within the spoiler. I wrote half of this thing at... 2 AM or something, so I'm not even sure how legible it is, but it's an idea I had that I wanted to use and I was going to write it, darn it.

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:49 am

Interesting idea. I'd like to see a full character sheet for it though if possible.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:57 am

But of course... I need to work on that tomorrow, though.

One last thing - you said no flaws, and I am for the most part not familiar with flaws for Pony Tales, but when making this character I kinda had the "Derp" utility talent in mind, is that disallowed?

(Alas, this character lends itself to a flaw-heavy concept. Fortunately Jinx is not up for consideration as it doesn't affect the pony using it)
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:34 am

Oh Derp's fine. Just nothing from the flaw thread.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:31 am

Like Tatter Hide's design and background doesn't scream mary sue, for reasons I've probably already mentioned...

Anyway, more important matter: it seems we're having a surplus of candidates for this campaign. If push comes to shove, I'd be willing to give my slot to someone else who wants to play and hasn't had the chance yet to do so.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:36 am

Demonu wrote:Like Tatter Hide's design and background doesn't scream mary sue, for reasons I've probably already mentioned...

Anyway, more important matter: it seems we're having a surplus of candidates for this campaign. If push comes to shove, I'd be willing to give my slot to someone else who wants to play and hasn't had the chance yet to do so.

Did I miss something? Cause I feel like I missed something.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 am

Demonu wrote:Like Tatter Hide's design and background doesn't scream mary sue, for reasons I've probably already mentioned...

Well, I had to justify thunderborn on a batpony without weathercrafting in some way without it being too outlandish (I could have always opted for a thunder-spider bite...). Plus, I really wanted to play a batpony (both for coolness, fitting as a member of Luna's army, and echolocation), and the hoof-blades are purely out of rule of cool / fitting as a weapon that a thunderborn would use for "combat". And I assume that thunderborn could have a fair share of uses with the "technological" advancements in Equestria.

I had quite a bit of trouble building this character, on account of having to consider everyone else's and having to avoid one-upping or copying everyone else. Prior to hearing Phil (and almost everyone else) went for stealth (very fitting a batpony, I might add, though I honestly love what Phil did - natural arctic animal camo), and you focused on perception, I had a stealth/ninja-like/black ops-oriented, and a Recon/Field Observer-oriented batpony design to use, but those turned out redundant with your own focuses. Also considered a design that mimicked a "Transilvanian vampire" (turning to smoke, social infiltration, shape-shifter destiny etc), but the utilities it required (illusion mask, thought reading...) were already picked by others and the stats options made her a "jack of all trades", which I sorta dislike and played already.

So I decided to go for athletics (the mainly unrepresented and fairly useful skill) and focus on flying / thunderborn (previous choices were call out and mimicry, scrapped since one was fairly uninteresting, the other was already taken) / "luck" (in the best way I could - Jinx was off limits and didn't fit the fact that it had to be "her" that got into bad situations, while derp didn't fit her + don't want the penalty associated. The same issue Dusk Raven has, really. Best real options are either a freaky knowledge which I have no room for yet, or the metagamer destiny, which requires growth.) as her main "thing".

Also, the whole "family killed" backstory was partially intentional (she is a batpony after all Wink ) and to give a decent motivation for the campaign / explanation of her skills. I considered taking "Sweet & Elite" to fit the backstory more and to give a "benefit", but I have no idea what Hayate's ruling on that is (allowed or not), or what it would entail (Infamy? Notoriety? Wealth? Fame? Any one of those can be pointless, or outright detrimental for a stealth/spy campaign).

@ Dusk Raven: Who exactly would have been behind the "genetics" of Greyscale?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm

I actually rather like Tatter Hide, though at first I was like, "Crap, somepony else with horrible luck!"

I too am having difficulty figuring out how she fits into the squad. I tend to be very conscious of the rest of the party and perhaps base too much of my characters around that... and this time I'm really not sure what to do. Didn't help that my idea for Greyscale Slash evolved as I wrote her. At this point I think the best way to describe her would be the point pony, the muscle, and the one you turn to when something dangerous needs doing.

Thankfully I have no problem picking out her combat talents, and there's plenty of stuff to represent both the curse and her blatant disregard for her own safety.

Zarhon wrote:@ Dusk Raven: Who exactly would have been behind the "genetics" of Greyscale?

I don't really know, and I didn't plan on elaborating too much, as all the magoscientists in question would now be either dead or have moved on to more successful projects. I didn't think about it too much, as I didn't think I could do that without creating some kind of secret conspiracy to create super-athletes or something.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Personally I like your character a lot too... And would feel it a total shame if the former GM didn't get to play in this campaign... Don't recall what reasons you claim you might've said. And are you implying that Dusk's is Sue-ish?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Well, if the "sue-ness" of Tatter is an issue (speaking of which, a little clarification on what the sue aspects would be, exactly?), I thought up an alternate backstory for her thunderborn trait - Her having a weak/sick heart (either due to genetics, heritage, or an injury), and being implanted with an electrical device which keeps her heart strong (like a prototype pacemaker) and lets her use it as a battery of sorts for her hoof-blades/lightning breath/absorbing electricity. In other words, something of a cross between Tony Stark (Iron Man) and Chev Chelios (Crank: High Voltage). The setting should allow for this (technology-wise), though how fitting it would be for a spy campaign is dubious.

As for the first backstory, if her "untarnished beauty" is an issue / clash with her backstory - I kinda wanted to give her a scarred/charred look to her (befitting injuries one would have from a lightning strike), but pony creator doesn't give any options of such, other than the ugly spotting which looks horrid, or the cow pattern which looks silly.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 pm

I for one don't think that there is any "sue-ness" for either suggested characters...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next