Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

+5
Curunir
casey1859
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
9 posters

Page 21 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 21 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:35 pm

"What in Luna's name?!" Wandering Eye was stunned at Scorch and Lunar's newfound condition. "Curses... does that stone have the power to negate life force as well?!" He stared at the stone for a moment, as though by sight alone he could uncover its mysteries...

Well, one way or the other, he had quite a situation on his hooves... and while he wasn't the best at medicine, he certainly knew enough to help. He moved over to Scorch and did what he could to help.

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 21 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  Curunir Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Luthier cringed at the terrible snapping sound that just occurred- the rock looked the same, so Luthier could only hope that it wasn't the sound of Lunar or Scorch breaking something. While Shimmer and Eye went to tend to the now unconscious hippogriff and dragon, Luthier tried to think of a way he could help. Staying away from the now even more frightening stone, he headbutted a tree- no time to make elaborate designs. The magic flowed out of him through his horn directly into the trunk, shattering the tree into a couple of boards that could be used as stretchers to carry the patients, as well as a handful of smaller planks for splints and strips of bark that could be used as bandages. Not knowing the nature of their injuries, Luthier grabbed everything and ran towards where Eye and Shimmer were tending to Lunar and Scorch.

"Here- hopefully Grizzle and Plug can carry at least one of them... I can help you carry the other, Shimmer. Do you think it's okay to move them yet?"

Luthier looked around in panic, almost expecting the mind-controlled timberwolves to be upon them already.

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:
Spoiler:

Dusk Raven wrote:
Spoiler:

Curunir wrote:
Spoiler:

With the combined glow of two shining horns, another pair of bolts of lightning, and a couple of wooden stretchers to elevate the heads, Scorch and Lunar take a couple shallow breaths, one spitting a bit of fire, and then begin to breathe a bit easier. Grizzle leans over the still-unmoving forms and checks their pulse again. He breathes a sigh of relief. "Good job. We got their hearts pumping again."

"Awesome," Plug says sincerely, but hurriedly. "But time for congratulations later. We gotta get moving, and get moving now. I can hear the calvary coming, and we're the griffins in the Battle of Stormhold, if you get my meaning."

Luthier hears them coming as well - a steady beat of odd instruments from a great distance, at this point. But decidedly wooden - decidedly timberwolves.

Wander, meanwhile, takes a moment to look at the rock - really look at it. It's...a normal black rock as far as he can tell, except for this aura it has - not a glow, for it doesn't give off light, and not necessarily rainbow. It's multiple colors, sure, but only one at once, traveling through the gauntlet from white to black. The humming it's giving off is a gentle stream, really. It almost sounds like...

...that creature he saw in the basement all those years ago.

But not exactly like. That isn't true. They aren't the same, only similar. But there's a subtle difference in pitch, an increase in frequency and it's entirely possible that this is even an entirely different yet similar-sounding instrument - like harp and a lyre. Or maybe even less of a difference; heck, for all you know harps and lyres sound nothing alike.

Also, there are a bunch of creatures, mostly timberwolves, some ponies, and perhaps one or two large metallic ones trapisping through the woods and centering on your position, assuming your ears are working properly. Except, almost miraculously, from the Southeast, or just a tad off of that. Doesn't mean somepony won't eventually teleport between you and far-away-enough, but it's certainly something.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm

The hint of a connection between this stone and that being he'd encountered years ago... it froze Wandering Eye. ...How? Why here? Why now? Why?

For now, however, he had more important matters - his other senses were warning him of incoming dangers... as well as a possible safe route. "This place is a crossroads," He said, recalling his previous observations, "And it looks like the southeast is the only safe route!" He pointed with a hoof in the proper direction.

He then moved over to Scorch, despite knowing he likely wouldn't be able to carry the teenaged dragon on his own. Grunting as he applied force, he muttered, "Didn't expect that I'd be carrying you."

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Wandering seems like he's struggling to hold Scorch up, so Brilliant ducks in and takes some of the weight off. "Here, I've got you. This feels like a trap but it also seems like our only option. Somepony lead the way please, I can't see a thing in this dark".

She looks over at the now-breathing form of the hippogriff. I wonder if I can carry him telekinetically... he might be light enough.
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Spoiler:
"Oh for Celestia's sake!" Iggy yelled. "This night just CANNOT get any worse."
Iggy started taking the southeast path.
"I'll take point just for all that is good can we please try to avoid any other screw ups or pointless stops."
Spoiler:

Last edited by deonte9109 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Helping Wandering Eye carry the unconscious dragon physically, Brilliant turns her magic towards the hippogriff and, using some advanced telekinetic theorems she's been studying, lifts him as well. Groaning under the combined physical and mental strain she follows Iggy down the forest path, trying not to let her fatigue show. "Right, let's get out of here before whatever is out there finds us. Grizzle, you guard the front. Plug, take up the rear. Let's move out ponies!"
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 am

"Sure you don't need some help while I, er, take up your rear?" Plug asks, coming up behind you and showing off his trademark 'wit'. "I admit you're going faster than I thought you would carrying all that dragon, but speed is of the essence here and, no offense, but you're still going pretty slow..."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:03 am

"Wait a second..." Wandering Eye suddenly looked back at the stone. The memory of the creature he'd encountered all those years ago flickered in his brain.

"...They're afraid of it."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 pm

"Har har, don't you only wish". The dragon wasn't quite as heavy as she thought he would be but for the sake of speed... "You could help with the dragon, if you like. I certainly wouldn't mind".

She tilts her head at Wandering's statement. "Who's afraid of what, exactly?" Something to do with the stone?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:16 pm

He looked over at Shimmer. "You saw how that Timber Wolf was staring at the stone? I think that magic-cancellation effect affects them as well. I should have suggested this before we took on the load, but... near that stone might be a good place to make a stand."

He suddenly got an idea. "Assuming this direction doesn't turn out to be a trap... I'm going to sneak back once we've gotten everyone to safety."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:06 pm

The party runs, as it were, for several minutes, until the noises they can hear behind them dwindles to a soft murmur, which in turn dwindles to nothing as they stop to catch their breath.

"Well then," Grizzle says, not panting at all. "That was certainly an experience."

"Yeah," Plug agrees. "Good thing I was there to cover you guys as we were leaving, though...none of you know anything about not leaving tracks behind, huh?"

Grizzle ignores him, as is standard procedure. He reaches down with a hoof to shake the sleeping figures, now set side by side with one another. "Hey. You two alright?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Scorch continues to do whatever it is that unconscious dragons do...

(Endurance Check: 3 (Roll) + 10 (Bonus) = 13)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 pm

*cobbled pops up*
Cobbled walked with efurry one else as they trekked through who-knows where. He looked around at the other ponies surrounding him. Sort of. The two large creatures on stretchers, the everyone else doing every thing else, the trees rustling with the noise of woodland creatures.
Soo.... does anyone need any help? No?...Kay, got it all situated? Okay. That's fine. I'll just keep walking. You know. In a straight line.
Cobbled rubbed his hooves over his eyes, eyes growing ever more itchy the more he rubbed them.
It's an addiction I just can't cuuuuure He mumbled to himself.
Eventually, on walking, he pulled out a few things from his saddlebags. That he totally has on.
He began to play with some of the materials that Luthier had made him.
Do do dooooo... Okay yeah. Bad idea. Probably should have washed this shouldn't try to do that with my current state... of... stuff.....
Cobbled trailed off, muttering to himself words only he could understand.
Wow he was tired. He couldn't believe how tired he was. How didn't he notice this fatigue during the week? Okay. He's still standing. That's good. And walking at the same time.
And wow I'm tired too.

Wow I like the strike tool
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Plug looked over to Cobbled and blinked, a little startled at how exhausted the colt seemed. "Hey, uh...you alright there, guy, or...?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Wandering Eye looked around him, trying to make sure this place was actually safe. When he had looked around to his satisfaction, he looked back towards the area they had left. "Well, we should wait for Scorch and Lunar to recover before we move on." He walked over to Scorch, nudging his side slightly. "Come on, you've been through worse than this..." Though his face didn't show it much, he was worried for his companion... just a little. Scorch was a tough dragon, after all.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed May 01, 2013 2:47 am

"Certainly," Grizzle responded. "I never meant to suggest otherwise. But there is no reason we cannot discuss strategy before he awakens." He shrugged his wings a little, almost skittering backwards yet maintaiing a sense of dignity that would have been lost had skittering been exactly what he was doing. "If we continue to approach as we have thus far, we are likely to have our clocks thoroughly and unpleasantly cleaned."

"I'd go ahead and put on the fake collars," Plug interjected. "That way next time something like this happens - and with a dragon roaming around, no offense meant to our sleeping friend, it's gonna happen quicker than someone wittier than me comes up with a good metaphor- we wanna seem as unassuming as physically possible."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed May 01, 2013 5:20 am

"Yes, might as well try using the collars- that's what I made them for. I'm not all that anxious to put their convnincingness to the test though. I remain convinced that we should contact Princess Luna as soon as possible, if not for support than at least to let her know about the strange ponies and timberwolves and deadly anti-magic rocks."
He shook his head.
"I don't know what we should do aside from that though, I'm feeling in way over my head here... I do trust the rest of you to get us out of here safely, although I'd feel better if Scorch and Lunar weren't unconscious right now..."

OOC:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Wed May 01, 2013 6:45 am

"Uh yeah no. Try to put one of those things on me I'll kick your face into last week and your teeth the week before."
Iggy sighed with frustration on his face.
"Can we just focus on the original task? You know the caves...the magical caves that we were sent out here to investigate."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm

"That's what we're trying to do, you son of a-" Plug started.

"Woah, friend," Grizzle said, stepping between the Nightbound and the blind pony. He turned to the latter. "We are indeed trying to focus on the magic caves - but to do so, we need to get to them first. The collars are fake, designed only to see if we can receive messages from them, but they may also serve a useful purpose in adding to the illusion that we belong there, which in and of itself can be a very effective form of stealthy approach." He shook his head, a sober look on his face. "Though to be perfectly honest, I would have to agree- we should report to Princess Luna immediately."

"If we approach this more carefully in the future," Plug said, the frustration in his voice slowly winding down as he spoke, "We can handle it just fine. We shouldn't report back to the princess until the assignment is complete, or at the very least until we have a bigger picture." He blinked, then chuckled, more out of relief than any sort of actual humor. "Plus I'd rather not have to go back up the mountain and down again without needing to, you know?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed May 01, 2013 3:54 pm

"Sure, Iggy, you won't have to put on the collar. But since the rest of us will be, we'll have to play the part of mind-controlled drone, and since you don't have a collar we'll have no choice but to attack you. An ingenious idea." Surprisingly, the last part was spoken without sarcasm.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next