other night pony races

View previous topic View next topic Go down

other night pony races

Post  edised on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:56 pm

we have bat pones, the nocturnal version of Pegasus, now lets add night versions earth pony and unicorn, as i am new at thise, so forgive me if i get it wrong.

underpony, earth pones that live underground and in caves, thay have come to adapt to life under the earth, making them harsh and pragmatic. (think like pony barbarians)

like a rock
underpony's have thick hide makeing them resistant to damage and fatigue it also makes it hard to do more fine work, like sowing, writing and so on because they may not feel it.

cats eyes
liveing underground underponys can see in dark and low light conditions but not in bright light especaly sunlight and may need to have eye protection.
balanced diet
underpony's are omnivores, can eat plants and meat (mostly bugs)

i need ideas for night unacorns?

edised
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: other night pony races

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Well, generally, when we want to create a race, or even modify current races, we usually work with the Genertic Engineering document. Its existence simplifies the race-making process, and GMs can be confident in the balance of the race...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:25 am

I'll take a shot at this Very Happy.
Let's see...
Underponies/ Night Earth ponies. I really like the subterranean thing, so let's go with that.
So, genetic engineering doc, 8 point race:
- They need a way to see. I'd give them nightvision, but that's boring. Let's go with echolocation. A lot of species that evolved to live in caves lose their eyes. (or never develop them at all.)
Echolocation (2 points)
- Caves are not flat surfaces. climbing around, squeezing through tight spaces... all stuff an underground race needs to do. Let's give them Spiderclimb and Feline Grace.
Spider Climb (1 point)
Feline Grace (1 point)
- Cutie mark. Still ponies after all.
Cutie mark (2 points)
- By now, we have ponies that are eyeless, can climb like all get out and land on their feet after any fall. Seems scary right?
Terrify (2 points)
Honestly, I'd like to give them "one with the waves", as most caves I've been in have been at least partially flooded. It's not really neccessary though, and the other skills fit better. You could take a high endurance skill for high lung capacity, but that's up to the player.

Night Unicorns
For some reason, the first thing that springs into my mind is a roving pack of nearly feral, nocturnal magical equines.
- Let's make them elementally attuned:
Frost||Fire||Thunder Born (1 point) player chooses one at character creation. Let's say they have shamans that have all three, but they lose the Cutie Mark. Just cause it seems like a fun cultural thing.
- The cutie mark, of course.
Cutie mark (2 points)
- Very much herd based. Let's give them Herd Mentality
Herd Mentality (1 point)
- Night Watch, through Naturally Skilled. Echolocation is not much use over sight on the wide open plains.
Night Watch (2 points)
- 2 points left. They are basically unicorns, so let's give them Magical Attunement and Telekinesis. Elementalism is fun, but does not a magical equine make.
Telekinesis (1 point)
Magical Attunement (1 point)

There's no actual traits for diet, unless you count robots (need a power source, specified at char creation.) or Mechanical races (no food or air). Usually players just specify unusual diets in the flavor text/background. I recall seeing a gem-eating trait proposed. Not sure what became of it
Like a Rock seems interesting. If your PH is using the Flaws supplement (not official), taking Bigger Mac or a similar flaw could give you the same effect.
(http://ponytales.forumotion.com/t382-let-s-make-some-flaws?)
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 am

I must admit, both of those look really cool. The idea of Underponies seem awesomely creepy and now I want one...
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edised on Sun May 26, 2013 6:41 pm

i imagine ether thay where made or changed by luna and served her, after nightmare moon defeat thay no longer fit in.
underponys may have keen hearing and smell, and have had a good relationship with diamond dogs.

edised
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top