Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+33
Inferno1114
Antiquated
Lifeforce
Colter Bolt
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Doc pseudopolis
Grey Pen The Flawed
Hayatecooper
Z2
Caden2112
Pingcode
Kindulas
Quietkal
Nehiel Mori
Videocrazy
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
ZamuelNow
Azureink
Demonu
sunbeam
LoganAura
thematthew
Curunir
Philadelphus
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
SilentBelle
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
37 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 23 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:18 pm

And... The question of why is mostly unanswered though... Why isn't the other unspoken option that suggests the players just getting sent out of combat as both a player and a target an ok idea?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 23 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:And... The question of why is mostly unanswered though... Why isn't the other unspoken option that suggests the players just getting sent out of combat as both a player and a target an ok idea?
Well, to answer that, you must ask yourself, what's wrong with having death an element in combat?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Fury Stuff:

Xel Unknown wrote:And... The question of why is mostly unanswered though... Why isn't the other unspoken option that suggests the players just getting sent out of combat as both a player and a target an ok idea?

Because being knocked unconscious doesn't magically make you immune to further attacks. You're still present at the fight.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm done with the discussion.

Through pegasi do have to be very light in order to fly, so....
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Well... I've got a GM who's suggests (possibility jokingly, or I HOPE IT WAS A JOKE, (might not be a joke)) making insta-kill attacks for his monsters... When I pointed out this very part of combat, thinking that it worked that getting in the -15 area sends one outside of combat instead. And I fear insta-kill moves, I think everyone does to some degree... Or they at least see them as cheap.

So yeah... While I do enjoy the idea of possible death happening... Most of what is prompting me is UTTER FEAR of possible insta-kill attacks in one of my campaigns. And finding out that I'm was wrong would help in my mind maybe avoid such things...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Well... I've got a GM who's suggests (possibility jokingly, or I HOPE IT WAS A JOKE, (might not be a joke)) making insta-kill attacks for his monsters...

If your DM wants you dead, even Celestia can't save you - much less the rules.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Though the Iron Shield armor(or trinket? Which was it?) stops you at 1 HP when you would be reduced to zero or less for a single attack, so you might be able to incite a miniature rebellion.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:57 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Though the Iron Shield armor(or trinket? Which was it?) stops you at 1 HP when you would be reduced to zero or less for a single attack, so you might be able to incite a miniature rebellion.
It's indeed a trinket. There's also a trinket which brings you back to life once you die, but that costs 9000 Gold, so yeah. Never Say Die could also work if it is a flat damage attack that does 60 HP Damage, as opposed to one that just said kill the target...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Angry DM Monster
Hp: 1000000000

[+1] Kill
Range: 20
Deal 100 damage to target player. This damage cannot be prevented.

[-1] Power Word Kill
Burst: 5
Kill all creatures in the burst.

[-2] Dude, what the hell?
Range: Endless
Target creature loses all its life, then has its soul destroyed preventing resurrection.

Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 pm

[-2] Wheel of Fortune – Interrupt Utility

Trigger – An enemy attacks you or one of your allies
Effect - Reselect the attack’s target at random.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 pm

sunbeam wrote:[-2] Wheel of Fortune – Interrupt Utility

Trigger – An enemy attacks you or one of your allies
Effect - Reselect the attack’s target at random.
Not a great comback... After all... It'll still be a solo monster we dealing with...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 pm

If you have a better option, I would love to hear it.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:03 am

I recommend finding a better DM. Unless there's some very, very good story reason for this stat block.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:45 am

Nehiel Mori wrote:Angry DM Monster

[+1] Kill

[-1] Power Word Kill

Target creature loses all its life, then has its soul destroyed preventing resurrection.

I use the Element of Kindness... And kindly warn the DM that if he goes through with this he'll pretty much get thrown out of all of Pony Tales for sheer jerk.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:06 am

Angry DM Monster

Trait - Broken as Hell
You cannot react or interrupt this monsters attacks. Also, it cares not for your petty kindness.

[+1] Kill

[-1] Power Word Kill

Not that I'd ever run this myself
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:10 am

I'm going to combo he did it and maddening mockery to make it attack itself. I think I can make that persuasion DC.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:16 am

It's so true, "if you stat it, they will kill it." Even with something this fundementally broken and PC grindhouse... We still try to figure out how to kill it. Because it's stated. I suggest to remove the HP... Just to see what that'd do to the beast... Then again I think that combo Matthew came up does kill it even without an HP amount. Funny loophole that be.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:25 am

Look, in the interests of sanity and stopping thread derailment, since I'm in the same game as Xel with the same DM and know him fairly well, I'll just point out that A) he hasn't ACTUALLY created any such insta-kill monster, and B) he was joking about making one in the first place.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:22 am

It does work towards answering the question 'What can a player survive?'

So long as it still operates on actual game mechanics, truly strong players will survive just about anything; and declaring the game over and the characters dead without reason is the DM's loss, since he has forfeit by virtue of no longer playing the game... Granted, they could just make up counters on the spot for anything a player comes up with, but at that point any DM dumb enough to do this is basically a five year old shouting on the playground about his everything-proof shield.

P.S. the worst thing you can do when dealing with a broken monster designed to kill you is let the DM know how you can win.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:25 am

Xel, lets be reasonable.

If I was going to kill you, I'd do it out of combat it's a hell of a lot easier; specially with how much you lot like to split up... oh and that teleporter that was fun.

Actual question time!

With Magic points, those are line of sight usages if used on allies right?
(Pretty sure yes but just wanted to make sure.)

Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Combat Talents Doc wrote:[+1] Redirect Focus - Minor Utility
You are dazed until the end of your next turn.
Where did this talent come from and why did it sneak it's way into the combat doc? Because I don't recall anyone knowing of this thing before now... It looks really cool, with the combos that can be done with it. But yeah... Why'd it appear on the doc under the radar?

OR did you guys forgot to inform us when it was added?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:18 am

Combat Talents Doc wrote:[+4] Psychic Surge - Standard Utility
After you use your next talent, you are stunned (save ends).
So then, how does this talent combo with Minors? If you use this talent, then use a minor... Does the "stun" effect then trigger? I assume so... But better make sure that is what would happen.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:16 am

I'm guessing you're planning on using this with redirect focus, that minor that you mentioned the post before, but in almost any other situation, the better move is to use the minor, then the standard, then get stunned after whatever your next action is.
And I think it's supposed to work that way when you use it the way you outlined it, but I can't be sure either.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:44 am

Redirect Focus has been in for awhile, I've seen some things with it. And yeah, it works in tandem with Physic surge in the way you thought it did.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:47 am

thematthew wrote:I'm going to combo he did it and maddening mockery to make it attack itself. I think I can make that persuasion DC.

Cant use Utility talent in combat Razz

Hayatecooper wrote:Xel, lets be reasonable.

If I was going to kill you, I'd do it out of combat it's a hell of a lot easier; specially with how much you lot like to split up... oh and that teleporter that was fun.

Actual question time!

With Magic points, those are line of sight usages if used on allies right?
(Pretty sure yes but just wanted to make sure.)

Correct. Unless otherwise stated everything requires line of sight. Not requiring Line of Sight is an exception, not the rule. Some things, like Honor (Or Loyalty as I know it. Can't remember the right name right now) wont but giving a +10 to a skill check or using laughter do.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next