Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+33
Inferno1114
Antiquated
Lifeforce
Colter Bolt
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Doc pseudopolis
Grey Pen The Flawed
Hayatecooper
Z2
Caden2112
Pingcode
Kindulas
Quietkal
Nehiel Mori
Videocrazy
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
ZamuelNow
Azureink
Demonu
sunbeam
LoganAura
thematthew
Curunir
Philadelphus
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
SilentBelle
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
37 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 39 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Mind Gamer Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:21 am

Does Lifebound or Hierophant armor (the ones that grant you regeneration) stay active even when you're knocked unconscious? And thus can bring you back to positive hit points?
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 39 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:23 am

Regeneration doesn't function once you're at 0 or below.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:24 am

Shame. Even when it's armor, not a status effect?
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:24 am

The armor grants you the status effect. Regeneration is still the same condition, no matter where it comes from.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 am

Take a letter, me... "create a slow-functioning regeneration effect that works even on unconscious characters. Could be useful for a Paladin style fighter to get his teammates back up eventually while staving off attacks."

Thank you all kindly.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:30 am

Mind Gamer wrote:Take a letter, me... "create a slow-functioning regeneration effect that works even on unconscious characters. Could be useful for a Paladin style fighter to get his teammates back up eventually while staving off attacks."

Thank you all kindly.
I think you're missing the main reason regen doesn't - if you're below 0 and you gain any hit points, you heal as though you were at 0. You can be at -13, gain 2 hp, and you're now at 2.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:32 am

Hmm.

Perhaps a status condition that, after a certain number of turns, restores health to a character? ...Nah, that's crazy.

Next!
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:20 am

Does Pacifist trigger off of Regeneration effects you instill? It's indirect, but you're still granting them hp at the start of their turn.
Pacifist:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 am

You're responsible for granting them the condition that restores their HP, but the condition itself is giving them the HP, not you. So no, it would not work, sadly.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm agreeing with Sunbeam here. Pacifist only activates when you actively heal someone.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:17 pm

It's the same way ongoing damage doesn't trigger damage bonuses, yeah
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Can you take Gold is Power multiple times, and if not, why not?

Gold is Power:
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Ah, good catch, it should have a "You may take this multiple times"
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:03 am

Focused Evolution (0)
Creatures of your race gain five extra racial trait points. Creatures of your race cannot have magic points or Magic Drain talents.

How does that work when it comes to
Pick of the Litter [Created by Kajisora]
You gain 1 racial trait points. You may take this talent multiple times.

as in
Can I take Pick of the Litter and then use it to take Focused Evolution(For whatever reason if I decided to take it on a later level or something)
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:21 am

Hayatecooper wrote:Focused Evolution (0)
Creatures of your race gain five extra racial trait points. Creatures of your race cannot have magic points or Magic Drain talents.

How does that work when it comes to
Pick of the Litter [Created by Kajisora]
You gain 1 racial trait points. You may take this talent multiple times.

as in
Can I take Pick of the Litter and then use it to take Focused Evolution(For whatever reason if I decided to take it on a later level or something)
Well technically, you can... actually here, I'm going to change the templating to make it clearer
Focused Evolution (1)
Creatures of your race gain 6 extra racial trait points. Creatures of your race cannot have magic points or Magic Drain talents.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:32 am

Probably a good plan
Also when it was at 0
You basically just gave it to companions(made one of the six naturally skilled, took pick of the litter, rinse repeat...though you can still do that now I guess)
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:42 am

Hayatecooper wrote:Probably a good plan
Also when it was at 0
You basically just gave it to companions(made one of the six naturally skilled, took pick of the litter, rinse repeat...though you can still do that now I guess)
That... probably needs to be addressed
Actually, Magic Drain + things that don't normally have magic points = problem...
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:49 am

Focused Evolution (1)
Creatures of your race gain 6 extra racial trait points. Creatures of your race cannot have magic points or Magic Drain talents. Only a creature that would otherwise have magic points may take this trait.

Steady Hoofed – Magic Drain
Whenever you would roll a natural 1 on a d20 outside of combat, you may reroll the die with a +5 bonus. You cannot have magic points. You may only take 1 Magic Drain talent. Only a creature that would otherwise have one or more magic points may take this talent.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:01 am

hmm
what about stuff that would gain magic points through things like Derp through naturally skilled?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:05 am

Hayatecooper wrote:hmm
what about stuff that would gain magic points through things like Derp through naturally skilled?
The way I see it, if you're playing the cost for a magic point, it's okay to pay the cost of losing it.
Okay I still think Derp is overpowered, but Dan disagrees and on the logic that Derp is balanced, taking it to pay the MP cost for these abilities is, I'd say, fair
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:08 am

So
Provided I also take Derp I can take Focused Evolution?
Still think I can get a stupid number of companions doing that, they'll just be slightly less effective.

Edit: Thanks for putting up with all the question as well Kindulas!
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:15 am

Hayatecooper wrote:So
Provided I also take Derp I can take Focused Evolution?
Still think I can get a stupid number of companions doing that, they'll just be slightly less effective.

Edit: Thanks for putting up with all the question as well Kindulas!
Hm... so the idea is you
1) Take companion with and Evolved companion,
give it derp and focused evolution
Have 6 racial points to get naturally skilled to get companion and focused evolution

Hm.. that... IS infinite companions, isn't it? Well, Dan had thought we might need to add a rule about "Companions can't get companions"
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:18 am

I'd agree with Dan that Derp is fair. The extra crit failing might have some numerical worth removed from the talent but, really you're trading a utility talent for the ability to take another MP talent in addition to your element and actually getting to use both. It serves to increase versatility in player builds as otherwise the tendency would be for people to just avoid MP costing talents. (Though it does lead to some sillyness like Derp + Generosity but, hey, that encourages teamwork so that's a different kind of plus at least.)

Edit: Isn't it still a problem that the companion gets 6 racial points when it should only have 3?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:24 am

Oh, I don't have a problem with derp
Just the fact it can get the infinite companion thing
I love Derp when combined with Steady Hooves(Sure I don't get the MP's but the 3 extra +5 re-roll potentially is always nice)

Last edited by Hayatecooper on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:27 am

Wow, that's kinda hilarious.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next