Simple Suggestion Thread

Go down

Simple Suggestion Thread

Post  Dusk Raven on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:34 pm

So, I occasionally get random-as-heck ideas for talents, but not enough for me to justify (to myself, anyway) making a thread about them. So, I decided to make this thread, where everypony can just post a simple idea for a combat talent and not have to make a whole thread for it.

(if there's already a thread for this purpose, I do apologize... in retrospect, the simply-named Combat Talents thread may be suited for this sort of thing)

So, to start off, I was thinking... in a video game I play, Etrian Odyssey II, the Medic has a skill called Pheonix. Using it revives any and all fallen party members and restores their health to full - but at a cost, for the Medic is incapacitated ("Dead" in game terms). I was wondering if a similar talent could be implemented. Think of it like... kinda like All or Nothing but with a strictly healing role, restoring all allies health to full, removing all save-ends effects, but taking the user down to -15 HP. The question is... how many PiPs would it cost?
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Simple Suggestion Thread

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Most likely a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Considering All or Nothing does nothing but adds pips, and can be avoided with stuff which prevents you from being instantly knocked comatose (such as Iron Shield (apparently) and Never Say Die), something that refreshes all of your allies is very, very powerful. Especially if two people can constantly pull it off...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:44 pm

...I hadn't thought of that. In such a case, yeah, PiP cost should be reasonable high. It should be a talent of last resort, not something you can spam, after all.
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:16 am

Well, you could negate it by saying. "The player is knocked comatose." In the text.

Alternatively, you could make it be an interrupt
Trigger: the player would be knocked comatose. At something like 8 pips.

[-8] Phoenix Fall - Interrupt Utility
Trigger: You would be knocked comatose.
Heal up to six target allies for 3d12 HP, each ally may make a saving throw.

[-7] One For All - Standard Utility
You are reduced to 0 HP. Roll 3d12, for each 12 you roll, a random ally may activate a random special. Heal up to six allies for that amount and you pay that much HP. Up to six allies may make a saving throw.

Though overall, these sort of one-shot gambits are best to avoid. It kinda sucks to be knocked out of the battle. I think second sunrise is better than One For All.

Now this inspired something else:
[-4] All for One - Interrupt Utility
Trigger: An ally would be reduced to -15 HP or fewer.
You and up to five allies may pay 5 HP. For every Ally that pays in this way, heal the triggering ally 2 HP.

Well that was fun Smile
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down