Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

+5
Broken Logic
Ramsus
Lyntermas
Azarune
Zarhon
9 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

Post  Ramsus Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:33 am

"I am currently satiated." Skitter replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:52 am

alt text: where'd the kid go?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 pm

So, what did the officer think of what Rolf had to say (if anything)?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Broken Logic wrote:"And here I was hoping I'd get to watch the guard captain frisk you down," Jeraylia lamented with an exaggerated sigh. "I'll have to join you for dinner later. We've got a patient to attend to."
"Well, the Mayor's still waiting, but I guess triage comes first. You do your stuff. If you're hungry, we've turned the mansion dining room into a canteen of sorts. Mayor's even shared some of his fancy foodstuffs, to go with our emergency rations. Just be quick about it, there's been enough waiting already."

Lyntermas wrote:"Pleasure to meet you, Officer. As for the girl, we found her on the way here. She was being harassed by a cultist and his zombies, but we managed to deal with him and keep her safe. However, we found that she looked like she hadn't eaten in days, and she has a manacle-shaped bruise on her leg. We asked her to take us to where she escaped from, and she led us to a botanical garden. We heard undead inside, and we're guessing that it's one of the cultist's bases. We..don't know much else." He looked down at the girl. "We ask that she be allowed to stay here for now, where it's safe. We know how to get to the gardens from here now, so any further 'services' shouldn't be needed, I don't think. She's been brave enough for one night."
"No problem with keeping her here, we've got a few refugees already, some of them kids. Heck, we might even have her parents here already or something."

He crouches to the girl and speaks to her. "You'll be safe now. What's your name, girl?"
"..."
"Well? Go on, speak up, I don't bite."
"..."
Confused, he speaks to Rolf again. "Huh, is she mute or something? Anyways, I'll have one of the matrons take care of her, give her a spot to eat."

So, who's doing the leg healing, and who's eating while waiting for them? Or are the rest of willing to speak with the Mayor without the ones doing the leg healing?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Zarhon wrote:"No problem with keeping her here, we've got a few refugees already, some of them kids. Heck, we might even have her parents here already or something."

He crouches to the girl and speaks to her. "You'll be safe now. What's your name, girl?"
"..."
"Well? Go on, I don't bite."
"..."
Confused, he speaks to Rolf again. "Huh, is she mute or something? Anyways, I'll have one of the matrons take care of her, give her a spot to eat."

"She wasn't talking to us, either. I'm guessing that she's just been through a lot, being captured by cultists. Hopefully, some food will calm her down, let her know she's safe. As for the mayor, well, if he's waiting on us, I can go talk to him while the healers go do their thing. Horizon, Skitter, you can grab some food, unless there's something you specifically wish to say to the mayor."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:24 pm

"I'd rather accompany you to the mayor. To at least make sure your cloak doesn't try to murder him or something stupid like that. Probably would be best if Horizon remained here though." Skitter replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:44 pm

"Oh, one more thing." Jeraylia says, halting again. She unpins something from the inside of her cloak and hands it to the little girl. "Just a little something to keep you company." In the girl's hand lies Jeraylia's membership badge of the Pel-lora fanclub, decorated with a nonetheless impressive embossing of the symbol of Pelor. "It's plus 4 to temporary hit points at the start of a battle," she says with no further explanation, and hurries off to aid Zthulan.

Making sense out of me losing an item due to changes XD.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:05 pm

The girl beams at the gift, and pins it proudly on her dirty dress.

Meanwhile, the restoration ritual preparations have been finished, and Zthulan is underway with the first part of the ritual, to be aided by Jeraylia.

Rolf, roll perception, then endurance.

Jeraylia, roll assist for Zthulan's previous roll, with a clarification of how you're assisting exactly (what method/skill check).

Brony, what's Horizon doing?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Zarhon wrote: Rolf, roll perception, then endurance.

...Okay.

Perception...13(1d20) + 8 + 3(Sharp Eyes) = 24 (Magic Attunement, if it applies).
Endurance...13(1d20) + 6 =19.
Yes, I did roll 2 13's in a row. I have really strange luck sometimes.

Alt-script time!

You pass by the dining hall on the way to the mayor.
Endurance...2.
...Yeah, you really need some food.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:53 pm

As group passes through the dining hall to get to Mayor's meeting room, Rolf feels a slight tug from behind. Looking behind him, he realizes that he is wearing the strange cloak again. Furthermore, the cloak extended into an "arm", all across the makeshift canteen (distressing a few people who are eating in the process), and managed to "order up" a plate of a rabbit & sprouts stew, complete with spoon. It then apparently extended back, bringing the plate back to Rolf. The "hand" holds the plate for a few seconds in front of him, before shoving it into Rolf's own hands. Once the plate leaves its grip, it then proceeds to grab Rolf by the neck and cuts off his oxygen supply with a firm grip.

Note: Rolf is holding the plate of stew, un-spilled.

Also, those 13's are really fitting the situation.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:01 pm

"See? That's exactly the kind of thing I was talking about." Skitter says, waiting to do anything until he sees if Rolf can handle it on his own.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Rolf tried to remain calm. He made his way to a table, sat down, and set the plate down. He then reached a hand toward his neck and tried pulling the "hand" away from his neck long enough get a breath (but not the clasp of the cloak). "*Gasp* Cough, cough...right, you're back. Managed to put yourself back together, I see. Now, you want me to wear you? Fine. You want to help? Fine. But this choking bit harms me, so that's got to stop. Now, if you agree to those terms, we'll get along fine. But if you keep choking me every time you "wake up", or you try jumping onto someone else's face like last time, I will take you off and leave you behind this time. Do we have an understanding?" Rolf then used his other hand to pick up the spoon and get a bite of stew, still looking at the cloak's "hand".

Rolling for Persuasion...17(1d20) + 10 = 27
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 pm

The cloak is a tsundere :O

Jeraylia uses her knowledge of healing rituals to assist in the minor things, such as moving candles, lifting arms and mopping sweat.
Meanwhile, she also sings a soft rhyme to help sooth and calm the patient.
"Hush now, dear soldier.
Be still and don't cry.
Sleep like you're in mother's arms.
Sleep and remember
the joys you have fought for,
Be soothed by this soft lullaby."

Assist by Heal: 21 (12 + 9 Heal)
Persuasion (another assist?): 32 ( 13+ 14 persuasion + 5 fk[Music]).This tune.

Last edited by Broken Logic on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Broken Logic wrote:The cloak is a tsundere :O

Cloak: "...Here. I got you dinner. B-but it's not like I like you or anything. I could choke you anytime I like. I just...don't want to right now."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Gonna need an athletics check, Lynt, to see if you can pull the hand off your neck enough to make that speech (otherwise you'd just make gurgling/choking noises, rather than an argument), and another endurance check.

The cloaks hand would loosen enough to let Rolf swallow the bite of stew, but he can't breathe/talk mid-swallow (well, not without requiring a heimlich maneuver afterwards).

Jeraylia's song helps Zthulan concentrate and boost his ritual's power a bit.

Make another heal check, Zthulan.

Last edited by Zarhon on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Okey-dokey.

Athletics...14(1d20) + 6 = 20
Endurance...13(1d20) + 6 = 19

...Does the cloak simply not understand that grabbing my neck like that makes me unable to breathe? I mean, if it's allowing me to eat, one would think it wants me alive. Maybe it's somehow only able to directly communicate with people when they're unconscious or something, and wants to talk?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Rolf manages to keep the hand from choking him long enough to make a plea to the cloak. The cloak relents from choking Rolf's throat, giving him a breath of fresh air, before it sticks a pair of over-sized "fingers" up his nose in a rather unpleasant fashion.

Rolf suffers a -3 penalty to checks while this goes on, for obvious reasons.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 pm

Skitter bursts into uncontrollable laughter.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:48 pm

Well now so much has gone on I don't know what to do. Horizon was going to go talk with the mayor with the others, but they got sidetracked by food anyway, so...

Horizon just follows the others. When they find themselves in the dining hall, though, he decides now's as good a time as any and finds his way to the source of food- making sure to jostle any guards in his path, and generally make his presence known to the dining hall. Despite this, Rolf's cloak's antics seem to draw attention away from him, so he just continues on to get his food.

If the cloak is grabbing everyone's attention sufficiently, let's also have him move to the front of the line.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:46 am

"...Officer Spark-heel, I'm afraid that I'm currently in no position to meet with the mayor at this moment. I'm going to have some of this stew while I try...working things out with this cloak. Would you please fetch me some paper and something to write with? Skitter, you can grab some food as well."

Rolf tried to take another spoonful of stew while contemplating next steps. Granted, not being choked was progress, but having two fingers up his nose wasn't going to be sustainable. After a few bites and trying to keep calm, he tried talking to the cloak again.

"Well, I must confess, you are technically holding up your end of the bargain. However, I'm having trouble figuring out exactly the motivations for your actions. You're feeding me one moment, then choking me the next. Are you a sort of split personality? Are you trying to assert yourself so that I don't take you for granted? Or is blocking my air passages a sign of affection for cloaks?" He sighed. "Look, I'm trying to meet you half-way here, but I need a sign that you're willing to work with me. Now, when the officer comes back with pen and paper, could you please try writing me what it is you want?"

Rolling for Persuasion...5(1d20) - 3(cloak's got my nose) + 10 = 12

Sigh, hope it's a low DC to just get it willing to communicate.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:51 am

Skitter just continues to laugh.

Seriously, did you miss the post where Skitter said he wasn't hungry?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:27 am

Yeah, I did. Sorry about that.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:25 am

As a soldier returns with an ink, quill and parchment, the cloak's hand ceases harrassing Rolf's nose, and writes down in a neat font:

Helping out

As it puts the quill to rest, it then takes the quill again and starts writing variations of the word "bored" on Rolf's forehead repeatedly, with handwriting that looks like it was done by an illiterate troll.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:43 am

Skitter is now laughing so hard he has lost the ability to stand.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:07 am

"...Split personality it is, then. Or you're just capricious as all hell." Rolf tried to figure out what the hand was writing as it drew across his forehead. "...Bored? Well, that explains a bit." He tried to finish off his stew, then used a napkin to wipe his forehead a bit. "Well, your help would be appreciated. As for your boredom..." Rolf moved the empty plate aside and set his elbow on the table. "Would you be satisfied in seeing how badly a wizard can lose to you in arm wrestling? Unless, of course, you don't think you're up for it."

Rolf wasn't really expecting to win against the cloak, but quite frankly, being humiliated at arm wrestling against a piece of fabric would be progress as opposed to having two fingers constantly stuck up his nose. And who knows, he might get lucky.

Athletics...Nat 1...No, not this time.

Stubbornness (2) - Interrupt [1/Day]
Trigger - You would fail a skill check.
Effect - Reroll the check with a +5 bonus.

Athletics...6(1d20) + 5(Stubbornness) + 6 = 17.

I may lose, but I'm going to at least put up a semblance of a fight against this "troll".
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next