Wanderers of Weyard

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Z2 on Sun May 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Dancing hops up and grabs the green flower, he pulls it taught, down to the pool for some 'fishing'.

At its full length, stretched and taut, the vine is locked into the groove over the edge of the pool... the party briefly resumes examination of the area, before a terrible SNAP is heard... looking back, a cascade effect occurs... the shadow in the water bites the flower, dislodging the vine and pulling him up with it at top speeds, the force of the flying creature knocks down one plank from a hit at the exact right spot - sending the others down too, the planks fall into small recesses at the perimeter of the cave, glued in there by the vines, the wood's placement forces the gas to stop leaking into the rest of the room, and a spark set off somewhere in the distance blows the boulder into the room, the gas only moving behind it now... after the smoke clears, the cave is empty and charred, save for 3 ponies and a venus djinni who quickly hops into Icy.

"I'm Algae, I'm leaving, so are you, and none of this is ever being spoken of again."

You leave the damn cave and are soon to meet up with the other half of your party.

Spoiler:
This puzzle was a clusterbuck, getting vaguely close to starting the solution, and the fact that one party member actually DID solve it (just not one of the ones in the cave) means we are just moving the heck on and skipping specifics and second parts. If you have anything you want to do before the party reunites and this swamp segment is over, do it now, because SOMETHING is going to happen in the next couple of (real-time) days.
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  ZamuelNow on Mon May 20, 2013 1:29 am

Keen quickly looks to see if one of the remaining flowers was still intact after the calamity, figuring it might be of use later, then follows the newly opened path so they can reunite with the rest of the group.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Z2 on Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm

The party emerges from the swamp, meeting up on the other side... A mysterious force draws the djinn from Pumpkin, and he flees, shocked...

You should REALLY try to figure out what just happened.

Spoiler:
Perception Check!
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 pm

The "eyes" of this party quickly gets to looking around to what the buck just happened.

Perception Check:
1D20+23 => [ 9 ] +23 = 32
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Z2 on Tue May 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Off in the distance, but rapidly approaching, you see what looks to be an enormous sphere of water with an indistinct figure leading it... The sheer volume of the thing appears to be distorting the distance, but you likely have time for but a single action...
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue May 21, 2013 9:47 pm

"EVERYPONY WATCH OUT! WE GOT INCOMING!" Icy quickly calls out with panic seeing the ball of water coming for them.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue May 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Icy must have spotted something and with what she said about her wings there's no way they could run from it. With thoughts rapidly running through her head, Keen could only think of one thing to do. Grabbing her hammer, she swung at the nearest tree with all her might in the hopes of knocking it down. A makeshift wall would hopefully slow down whatever Icy saw.

Spoiler:
Craftsmare (Fabricate) - 2/Day
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds
You convert up to 30 cubic feet of material per level of one sort into a product that is of the same
material. Thus you could fabricate a wooden bridge from a clump of trees, a rope from a patch of hemp
etc. Creatures or magic items cannot be created or transmuted by the fabricate talent. The quality of items
made by this spell is commensurate with the quality of material used as the basis for the new fabrication,
thus using rotten wood for construction would result in a rotten wooden bridge. You must make an
appropriate skill check as if you were crafting the item by hoof to fabricate articles requiring a significant
degree of craftsmanship (such as well-crafted weapons or a catapult).

If an addition check is needed: Mechanics (4) + 15 = 19 Hope a check isn't needed with that roll since it's just a basic wall instead of something complex.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Z2 on Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Spoiler:
There aren't really supposed to be any trees around here, but you successfully make a wall and trench out of the soil... pretend you have a shovel.
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  kajisora on Wed May 22, 2013 9:23 am

"Wait what? Incoming? who? where? And maybe when?"
Gusty dismisses her air guitar and flies up. A bit of lightning might help if whatever Icy is shouting about turns out to be unfriendly.

Maybe lightning strikes...once?:

1d20+7+5-5
10+7 = 17
-5 from flight
avatar
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 719
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Colter Bolt on Wed May 22, 2013 9:37 am

Dancing thinks about conjuring up a forcefield, but instead ducks down behind Keen's makeshift wall.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 am

Silver ducks down and covers her head, somehow managing to conjure a force-field as she does so.
(Activating Jack of All Trades for the second time this day to get the Forcefield utility talent.)
Forcefield:
Forcefield - 1/Day
Preparation Time: 1 Minute
Duration: 10 mins - 4 hours (if sustained with constant concentration)
Size: Up to 100-feet diameter
Conjure a spherical, semi-transparent force field at a chosen location. You may open holes in the force-field at will. It is considered under the effect of the Immovable talent once cast - and can support up to 5000 pounds. When cast, the user makes an Arcana check - which becomes the DC for shattering the force field with an opposing athletics or arcana check (the arcane check options requires Magecraft).
Roll! (Arcana. Force-field strength)
Roll:

Roll(1d20)+10:
13,+10
Total:23

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Z2 on Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm

An azure alicorn quickly comes into view at the head of the orb of water. She slams down on top of the dirt wall, crushing it, and gives a tentative poke to your forcefield before stepping back and waiting patiently... deciding NOT to break it.

Getting a closer look, you can tell that the alicorn stands tall and graceful, with a cutie mark like a wave of nebulae and a coat like the purest water. Her mane and tail flow around her like snowdrifts.

"Well, at last Trixie meets the heirs of the so-called warriors of harmon...
...
You are not related to the warriors...
..."


The alicorn stamps a single hoof and the sphere of water vanishes.

"Good for you, Trixie supposes. Ignoring 'hereditary destiny' and all that nonsense. The Mare With One Eye On The Future told Trixie, for a basket of muffins, that the adventurers emerging from the swamp on this day would be the key to her plans to... 'be heroic', one way or another. Trixie would like to take this opportunity to make some allies...

Trixie graces you with her presence, her wealth, and YOUR replacement earth adept."


"Trixie" unceremoniously drops a copper colored, apparently unconscious zebra in your trench, then shouts:

"SHEAR, SLIME, GET OVER HERE!"

A pair of mercury djinn appear out of nowhere:
"Uhuhuhuhuh..."
"Yes, oh great and powerful Trixie?"
"Acquisition of assorted trash is your only talent. Follow these loser... fine ponies around and make sure they can stay equipped for the situation."
"Anything for you, Trixie"
"Huhuh... Sure."

"Spectacular, now, Trixie cannot be seen with you... because it would deprive you of valuable learning experiences and glory. So, she bids you farewell."

With a crack, the alicorn vanishes and you are left alone again, with two dopey looking djinn.

Spoiler:
OOC: you know have access to the recommended gear for your level at all times, just summon these two to switch your stuff out...
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu May 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Icy blinks a few times. "...ah...What the buck just happened...? And...the hay was that about 'warriors of harmon'?"
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu May 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Keen gives a displeased snort as she eyes her wall that had been so unceremoniously destroyed. Clearly her fortification techniques needed some work. Redirecting her attention to the two djinn she frowns. "I heard that 'loser' comment she made. You two aren't here to cause us trouble, are you?"
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Colter Bolt on Thu May 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Dancing stands up, shaking a few pieces of wood off, and walks over to the zebra. "Hey, you all right?" He asks, poking it a little.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Thu May 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Silver stays sitting and tries to remember if she heard of warriors of Harmon before.
Roll! (History: Anything about warriors?)
Roll:

Roll(1d20)+10:
10,+10
Total:20

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 pm

"That was extreamly random..." Icy comments as her mind slowly reboots after that really insane event that just transpired.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  kajisora on Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm

Gusty shakes her head to clear out the shock. Staring at the place where this...Trixie had just departed
"Wow. And I thought mom had an ego...."

Noticing the zebra that was apparently going to join them, she flies over to get a closer look.
Zebra inspection:

1d20+7
4+7 = 11
avatar
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 719
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Everfree Forrest on Sun May 26, 2013 1:16 am

As the Zebra is approached, up she rises. The last thing she remembers is being put into hibernation mode after being told she is to be given to the Gods. She muses internally "Could these be the Gods?" Then, "These ponies look almost as bewildered as I." She looks around deliberately, wonders if she should remain quiet, then decides to offer a subdued "Hi."
avatar
Everfree Forrest
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun May 26, 2013 1:25 am

"Hello... Some random Alicorn... Popped up... Called us lame... And dropped you off with us..." Icy said still a little in shock, just being upfront about what just happened. "You got any clue about this?"
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  kajisora on Sun May 26, 2013 8:28 am

"She also called us something like 'the heirs of the warriors of harmon'...."
Gusty scratches the back of her head.
"Don't think I've heard of a place by that name."
avatar
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 719
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

"Yet... Something about that kinda sound firmalar..." Icy mused, then it clicked. "Wait... Did she maybe mean the "warriors of harmony"? No... No way... No way at all... That'd highly unlikely... And makes even less sense..."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Sun May 26, 2013 8:58 am

"Yeah, we're just trying to map the world not make it go even crazier."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun May 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Keen realized that in reacting to the alicorn's words, she was ignoring the new arrival. Calming herself, she attempted to greet the quiet zebra. Outstretching a hoof, "Welcome. As long as you don't run off half crazy or randomly explode or something we're glad to have you."
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Everfree Forrest on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:36 am

"Last I knew, I was shut down as an offering for the goddess of winter; so I guess I don't know much either... My name is Zebomba, and I guess I'm traveling with you now: where are we going?"
avatar
Everfree Forrest
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderers of Weyard

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum