A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Z2 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:09 am

Approaching the ticket booth reveals that the ticket dispenser is running without an operator. The sound coming from it is somewhat muffled, and there is already a large pile of tickets on the counter... the tickets appear to have portraits on them.

As the figure is called out to, it trots down the path very slightly - approaching it further requires delving into the mist.
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:49 pm

"This... Feels weird... And looks weird..." Wild Blue comments, and starts to wonder back to the others... Then noticed out of the connor of her eye some figure... This prompted her to fly at the figure, with the hope of finding some answers, quickly.

flight check:
Acrobatics: 2H20+18+1D4 => [ 11; 3 = 11 ] +18+ [ 3 ] = 32

(OOC: Because I think we're working with dream logic that will justify such weird and Meta IC actions... Or we'll find something that has this oddness make total sense later. If I am wrong I'll edit at Z's request. Tickets with portraits seems odd, but not something she'd care to learn more about. But a weird mystery figure... She'll run headfirst to greet such a thing. So unless Z askes me to change I'm going with this post as is. *fingers crossed* Edit: Thought I was doing things wrong. Hope this rework works with more IC-ish logic.)
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Colter Bolt on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Wihkuk moves over to the ticket booth and notices the tickets. He examines the portraits on them.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  tygerburningbright on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Cassiopeia seeing Wild Blue fly off decides to chase after her.

Spoiler:
Roll(1d20)+15:
17,+15 +1 +1
Total:34
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Caden2112 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:00 pm

"Wha...!? Hey, wait up, you two!" Porko broke into a run after them, trying to keep up with the two...He was falling behind, but it was hard to find his way in the mist...!!

Athletics to keep up:

1d20+12 = 14+12 = 26
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Z2 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:41 am

Wild Blue very nearly gets lost in the mist, but Cassie catches up quickly. With the two together, they manage to proceed to the figures location. It walks forward to meet them...

and it's a mirror.

You aren't entirely sure how you saw a reflection through that mist, but before Cassie and Wild is a mirror.

Porko calls out, and tries to follow his allies... but he isn't quick enough, and begins disappearing into the mist.

Meanwhile, Wihkuk examines the pictures. None of them SEEM that familiar, though you think you see the mare who brought the sleeping masks on one ticket.
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:05 am

"That is Impossible. This must be some sort of trick. Now if I do that perhaps..." Cassiopeia whips her tail around and slams it into the mirror.

Spoiler:
Roll(1d20)+15:
5,+15
Total:20
looks like my bad luck is starting already...
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Ramsus on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Note notices that she's all alone now and calls out, "Anyone found anything important?"
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:13 pm

"WE FOUND A MIRROR?" Wild Blue calls out from in the mists, turning away before Cassie tried smashing the thing.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:35 pm

"I FOUND TICKETS WITH PICTURES ON THEM!" Wihkuk calls out. "ONE OF THEM LOOKS LIKE THE SLEEPING-MASK MARE FROM THE TRAIN!"
Spoiler:
rolls to learn more from the tickets.
Perception: 18+11=29
History:15+7=22
Streetwise: 17+8=25
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Z2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:12 pm

No sooner does Wild Blue's shout conclude than she notices Cassie being pulled into the mirror by her tail. The pegasus was too distracted to properly respond, and gets drawn through the object with Cassie.

Meanwhile, Wishful Thinking's continued prodding around the ticket dispenser leads to it creaking and smoking. With a soft 'poff' it disgorges three final tickets into the air. Examination of them reveals the portraits of Steam, Tourmaline, and one that merely shows green flame...


Last edited by Z2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Caden2112 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Porko was confused...He must have lost his way...He ambled about for a moment, trying to find his way back to the others..."Tickets and a mirror...? Uhm...Anyone got any idea about what's up with either one?" he called, trying to figure out where the others were. Still, where were Blue and Cassie...? They'd vanished into the fog, it seemed! Come to think of it, had the fog gotten thicker or was it just him? Huh...Regardless, he kept on...Standing around wouldn't accomplish anything.

Perception:

1d20+3 = 4+3+1 (party) = 8
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Z2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Porko can't see anything at all... Not even the mist anymore, the only thing is an unsettlingly lough dripping sound in the distance.

Spoiler:
Only Porko can hear it, also, the rest of you didn't hear what he said.
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:46 pm

"Now that backfired spectacularly. So where are we now?" Cassiopeia wonders alound as she looks around.

Spoiler:
Roll(1d20)+4:
15,+4 +1
Total:20


Last edited by tygerburningbright on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Wild mutters as she looked around herself. "No clue... But this is your fault... You know that right?"

Perception check:
1D20+12+1 => [ 18 ] +12+1(party bonus) = 31
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Paper Shadow on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Z2 wrote:Meanwhile, Wishful Thinking's continued prodding around the ticket dispenser leads to it creaking and smoking. With a soft 'poff' it disgorges three final tickets into the air. Examination of them reveals the portraits of Steam, Tourmaline, and one that merely shows green flame....
As Steam sees his portrait on the ticket, he merely gulps at the thought of what it could mean. He knew what to do with animals, and what to do with ponies, but creepy magical ticket dispensers? Nope. This doesn't even remind him of any scary stories one would tell around the camp fire. He decides to let out a screech to call over a creature, any creature (well, any creature that doesn't have a taste for ponies, boars, or nagas), hoping that they will tell him what's happening...

(Call Animal (2/3 Left), Specification: a creature that would not eat Steam Irwing or his allies)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3659
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Colter Bolt on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:46 pm

"Oh, what was that?" Wihkuk asks, holding his ears.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Ramsus on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:17 pm

"I don't know but, I don't think I'll be putting it into a song anytime soon." Note responds with a wince.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Caden2112 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Wha...Where had the fog gone? Had he escaped it somehow...Still, that dripping was eerie...The boar turned to face it, blinking for a moment...He was a bit surprised...Maybe there was a water source nearby? Regardless, he held his ground for a moment, glancing around. "...Hello? Anypony there? C'mon, say something!!" Though, for a moment, he thought he saw something...

ACTION!:

In all seriousness, activating True Sight. Not sure if this is a good idea, mind you, but eh.
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Z2 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:50 pm

@Caden
Porko cannot help but exclaim at top volume, "WHAT THE HAY?!?" the instant he casts his spell... the party members ALL clearly hear it, before hearing and seeing nothing more from him...

@Steam
Your call causes what appears to be an enormous tapir to emerge from the mist... for now it merely sits and looks at you quizzically.

@Cassie & Blue
You find yourself on a rough cliffside, surrounded by desert. Train tracks, and a city of shadowy spires loom in the distance, but around you is only a sheer drop and a duo of caves... Wild can tell that one of the caves seems to suppress the light flowing into it.
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:13 pm

After hearing Porko's shout, and "seeing" him just vanish, Steam begins to lose his composure slightly. He deals with natural stuff, not supernatural. He does regain some confidence at the sight of an animal, even one so large. "Hello big fella," the bat pony says in a friendly tone to the giant tapir, "What's your name?"

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3659
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 pm

"Hm interesting a desert and a city of spires this may be the "Crystal Empire" that Trixie spoke of. So shall we head into the caves to find a way out or down the cliffs to the city?" Cassiopeia says actually making air quotes around Crystal Empire.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Z2 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:47 am

@Steam
The creature lets out out a series of snuffling and whistling squeaks, vaguely similar to (though much less grating than) Steam's call to attract it...
Though even Steam cannot understand the words, an unidentifiable flutter crosses the vision of the trio to spell out 'Chitose'.
avatar
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 838
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 am

tygerburningbright wrote:"Hm interesting a desert and a city of spires this may be the "Crystal Empire" that Trixie spoke of. So shall we head into the caves to find a way out or down the cliffs to the city?" Cassiopeia says actually making air quotes around Crystal Empire.
"Yeah... But didn't the Prince tell us that it was different, like all ice-like and cold?" Wild comments. "That's why we're being sent to check it out..."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:53 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:"Hm interesting a desert and a city of spires this may be the "Crystal Empire" that Trixie spoke of. So shall we head into the caves to find a way out or down the cliffs to the city?" Cassiopeia says actually making air quotes around Crystal Empire.
"Yeah... But didn't the Prince tell us that it was different, like all ice-like and cold?" Wild comments. "That's why we're being sent to check it out..."

Cassiopeia looks down at the much smaller Pegasus. " You do realize that I did not follow when you raced off with Porko. However I do believe that Note did mention it being surrounded by frozen lands. Also we are being sent their because a different principality that's almost identical to this one has claimed it. So where should we go?"
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum