Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS!

+3
XandZero2
Ramsus
Masterweaver
7 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS! - Page 3 Empty Re: LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS!

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:02 pm

(*shrug* It wasn't like I was making a hard sigh of going "Dang you foul creature pretending to be my ally, ruining all my plans!". I was just going "crud, oh well". While I agree that OOC communicating is fine sometimes, these guys just met. They really wouldn't have any idea Outcast would be planning something like that because she didn't tell them. Which was entirely her fault because she was trying to impress them.)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS! - Page 3 Empty Re: LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS!

Post  Masterweaver Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:03 pm

((You could have told ME.))
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:05 pm

(*lol* Let's move on. If Ramsus isn't upset, there's nothing to worry about)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:07 pm

(What? Why would I tell the GM my plans. Then he could prepare for them and figure out where to put down new rails in time to avoid trainwrecks! Pfft, telling the GM things. How silly. (Ok so, I just didn't think of it and I'm fine with rolling with minor blunders like this actually.)
Ninja'd: Yup, move it along folks. Nothing to see here.)
(Edit: Anyone send Lyric an invite PM? NOT IT!)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:15 pm

(Are we trapped in perpetual OOC, or is either Outcast or MW going to post?)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:44 am

((Sorry, the OOC convo threw me.))

"By the way, my friend, I'm curious to know - what brings you out to this lovely show?"

The diamond dog rolled his eyes. "I live in this fair city, do I not? Why wouldn't I enjoy seeing my home celebrated?" There was no lie in his eye.

He winked toward the zebra, "And my friends are very good at attracting attention." Balthazar's ears flickered, "Since we're being so nice about not drawing all the eyes in the crowd to you, why don't you let a poor jester in on the secret... Or some similar consideration. Otherwise..." His eyes snapped wide in a commanding stare, the same one he used to quiet an audience.

The pony winced, glancing around rapidly. "....Not here. Meet me after the parade, at the Orangefire diner. Reservation for Grape Weaver."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Masterweaver wrote:
The diamond dog rolled his eyes. "I live in this fair city, do I not? Why wouldn't I enjoy seeing my home celebrated?" There was no lie in his eye.

Z-Rock crossed his arms and nodded in understanding. "No doubt, my friend, no doubt with no end. A beautiful day to come out and be gay (I mean happy), I just wanted to know, was one thing most exciting you about this show? For me it's the music played well and clear - for you it could be something else this time of year."

(Note: Z-Rock doesn't want to get on Feldspar's bad side. He honestly likes the guy (because Feldspar likes his music!). He's just trying to get something to tell the others so they can cool their jets. If Feldspar shows signs of wearying of Z-Rock's company, Z-Rock will bid him good day and move on. If I need another Persuasion check, I get an... Oh... Well, I think I'm going to use my Stance [Stare] ability so Feldspar doesn't just start cursing me out. I rolled a natural 1, but I'll opt for my Dangerous Domain ability and boost it from a 13 to a 33 with the Stare. Z-Rock will recite his lines with a flourish and a spin into the Stance to attempt to get a smile from Feldspar. Tell me if I didn't need to make a Persuasion check. If so, I'll save all the stops for later.)
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:45 am

(23 to Perception to see if the councilor is attempting to deceive Balthazar in any way)

"No one's paying attention... Right now." Balthazar tossed a jolly wink. He held confidence that the councilor would get the point - he didn't want to give up his leverage at the moment. "But the more time you argue about it, the more time we have to grab some interested passerby's focus." (34 Persuasion to spill the beans now).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm

((Ramsus, do please tell me what your character is doing.))
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:44 pm

(Same, just watching. There really isn't anything productive for Outcast to be doing right now that I can think of besides serving as a double to try and make sure the councilor isn't lying to Balthazar.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:47 pm

((Siiiiiiiigh...))

The pony gave the donkey an extremely panicked look. "Who are you working for? If you're with the Circle--Now is not the time, we don't have anything yet!" Glancing around, he leaned in close. "Don't you breathe a word to anypony. Remember: Orangefire diner, Grape Weaver." Without another word, he teleported away.

This caught the attention of Feldspar, who glanced away from the zebra to look at the vacated spot with a raised eyebrow. "...I do apologize, my friend, but it seems something of rather pressing concern has come up. Please, don't mind me, enjoy the celebration." He retreated through the crowd, headed... somewhere.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Balthazar the incomparable lifted a hoof to stroke his imaginary goatee.

"Hmmm..." He murmured, "Most interesting. Not ready eh? Quite disappointing. Circle, circle, shirkle, blurble... My dirk'll pierce this rhyme. Yes, 'dirk'll' might be the best you get for that."

He trotted back passed Outcast as he made his way to the zebra, whispering a phrase in subtle passing.

"Gather round."
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:22 pm

"'Sup pup?" Z-Rock was starting to get a sinking suspicion that this ass mistook himself as the leader of their little band. This might call for some rhyme time...

(Bronx sure is trying to lead, eh? We might have a bit of a dispute on our hooves... After all, Z-Rock is used to playing the lead.)
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Balthazar relayed what had just happened casually amidst the clutter of noise.

"A curious turn of affairs... What do you two think about it?"

(*laughs* As much as I'd love a friendly rhyme-battle at some point, Balthazar doesn't currently even see the three as a 'group' yet - he's just forging ahead on his own curiosity and sharing the idle gossip with some people he's met. I'm not sure Balthazar has ever been the leader of anything in his life.)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:11 pm

"That was....odd. I guess you should go meet him where he mentioned at said time? I'm certainly curious. Z-rock, did you manage to get anything from the diamond dog?"

(Sorry if you guys were waiting on me or something, I was somewhere without internet access most of the day. So, looks like we have a lot of potential players...suddenly. Figures it all piles on at once where it comes down to MW having to pick who gets to be in and who doesn't. Though I agree with Stairc that 5 is about the right party size for a play by post game (depends on the circumstances/people of course).)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
(*laughs* As much as I'd love a friendly rhyme-battle at some point, Balthazar doesn't currently even see the three as a 'group' yet - he's just forging ahead on his own curiosity and sharing the idle gossip with some people he's met. I'm not sure Balthazar has ever been the leader of anything in his life.)

(Okay, I'm going to have to call Bronx out on this one then.)

Ramsus wrote: "That was....odd. I guess you should go meet him where he mentioned at said time? I'm certainly curious. Z-rock, did you manage to get anything from the diamond dog?"

(I'm not going to even try figuring out how to use Teal type...)

Z-Rock rested a hoof on his Cannon, crossed his legs and grinned. "Without a doubt, I found that dog out. But before I get to that," Z-Rock turned to Bronx, "I think we should have ourselves a little chat.

"Bronx my man, you may have a plan, but do you really need to shout and run all about? You need to relax, not take up the tracks."

Z-Rock slid his shades down so he could see Bronx eye to eye, "And don't forget to remember we only just met, yet you order me around like I'm some kind of pet. I'm not your war hound, ready to beat and pound - I don't appreciate this lack of respect, so I would ask that you reselect - choose a new 'tude, 'cause I'm not part of yer brood, an' you already called me a disgrace to the zebra race in front of my face, dude. So Bronx, hey, what'dya say? You seem cool enough, and our friend's okay," " Z-Rock nodded to Outcast, "but I need an apology if I'm expected to stay."

Last edited by XandZero2 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:56 am

Balthazar raised an eyebrow.

"Honestly, I'm not even sure what you just said. I caught a few things here or there, but I think those just confused me more."
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:02 am

"H-hey now. Calm down. He's a jester right? I'm sure he didn't mean to be mean." (note: Outcast trying to rhyme again.) "You two are the only people I know. Don't fight. Please? I don't think I could bare being alone in all this....this." Outcast says, giving Z-rock and Balthazar a sad look, and indicating the crowd with a turn of her head.

(No need to fight over who's leader guys. Outcast is totally the leader anyway. =P )

Last edited by Ramsus on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:03 am

(Here we go...)

Z-Rock pulled up his shades and frowned. "Bronx, you are dense. Either that, or you're lacking in sense - but" and Z-Rock turned to Outcast and his expression softened, "I don't mean to scare. Outcast, you have no need to beware."

Z-Rock smiled. "You guys are fun but you like to run. That's not my thing, I like to sing, but I can respect a bit of curiosity, 'specially when there's such marvelosity. This city's full of interesting faces, interesting people, and interesting races. Our canine friend is just such a one," Z-Rock produced the business card for the others to see, "and his meetings with me? They've only just begun."

(Keep in mind, I'm not getting on you personally Stairc, but Bronx called Z-Rock a disgrace to the Zebra race, then went on to boss him around and threaten other people using him like some kind of hired muscle. Bronx has not scored many points with the Zebra Rock-Star so far.

Outcast is totally going to be the reason this team stays together Very Happy )
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:44 pm

(*laughs* Don't worry, I know it's not personal. The Zebra didn't exactly score points with Balthazar in the first place by blasting his guitar and similar antics. I sense a friendly rivalry brewing)

"Or perhaps you should approach less... Creative rhymes." The donkey winked, "Marvelosity, for example, I'm not familiar with. Now Generosity, Velocity, Ferocity, Monstrosity, Atrocity, Viscosity - those I might recognize."

He gave a good-natured chuckle. He found himself liking the fellow. True, he'd nearly deafened a few parade-goers for no reason but to introduce himself and caused quite the disturbance, to the point where a police-pony had felt the need to give the fellow a talking-to, but he was clearly a passionate performer. Such a passion for performance made Balthazar overlook such things, especially as he felt he'd done well in the initial rhyming encounter.

"Well, it seems we have ourselves a riddle here. I confess, I'm curious as to what's under-hoof. Where shall we turn next?"
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 pm

And as if sensing the time was right, Outcast's stomach growled. "O-oh. Balthazar if you were hungry you should have just come out and said so. I'll gladly let either of you pick where we should dine." (Persuasion to pass off the stomach growl onto Balthazar (I thought of adding He Did It! but...it's daily, so no.) 12 + 6 = 18 )
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:59 pm

(Perception to see through the deception - Natural 1)

Balthazar leaped a little in surprise. He hadn't even known he was hungry. Well, a fine job of his stomach to warn him. Most considerate.

"Ah! A fine idea. I know many a place fair to dine at. In fact... A certain place mentioned by that councilor might be interesting."
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:15 pm

"Ass a mine," Z-Rock winked beneath his shades, "I don't see why that's not fine. No doubt the Orangefire Diner is on your mind? Hopefully it's not a tough place to find. Now let me see, let me see... the Organgefire Diner? Does that sound familiar - to me?"

(Z-Rock is going to make a Street-Smarts check to see if he knows anything about the Diner. Got a 17. Not too impressive, but oh well. Maybe he'll recall the daily lunch special?)
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:18 pm

"Caught me cold. Curious fellow am I." He grinned.

(Good idea on the Streetwise check. I got 10+15 for 25 on mine.)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:23 pm

((The Orangefire diner is one of the establishments owned by the Oranges. It's rather high class. And that's all you know.))
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next