Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

+10
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Whiteeyes
Zarhon
Curunir
Dusk Raven
Z2
Quietkal
14 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) - Page 2 Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 am

The only bad thing is that I don't have Fleshrender, which currently doesn't matter as no one inflicts ongoing damage.

Also, my character is a fully-armoured storm-mage. I doubt you'll call that 'ordinary'
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) - Page 2 Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Quietkal Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:The only bad thing is that I don't have Fleshrender, which currently doesn't matter as no one inflicts ongoing damage.

Also, my character is a fully-armoured storm-mage. I doubt you'll call that 'ordinary'
Sorry, guess I was distracted by the "changeling-who-forgot-he's-a-changeling" part, whereby he acquires the "normal" title.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Quietkal wrote:Sorry, guess I was distracted by the "changeling-who-forgot-he's-a-changeling" part, whereby he acquires the "normal" title.

He didn't exactly 'forget' it, as that means he has to remember it in the first place.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:16 am

Beep boop bump. Couple notes in this post.

1. Definitely going to carry this into multiple fights, each with an alliterative title for the next letter of the alphabet. Hopefully we can get all the way through the alphabet this way.
2. Abominable has been set up and is finalized. Barry's Beastly Brawl just needs some last-minute detailing, and Chaotic Conundrum's concept has been formed.
2. Boss has received some updates to stuff, but none specifically aimed at any of your characters. Just better interpretations of what the talents were intended to do.
3. Boss does have 2 custom made status effects it can inflict. Both are combination effects, similar to daze (Meaning they cause an already canon effect AND a little special something something).
4. Boss can and will dance. :^I
5. @Fury, I don't really understand how Storm could never have known he was a changeling, but if that's what you're going with it's cool.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:10 am

In response to 5. You remember everything about you real young age? Like, 1-2? Okay, maybe 3-4

We still gonna wait for more people, or can I make more characters just incase no one else turns up?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Bah you've had too few people for far too long I shall toss my hat in the ring if you would have me.

Meet "The Joy".
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:03 pm

I don't have access.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Accessible now, thank you. The Joy seems <redacted>, and I particularly like the flavor for Wave of Zeal. I'll add her to the list. :^)

[edit] actually, just noticed she's short a combat talent. If you wanna pick up one more that'll do
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Fool Me Twice, I meant to do that and Crushing Blow? Along with a lot of dice rolls? Not a pure crit-build, but I see this getting some pretty spectacular crits.

I'm guessing back up characters in case we don't have enough people was a no?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Yeah, just one character per player.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm guessing your sure we'll get enough people then?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:55 am

After seeing The Joy I'm hard-pressed to come up with some good flavor...

But first, combat build. I've put together the following talents, and as I've never made a level 10 character before, was hoping to get some feedback:

Armored Core:

The original flavor... well, if any of you have played Armored Core V (and I believe most of you haven't), than that's the basic idea. Of course, I was originally using this for something where pretty much anything went. I think I'll reflavor it to a pony with a heavy-duty magitek gun harness.

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:11 am

The flavor looks good and I am assuming that you are taking dangerously talented multiple times...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Dangerously Talented would only need be taken once. That there's 9 talents.
I've never been big on mecha games, but the flavor and talents look fine. I can't exactly offer suggestions for the build though, knowing what's coming down the pipe.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:53 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:The flavor looks good and I am assuming that you are taking dangerously talented multiple times...

Nah. The core build really only requires Burst Attack, Scan Mode, and Sniper Shot. Anything else is just for versatility. I'll likely take Gun Chain in the event we end up fighting multiple foes and Ultimate Weapon: Grind Blade for when things get dangerous.

(really, Fireball shouldn't even be on that list... forgot to delete it from my initial options list)

Alternatively, I thought about a build which pretty much focuses on the above three talents and single-target attacks... with the flavor being a hunter and his/her sniper rifle.

On that note, for some reason I really want to RP a pony criminal, so dangerous that they were imprisoned in an inescapable prison (not quite "banished to the moon" severe)... but have been let out to fight this antagonistic abomination, the reward being their freedom.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Um... I'd like to note out you have a good deal of AoE attacks... Far as we know we are only going to be dealing with a solo monster fighter.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:37 pm

He does know that, its there just in case. If the monster splits in two or something.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Or summons minions. With such a multi-stage battle, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect multiple targets at some point. Maybe there'll even be a stage where various sections of it are targetable.

EDIT: First post says no summoning minions, hmm. Guess that lends my "single-target" build idea a bit more credence...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Or summons minions. With such a multi-stage battle, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect multiple targets at some point. Maybe there'll even be a stage where various sections of it are targetable.

EDIT: First post says no summoning minions, hmm. Guess that lends my "single-target" build idea a bit more credence...
Whoops. Those would have been good twists. Maybe this baddie'll make a recurrence with some modifications if you all defeat it. I'd place it at a coin flip if the rest of the team builds like you all are.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Well, feel free to give thisĀ  battle whatever twists you feel are fun. After all, we should be prepared for anything, right? As it stands my character will be using the same three moves over and over unless something changes.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:31 pm

My character will use the same combination of moves, and will probably soak up all the damage.

Question, do we have a healer?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm

We... do not. Ergh, took me long enough to come up with this build...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:05 pm

When, we are looking for 8 people, so hopefully one of the remaining people will make a healer.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:52 pm

I could be wrong and you guys might want more heals (your choice), but Curunir's "Character 10" seems pretty heal-y, what with Pacifism and those heal talents and that staff.

Dusk, if you wanna put that build into a document with some items and 6 traits, that'd be rocking and I'll add you to the list.

Additionally, I'm having probably too much fun creating follow-up fights. Don't get me wrong, Abominable Antagonist and Barry's Beastly Brawl should be interesting, but I'm really excited for Chaotic Creature Conundrum. So many fun choices for you guys.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:55 pm

We're going for the entire alphabet, aren't we?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next