Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony Tales - Monster Compendium 2nd Edition

+2
sunbeam
tygerburningbright
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pony Tales - Monster Compendium 2nd Edition  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pony Tales - Monster Compendium 2nd Edition

Post  sunbeam Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:38 am

So it's generally clear how Danger ratings scale with more 1st level players: If 4 first level players can win 50% of the time, then doubling everything they do (8 first level players who, for the sake of this simplification, are 2 identical sets of the original 4) should win 100% of the time. But how do Danger Ratings scale with level? I can calculate the exact amount of gold that each 1st level character is worth (5 standard actions of battle+3 standard actions of gold=8000 gold), then compare that amount of gold to the equivalent power level of my party (also in gold, but with traits and whatnot), but this feels clunky and derived. Is there a quicker, simpler, or more precise way to calculate danger ratings for higher level parties?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Pony Tales - Monster Compendium 2nd Edition  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pony Tales - Monster Compendium 2nd Edition

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:08 am

There isn't one sorry but well you could try and make one...

side note personally I add .25 per character per level
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:13 pm

I'll try that for some encounters and my straight mathematical approach for other encounters, and I'll get back to you on which ones are balanced.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2