Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony Tales Racing: Normal and Combative by Hayatecooper

4 posters

Go down

Pony Tales Racing: Normal and Combative by Hayatecooper Empty Pony Tales Racing: Normal and Combative by Hayatecooper

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EApvmc5-oQ2mGNJ7HtKPIx-F4GLLVHI-CtKlz4BjhaI/edit#

Hi, I've done another thing. Yeah, I seem to do that a lot.

So this is for my Shadow Walkers campaign and I'm interested in getting as much community feed back as I can. It's built as essentially both a normal racing supplement but also gives Cart Combat options, it is built to be run over Skype but of course can be used to run in PbP.

As to weapons, I know there aren't many, but I hope together we can create some interesting and memorable ones.

Thanks for the help!
Hayatecooper

P.S. Thanks again and keep being awesome. Also Spectators slots are still open for the campaign if people want to watch us making butts of ourselves Razz
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Pony Tales Racing: Normal and Combative by Hayatecooper Empty Re: Pony Tales Racing: Normal and Combative by Hayatecooper

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:38 pm

NEEDS MORE WEAPONS... And overall looks quite cool. I can't wait to try it out. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Pony Tales Racing: Normal and Combative by Hayatecooper Empty Re: Pony Tales Racing: Normal and Combative by Hayatecooper

Post  conantheghost Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Sounds pretty fun!

Obligatory Wheel Spikes - Light Weapon
1/round
Range: Touch
Roll Brawn ?? - If you succeed deal 1d8 to either the cart or one puller(direction matters, and you must be slightly ahead to attack pullers). If the opposing cart also has Wheel Spikes, they make make a check to deal damage to you as well(cart only). Inspired by classic chariot races.

Dueling Baguettes - Light Weapon
1/round
Range: Touch
Roll Precision ??/VS - If you succeed deal 1d8 to any single pony. If the opposing cart also has Baguettes, you may engage in an (mostly) Honorable Duel. Each party rolls Precision, and the winner deals 1d8 damage to his opponent. Inspired by Tales from the Scootaverse.

Last edited by conantheghost on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 am

Ooh those I like!
Both are interesting and allow for violence against pony and chariot alike, something I neglected to do. Good point.

Also partially stealing from fanfics?
A creator after my own heart Razz
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:58 am

Suggestion: rename Pie Cannon to Party Cannon(lessen range to reflect shotgun nature), increase mounted crossbow range to 10, give me access to edit doc

New Pie Cannon(Medium Weapon)
1/2 rounds
Range: 6 feet
Precision 25 - Target Pony gets -10 on all checks in next round.

Bottle Rocket(Light)
1/round(special)
Range: 10 feet
Precision 30 - Interrupt a ranged attack.

Bic Macross Apple Massacre(Heavy)
1/5 rounds
Range: 10 feet
Precision 25*5 - Pelt the opposition with many homing attacks. 1d8 per apple, random targets(roll 1d4 for Pony1-3, cart).

Vroom Broom(Medium)
1/2 rounds
Range: 2 feet
Brawn 20: Sweep the enemy off their feet! Or do some cleaning... Move one obstacle you would hit this round in front of the another cart, or give the pullers -5 on their next check.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:13 am

conantheghost wrote:give me access to edit doc

I do assume your kidding Razz

I might make the party cannon as another weapon(One of my players was complaining they wanted one, though the party cannon is a fairly specific Pinkie Esq thing so I'll see)

Your weapon ideas are interesting, but I'm trying to stay away from interrupts just to stop it getting to complicated.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the system itself? Worried about complexity.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Hammer-Gun (Medium)
1/3 Rounds
Range: 5 feet
Target either the Steerer or Damager. Roll an opposing precision check against that opponent's endurance. If you win, they are knocked silly, and are unable to assist, make checks, fight, or otherwise act, until they succeed in two DC25 endurance checks to recover. The checks DC's are reduced by two each time the cart takes damage or they fail the check. If the target itself takes damage, they pass one of the saves.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down