Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) Empty Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Lyntermas Thu May 16, 2013 3:36 am

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:Konorad is hanging back at the ship, currently. He's totally NOT playing around with RenKin's pouch Razz
*Gang gets back to the ship, sees Konorad stuck in a pile of gold*
Torque: ...Konorad?
Konorad: ...Yeah?
Torque: ...Do you have any new discoveries or insights you'd like to share with us?
Konorad: ...No.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  tygerburningbright Thu May 16, 2013 5:16 pm

I am a very forgetful idiot I meant to post these as soon as I told you you were leveling up. Haki traits. Comments or ideas would be very helpful.

Beginner's Armament
Whenever you roll the maximum value on a damage dice that action also ignores resistance and grants resistance equal to half the roll until the end of your next turn.

Beginner's Observation
You may use the following talent
[0]Observation minor action
For the rest of the battle target creature is considered to be blind when targeting you for a single target attack. This effect may only be applied to a one creature at a time

Will make the next two when you hit level 3.

Character list
1 Torque
2 Shallow
3 Boomer
4 62
5 Totoise
6 Carat

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 6 times in total
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Zarhon Thu May 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Do we gain one/both of these for free, or do we pick one of them in place of the other traits?

"Beginner's Armament"
is usable on any damage dice so it might be really easy to trigger if you have low-value dice, like 1d4 attacks. In addition, there isn't any actual duration on it, so on a lucky d20 roll, you can get 10 resist for the rest of the encounter. Smile Is this intended?

"Beginner's Observation" looks fairly nice.

Edit: Whoops, didn't notice Beginner's observation had the "once per battle".
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:Konorad is hanging back at the ship, currently. He's totally NOT playing around with RenKin's pouch Razz

*Gang gets back to the ship, sees Konorad stuck in a pile of gold*
Torque: ...Konorad?
Konorad: ...Yeah?
Torque: ...Do you have any new discoveries or insights you'd like to share with us?
Konorad: ...No.

"...And get out of my bedroom."

BTW. If Konorad is at the ship, and Zenith is at the ship, and Zenith's player is dropping out, how should Konorad be reacting to that? Is he just gone, is the GM handling him for now, or what?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Knowing his/our luck, he's probably wrestling a Sea King right now to stop it breaking/eating the ship, and gets tossed/carried off who-knows-where in the process.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Zarhon wrote:Do we gain one/both of these for free, or do we pick one of them in place of the other traits?

"Beginner's Armament"
is usable on any damage dice so it might be really easy to trigger if you have low-value dice, like 1d4 attacks. In addition, there isn't any actual duration on it, so on a lucky d20 roll, you can get 10 resist for the rest of the encounter. Smile Is this intended?

"Beginner's Observation" looks fairly nice.

Edit: Whoops, didn't notice Beginner's observation had the "once per battle".

Right then you have to actually pick them,would a one turn resistance for Armament be good, and how many times should observation be able to be used?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 pm

One turn resist duration sounds okay.

And I think the once per battle on beginner's observation is fairly balanced - I just commented cause I made a post about it being spammable (and thus, a bit OP), but then I noticed it had the "once per battle you may use..." line. Embarassed

Although, it could be modified slightly, like letting you choose a new target if the current one is KO'd. Or just giving it 2/battle.

Question is, would this effect stack in addition to blindness? Would a creature that is blinded have to toss two coins (1/4 chance of hitting), for both effects?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri May 17, 2013 1:46 am

Beginner's Observation looks like it would work for Torque. As for "once per battle vs only one target at a time", the main problem is if you are dealing with multiple mook enemies vs two mooks and a boss. If you use Beginner's Observation on a mook who's taken out before you make your next turn, it feels a bit like a waste. Still, I will leave that to your discretion, Tyger.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri May 17, 2013 7:42 am

OK do they seem better now?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri May 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:BTW. If Konorad is at the ship, and Zenith is at the ship, and Zenith's player is dropping out, how should Konorad be reacting to that? Is he just gone, is the GM handling him for now, or what?

Still wondering about this.

Updated my character sheet. I may switch out a talent or two as well though...

Also, Heads Up Lynt: Eerie Focus is getting a massive change made, and will probably be updated periodically.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri May 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:
Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:BTW. If Konorad is at the ship, and Zenith is at the ship, and Zenith's player is dropping out, how should Konorad be reacting to that? Is he just gone, is the GM handling him for now, or what?

Still wondering about this.

Updated my character sheet. I may switch out a talent or two as well though...

Also, Heads Up Lynt: Eerie Focus is getting a massive change made, and will probably be updated periodically.

Sorry missed that. I am assuming direct control of Zenith for now...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm

Okie dokie lokie! I guess I'm just waiting on the other players to get there then.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 17, 2013 8:57 pm

I edited in my item changes for level two into my last post. In case it wasn't noticed. IC they are upgrades to the two items Boomer already has with her.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat May 18, 2013 12:19 am

Xel Unknown wrote:I edited in my item changes for level two into my last post. In case it wasn't noticed. IC they are upgrades to the two items Boomer already has with her.

...Xel, we're going to level 2, which provides 4000 gold. Your items currently add up to 6000 gold. This is a problem.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat May 18, 2013 2:35 am

I'll have my level two upgrades first thing ingame morning.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 am

OH yes... Guess what Trait I'll be taking come level two?

Gold is Power. XD

Forgot totally about that little important factoid when making that upgrade add on.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 18, 2013 6:55 am

So, should we upgrade to lvl 2 now, or...?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 18, 2013 4:22 pm

I say just declare what you are talking... We're not there, yet, but yeah... Nearly there.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat May 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Posted.

Tragic, isn't it.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat May 18, 2013 8:27 pm

...Grey you do realize that when I give out info on a nat 1 it is a complete and utter lie...

And yet I am reluctant to ask for changes when it is so clear that you put so much work into that post.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat May 18, 2013 10:08 pm

No, I did not realise that. (I should have, but I didn't.) And it was pretty close to what I was going to say anyways, so I just rolled with it.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat May 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Could you show me what you were going to say so I can decide if I need you to make that change.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat May 18, 2013 10:30 pm

The only major differences was that A) no sea ponies and B) she was originally a Devil Fruit User (Trap-Trap) which was how she got sealed; an accidental side-effect of her devil fruit. Basic ideas are the same though; they were married, had kids, she killed them, he "killed" her, he got rid of the container. I came up with all or most of that as soon as I heard the thing was sentient.

I like this better. It justifies Form Of The Sea Pony almost seamlessly, and adds some in-world depth (Pun is fully intended. Think about it a moment.)
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat May 18, 2013 10:50 pm

ah well I shall allow what you did originally. Just may come back to haunt you later...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat May 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Undoubtedly. I would just love to see some piece of backstory come back to the present. It's an RP challenge that I've been wanting for a while...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next