Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 20 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:36 pm

...Is it wrong that I'm rooting for Kukri in hopes of getting an open spot?

Or is there a contingency plan for that?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 20 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:12 pm

We won, guys! Woo-hoo!

Sorry, Crystalite. Better luck next time!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Well then... We got options on what next to do... Regardless of whatever we do we should try to play this off in a way to help build our rep and not ruin this guy's rep... If possible build both of our reps.. Cause I LOVE this guy and wanta help him. He also despite that one attack his personality is just plain great and he from what we know is a great honorable guy.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:21 pm

As I've said on Skype, our main/immediate goals at the moment would probably be:
A) Break/disable/open chain blocking our ship's path.
B) Escape.

Optional stuff could be:
a) Loot / rettrieve stuff the less-savory marines stole or looted themselves from others.
b) Check for prisoners.
c) Punch out any particularly vile/corrupt marines.
d) Put Tusken at rest (wherever he went).
e) Demolish fort for bounty purposes.
f) Investigate more about the coordinates/map Shallow and 62 know.
g) Repurpose marine boats into upgrades for our own.
h) Check isle for anything else interesting - friendly villages and such?
i) Investigate more about whoever passed before us - they likely can tell us who 'softened them up' prior to our arrival.

I agree with keeping Kukris alive and unharmed, unless he happens to show a "bad loser" streak, or some other form of dishonorable behavior. We probably should get some evidence that we KO'd him, though, if only for bragging rights / terrifying the other marines.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Best idea I got is that we maybe somehow build a bomb, scare off the rest of the Merines somehow, loot some of their armory and let the big man get away with the story of defusing our bomb... Or something like that. Not 100% sure... Maybe take his mask with us too. I call dibs on the mask if we do that.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Might wanna edit the last post, Lynt - Tortoise doesn't have a dig-dig fruit.  Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Curunir, your forcefield / general turtle durability could allow us to disarm (or intentionally trigger, akin to a controlled detonation) the belt's explosive/alarm in a "bomb-secure" environment.

Of course, it would be loud / attention-grabbing, and potentially damage the belt, but it beats the alternative.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 am

Good idea! Even better, is there anywhere we would happen to want a large explosion (Tortoise could still protect us with forcefield)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:09 am

Curunir wrote:Good idea!  Even better, is there anywhere we would happen to want a large explosion  (Tortoise could still protect us with forcefield)
Yeah, we could probably use it on the chain, even though we already know it's "weakness".

Depends on whether we can take the bomb/belt outside of the room/Kukris's office: That and wearing the belt itself are probably both triggers for the alarm, and the alarm probably causes the bomb to detonate (and/or toxin, if it's like the chest trap, and possibly alert the Marines what we're doing).

So unless we disable that trigger/link first (or check if they're linked to the bomb or similar details of it), we can't use this bomb on anything outside of the room we're in.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:15 am

yeah, I wasn't clear on that either. Though it sounded like the bomb was detonated by messing with the alarm system. Still, could be both as you say. Plus it's a problem if we want to leave quietly (though it would be anyways if we were planning on detonating it)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:47 pm

I have to admit, I don't get why we get an extra random annoying trap with that belt after we did those great rolls to get it's container open and junk. Cause if you didn't want us to take the belt Tiger you should've just told us that it hold personal value to Kirirs and we'd not touch it... Getting another hoop to jump though after dealing roll rolls to try and cover all our bases just seems alittle inane. Sure yeah, I did check to see if there was anything else... But more was hoping to find it clean.

And if you're just wanting to jump through another hoop to get the reward for the fight... Then what the hell dude? Or did you just not understand anything that your Players were doing with regards to taking the belt? I honestly don't know what to feel over this whole thing.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Whoever is closes to that cannon (aka whoever is last in line) should probably do something about that fuse. Should be 1 foot (30 centimeters) away from that person (asked on Skype - also, Kukris apparently uses the cannon for abs training).

Rest of us should probably duck for cover / get out of the cannon's line of fire / counter the cannon somehow (immovable springs to mind).

Edit: Except me, apparently. Any chance of stopping/blocking the cannon?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:42 pm

A few fort questions:

1) What floor are we on, currently? Ground floor, basements/underground, or up a few stories?
2) Is the hole big enough for a pony to fit through?
3 Where/how far is the "chain weakness room", compared to our current position (or is it this room?)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Warning taking cover is a very good idea...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Boomer isn't going to do that... She's going to be firing the dam thing after all! Also she's smart enough to make the firing location being a safe-zone for any boom that goes down.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:25 pm

So... Um... Your post was unclear to me Tiger... Did Boomer get hurt, like at all, or did her last second mods to have her firing-zone be safe good enough? All I'm sure of is that the rest of the crew got to mostly safity and there is superheated metal and junk.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:21 am

Xel Unknown wrote:So... Um... Your post was unclear to me Tiger... Did Boomer get hurt, like at all, or did her last second mods to have her firing-zone be safe good enough? All I'm sure of is that the rest of the crew got to mostly safity and there is superheated metal and junk.
I think Boomer is just appropriately covered in soot. She is mechanical, after all.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 am

I think I'll go with that... Unless I hear something else from Tiger about what happened to Boomer.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:10 pm

sure why not
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:53 pm

I got two ideas that might let us climb aboard and get the metal:

1) Weather-Crafter the ship over (wind pushes sails, waves turn it as needed).
2) Torque teleports someone onto the ship, who navigates it closer.

We may need to use both.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Another option is maybe Boomer using a charge of Advanced Ponykinesis (with a magic point, if needed) to throw herself and/or another pony to the ship... I'm sure the power of being able to lift 200 lbs or 1000 lbs should be able to make such a magical pychic throw. Personally I feel like doing that option myself just to help Boomer calm down from her "be to close to HUGE boom and get unharmed" thing that she kinda has.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:04 am

Whoever gets tossed/levitated (if it functions like 'flight' on a self-use) with telekinesis would also need to be a swimmer, lest an 'inaccuracy' lead to drowning. Ship navigation skills are a plus as well.

Advanced TK would also let us transfer the metal/cannons to the ship efficiently. We only need to close the gap to 50 feet of the hole/ship for it.

Gonna wait on Torque to see what he can come up with before going Weather-ing.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 am

I kinda love that there was a bit to talking here... Then nothing seemed to be fully resolved or plan be made to what we're doing next to get to that boat.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Someone should check out the boat's 'not sink' status with the new weight. And who/what we just anchor'd in the head.

I'd do it, but Shallow's too blissfully ignorant/optimistic of impending disasters/terrible at basic perceptive tasks to do it in-character. Plus, more cannon!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:03 am

Anyone else going to roll Perception/help repair ship/help fetch new cannon?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next