Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

5 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty My perception

Post  Seiko Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Perception 2 + 11 +*1 = 14 .... +? if Thunderscale is helping me.

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Seiko wrote:Perception 2 + 11 +*1 = 14 .... +? if Thunderscale is helping me.
I've PM'd you. Everypony else? Seiko has used her magic point for the day and I've also put a hold on further actions 'til we have some more input.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  Golmorgoth Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Flarestar will hide underneath the cart in N11 if possible; otherwise in A14, using the tree and cart as cover.

Perception: 17 + 7 = 24
Arcana: 12 + 11 = 23
Stealth: 12 + 7 = 19
Initiative 19! Woo

I think that covers everything. Also: Flarestar doesn't NEED to burn things. She could quit anytime she wants 0:)

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Zkin Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Thunderscale will hide in the cart at N11, then.

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Well, that was unexpected

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Launching itself sight unseen from K11, an armored pegasus (you don't recognize the armor style beyond "not royal guard" so don't bother rolling) flies over the top of the almost-empty cart, and hovers high enough above Thunderscale that he's not adjacent.

Staring down with periwinkle eyes that twist in madness and pain, there is a long, awkward pause, before he grins and says "Winter is coming, little worm. It will eat everyone of you eventually."

At the sight of this, a pair of pegasus mares (N9 & L10, currently) stop mid-flight to stare at the stallion.

As of this particular instant, no one has opened combat. Yet.

Seiko has first crack though, followed by Flarestar. Monsters for a time, after that.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Illusions

Post  Seiko Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:49 pm

I end the illusion upon myself.
Arcana/Magecraft to break the illusions 19 +18 + *1 (+ *5 if this counts for my freaky knowledge) = 38 (43)
"You have been discovered and your deceptive magics destroyed, surrender now and return the crops you have stolen."
Persuasion 9 + 11 +*1 = 21

If it appears that they will not agree I will "attack"

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty a sphere of light, and ...

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 pm

The rest of you see a rapidly expanding sphere of arcane energy expand from Seiko. It was very bright, and probably made you lose what a perception roll might have shown you.

The three pegasi I've pointed out reacted emotionally to the spell, but now that it has dissipated (and deformed into a square shape almost a hundred feet on a side) you don't see anything besides wild, tongue-lolling abandon on the stallion, and wide-eyed terror on the mares. All three are focused now on you, however, Seiko.

Flarestar doesn't seem to have been noticed, so we'll wait a time for that unicorn to act.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Prepared for Battle

Post  Golmorgoth Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Flarestar, seeing that she is not detected, will very carefully stick her head out and take careful aim at the stallion, ready to unleash a fireball at the first sign of hostility.

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty the Battle is joined! Take Damage!

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:57 pm

Golmorgoth wrote:Flarestar, seeing that she is not detected, will very carefully stick her head out and take careful aim at the stallion, ready to unleash a fireball at the first sign of hostility.
I should point out that's 10 squares ... fifty feet? Can you shoot that far?

First thing that happens, is the mares at L10 & N9 cautiously approach the the thunderscale / armored pair. Whispering something quickly, the stallion flies off to land at J9, glaring daggers at Seiko, but speaking nothing. The mares lower themselves to one square above the ground, at M -10 & 11, staring at the dragon like it's poisonous but not yet acting.

The two at C & D -5, however ... one of them screams "They're with the pegasi!" and proceed to pummel Seiko. First blow is a yellow stallion, who hits hoof first but is either not good at flying, hitting, or maybe both. two HP damage, and he stops in 6J

The faded blue pony with the purple eyes? You don't have time to see if it's a guy or a gal ... just a set of high-speed hooves that hit for 12 HP, and push Seiko into the support structure around the sapling at K5.

From H1/I1, a gasp and a scream. Not a scream of blood and anger, just the terror of impending death. Also, words. "They don't know anything. GET BACK. NOW."

OK, so that orange blob I told you, you all couldn't see? It's there now. Shaped like a 20' tall igloo made of ... stone? There are two arrow slits at ground level, and you can just make out the light of levitation from within those slits. From way down near Flarestar, three pegasi detach themselves from the branches where they were very well hidden, and double-move-at-a-run, disappearing into the top of the igloo.

Thunderscale is up. Probably. I'll let you know if you've been ninja'd Twisted Evil 
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Magic Makes it All Complete

Post  Zkin Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 am

Since combat has not formally started yet Since Thunderscale has not been involved in the melee yet, Thunderscale uses Phase Step to retreat into the nearby tree.

-edit- if this is not possible for whatever reason, Thunderscale will use Dude, smoke some weed on his captor.

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:18 am

Zkin wrote:if this is not possible for whatever reason, Thunderscale will use Dude, smoke some weed on his captor.
Your back was against a tree when combat started, as far as movement calculations go. Do you want to phase to P11, or pick one of the pegasi mares for your utility? (looking it up, now ...)

EDIT: err, huh? Which of you has been smoking, again? Also, phase step requires two rounds of prep time. So you can't do that yet.
Double-Edit: whatever goes on down in that corner probably won't affect you, so Seiko: top 'o th' round, to ya!

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : we'll get there, eventually.)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zkin Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:27 am

I should have declared my intention to use it, sigh.  Anyway - I understand my character is pinned, so he will use Kindness on his aggressor.

Last edited by Zkin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:30 am

Zkin wrote:I should have declared my intention to use it, sigh.  Anyway - I understand my character is pinned, so he will use Kindness on his aggressor.
Acknowledged ... which one? there are two (M10, M11)

Anyway, the response is the same. Bursting into tears, the mare grabs you and hoists you aloft. You are pinned by surprisingly strong legs some distance above the cart you were in. You can hear the other mare whispering calmly to your captor, but you can't make out the words over your captor's sobbing.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Seiko Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:34 am

I start with a critfisher. (Paying 2 pips to roll 5 d12s)
Roll(5d12)
10,7,12,4,4 (This activates my Special talent activating one of my combat talents randomly) How should I determine which?

HP 16
Pips 5

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:38 am

Seiko wrote: (This activates my Special talent activating one of my combat talents randomly)

I believe the accepted technique, is to number the talents ... then roll 1d5 for them. So, 1d10rounded down, I guess?

I just rolled a D10, got five ... let's call that "3" ... what's the middle talent you brought into battle?
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Call lightning!

Post  Seiko Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:43 am

Call lightning!
I strike the pale pony for 14 damage and all adjacent targets for 2, all affected creatures fall prone.

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:51 am

Seiko wrote:Call lightning!
I strike the pale pony for 14 damage and all adjacent targets for 2, all affected creatures fall prone.

The pale pegasus (also a stallion, you now have wherewithal to note) Grimaces, and cries out, his hide smoking as small arcs ground out for a bit longer between his ribs before finishing.

The yellow stallion is crying in pain, crumpled into a fetal position. The angry stallion technically is upright, but he doesn't look too good.

edit: nope Flarestar, you're out of range of that fireball but show some caution.

Per IM conversation, Thunderscale is going to try to talk to his captor.

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *not* ninja'd)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zkin Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:54 am

Speaking aloud to his captors: "Why am I more interesting than that?"  Thunderscale nods at the Orange glow.  "Who's side are you on?"

-edit- On his turn, Thunderscale begins preparing Phase Step.

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty I think I'm next?

Post  Golmorgoth Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:03 am

Assuming I'm next (I think I am but not certain?) Flarestar will use Flight as her move action to fly over the cart to G13, putting me in Fireball range of the two pegasi that have Thunderscale.  She will launch it, inflicting 7 damage in a burst 1 (probably hitting both pegasi, and Thunderscale too, oops Laughing )

"You let him go, right now!"

Pips: 5
HP: 30

Last edited by Golmorgoth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Pips/HP log)

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Not all was revealed

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:17 am

At F11, another armored pegasi ... summoned armor, you think, directs a narrow beam of levitation magic at you (Flarestar), hitting you for 9 damage. His armor looks much less spiffy now, than it does a split second ago.

off-screen the discussion between Thunderscale and his captor has happened but in-rounds not enough time has passed for his utility to be ready. So ... somewhere in there, there was a bright flash of light, okay Thunderscale? and the other mare moved to the far side of the one that's still beating her wings resolutely, refusing to let go.

your P.H. has real-life stuff going on, but I'll be back to relay what the "monsters" do shortly

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Specificity!)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zkin Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:20 am

Apparently my spellcasting has been interrupted, hmm...

Thunderscale converses with his aggressors, who release him.  Attempting to make the best of a bad situation, Thunderscale uses My Life is Yours on his his would-be captor (restoring all damage he has taken), and Survival Skills on himself.

Survival Skills: 3 + 3 = 6 (Net +1 HP)
Flarestar and Thunderscale both gain 8 temporary HP from Paramedic Robes.

Last edited by Zkin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:09 am

the yellow pegasus in J6 stands up, and kicks you (Seiko) angrily for 12 damage, and the force of it shoves you into K4. Contact with the summoned igloo give you insight into its nature ... it was not only conjured to be impenetrable, but quickly releasable. There will be no evidence when it goes away, that it was ever here.

The very badly injured pale blue stallion will get up, then fly up. He can't quite reach the exit, though. He's about 15 feet up, and I2.

Until Thunderscale activates phase-step, the one mare, named Windy apparently, grips tightly on her newfound friend, as if he was a life line to something long forgotten that made life worthwhile. Her tears will phase with him when he goes. The friend, name unknown, is unable, pulling & prying, to convince Windy to let go, or to move.

From inside the igloo, comes another scream. "Get OUT I said. NOW." And with that, two magically augmented crossbow bolts come flinging out of the arrow slits, both at the lone unicorn on the field, still. The first for a scant single point, but the second scorches for 6 points.

Now the armored pegasi act. From F11, he flies towards Flarestar, meeting her in mid-air combat or on the ground, he hardly cares. Landing like a ton of bricks for 7 damage, he snakes his head out and gives her a hickey. This results in what will eventually be a visible bruise but more importantly ... he stole one of her pips. It was tasty, his maniacal glare says.

From 9J, he floats up to meet Windy ... who doesn't see him, or seem to notice her companion start shouting at him. "Glaring. GLARING! GLARING, STOP!"

Glaring just mutters to the two ladies "No weakness." and places a long blade firmly between Windy's shoulder blades.

Now it is the unnamed mare who is weeping, and also double-move-running towards the igloo ... and does make it, unless Seiko blasts her as she passes overhead.

Thunderscale, you are prone at M9 and there is a dead mare on top of you ... free action to throw her aside.

From K7, thinking the scrappy little yellow fellow has this covered, flies away, disappearing into the igloo.

Gimmee a minute, y'all, and I'll try to recap what is on the board, still.

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : proper nouns all the way around!)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Here's what's left.

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:14 am

Seiko, I have you at K4 and 4 hit points except that healing thing went off. Flarestar at G13 and there's an armored pegasi in your face (G12).
Another armored pegasi at L9 preparing to hide the evidence otherwise known as Thunderscale, and a mostly uninjured, badly underfed ball of anger at J5

Thunderscale! You're up! (if you're lucky the mare is just comatose, or something.)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zkin Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:23 am

Visibly angry, Thunderscale checks his emotions and attempts to seal the mare's wounds (My Life is Yours).  He will then use Survival Skills for himself (Netting himself 1 HP for the turn) and interject himself between the intruder and his victim.  Thunderscale and Flarestar both gain 8 Temporary HP from Paramedic's Robes.

Oh, when I get my 12...

Net:
5 pips, 24 HP, 8 Temporary HP

Last edited by Zkin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory. - Page 3 Empty Now he's mad.

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:26 am

Scowling and snorting, the armored pegasus at L9 will have to wait his turn.

Seiko! you're up! Yellow ball of anger, one of the equipped ponies farther south? Something to do with the magic igloo?

Flarestar will go after that.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next