Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reaction

Post  Golmorgoth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:27 am

In response to the Pegasus jumping on and biting her, Flarestar will use her Ring of Strategic Withdrawal to jump to A12 and inflict...1 whole point of damage on her attacker. (When I bought this item, I assumed it meant that the triggering attack would be wasted, but re-reading it, I'm not so sure. DM?)

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 am

Golmorgoth wrote:(When I bought this item, I assumed it meant that the triggering attack would be wasted, but re-reading it, I'm not so sure.  DM?)
That was my understand as well. So, his hoof-strike (or was it the bite minor action?) didn't happen because you weren't there.
EDIT: well, they were two separate attacks, but if the first triggered your ring, the second wouldn't happen. So, word to the wise ... this guy has a minor that just steals a pip. And a wicked uppercut, too.
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My turn

Post  Seiko on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:35 am

Critfisher again (paying 2 pips)
12,10,11,7,3
Yay.
d10 = 9 there for... muhahahaha!
IT'S OVER! on the yellow one
4,4,9,2,9,1,5
Total:34 damage
aww no combo, but my combat trait lets me reroll ones next turn

HP 4 +8 temp
pips 6

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ouch.

Post  SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:38 am

That puts him at negative double hit points and then some, and he is pretty much dead.

Flarestar that was an interrupt not a standard, so I think you're still up next

Then the mobs that are left will decide what to do.
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

In one hit...

Post  Seiko on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:39 am

Doesn't that scare any of our opponents? Well, they should be scared.

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FLARESTAR SMASH!!! Or burn, whatever

Post  Golmorgoth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:44 am

Cast Ignite on the Pegasus that attacked me, causing 10 ongoing damage.  Since I rolled a 10 on d10, my special inflicts a further 12 damage and he is blinded until the end of my next turn.  Will then move (fly) to B6.

HP: 21 + 1
Pips: 2


Last edited by Golmorgoth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Oh right, I got shot with crossbow bolts. Ouch)

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:22 am

The last of the disguised workers disappears into the hole in the top of the igloo. Seiko, a magic bolt smacks into your temporary hitpoints ... four of them, in particular. Another bolt flies into Flarestar ... barely. Deflected by the cart as it was, that only hits for two points.

Eyes rolling in his head, Glaring glares at Thunderscale. Then he bites down, sucking one pip away from you, and mumbles about how the sensual violence of lust is like the beating sun in the nameless slug's heart. He also kicks you. 6 HP damage.

Magic is gathering within the igloo ... both the casters can feel it, though it's still shapeless at this point. Thunderscale, the hairs on the nape of your neck would be standing up about now ... if you had hair back there, I mean.

And with that, Thunderscale! Would you like a tiny shot at retribution? I should point out that the injured mare you saved is mumbling in the negative. Of course, you can't actually tell what fever dreams she's suffering right now.

Edit: the blinded guy. He seems almost sane. Also on fire. He's still blind but manages to stagger to G7. His armor manages to discharge another energy bolt, hitting Flarestar for 3, despite the blinded state. His armor fades from view, and is no more.
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  Zkin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:45 am

Alas, Thuderscale is a healer at heart and has no combat talents with which to lash out, nor allies in range.  Thunderscale focuses his energy inward, healing himself 4 HP and granting himself and his protectee 4 Temporary HP each.
Thunderscale spends the rest of his time glaring coldly at his adversary.

-edit- There appears to be no reason Thunderscale can't use My Life is Yours on himself.  He will use it for 4 HP, triggering his Paramedic's Robe a second time.

When do Temporary HP expire?

Net: 5 Pips, 30 HP, 9 Temporary HP


Last edited by Zkin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:43 am; edited 3 times in total

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

not soon enough, for some

Post  SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:51 am

Zkin wrote:When do Temporary HP expire?

After the battle is over ... or when they're consumed by damage.

Top o' th' round to ya! Seiko, then Flarestar! Unicorn bowcasters behind, Armored nutcases in front! What's your displeasure?

and with that, I really am going to bed ...
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Guess what? Critfisher!

Post  Seiko on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 pm

9,4,1,10,11, rerollng the one gets me 9, so nothing this turn

I move towards Thunderscale.


HP 4 + 4 temp
pips 7

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Someponies just want to watch the world burn

Post  Golmorgoth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Fireball on the already burning pegasus in G7 for 3 damage, Then fly to H1, attempting to get inside the dome!

HP: 20
Pips: 3

Edit: Gotta go to work, no more posts till this evening.  Sad


Last edited by Golmorgoth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It's all happening quickly, now.

Post  SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:08 pm

Seeing Flarestar hover at their "secret" entrance, both casters lob magically augmented crossbow bolts at the intruder. The first for 6 points, the second a fairly decent hit at 10 points.

The igloo is collapsing. Not in an, earthquake-everpony-for-herself way; just, it isn't there now. The on-fire formerly armored was expecting this, and is seen to fly through what was an impenetrable barrier a split second before. He's still on fire, though ... and collapses from exhaustion, the tumble finally putting out the blaze.

Flarestar, as you fall you see two unicorns, a pale pink, scruffy mare and a young, bony burnt-sienna on that might be a colt, drop their crossbows and run. Immediately beneath you is a shield spell, but it's not meant to stop ponies. Barely wide enough to accept their passage, they jump down the rabbit hole and are gone from sight.

The remaining thief turns and give a double-barrel kick, hitting Thunderscale for 6 points ... but his head snaps towards the sight of the collapsing spell. He flies off, then, straight up and shouting something a little nonsensical, like
"All of my equals are my minions, my brothers! Now is the time for tyranny to collapse upon thee!"

The collapsed thieves' eyes are open, and both the stabbed mare and the burned stallion stand up at his call. The former is coughing blood, and stumbles north ... a grand total of three squares. The yellow pegasus stallion remains still. Both armored stallions have used their move actions by now.

That's the monster's round! Thunderscale is up, then a new round if anybody is still here.


Last edited by SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so much snapping! Maybe I should use a different word?)
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Low H-Pees

Post  Zkin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Thunderscale moves to be in range of Flarestar, instilling him with borrowed life and then preparing a ward for the protection of the party.

Move: H7
My Life is Yours: Flarestar heals 9, Flarestar and Sieko gain 4 temporary HP each
Craft Emergency Provisions: Triggered 1d12+5 Temporary HP
Net: 2 pips, 25 HP, 3 Temporary HP

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Luck! Don't fail me now!

Post  Seiko on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Critfisher!
5,1,11,7,12
1d10 = 6 Call lightning!
hitting the crazy thief for 12,2,5 = 19 damage and 5 damage to those adjacent to him, all prone, and my ability goes off again
1d10 = 8 Crecendo!
um, can the P.H. target for me i'm kinda lost.
Deal 5 damage to target creature within 3 spaces.
Deal 8 damage to target creature within 5 spaces.
Deal 6 damage to target creature within 7 spaces.
Deal 7 damage to target creature within 10 spaces.
Deal 15 damage to target creature within 15 spaces.

If I can I move to i5 and try to get in the dome
HP 4 + 8 temp
pips 8

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Map is at home, but ..

Post  SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 pm

it *does* say target creature. So, since by this time the igloo/dome is mostly (but not quite completely) a memory, the burned stallion can be targeted, and the formerly flying, still armored stallion has taken a lot of damage (I'll have to look again at how much but you struck first, then moved, so a fair amount of crescendo should hit)

I believe the burned stallion and stabbed mare are both dead. If the crazy stallion (whose armor has faded noticeably by these attacks) is still able to stand, he's going to leave if at all possible.

I'll write up what specifically happens in a couple hours but once the field is clear, the two closest will have a quick decision to make ... follow the thieves into the shielded rabbit hole, or let it close? The shield is specifically to block sight (both directions) and at least seiko, if not our resident firemage, have realized there's something like a permanent teleport spell underneath it

(note: I'm deciding now, that none of you have heard of portal spells. This will be new to you)
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  Zkin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Is Windy, whom I healed 9 HP and 8 Temporary HP, still showing signs of life?  If not, I will move to tend to her at the end of my next sequence.

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  SparkImpulse on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Zkin wrote:Is Windy, whom I healed 9 HP and 8 Temporary HP, still showing signs of life?  If not, I will move to tend to her at the end of my next sequence.
Thanks to Seiko's rather profound critfisher->crescendo ... no. She was coughing blood before that blast.

Oh, and I'm assuming that somewhere around the stabbing, or possibly the crescendo, your Element's effect wore off.
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  Golmorgoth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:56 pm

I will launch a fireball blindly down the rabbit-hole, then dive through after the thieves

HP: 13+4
Pips: 4

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  Zkin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Crescendo is not a wild ability.  It would not have targeted Windy unless Seiko specifically picked her over the armored Pegasus above.  Also, she was stabbed by her own team, not mine.  Lastly, she has only been coughing blood for one round since being healed, mere seconds.

Cursing his foolish friends, Thunderscale begins a hasty triage of the fallen.  By his actions, it is apparent he has no intention of following Flarestar [to his early demise].

Edit: P.S.  Thunderscale is still unaware of the portal and his actions (and inactions) reflect that.

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Time to think.

Post  Seiko on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 am

As zkin pointed out my special ability is wild but my attacks that it triggers are not. I should be able to not attack if there is no "valid" (in my mind) target, that being anypony conscious and threatening. (your choice but if i have to attack something is the ground a valid target? I would have chosen my own but can't seem to understand where anypony is with the map thing.)

Can I put a rune/magic thing that is detectable across long distances on it?
arcana 3 + 18 + *1 +*5 = 27 subborn as a mule re-roll
arcana 20 + 18 + *1 + *5 = 44 (oh if I had a cutie mark...)
"Flarestar! Leave it!"

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  Zkin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:25 am

Assuming in my triage no critical actions need be taken, and Thunderscale is aware of what is happening, Thunderscale wishes to assist Seiko.

Arcana 16 + 12 = 28

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Aw, nuts

Post  Golmorgoth on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:17 am

Flarestar will rethink her decision and not go down the rabbit hole, but will continue to launch fireballs down it blindly until it closes.

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Windy is quite perturbed

Post  SparkImpulse on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:00 am

The hole closes, and within seconds the carefully wrought spell matrix unravels, leaving a moment of magical ash, which evaporates.

The pegasus mare hobbles past Seiko and pushes aside Flarestar roughly, digging frantically at the mundane ground. "No! No, I can't! It's too soon."

Collapsing into a heap, sobbing, she mutters to herself "too soon." but is otherwise quite heedless of her newfound captors.

I believe that concludes combat. Two pegasus stallions, scruffy but probably well enough fed, no longer wearing armor lie dead on the field. One yellow pegasus who looks like he hasn't eaten a whole meal in months, also dead. And a sobbing, inconsolable pegasus mare.

Also two crossbows ... they just do 1d6; you can't at this time imagine the spell they were fueling their bolt casting with.

How will you proceed?
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  Zkin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:41 am

Assuming nothing can be done for the fallen and Windy is not in need of immediate attention, I ask Seiko to tend to her (gently) and Flarestar to look for the runaway while I signal for help.  My Kindness runs for 5 minutes, which we've barely touched into.  To make a signal, I will make the largest Forcefield I can, high up into the air.  Being 100' across and a distinct color, it should draw some attention.

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  SparkImpulse on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Zkin wrote: [...] and Flarestar to look for the runaway while I signal for help.  [...] To make a signal, I will make the largest Forcefield I can, high up into the air.  Being 100' across and a distinct color, it should draw some attention.

Ah, first off what runaway? They all are dead or got through the hole. Though it might take a bit of double checking to make sure of that, yeah.

Also, that signal flare is construed as hostile and ends the effects of friendship. Is anyone actively restraining Windy? You'll either need to let her go, subdue and hog-tie her requiring opposed brawn checks, or render her unconscious ... otherwise she's fighting you again.

I should point out she's screaming, albeit quietly.

EDIT: just re-read your char sheet; the shield takes a minute to cast. Can she tell you're about to do it? Maybe you can talk her down after all. If she can tell you're trying to get attention, she starts scream-whispering at you to stop. She's quite insistent, nigh-violent. How do you proceed?
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 42
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine and Rainbows, Factory.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum