Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6)

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6)

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:53 am

LoganAura wrote:Snipe goes back to Struck and frowns. "Wherever she is, she's probably inside somewhere." Snipe's wings flare out and he grins, shooting his friend a thumbs up. "Hey... Trick or treating is a good way to go door to door..."
Hammerhead's face lights up. "Hey, that's a great idea! Why didn't I think of that?"

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Righ'," Aces nodded. "Now tha' we've established there're no tricks, jus' tell me when to star'."
The mare takes your bits and adds them to the pile in the jar and takes out a stopwatch. "'Aaaaand... Go!"

(Okay, I'm going to need an initial Perception check, then three Athletics/Acrobatics checks in order please...)

tygerburningbright wrote:Sparks is slightly stunned by Varesh's choice of appearance. 'It... was nothing important. Just either a thing happening in a good way or a neutral way...' Now thinking more to himself ' I really should be more disturbed by this... maybe 'cause she actually did it to get back at me that one time bah not that important...'
"You know, you think about this mare a lot," muses Varesh, obviously not caring about the privacy of your own thoughts, "But you never talk about her. Why is that?"

Colter Bolt wrote:
Spoiler:
Persuasion:13+11=24
The scruffy pup quickly scampers after you in an adorable fashion. You reach Main Street with puppy in tow without any other distractions. There are a lot of ponies celebrating Nightmare Night here with games and music and all sorts of entertainment...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
"You know, you think about this mare a lot," muses Varesh, obviously not caring about the privacy of your own thoughts, "But you never talk about her. Why is that?"

'Well my personal life just never comes up I guess...'
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:58 am

"Come on, Hammerhead. Let's get Lock and find somepony to 'supervise' us, then go door to door. Anypony who's home, but doesn't give us candy, is suspicious. Struck, you want a bag too?"

Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.

Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Aces cricked his head to the side once, then thrust into the apple-barrel like he'd been doing it all his life. Or maybe not.

Checks:
I'm going to assume that by "athletics" you mean a Stunts check.

Perception: 14 + 16(bonus) + 3(My Good Eye) = 33
Stunts: 10 + 6(bonus) = 16
Stunts: 13 + 6(bonus)= 19
Stunts: Nat 1!
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:40 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:'Well my personal life just never comes up I guess...'
"Well, I am bringing it up now. Who is she, and why do you think about her so much?"

LoganAura wrote:"Come on, Hammerhead. Let's get Lock and find somepony to 'supervise' us, then go door to door. Anypony who's home, but doesn't give us candy, is suspicious. Struck, you want a bag too?"
Struck nods. You remember that, while looking around, you did spot Signal Look, so if you wish to ask him to supervise him, he will most likely oblige...

(I will take this moment to explain some differences between Nightmare Night in Equestria and Nightmare Night in Saint-Trotez. First, while Saint-Trotez (and, indeed, the rest of Eurclope) does Trick-or-Treating, it isn't on the same scale of Trick-or-Treating in Equestria, and they don't celebrate the story behind Nightmare Night, and don't make sacrifices to Nightmare Moon. Second, there isn't many foals in Saint-Trotez due to the nature of the city. There is about 20 or 30 overall, and because most ponies go out to enjoy the city, there isn't many houses to knock on. However, generally the parents of the foals generally stay in, so that's still a good number of houses to visit, and generally in the same area, so you won't have to travel far. I think that's it...)

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Checks:
I'm going to assume that by "athletics" you mean a Stunts check.

Perception: 14 + 16(bonus) + 3(My Good Eye) = 33
Stunts: 10 + 6(bonus) = 16
Stunts: 13 + 6(bonus)= 19
Stunts: Nat 1!
(Indeed I do, but I don't know why people call it a Stunts check. It's called Athletics in the documents...)

You do find an apple pretty fast, but you have great difficulty picking it up, as you are not use to the larger size and lack of stem. After quite some time, you do pull an apple out. The mare stops the stopwatch, grabs a tower, and holds it out for you to pick up...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Snipe goes to ask Signal look (After finding bags for himself and Struck), and then practically 'pleeeeeaaaase's the other officer to chaperone them.

Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.

Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Necrar checks out the various games set up, again in hope he can come across Aces or one of the others.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Aces took the apple out of his mouth, setting it gently nearby so that it could be as sanitary as possible - a bit of an oxymoron considering it just came from his mouth, but that was just the way things were. "Thanks," Aces said, taking the tower.

Spoiler:
Can we clarify as to tower of what? We can assume that Aces' reaction won't change, but it might be retconned into sarcasm.
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:36 pm

LoganAura wrote:Snipe goes to ask Signal look (After finding bags for himself and Struck), and then practically 'pleeeeeaaaase's the other officer to chaperone them.
Signal Look (who is dressed up like the fictional super spy Sun Fisher, complete with night goggles) eventually complies to your request...

Colter Bolt wrote:Necrar checks out the various games set up, again in hope he can come across Aces or one of the others.
Currently you can't find anyone you are familiar with...

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Aces took the apple out of his mouth, setting it gently nearby so that it could be as sanitary as possible - a bit of an oxymoron considering it just came from his mouth, but that was just the way things were. "Thanks," Aces said, taking the tower.

Spoiler:
Can we clarify as to tower of what? We can assume that Aces' reaction won't change, but it might be retconned into sarcasm.
(Oh God, I meant towel. Not tower. Towel. Someone shoot me now...)

As you take the towel, the mare prepares to write some things down. "'Can I have your name an' address please, so we know where to send the bits if you win."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Aces froze in place.

After a few seconds, he remembered to breathe again. "Calm down," he said to himself. "You're getting paranoid. This is an apple-bobbing stand, for Luna's sake, no' some sor' of sinister trap. It should be jus' fine for me to give out my name and address. After all, it's no' like anypony's gonna..."

Find him. Find his house. Hurt all the people it would be necessary to hurt to get to him for revenge. Break in and steal what little was precious to him. Use him as leverage in some sort of sinister scheme. Break his body and his spirit. Kill him.

Turn his mind into something it wasn't and let the result loose on the populace.

Ace paused just a moment more before turning to the pony with an affected grin. "Call me Spades the Pira'," Aces said, "And if I end up winning, which I doub', jus' dona' the bits to some charity or another." He nodded. "I'm off."

And he left, trying to shake the paranoia settling on his subconscious.
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Necrar decides to find a costume contest of some sort, believing himself to be the obvious winner.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
"Well, I am bringing it up now. Who is she, and why do you think about her so much?"

Sparks sighs 'Might as well start with her name, Primrose Belle. Well to put it simply I love her and at least I think she returns the feeling...'
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:11 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Ace paused just a moment more before turning to the pony with an affected grin. "Call me Spades the Pira'," Aces said, "And if I end up winning, which I doub', jus' dona' the bits to some charity or another." He nodded. "I'm off."

And he left, trying to shake the paranoia settling on his subconscious.
"'Well, that's very kind of you, Sir," replies the mare to your request with a smile...

As you leave the tent, the stallion watching the regular tub outside spots you. "Hello there Captain," he remarks, "How did it go?" You also spot Necrar moving around...

Colter Bolt wrote:Necrar decides to find a costume contest of some sort, believing himself to be the obvious winner.
You see a poster for a costume contest to take place at the fountain of the town, but it hasn't started yet, and currently the fountain is holding a buffet...

tygerburningbright wrote:Sparks sighs 'Might as well start with her name, Primrose Belle. Well to put it simply I love her and at least I think she returns the feeling...'
Varesh conjures up some imaginary popcorn and begins to eat it, motioning you to carry one with a hoof, although you do not have to if you do not want to...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Storm Blade meanwhile was one of the guards still on duty, something that upset him. Not the being on duty thing, but the fact that there was no one that had to be on duty. I mean sure, the guards would be harder to find due to the fact that are mingling among the crowd, which means criminals might be willing to take more risks and fall flat. However, just because it was a holiday doesn't mean that guard should be slackened. In fact, in Storm Blade's opinion, it was when the guard needed to be at its highest. Unfortunately, he couldn't do much about it... yet

(Two question. Is it possible that Storm Blade & Golden Shield have had a falling out about guarding the muesem, and is it possible for him to have some binoculars? I'm guessing a radio head-set would be too high-tech)
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"'Well, that's very kind of you, Sir," replies the mare to your request with a smile...

As you leave the tent, the stallion watching the regular tub outside spots you. "Hello there Captain," he remarks, "How did it go?" You also spot Necrar moving around...

"Abou' as well as one migh' expec' from a one-eyed col' attempting to bob for apples, really," he said, watching Necrar look around. He took vague note of a poster Necrar stopped at for a moment. "Costume Contes', eh?"
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Storm Blade had settled himself as the highest point in the city that he can reasonably stand on, and was scanning the town with his binoculars. It wasn't much of a zoom currently, as it would be hard to sweep the city over wise. If he saw anything of interested, then he would zoom in closer to get a better look.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:34 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Abou' as well as one migh' expec' from a one-eyed col' attempting to bob for apples, really," he said, watching Necrar look around. He took vague note of a poster Necrar stopped at for a moment. "Costume Contes', eh?"
At this point, you also notice a small unkept puppy following Necrar, carrying what seems to be the hide leg of the skeleton costume...

(If Necrar were to look around, he would see Aces High...)

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Storm Blade had settled himself as the highest point in the city that he can reasonably stand on, and was scanning the town with his binoculars. It wasn't much of a zoom currently, as it would be hard to sweep the city over wise. If he saw anything of interested, then he would zoom in closer to get a better look.
From your point, you see nothing of interest. The most interesting thing that has happened was that your fellow guard Snipe making a paintball shot into the crowd at Main Street, although no one seemed to have been hit. Other than that, it's seems that the only thing of note is ponies having a good time celebrating Nightmare Night, and perhaps the scaffolding around the bank to allow builders to repair it (not tonight though)...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Necrar turns away from the poster to see Aces. "Ah, Pegleg the Pirate. How are you?" Necrar asks, walking up to him.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:46 pm

"Doing alrigh', Gutless," Aces responds evenly. "So you thinking abou' entering tha' constes', then?"
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:32 am

"Yeah well, I'm pretty sure I would win. Anyways, I have a few questions. First, know where i can find a job? It's suddenly become impirtant." Necrar motions to the puppy. "Second, think you could explain this holiday to me?"
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Suddenly, at that moment, you feel the world begin to shake. Not too violently, but enough for you to notice. In addition, for those of you currently flying, you still feel the shaking in the air, so you know this isn't just some earthquake. Soon, above the haunted house, you see part of the night sky begin to rip open with a violent cracking sound. From the crack you can see small light blue glowing orbs begin to pour out and float around the city. Currently, the ponies of Saint-Trotez and stunned, but not panicking. Yet...

(I got bored, have some plot...)

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:19 pm

"Oh great." Storm Blade muttered, lowering his binoculars as he looked over the rip in the sky, as well as the orbs that were coming out from it. "Here I thought it would be a week at least before something happened." The pegasus guard didn't do anything however, simply spreading his wings in preparation for the take off. He didn't know anything about the rip and orbs, so it was best to stay at a place that could access any place in the city quickly if any problems did crop up.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Varesh conjures up some imaginary popcorn and begins to eat it, motioning you to carry one with a hoof, although you do not have to if you do not want to...

'It's not like I have anything better to do... better start from the top. Do you believe in love at first sight? Well what happened was more or less the exact opposite five minutes after we met we hated each other. Naturally later that day we were put on the same team. We pretty much had to work together bur if anything it was through clenched teeth at first. After a few months we were actually at the point of tolerating each other. To make a long story shorter around that time the two of us manged to get trapped by a cave-in in one of those ice cave things. To pass the time and to stop ourselves from falling asleep and freezing well we started talking and we found that we actually had a lot in common... '

Paper Shadow wrote:Suddenly, at that moment, you feel the world begin to shake. Not too violently, but enough for you to notice. In addition, for those of you currently flying, you still feel the shaking in the air, so you know this isn't just some earthquake. Soon, above the haunted house, you see part of the night sky begin to rip open with a violent cracking sound. From the crack you can see small light blue glowing orbs begin to pour out and float around the city. Currently, the ponies of Saint-Trotez and stunned, but not panicking. Yet...

"What in the world!?" Sparks says out loud 'Well I guess I'll tell you the rest later.' With that Sparks starts running toward the rip in the sky.
Roll:
Stunts to get over there quickly.
Roll(1d20)+12:
13,+12
Total:25

OOC Thank you for clearing up my writer's block.
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Aces looked up, almost nonchalant. "Looks like I'll have to tell you later," the gambler said to the dark one, making his way towards the haunted house. "So, you thinking ghosts, aliens or some kind of trick?"
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:46 pm

"Honestly, I think it's a trick of some sort. The haunted house was designed by our illusionist friend Mind Games." Necrar says, flying alongside Aces. He turns to gesture the puppy to follow him and scans the air for magic.
Spoiler:
Persuasion:9+11=20
Arcana:12+11=23
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top