Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Missing?: Utility Talents version

+13
Xel Unknown
sunbeam
Paper Shadow
Mind Gamer
Stairc -Dan Felder
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Philadelphus
Jason Shadow
Caden2112
Zarhon
Hayatecooper
ZamuelNow
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What's Missing?: Utility Talents version - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Missing?: Utility Talents version

Post  Mind Gamer Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:22 am

I am reminded of a scene from Wreck-It Ralph. Namely, using the hammer on your own injured self.

Although really... Using it on yourself is like the ultimate do-over. "What did I do last night...? Well, doesn't matter anymore!" BONK.

Still. It has some interesting uses outside of people.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

What's Missing?: Utility Talents version - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Missing?: Utility Talents version

Post  Copper Rose Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:20 am

Mind Gamer wrote:I am reminded of a scene from Wreck-It Ralph. Namely, using the hammer on your own injured self.

Although really... Using it on yourself is like the ultimate do-over. "What did I do last night...? Well, doesn't matter anymore!" BONK.

Still. It has some interesting uses outside of people.
I do believe I actually had some partial inspiration from Wreck-it-Ralph

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool scratchdrunkenShocked Mad
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Multi-Size - At Will
Preparation Time: 30 seconds
You may grow and shrink between Small, Medium, and Large sizes at will. If Small or Large, you must transition to Medium first before reaching the other end of the size scale. When entering battle, you revert back to your default size.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

What's Missing?: Utility Talents version - Page 4 Empty Weather report

Post  acerbicCatharsis Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:51 pm

I haven't read through all the proposals here and im sorry if im stepping on any toes but as someone who's running a dedicated weather-crafter i find that what i really need is a utility that lets me sense whats going on inside a weather effect i created. maybe just detect movement inside a fog-bank or an echolocation styled ability for things on which the rain falls?
acerbicCatharsis
acerbicCatharsis
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:33 pm

well there actually is not much like that. Technically there is echolocation but that is a racial, there are a few remote viewing things but those are more for scouts/mages, then again there is always Eagle Eye which just prevents you from being hindered in sight by the weather. All in all there might be a niche for what you are talking about.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 pm

I actually think this could be pulled off with Eagle Eye and Freaky Knowledge: Weather as long as it's made clear that FK is for knowledge about it and not just a freebie +5 for Weather Crafting.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  acerbicCatharsis Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:19 am

*raises eye brow* so id have to take two utility slots to fill the roll of an ability that's technically more limited then just taking both? that's not good... would not run it.
acerbicCatharsis
acerbicCatharsis
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:29 am

Some GM's might allow just the Freaky Knowledge if it's noted as being special use. Eagle Eye is actually good on its own due to negating penalties and the passive Perception buff. Merely brainstorming since it seemed like an oddly specific use.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4