Element Master - a Metalcrafting buff/replacement

Go down

Element Master - a Metalcrafting buff/replacement

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:29 pm

TK:
Telekinesis – At Will
Preparation Time: Instantaneous
You may mentally pick up or manipulate any number of objects within fifty feet of you with combined weights of 50 lbs. or less.

Advanced Ponykinesis - 3/Day
Preparation Time: Instantaneous
For the next ten minutes, you may mentally pick up or manipulate any number of objects within fifty feet of you with combined weights of 200 lbs. or less. You may spend a magic point to increase the maximum weight limit to 1000 lbs for the next 10 minutes instead.

Metalcrafting  - 1/Day
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds
For the next ten minutes, you may mentally pick up or move metal objects weighing 200 lbs or less. You can only manipulate one object at a time.

The update to Adv PK left Metalcrafting rather lacking in comparison.  Rather than try to buff Metalcrafting, I propose that it be rebuilt as a brand new power that can fit more concepts.

Element Master:
Element Master - 5/Day
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds
Choose a solid or liquid of choice such as water, soil, or metal or choose a form of energy such as fire or lightning when you select this power.  This power may be taken multiple times, using a different substance each time.  For the next ten minutes, you may mentally pick up or manipulate any number of inanimate objects made of your chosen substance within fifty feet of you with combined weights of 200 lbs. or less. You may spend a magic point to increase the maximum weight limit to 1000 lbs for the next 10 minutes instead.

The concept is that someone can specialize in an element and get a better buff with just it while there's still room for an all around telekinetic.  Thus, you can get a G1 styled unicorn or a Magneto type character. Really first draftish right now and I'm not partial to the name at all.
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Element Master - a Metalcrafting buff/replacement

Post  Quietkal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:29 pm

I like it!
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Yes, I approve of this. Especially since Metalcrafting's name always bugged me...

(It's not crafting! You're not shaping the metal, you're just moving it around! AAAUUGH! *flails*)
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Brainstorming time.  Here's a valid question:

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Not exactly sure how much lightning 'weighs' though - for the element master idea - or fire for that matter. How would you propose solving that?

I would guess this would mean it needs to be size or mass but what would make sense?  It's interesting that the whole desire to add an elemental power came about because I realized I can't build Fizzy from G1 in the system and bubbles have a lot of weird quirks when trying to figure out the whole weight/size/mass thing.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:37 pm

You might be better off with abstract descriptions for those kinds of things. Like "enough electricity to power a house" or whatever.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Gonna drop the energy option out and try to reformulate it at another time. With the base idea, should it still be weight or should it now be volume instead?
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum