New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Here's one from me. Not fully developed, just wanted to get the idea out. Tis a conjuration concept.

Tribble - 1 HP
[+1] Deal 1 damage to target creature.
[-1] Deal 1 damage to target creature. Conjure another tribble.

_________________
Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
avatar
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Philadelphus wrote:
Kindulas wrote:"Stepping stones" is now all metric. Technically, they got thinner, but the point is they aren't very thick.
Furthermore, you can make them small in diameter, because eh, why not?


Thanks for the feedback so far guys, and I'm glad you like the stuff!
I hate to nitpick, and it's great that it's internally consistent now, and as a scientist I prefer metric myself, but considering the rest of the system is in Imperial units... Smile
This is fair...
avatar
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Posts : 636
Join date : 2012-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:13 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Here's an odd item idea, to hopefully round off the 500 gold level items:

[Name] - 500 gold [inspired by Ramsus]
Armor
Gain Resist 1 while you have temporary HP.

[Name] - 500 gold
Trinket
Once per day, you may reroll your initiative with a +5 bonus.
Repointing my suggestion from the last page out, because I'd enjoy to hear some opinion on these suggestions. I know they're minor...But yeah... Wonder what people think. And they were glosed over when suggested. So yeah.


Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:15 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Here's an odd item idea, to hopefully round off the 500 gold level items:

[Name] - 500 gold
Armor
Gain Resist 1 while you have temporary HP.

[Name] - 500 gold
Trinket
Once per day, you may reroll your initiative with a +5 bonus.
Repointing my suggestion from the last page out, because I'd enjoy to hear some opinion on these suggestions. I know they're minor...But yeah... Wonder what people think. And they were glosed over when suggested. So yeah.
I actually really liked these, the armor in particular. Resistance on a THP condition is just... cool
avatar
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Posts : 636
Join date : 2012-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:17 am

Can't speak to why Kindulas and Nehiel didn't choose them, but I can give my personal feedback.

In general: It'd definitely be good to have some more 500 gold items.

Trinket 1 - I like the mechanic of having a boost while you have temporary HP, but it's so minor as to be very unexciting. Even when items *are* minor, like a 500 gold item, they should look cool at least. This doesn't seem that cool or impressive.

Trinket 2 - 1/Day things are generally avoided in the system for all kinds of reasons - but an initiative reroll seems reasonable. It can make a crucial fight a bit better or mitigate some truly terrible luck. Not sure if this is balanced (haven't worked out the numbers) but this seems like a great concept for a 500 gold item. Just not that new or exciting - which seems to be prioritized in the expansions.

_________________
Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
avatar
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Can't speak to why Kindulas and Nehiel didn't choose them, but I can give my personal feedback.
Because he suggested them this week
avatar
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Posts : 636
Join date : 2012-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:23 am

I can now speak to why Kindulas and Nehiel didn't choose them.

_________________
Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
avatar
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:24 am

The animal companion destiny is brilliant, though it's something I think characters should be able to get at level 1 so they can attribute it to their backstory - I'm working on it as a utility talent line. I know we do need more destinies, but there can still perhaps be a destiny made with Animal Companion as a pre-req. For now I really like a companion as a talent you can get at level 1
avatar
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Posts : 636
Join date : 2012-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:30 am

I was more just wanting to hear opinions... and It's been pointed out to me that this Temp-HP resistance idea isn't my own. It came from Ramsus' tiered system thingie and I just plan somehow forgot that was where where that simple idea came to me from. So yeah.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:51 am

Kindulas wrote:The animal companion destiny is brilliant, though it's something I think characters should be able to get at level 1 so they can attribute it to their backstory - I'm working on it as a utility talent line. I know we do need more destinies, but there can still perhaps be a destiny made with Animal Companion as a pre-req. For now I really like a companion as a talent you can get at level 1
The mechanc of having a utility talent needed for some type of destiny... Sounds kinda awesome. Just make sure to keep it useful without the destiny taken.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:52 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Kindulas wrote:The animal companion destiny is brilliant, though it's something I think characters should be able to get at level 1 so they can attribute it to their backstory - I'm working on it as a utility talent line. I know we do need more destinies, but there can still perhaps be a destiny made with Animal Companion as a pre-req. For now I really like a companion as a talent you can get at level 1
The mechanc of having a utility talent needed for some type of destiny... Sounds kinda awesome. Just make sure to keep it useful without the destiny taken.
But of course!
avatar
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Posts : 636
Join date : 2012-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Philadelphus on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:04 am

Just wanted to say that I think the idea of a pet as a utility talent is great – I too at one point came up with a destiny idea revolving around getting a pet, but it just didn't work that well. However, I think it might work just fine as a (line of) utility talent(s).

And since I should probably post a new idea if I'm going to post in this thread, here's a random one that came to me today:

Trait
Overachiever
Whenever you roll a 1 or a 2 on a d8, a d10, or a d12 in combat, treat it as if you rolled a 3 instead.

_________________
Links to all the official sourcebooks in one place.
Optional Talent Specialization for your characters.
avatar
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 734
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 29
Location : Hilo, Hawai‘i

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 am

Philadelphus wrote:Just wanted to say that I think the idea of a pet as a utility talent is great – I too at one point came up with a destiny idea revolving around getting a pet, but it just didn't work that well. However, I think it might work just fine as a (line of) utility talent(s).

And since I should probably post a new idea if I'm going to post in this thread, here's a random one that came to me today:

Trait
Overachiever
Whenever you roll a 1 or a 2 on a d8, a d10, or a d12 in combat, treat it as if you rolled a 3 instead.
Huh... that's a cool thought, upping the minimum in a way other than rerolls, just bringing the numbers up to a new floor.. Would need a different name though, given the Racial
avatar
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Posts : 636
Join date : 2012-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:33 am

I like this. We wanted to make a trait that rerolled 1s and 2s but it caused problems with a few key combat talents. This would stop those ones from being a problem while still being awesome.

_________________
Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
avatar
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Philadelphus on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:34 am

Feel free to change the name, I literally just picked the first word that came to mind and forgot about the Racial of the same name. Smile

And hmmm...this might be a little crazy, but what if it were actually something like this:

Trait 1
Whenever you roll a 1 on a d8, a d10, or a d12, treat it as if you had rolled a 2.

Trait 2
Prerequisite: Trait 1
Whenever you roll a 1 or a 2 on a d8, a d10, or a d12, treat it as if you had rolled a 3.

Trait 3
Prerequisite: Trait 2
Whenever you roll a 1, 2, or 3 on a d8, a d10, or a d12, treat it as if you had rolled a 4.

My sincere apologies if this counts above the 2/week limit, I was kinda counting them as one unit stylistically. I'll shut till next week after this, I promise. Smile

_________________
Links to all the official sourcebooks in one place.
Optional Talent Specialization for your characters.
avatar
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 734
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 29
Location : Hilo, Hawai‘i

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  kajisora on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:22 am

I like this, but why would anyone choose this over Unacceptable?
avatar
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 719
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Zarhon on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:43 am

kajisora wrote:I like this, but why would anyone choose this over Unacceptable?
Well, as far as Phil's "Trait 3" is concerned...
Spoiler:
[-6] Daggerstorm - Standard Attack
Roll d12s until you either get a result of 3 or lower or have rolled 5 times. Deal damage to target creature equal to the total die results you rolled this way.

"Trait 1", though, is really rather useless - Unacceptable is plain better in every way.

Hm, perhaps the "Trait 2" and "Trait 3" could work as traits that use Unacceptable as a prerequisite (they would clash, but perhaps they could have an alternate option then, that might work better than a plain re-roll)?

And to give them a name: "Best Two out of Three", "Best Three out of Four"? Very Happy
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 am

As somebody who has used no-crit builds... These new traits wouldn't matter to me. As Unacceptable works for ALL combat dice.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Trait 2 could likely exist without any pre-reqs attached.

_________________
Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
avatar
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Invocation (Special Move):
Invocation
8: Choose a combat talent. You may use the talent until the end of combat.
10: Choose an item that costs 1000 gold or less. You are considered to have the item until the end of combat, and you can use it even if you don't have a spare item slot.
12: Choose a combat trait you meet the prerequisites for. You are considered to have the trait until the end of combat.
Personal Cloud (Utility Talent):
Personal Cloud - 2/Day
Prerequisite: 10 Seconds Flat
You somehow are able to create a cloud (with a size up to 5 cubic feet times your current level) anywhere, even indoors. This cloud will persist for one day or until you use it to create or alter atmospheric conditions in a radius up to double the cloud's size, after which it will disappear after a minute.

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3754
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Trait 2 could likely exist without any pre-reqs attached.
Indeed, if they're so inferior to unacceptable, just let it be more powerful
avatar
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Posts : 636
Join date : 2012-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Invocation (Special Move):
Invocation
8: Choose a combat talent. You may use the talent until the end of combat.
10: Choose an item that costs 1000 gold or less. You are considered to have the item until the end of combat, and you can use it even if you don't have a spare item slot.
12: Choose a combat trait you meet the prerequisites for. You are considered to have the trait until the end of combat.
Personal Cloud (Utility Talent):
Personal Cloud - 2/Day
Prerequisite: 10 Seconds Flat
You somehow are able to create a cloud (with a size up to 5 cubic feet times your current level) anywhere, even indoors. This cloud will persist for one day or until you use it to create or alter atmospheric conditions in a radius up to double the cloud's size, after which it will disappear after a minute.
I DEMAND OPINIONS BE SHARED ON THESE SUGGESTIONS!

Because it was on the bottom of last page and might be overlooked. Something I dislike seeing be it with myself or others.

So yeah.

My thoughts are that Invocation is odd... (not a bad thing, if you dare thing poorly on the odd, then LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR AND SEE THE WIERDIO THAT YOU CAN SEE BEFORE YOU!)

Personal Cloud seems kinda cool to some degree. But a bit weak for a tier three talent.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Philadelphus on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:47 am

Kindulas wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Trait 2 could likely exist without any pre-reqs attached.
Indeed, if they're so inferior to unacceptable, just let it be more powerful
If you decide you want to use it, I relinquish any potential balancing into your much-more-capable hands, good sirs. Smile

_________________
Links to all the official sourcebooks in one place.
Optional Talent Specialization for your characters.
avatar
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 734
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 29
Location : Hilo, Hawai‘i

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  kajisora on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:09 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:
Invocation (Special Move):
Invocation
8: Choose a combat talent. You may use the talent until the end of combat.
10: Choose an item that costs 1000 gold or less. You are considered to have the item until the end of combat, and you can use it even if you don't have a spare item slot.
12: Choose a combat trait you meet the prerequisites for. You are considered to have the trait until the end of combat.
Personal Cloud (Utility Talent):
Personal Cloud - 2/Day
Prerequisite: 10 Seconds Flat
You somehow are able to create a cloud (with a size up to 5 cubic feet times your current level) anywhere, even indoors. This cloud will persist for one day or until you use it to create or alter atmospheric conditions in a radius up to double the cloud's size, after which it will disappear after a minute.
I DEMAND OPINIONS BE SHARED ON THESE SUGGESTIONS!

Because it was on the bottom of last page and might be overlooked. Something I dislike seeing be it with myself or others.

So yeah.

My thoughts are that Invocation is odd... (not a bad thing, if you dare thing poorly on the odd, then LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR AND SEE THE WIERDIO THAT YOU CAN SEE BEFORE YOU!)

Personal Cloud seems kinda cool to some degree. But a bit weak for a tier three talent.
I missed them...
I like the cloud. Isn't generating clouds part of Weathercrafter already? It just says atmospheric conditions, which I would assume clouds to be a part of.
I'd also think Weathercrafter would be a better prereq than TSF. Or no prerequisite at all, for if you don't want Weathercrafter, but just want to conjure clouds every once in a while.

Invocation is odd... I love the odd. Not sure how balanced it would be though
avatar
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 719
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Personal Cloud (Utility Talent):
Personal Cloud - 2/Day
Prerequisite: 10 Seconds Flat
You somehow are able to create a cloud (with a size up to 5 cubic feet times your current level) anywhere, even indoors. This cloud will persist for one day or until you use it to create or alter atmospheric conditions in a radius up to double the cloud's size, after which it will disappear after a minute.

Personal Cloud feels like 10 Seconds Flat is too much of cost.  Weather Crafting itself should only be the prerequisite.  No preparation time is listed.  It could be assumed that it's 10 seconds due to the requirements but that may not be the same if the requirements change.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3306
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum