Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 4 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Which I believe makes it a lot more flexibility and powerful. So we'll be seeing it more. Excellent.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 4 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:02 pm

"Stepping stones" is now all metric. Technically, they got thinner, but the point is they aren't very thick.
Furthermore, you can make them small in diameter, because eh, why not?

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, and I'm glad you like the stuff!
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 pm

How are multipart submissions handled? For instance, utilities with prerequisites or new races with new racials. Would that be two submissions or just one?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Kindulas wrote:"Stepping stones" is now all metric. Technically, they got thinner, but the point is they aren't very thick.
Furthermore, you can make them small in diameter, because eh, why not?

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, and I'm glad you like the stuff!
I hate to nitpick, and it's great that it's internally consistent now, and as a scientist I prefer metric myself, but considering the rest of the system is in Imperial units... Smile
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:56 pm

This one's probably just stupid, buuuuuuut:

[?]Wabbajack- Standard Utility
Activate one Combat Talent from the Official List, at random, without paying its pip cost.

I don't know what kind of pip cost to put on that.

Probably attach a note that says how many there are for quick reference. I count 189, I think, talents in the official Combat Talents list (give or take, given the way they group talents again at the bottom of the doc), + however many were in that last expansion (if they weren't added to the list yet), + any others that are added in further weekly updates.

So like I said, stupid. But it would be neat to have a version that isn't.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:13 am

Bronymous wrote:This one's probably just stupid, buuuuuuut:

[?]Wabbajack- Standard Utility
Activate one Combat Talent from the Official List, at random, without paying its pip cost.

I don't know what kind of pip cost to put on that.

Probably attach a note that says how many there are for quick reference. I count 189, I think, talents in the official Combat Talents list (give or take, given the way they group talents again at the bottom of the doc), + however many were in that last expansion (if they weren't added to the list yet), + any others that are added in further weekly updates.

So like I said, stupid. But it would be neat to have a version that isn't.
True, it doesn't actually work because that'd be next to impossible to roll on and tedious to use, but it is hilarious
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:18 am

Actually, most (or at least 1) online rollers let you type in the die, so you can easily roll 1d189. The only problem then would be finding the right one on the list, but if you use the handy numbers by each section, then you can add up and find it pretty quick, I think. Well, maybe not pretty quick, but doable.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:58 am

Alright, new submissions time!

Animorph:
Attuned with Death:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:55 am

Here's an odd item idea, to hopefully round off the 500 gold level items:

[Name] - 500 gold [inspired by Ramsus]
Armor
Gain Resist 1 while you have temporary HP.

[Name] - 500 gold
Trinket
Once per day, you may reroll your initiative with a +5 bonus.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:49 am

Bronymous wrote:So like I said, stupid. But it would be neat to have a version that isn't.

Do you have a combat talent thread anywhere? Might try to brainstorm a bit for it.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Bronymous wrote:Actually, most (or at least 1) online rollers let you type in the die, so you can easily roll 1d189. The only problem then would be finding the right one on the list, but if you use the handy numbers by each section, then you can add up and find it pretty quick, I think. Well, maybe not pretty quick, but doable.

I don't think counting to 189 is ever going to be easy, but you could make it easier by making a separate table that just lists the names of the talents under the number - and jumping to the right number. On the other hand, you could make a selection of 20 different effects or so specifically for the talent that it can trigger - so it's a smaller number of things. Or, maybe, you might let the player choose which talents to comprise a smaller subset. Perhaps have them choose 10 talents that, when you total up their pip costs, cancels out to 0 (so you don't have peple just choosing -10 ultimates).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:24 pm

I think the table is a good idea, though you'd still have to go in to the official list to find what the talent does. Building a customized set would mean that wabbajack itself would need a [-] pip cost, because people will only build that up out of the most useful talents, probably a few heavy attacks evened out by several really good [+] talents.

And while we're discussing this, here's something in the same vein-

Wheel! Of! VIOLENCE!- Trinket- 1500
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent-
[0] Spin the Wheel- 1/Battle- Immediate Interrupt
Trigger: You roll initiative.
Reaction: Randomly select one Combat Trait from the official list. You have that trait until the end of combat. If that trait has a prerequisite that you do not already have, then you take the prerequisite instead.

I made it 1500, because for 2000 you could have a trait you definitely want, while this will most likely give you a trait you don't need- but since most traits are fairly beneficial, its still worth it to some.

P.S. I'm almost certain there's another talent/item/something called Spin the Wheel, but I couldn't think of anything else to use. Maybe a Dreidel.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:57 pm

That could be fun. I think Aces High would love that.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Still not sure if a utility and prerequisite are counted as one submission or two for the week.  Tried to polish this up and submit though the race needs the utilities so it's subject to the approval of at least the first one.

Utility - Digging:

Pony Tales Race - Diamond Dogs:

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:21 am

Some more ideas, cause why not
Blinding Egg:

Corrupting Darkness:
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:26 am

Why does the diamond dog race have only 7 racial points?

As for the egg, calling the effect "blind", then giving it a static value (that none of the other blinding talents have) is just going to lead to confusion. Same thing as with Spider Climb (enchant/racial/undefined vagueness on whether you can stick to surfaces), really...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:56 am

Gave myself till Tuesday to think of something else.
Here's two Destinies:

Beastkin:

Traverser:
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:55 pm

I really like the concept of the level 4 Beast-Kin feature. It's a little too powerful for a level 4 feature (4 racial traits plus other stuff is more than equal to the 2 utility talent base level 4 and 7 features are supposed to be equal to) but the concept works *really* well and is just freakin' cool. We definitely need something like that in the system.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 pm

I agree. We need a Beast Master Destiny.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:12 pm

At the very least some way to get an animal companion for those Fluttershy druids out there.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:34 pm

I think I recall tossing some ideas on having pets (one for everyone in the party) being worked in as a boon, in another thread, ages ago. Could be a nice option for those who don't want to rely on a destiny for such a feature. After all, the Mane Six had a pet each. Very Happy

Last edited by Zarhon on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Yeah, but a pet-boon lessens how special a pet-destiny or utility talents would feel.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:I really like the concept of the level 4 Beast-Kin feature. It's a little too powerful for a level 4 feature (4 racial traits plus other stuff is more than equal to the 2 utility talent base level 4 and 7 features are supposed to be equal to) but the concept works *really* well and is just freakin' cool. We definitely need something like that in the system.

I counted the 4 racials as being worth a little less, as your character itself doesn't get access to them until level 10. Then again, you do get a bunch of stuff just as required secondary powers.
making all pet attributes 4 and/or downgrading the animal speak to empathy might go a long way in that
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Well, it doesn't have to be blind could be obscure *Shrugs* I just needed a word for "Can no longer see" and that fit the bill.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Zarhon wrote:Why does the diamond dog race have only 7 racial points?

I need to proofread better. I had built it differently and still had things based off of that. The digging skill should be 2 points rather than 1.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next