The Sun Sets

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Mon May 12, 2014 1:57 am

"Sorry! Need to use the lab!" Storm enters the room, something he immediately regrets. "Right, forgot about this."

OOC: How serviceable is the equipment here. Could he prepare an antidote with the lab in its current state?
Perception(7) + FK(Labwork)(5)
Roll(1d20)+12:
20,+12
Total:32
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon May 12, 2014 3:14 am

Bells:
The guards, having seen both ponies fall from the window, double their efforts to reach the house. They are impeded by the harassment of a single Unicorn, who is chasing behind them firing off spells in their direction. After a moment, one of them rolls and dives, taking one spell to the chest as he collides with the Unicorn. After a moment, he shakily stands, and wobbles down the street, while his partner goes ahead to the window. He gives the two on the ground a cursory glance, before flapping up to Bells. "Ok lady, don't move. I'm coming , just back up slowly and we'll have a talk about what just happened."

Dodger:
Your question grabs the attention of the Pegasus who had been pursuing Scales and Kanen. He spins, just in time to see Storm dash past into the lab. The new arrivals and activity confused the addled pony, and he freezes, trying to to decide who all he should be concentrating on. "Capybara," He says uneasily, affirming his befuddlement.

Storm:
The equipment around the lab table are unlikely to be of any use, as they were at the epicenter of the explosion that killed Figure Head. However, at the back of the room are a few cabinets, which most likely contain replacement pieces- hopefully most of which survived the shockwave. With the right ingredients, procedures, and some assistance, there is a good chance he could craft the antidote here.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5654
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Mon May 12, 2014 10:57 am

Storm pokes his head out the door and gestures for everypony to get inside.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose on Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Bells moves to let the guard in through the broken window, looking with concern at his companion. After a moment she turns to the guard. "Did you two witness what caused those two ponies to fall?"
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon May 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Bells:
"I take it that means you're denying you did it?" The guard continues to watch you suspiciously. "Just so happen to be there when they go crashing through the window. Don't look like the strong enough type, but you never know with Unicorns." Meanwhile, the other Pegasus reaches the front yard, and calls up. "Little help? I think my wings are... spaghetti." The first guard looks back, and yells down, "They look fine to me!" He gives Bells a quick glare. "Don't move, missy." he orders with a growl, and then flies down to get his partner.

Everyone else, I kinda need actions to go with here.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5654
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon May 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Well it certainly looks like the zombies got inside. And Dodger did not imagine that they would be entirely helpful if they were to move into the lab.

"Storm, how much time do you need without interruptions?" shouted Dodger.

He fully intended to offer himself as bait if it meant Storm had time to make a cure.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose on Tue May 13, 2014 1:26 am

Wait. Did these guards think she pushed them out the window? Bells looked down the hallway for more bloody hoofprints. She really would rather wait to sort this out, but this might not be a matter that could wait that long. Besides, if the guards followed her to whatever she was chasing, which probably killed those two ponies, she might be able to prove her innocence via proving its guilt.
Perception:
Roll(1d20)+11:
2,+11
Total:13 crap
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Tue May 13, 2014 1:36 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Well it certainly looks like the zombies got inside. And Dodger did not imagine that they would be entirely helpful if they were to move into the lab.

"Storm, how much time do you need without interruptions?" shouted Dodger.

He fully intended to offer himself as bait if it meant Storm had time to make a cure.

"I don't know. I was hoping to have more time, but its probably not going to be quick."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue May 13, 2014 2:21 am

Bells:
Nothing about the hallway stands out to you. Maybe its because you rarely use it, but everything looks fine, save the busted window. No hoofprints or any other clues. The guards are still struggling on the ground.

Storm:
Apparently the Pegasus decides that you, being the nearest and most talkative, are the prime target for its... whatever it has in store. He begins ambling up to you at a trot, wings outstretched, making wooshing noises.

Each of you named has about one action before things happen.

Everyone else, DO SOMETHING.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5654
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Tue May 13, 2014 10:55 am

Storm leaps on the pegasus and tries to drag and shove him into the room to the north.  "I don't have time for this!  Dodger can you open the door north of here for me?"

OOC: Stunts
Roll(1d20)+15:
13,+15
Total:28
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose on Tue May 13, 2014 12:25 pm

Bells sighs and runs down the hallway anyway, sure that whatever caused those two ponies to die ran this way. After all, she has yet to meet, it, and it probably did not jump out the window too. As she runs, she looks for more clues as she goes.
Perception:
Roll(1d20)+11:
3,+11
Total:14 good thing my Derp only counts for 1 and 2, not 3's
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue May 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Dodger runs to the northern door, opening it up for Storm.

Acrobatics and/or Mechanics: 1d20 (13) + 12 = 25. Take that, door!
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 on Tue May 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Rather than wait any longer, Kanen took a deep breath and leaped through the window.
Rollz:
Acrobatics: 10(skill) + 7(roll) = 17
Endurance: 10(skill) + 20(roll)=30
avatar
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 601
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Valdosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue May 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Dodger, Storm:
You have entered the door to the North. There is an Elf standing here, and he has Grey hair and The left door was locked, but Dodger picks it easily- no traps or magical mechanism this time, just simple tumblers. Storm grabs a hold of the Pegasus, and with a head start and the element of surprise, he is able to drag him back down the hallway and push him inside.

Kanen:
At the same time, despite the arrival of the others, Kanen leaps out of the broken out window. His back hoof gets caught on the sill unfortunately, and he trips and falls rather ungracefully down the side of the building, into the bushes in the alley. Luckily, Fate appears to be bored with it's little running gag, and despite hitting the wall numerous times on the way down, he climbs out unscathed. He even managed to keep all of his remaining tines this time. As he's crawling out of the bush, though, his shoulder gets scratched. Rather than hurt, though, it feels warm and soothing, and that feeling soon spreads throughout his body. He feels awake and energized, and completely healthy. Taking a look at the odd plant, he finds that he crushed one of only two present, and the other one has only a few leaves on it yet.

Bells:
You take off down the hall to your right, and reach the corner just as you hear the Guards flapping their way up to the landing. "Hey, come back here!" The first one yells as you duck around the corner. Unfortunately, you are too distracted to see if there is any more of the blood trail this way, and the Guards are hot on your tail.


Kanen falls onto Figure Head's experimental Aloe Needle (Panaceas Figura), a hybrid of Aloe, Blue Rose, Sapphire Leaf Cactus, King Root Weed, and Hemp. Any lingering hp loss or status effects have been healed. There is one "dose" of the plant left usable, if he takes it with him.


Last edited by Bronymous on Tue May 13, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5654
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Tue May 13, 2014 9:56 pm

After locking the room to the north , Storm re-enters the lab.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose on Tue May 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Bells looks frantically for a doorway or corner she can jump into so that she can jump into it and not get run over by the guards when she stops.
Rolls:
Perception: Roll(1d20)+11:
17,+11
Total:28 finally a good one

Acrobatics/Athletics: Roll(1d20)+5:
15,+5
Total:20 not bad for a dump skill
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue May 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Bells:
Immediately around the corner is the door to your bedroom, and you dash inside. The Guards see you though, and one of them gets a hoof in the door as you try to close it.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5654
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose on Wed May 14, 2014 1:09 am

Bells just sits behind the door, waiting for the guards to come through (though she does put her hoof out to keep the door from slamming her in the face). Even if she couldn't find whoever was actually responsible for those ponies' deaths, she could at least explain what happened. She hoped.
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed May 14, 2014 3:17 am

Bells:
The Guards slam the door open and approach you. "Alright little miss, just what kind of game do you think this is?" demands the Guard with whom you had not previously spoken. He has an accent, but you can't quite place it. The other one jumps in. "Fleeing the scene, attempted evasion, probably a dozen more crimes we can come up with if you don't start cooperating." The first glances at his partner, and says quietly, "Maybe, but we don't exactly have a lot of time. Let's just start by hearing what she has to say." He turns to you. "Well?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5654
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose on Wed May 14, 2014 12:18 pm

"I apologize for any inconveniences I may have brought upon you, I did not realize you were searching for something with a possibly time sensitive nature as well." Bells says, deciding to go for an earnest explanation. "I have lived here with Figure Head for about a month, learning some of the magics and, as he called it, 'Science,' of this land. Recently an explosion happened that killed Figure Head, a lab accident apparently, and I awoke to find some strangers in the house who I could really do nothing about because of the 'zombies' outside. We somehow found our way into a 'Void,' and when we got out we discovered some ponies who had not previously been here in the house. We heard the glass break, and I decided to... ho, I do not know the word for this, but look around for answers, when I saw those bloody hoofprints and the ponies out the window and you two. I was hoping to discuss with you what actually killed those two ponies when I realized you suspected me, and I decided it to be a good idea to try to find the one who actually did it before you returned, but I did not find any clues." Though her accent made some words impossible to understand, most of this explanation was somewhat simple for Bells.
Persuasion:
Roll(1d20)+11:
1,+11
Total:12 erk... this is bad
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Dodger picked the lock easily enough, he thought - it was second nature to him. He didn't know how long the lock would hold after Storm locked the other pony inside, but hoped it would buy Storm adequate time as he followed him into the lab.

"What do you need me to retrieve?" asked Dodger.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed May 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Bells:
"...Did you catch any of that?" The first guard asks his partner. "Yeah. Bunch of manure about nothing in particular." The guard with the accent answers. It occurs to you that his accent isn't entirely dissimilar to your own, and he may be better at understanding them then others. "So you didn't push them, and you didn't see who pushed them, but you were there and the other guy was just gone without a trace? Right." He steps forward. "As much as we have bigger things to do, double equicide isn't something to just let drop, no matter what's going on outside." The other one joins him, circling around you slightly. "No running, and try to keep your thoughts to yourself. We're arresting you on suspicion of murder, and taking you somewhere secure until we can deal with you." The accented guard digs something out of a pouch on his armor, producing three different rings. The first two look big enough to fit around a pony's hooves, and the other is much narrower, and looks like it slides over a horn. "Now hold still- resistance will not end well for you."


Ok, so I'm really trying to get things to move a little bit quicker. This means I will be posting whenever there is something that needs to be responded to, not when everyone has had a chance. Those of you posting less frequently, I'm sorry but you're going to end up playing background pony more frequently as things progress around you.

FOR NOW, though, the only one I can do anything with is Bells, since Storm and Dodger are doing a thing and I'm waiting on Scales, Gearick and Kanen to make actions.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5654
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose on Thu May 15, 2014 2:15 am

Bells blinks and sighs. Of course this would happen to her, princess of a land far off in the north that probably half the ponies of Equestria had never heard about before. Wait a second... one of the guard's accents were similar to hers? That means he might know her language! Desperately she starts talking rapid-fire at the guard, in her own language, though she does not resist them arresting her. "I understand why you are arresting me, why you do not believe me, but please! You are wasting time doing this, I did nothing wrong. Do you really think that a guilty pony would call down to you after killing a couple of ponies? No, not unless they are truly stupid or they did it on accident. Do I look that sophomoric to you?"
Persuasion:
Roll(1d20)+11:
20,+11
Total:31  Natural 20! FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Thu May 15, 2014 2:55 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Dodger picked the lock easily enough, he thought - it was second nature to him. He didn't know how long the lock would hold after Storm locked the other pony inside, but hoped it would buy Storm adequate time as he followed him into the lab.

"What do you need me to retrieve?" asked Dodger.

"See if you can find Bells. But once you're back, can you do me a favor? I've got a few ideas on how to make an antidote, but I don't know if its actually possible Can you do me a favor? But its been awhile since I've been infected. If start to get delirious, can you move me to one of the beds in the rooms and restrain me? I don't want to hurt no pony my while sick. I especially don't want to be responsible for spreading it to anypony else."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu May 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Bells:
The accented guard hesitates as he begins to cuff you. "Pff, whatever you're saying now isn't gonna help your case." "No, wait, I understood some of that." He takes a long look at you, and then slides the ring over your horn. "That language... I think it's the same one my mom spoke. Uh..." He thinks for a second, and then begins speaking in a slow, broken dialect. "North, Equestria not from is? Dobobada... No, Donbardo?... Uh..." He shakes his head, and slides the cuffs over your hooves. In Equestrian again, he continues, "I'm better at listening." He turns to his partner. "She does make a good point. We really don't have time for this. All this is extremely time sensitive, things are getting worse by the second, I don't think we can afford to take her with us." "So what, you think she's innocent all of a sudden?" "Well it's hard to tell if you don't know the language, but she was speaking in a sincere tone." "I'll bet she was, so do most ponies who are afraid of getting caught." "No, it means the way she was saying stuff indicates that she wasn't lying, or at least felt too strongly about it. I'm not saying she isn't lying or didn't do it, but I think it's unlikely. In any case, we can't take her with us." He turns back to you, and again tries your native language. "Is you... here, stay complete that... do... room...?" Back to Equestrian. "I'm leaving these on you. If you are innocent, then stay here until our job is done. Then we'll be back to get the full story. Let's go, Cobalt is waiting."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5654
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum