Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

+27
Copper Rose
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lapis-Lazily
Mind Gamer
Demonu
Pingcode
LoganAura
conantheghost
Dusk Raven
Cardbo
Quietkal
sunbeam
Kindulas
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Hayatecooper
thematthew
A1C Bronymous
SparkImpulse
Xel Unknown
Philadelphus
Ramsus
Zarhon
kajisora
ZamuelNow
Paper Shadow
Stairc -Dan Felder
31 posters

Page 25 of 44 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 44  Next

Go down

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made) - Page 25 Empty Re: Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 am

I vote for increase the bonus. There are plenty of 2 point racials.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made) - Page 25 Empty Re: Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:06 am

Likewise. Plus, increasing the bonus means you don't have to rebuild the book's setup for dragons.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:10 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Likewise.  Plus, increasing the bonus means you don't have to rebuild the book's setup for dragons.
We do want to keep it at 3, but we're afraid of a +2 bonus. What cool other abilities could we add as a bonus?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:13 am

Why are you afraid of +2? The only other idea that comes to mind is that it gives a bonus to aid confirmation checks as well but, I dunno what that has to do with anything.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:22 am

Ramsus wrote:Why are you afraid of +2? The only other idea that comes to mind is that it gives a bonus to aid confirmation checks as well but, I dunno what that has to do with anything.
What even is that?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:24 am

I was trying to make it clear I was saying it was for the roll to see if you get to apply your +2 aiding bonus. I figured if I said "aid check" it might be misunderstood as the bonus it provides and not the roll to cause the bonus to happen.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:25 am

Team assist checks. Really needs consistent terminology to be honest.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:24 am

Kindulas wrote:We do want to keep it at 3, but we're afraid of a +2 bonus. What cool other abilities could we add as a bonus?
What if you could choose to increase the bonus to +2 for a set period on a daily basis? Something like the following:

Grandeur (3)
Your race provides a +1 morale bonus to the skill checks of all allies that can see it. Once per day, you may choose to turn up your personal Aura of Awesomeness for an hour which has the effect of increasing the morale bonus from +1 to +2.

If that's not balanced, you could play with the numbers: +3 for 30 minutes, +5 for 10 minutes, or whatever seems balanced.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:09 am

Maybe +3 for an hour? Because I was thinking "an hour seems pretty short for what we're pricing at 1 racial point".

Alternately, maybe you could pick one ally who gets +2 all day?

Edit: Or even have it give the option of both. (That is, 1/day use this or this.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:05 am

What if we went the other direction? Have grandeur work as both an aura and a penalty?

Grandeur
You provide a +1 bonus to rolls for allies that can see you, and a -1 penalty to rolls for other creatures that can see you, of your choice.
Could also try to add MP bonuses, or 1/day abilities.

Grandeur
You provide a +1 bonus to rolls for allies that can see you. You may also expend a magic point to also cause skill checks to be treated as if they were cutie mark / expert skills (allowing for CMC successes) for the next hour, for allies that can see you.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I like +2 because it's simple.  There's the obvious concern of whether or not it's too powerful though the lack of same type stacking and the requirement of being near the user reduce some of its potential.  It's actually rather interesting that the user doesn't benefit which is a key difference from Instant Party.  I think it's worth noting that Instant Party gives the chance to gain a Magic Point.

As far as You’re All My Very Best Friends, I wonder if it would be feasible to remove the MP requirement and keep the buff.  That might be problematic since it lasts all day but it would work better towards the concept of encouraging team checks.

You’re All My Very Best Friends - Proposal wrote:You’re All My Very Best Friends
Whenever one of your allies aids you on a skill check and the check succeeds, they gain a +1 morale bonus to all skill checks for the rest of the day.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Can you please put a definition for the Comatose status in the combat talents book? Someone I'm talking to seems to think you can be healed from comatose and rejoin the fight. Which I clearly remember not being the case, as this would mean the comatose term would have no meaning.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:33 pm

1) To evaluate how strong the +2 bonus is, think about whether we'd allow a utility talent that gives you +2 to all your skills - which also stacks on top of training and expert skills. Probably not. Compare that to this, which would give you +2 to all your skills and give it to all your allies too. A straight +2 bonus is nice and simple, but it's too powerful for a 3 point racial.

2) The "when you succeed on assist checks" thing falls into the same trap that makes it impossible for us to print cool things like, "when you roll a 20". Players start trying to roll assist checks to help each other tie their shoes.

3) Comatose should have a definition in the core handbook. We'd rather not restate it in the keyword section. If it doesn't, let me know
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Checked both books and the only time comatose is mentioned is actually in combat talents themselves. Otherwise it's referred to as defeated. The issue is really that in your healing from negative HP example that it isn't 100% clear (apparently, it was clear to me) that being healed once defeated doesn't bring you back into the fight. Another bit of confusion is if you can even be attacked while comatose, since some combat talents give resistance to your when you are, which implies you can be. It's not really clear either way.

Last edited by Ramsus on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Good points. I'll let Kindulas know this needs to be clarified.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Similar to defeated and comatose, it could be argued that some of the terminology for assists/aiding/team checks could be standardized as well.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:01 pm

How so?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:11 pm

As far as "things that need standardizing" go, could use some for "out of combat blinding" mechanics. Between Pyrotechnics (undefined duration), Celestia's Light (12 seconds), Light Trap (5 seconds), they could use some standardizing or equalizing.

And that brings me to a matter with Pyrotechnics, which has a few issues:
Pyrotechnics issues:

The Eternal Flame enchantment could also have some work done on it - at the moment, it's a glorified glowstick (a fire in name only), and it's vaguely defined.
Eternal Flame issues:

Edit: Combat stuff! There appears to be a rather big gap in costs between "Despair" and "Acid Rain". Though the two abilities are practically identical, Acid Rain is really expensive (-7, compared to Despair's -3).

For comparison:
Despair / Acid Rain:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Yeah the rules for assist checks are vauge, I have some notes on a different rules write-up for them
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Zarhon wrote:The Eternal Flame enchantment could also have some work done on it - at the moment, it's a glorified glowstick (a fire in name only), and it's vaguely defined.

-) Is there a reason why it's explicitly heatless? I don't see a reason not to give the enchantment an option of making it act like a normal torch-flame (fireborn lets you do that, and it's a racial worth less than a utility), or at the very least letting it provide "heat" for melting things / drying things / heating in the cold / cooking food, without actually setting things on fire.
I always assumed that the lack of heat was the very point. It's a quick emergency light without setting things on fire, blinding others, or being a massive beacon. Not that it couldn't stand to have a few adjustments like trading out infinite duration for multiples at a time or some other benefit.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 pm

Over the course of your edits, do you think you guys could alphabetize the keywords list in the combat talent doc? Or if not that, then organize it in a specific way so things are easier to find in hard copies?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Just some random things, Redirect Focus is in font size 11 instead of 12 like everything else and force bolt has it's damage in blue for some reason.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Ramsus wrote:Just some random things, Redirect Focus is in font size 11 instead of 12 like everything else and force bolt has it's damage in blue for some reason.
fixed
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Bronymous wrote:Over the course of your edits, do you think you guys could alphabetize the keywords list in the combat talent doc? Or if not that, then organize it in a specific way so things are easier to find in hard copies?
Good point, it really does need some better organization
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Originally, it was written in a way that was easier for players to read through the first time, to actually learn the rules (counting on CTRL+F to find specific keywords later for reference). We want the rules to be easy to learn and to be easy to peruse for information. Any suggestions on how to have the cake and eat it too?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 44 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 44  Next