I return from the dead to ask...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I return from the dead to ask...

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Did someone send me a PM, then delete it? I got an email saying someone had sent me something, but I when I went and checked, it was gone!
You know, I think I tried this revival act once, but it didn't stick. Anypony got an idea to make sure I stay this time? Wink
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I return from the dead to ask...

Post  Hayatecooper on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Hug kittens?
That makes everything better!
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Hug kittens?
That makes everything better!

Thanks! Smile That's a great start. Razz
Hmm... Are there any Play-by-post games I can join? I've been meaning to join one.
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Display picture of cool.

Might be a couple of Skype games looking for ponies, not sure about PbP but there is usually one looking for members.
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:27 pm

At this time there are about one or twoish open PBPs. An Abominable Antagonist combat focus. Rainbow factory kinda out there off in their own little corner. And this one which might already be full...

Also love the new pic.
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:30 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:At this time there are about one or twoish open PBPs. An Abominable Antagonist combat focus. Rainbow factory kinda out there off in their own little corner. And this one which might already be full...

Also love the new pic.

All right. I'll have to check them out. (I'm also gonna have to catch up on 10+ months of rules updates. XD)
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:33 pm

If none of them catch your eye you could just start your own. Also aren't you one of the ones in charge or are you more dealing with the whole upkeep of the forum?
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:34 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:At this time there are about one or twoish open PBPs. An Abominable Antagonist combat focus. Rainbow factory kinda out there off in their own little corner. And this one which might already be full...

Also love the new pic.
Well, AAA isn't really a campign, Rainbow Factory I think is just a small circle of friends, and the Untitled One (which is now called Slice of Night) is indeed full. We're current on the pre-campaign roleplay sessions I keep seeing more of and I would like to show you to how they are going but they are private so yeah...

However, a spot in one of my campaigns is opening up. A player has about an hour to PM me if they are still interested, but if they don't then my campaign Hayday does indeed have a spot. It's an evil-aligned campaign and currently the party has been banished, took over a prison transport ship, and completely wiped the minds of two guards and made them into their minions. I will warn you though that if you are unsure if you are going to say or not keep in mind that the player who has just disappeared is the third to leave the campaign (although none have left because the campaign is bad, they just disappeared or said they have real life things to worry about)...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:If none of them catch your eye you could just start your own. Also aren't you one of the ones in charge or are you more dealing with the whole upkeep of the forum?

I could, now that you mention it. I have this idea for a world, but it'll need some fleshing about before I'm willing to GM it.
I... not exactly. Stairc wanted a forum, but he felt he didn't have enough to time to make it. So I went here and created it myself. Literally, that's all I did. I had originally wanted to organize all the pages and stuff, but I bungled that so badly that the girl (what was her name? Katlyn? Karyn?) had to fix it all. I don't actually do anything as an admin. I never have. It's sort of an honorary position.

Oh, and thanks re: Octavia. I went and clipped a whole bunch of Mafia Octavia pics, and this was one of two that were <64 kB. Laughing

Last edited by AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
However, a spot in one of my campaigns is opening up. A player has about an hour to PM me if they are still interested, but if they don't then my campaign Hayday does indeed have a spot. It's an evil-aligned campaign and currently the party has been banished, took over a prison transport ship, and completely wiped the minds of two guards and made them into their minions. I will warn you though that if you are unsure if you are going to say or not keep in mind that the player who has just disappeared is the third to leave the campaign (although none have left because the campaign is bad, they just disappeared or said they have real life things to worry about)...

If you can give me a couple days to relearn the rules and make a character, I'd be up for it.
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:52 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:If you can give me a couple days to relearn the rules and make a character, I'd be up for it.
That's fine, there's no rush...

I will say two things which you may have noticed in the opening post. First, the game was originally made to encourage testing of my combat expansion, and I made all my players take a good chunk of it. Due to your rustiness of the system and its changes, I won't force you to take them, although I will be using some conditions and rules from it and down the line may nudge you to consider one or two of the things if I think that they fit in your build, so you may still want to read up on them when you made your character (a link can be found on the opening post)...

Second, in the opening post, I said in your backstory explain how your character ended up in Alcoltraz. Since the party has now left Alcoltraz, I would advise not doing that. I do have a way to add new members to the party though...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Haha, oh, that'd be my fault, sorry! I was demonstrating the Contact Us system to Dan.
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:06 pm

If he's feeling lazy, he could always just take the abandoned barely used combat build of the character he'd be replacing. I only even bother suggesting it because for once we managed to have a game where the whole party designed their combat builds to more or less function together.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Pingcode wrote:Haha, oh, that'd be my fault, sorry! I was demonstrating the Contact Us system to Dan.
That's quite all right. Very Happy At least it's got me back here and interactin'. Surprised 
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:37 am

Half tempted to ask if you could make a spike-equivilnant character for Mare in the Moon (Because while 7 party members is a bit much, with some episodes being a split the party scenario for slice-of-life-sillies, having each group reasonably sized would be good. 3/3 is all right, but 4 characters bouncing around role-play wise is interesting :?

Also wb Alicorn.

Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.

Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:12 am

LoganAura wrote:...
Half tempted to ask if you could make a spike-equivilnant character for Mare in the Moon (Because while 7 party members is a bit much, with some episodes being a split the party scenario for slice-of-life-sillies, having each group reasonably sized would be good. 3/3 is all right, but 4 characters bouncing around role-play wise is interesting :?

Also wb Alicorn.

All righty. I won't sign myself onto any of the campaigns until I've read through the mission statements. If the game doesn't sound like a good fit for me, I won't do it at all. But in any case, I'll look at it and see if it's my speed. Smile

Also, thanks! Glad to be back. pirat 
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 pm

AlicornPriest wrote: I don't actually do anything as an admin. I never have. It's sort of an honorary position.

And a well deserved honor. I don't think we'd even have a forum if it wasn't for you getting it started. Welcome back Alicorn!

Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
AlicornPriest wrote: I don't actually do anything as an admin. I never have. It's sort of an honorary position.

And a well deserved honor. I don't think we'd even have a forum if it wasn't for you getting it started. Welcome back Alicorn!

I'm always up for having a job if you can ever figure out what to do with me. I'm only 21, and I have no idea how site moderation actually works, but I'd like to at least feel useful. Neutral 
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Sweet! Love to have you more involved. We actually do need more moderators, so PM me about it. =)

Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:50 am

While I have a thread all about myself... Wink 

You guys here are all smarties. Can anyone here figure out the secret behind my story I'm writing? So far, no one's figured it out yet, but I'm almost surprised!
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:52 am

AlicornPriest wrote:You guys here are all smarties. Can anyone here figure out the secret behind my story I'm writing? So far, no one's figured it out yet, but I'm almost surprised!

Ooh, is that a darkside!Twilight story? I've been on a bit of a kick for those lately... I shall add it to my ever-growing Read Later list... of course, I may ask of you a look at my own fanfiction in return.
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:09 am

I don't really read fanfiction unless it's within the canon of a game (that isn't based on fanfiction because seriously, that just leads to playing as B-role characters to the fanfiction's characters). But, my guess is.... pancakes and four hours of sleep.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top