Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 36 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:01 am

The palace in Kabikyo was also made of wood. As far as you know, they all are.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 36 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:57 am

Lynt, you got anything to say/do? If not, let me know and I'll move things along.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Results for Cyrta's History checks:

About the City: This is Hanko, one of the wealthiest cities as it's somewhat central, has access to Kabikyo by land and river and Detsu and many smaller towns and villages by way of sea. They have a decent sized land based military force solely because of their near position to Kabikyo. They have one of the two largest naval military forces, matched by Detsu. Their major commercial exports are fish, water, and salt but, they also produce quite a lot of other foods and a larger amount of wood than most cities. You already know about the city's rulers so I'm skipping that.

The Daimyo's Family: All the stuff you already know, As far back as you would know, the Sa'Hak-cho family has always been a strong mercantile presence and they worship Avandra. You never had much reason to know more about them than that before so, you couldn't say quite how large or wealthy their family is. Though, it's a good bet they are one of the wealthiest in all of Chiheisen.

Empty House: This is the first you've heard about Empty Houses but, from the look of the Roving Door, you would say the door at least is made from flowstone. Your guess would be the Empty Houses themselves are not since that would be too much for shardminds too fail to notice.

Black Rice: Black Rice, also known as Forbidden Rice, is specially grown and reserved only for Daimyo, their families and most honored friends, and their most honored guests. It is grown with the most care and by the most skilled farmers who are always of recognized artisan class. Due to this attention it is superior to other rices. However, without this care it would likely be much the same as other high quality white rices. It is called Forbidden Rice because it is against the law (as well as culturally forbidden) for anyone without a Daimyo's permission to eat it in all cities and their territories. (That have Daimyo anyway.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:41 am

Nobody has anything to say?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:08 am

Sure would be nice if I didn't have to keep reminding everyone to post.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:47 pm

You guys are level 3 now. Make sure to tell me what you're getting.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Just to clarify, the ritual has been going on this whole time. I just figured I'd let you guys talk during it because otherwise it's just half an hour of you guys sitting there in silence.

Also, still waiting to hear about level 3 stuff.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:19 am

So Toku got Nimble Fingers, but i didn't spend my talent points, nothing really caught on with me. >.<
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey, do you have any open spots? I'd love to join in if you did, but I don't have any experience playing any Role-Playing Games.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Well, our setup might be a bit complicated for a beginner. Have you read the first few posts in this thread? I don't know if it says in there (since we largely talk over skype) but, right now what we have going is PT rules with a custom leveling chart and we're also going to be switching back and forth between PT's combat system and the Tier system's combat system (check the link in my sig). I can certainly help you with any aspect of making your character but, it's of course better if you understand how those systems work.

You probably also should read over the IC thread so far before making a decision.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:55 pm

I read through the tier system and the IC thread, and I think I can handle it! If I need help with something I'll probably just ask in this thread. The only thing I might need help with at first is introducing my character in a way that makes sense and ties him to the group.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Uh.... wow. That was... quick. Well, making your character/talking to the group would be easiest if you have Skype. My address on that is Ramsusofthepants.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Alright then, my Skype is yourfriendlyTurnerofTime.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 am

I've been thinking this over for a bit and the +10 from MP pretty much causes a mess the way I run things. If it's ok with you guys, I'd like to change that MP usage to be that you re-roll the check and use the better result. You could still use multiple MP on the same check and the elements/virtues/other MP costing things would remain the same, this would just allow me to not have skill check DCs be really high and weird at times.

Also, Lynt, your sheet still says Skaimos is level 2.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Hum's character is done now. And nobody responded to the previous post so... I guess everyone is ok with the idea?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Yeah, I'm okay with it! It makes a bit more sense to me anyways.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Right, this might be a stupid question, but how do you put things in spoiler tags? I don't really want to break the format you have going on at the moment.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:23 pm

On the fourth row of buttons it's the one in the middle with the pad of paper looking thing with an exclamation mark. Oh, you're gonna need to figure out a text color for your character too. Preferably one that isn't taken, doesn't hurt anyone's eyes, and isn't purple. To do that you'll probably be wanting to insert the color yourself instead of using the currently bizarre and kinda useless color selection. So you'll need to hit the button that's on the farthest right side. I suggest looking here for colors.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Erm, could you specify what button you mean by "the one on the farthest right side"? I'm kind of new to forums.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:04 am

The one that says "Switch Editor Mode" when you highlight it. Looks like a sheet of paper with some lines.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:51 am

Like this?
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:59 am

Don't mind me, just trying to get a color.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:07 am

Looking at some things, and remembering we did this for Tier, a few things that list lengths in feet, will instead be listed in yards. Basically weather-crafting and arcane eye and other things will basically have 3 times the distance they normally would. Because seriously... 100 feet of weather-alteration or sending an invisible scout? In the first case that's basically good enough to make it rain just on your house alone. In the second it involves basically having to follow your invisible intangible scouting thing around just so it could actually fully examine a warehouse. Both of these are in my opinion ridiculously limiting. (And in the later case, just ridiculous in general.)

On the other hand, things like CCC and Fabricate will remain as feet. So basically, just ask I suppose.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:49 pm

My character sheet, for those it concerns.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:12 am

Realized I hadn't done Tier rules of items you guys have. Those of you who haven't added their raptors to their sheets should do so now.

No change to the shoulder guard and the magical naginata.

Ring of Fortitude: +1 to all saves and resistance to poison and diseases. Also Poison Resistance 1 for Tier.

Weapon Strap of Quickness: PT: On their first turn of the fight may use Stab or Knife in the Dark as a bonus no pip gain action.
Tier: On their first turn of the fight may use a Standard At-Will Melee Weapon Attack as a Free action that does not generate EC.

Raptor: PT:
[0] Claw - Minor Attack
Deal 1 damage to target creature.

Tier:
Claw - At-Will Minor Attack
Keywords: Melee
Deal 1 damage to target creature.
Special: You can make this attack even if you do not have a melee weapon equipped but, you don't gain any benefit from ranged weapon specialties to the attack.

Quick Mount - Refresh (6) Free Utility
Until the end of your next turn, you treat all opponents as being Slowed 1 higher than they are otherwise.

Superior Raptor: PT:
[0] Superior Claw - Minor Attack
Deal 1 damage to target creature. If that creature is suffering from Ongoing Damage, raise the amount by 1.
Tier:
Superior Claw - At-Will Minor Attack
Keywords: Melee
Deal 1 damage to target creature. If that creature is suffering from Ongoing Damage, raise the amount by 1.
Special: You can make this attack even if you do not have a melee weapon equipped but, you don't gain any benefit from ranged weapon specialties to the attack.

Superior Quick Mount - Refresh (5) Free Utility
Until the end of your next turn, you treat all opponents as being Slowed 1 higher than they are otherwise.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next