Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conjure Weapon Upgrade Traits

3 posters

Go down

Conjure Weapon Upgrade Traits Empty Conjure Weapon Upgrade Traits

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Inspired by Fury of the Tempest's "Sword and Shield" trait.

As the name implys this is to help build traits that'd be built to upgrade one of the Conjure Weapon Talents to give more options for people who enjoy to use those and would want more options to work with.

Perosnally I'd think that each traits like this would work first to add a new trait, a new talent, or improve a talent/trait the weapon already has. Along with maybe allowing a free slot to use the weapon in question. I'd believe this would be balanced for it'd basically give the effects the "Dangerously Talented" gives, but be limited, and would improve the talent for those that already have and use it. Or have them just work if one has the weapon talent in question in their combat talent pool... Not sure which one would be more balanced.

Here are the seven official conjure weapon talents in the game so far for ref:
Blood Weapon:

Hammer of Thunder:

Flametongue:

Granite Axe:

Hurricane Blade:

Death's Scythe:

Shield of Valor:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Conjure Weapon Upgrade Traits Empty Re: Conjure Weapon Upgrade Traits

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:05 pm

I suggested some conjuration traits earlier, in the overshadowed combat talents thread.

Conjuration Weapon Traits:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:10 am

People have been arguing over whether or not to make these traits weapon specific, and I just want to point out that we can design the traits to be weapon specific without actually making them weapon specific.
Here's my random example, a trait made to empower flame blade.

searing weapon - trait
Whenever you inflict ongoing damage on an enemy using a talent granted to you by a conjured weapon, increase that value by 2. (Yes, this would stack with sink your teeth in.)

This is obviously geared towards enhancing the Flametongue. But because it isn't specifically restricted to the flametongue, other combos are possible. The Necro Scythe build throws around ongoing damage, and could probably benefit from that. If you have Fleshrender, Sink your Teeth In, and the Wind Rapier, then you can spread Ongoing 6 to nearly every enemy on the field in one turn using gale and 2 flash steps. This combo possibly makes the trait broken, but the point to take away is that by allowing these traits to be used with all conjured weapons, we allow for more creativity. And the pool for conjured weapons is still relatively low, so the most broken exploits should be relatively easy to find and patch.

EDIT: Also, I really like weightless weapon for two reasons. The first is that it lets you get off pretty much any conjuration ult on turn 1 in tandem with Mystic Sheath, which can lead to some phenomenal combos. The second is that you only get the full benefit if you summon multiple conjurations, which is really good for subtly encouraging people to use multiple conjured weapons in one combat, which is a method of combat that's kind of gimped right now.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down