Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 6 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:45 pm

"Whatever darkens your fur best, princess. I'd suggest volcano soot, but there's not a premium of that around, so mud would do nicely. Why were you trying to contact the princess? Isn't she sort of at the heart of this whole plot? Also, where are we headed?" Grease says in his usual rapid-fire manner.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 6 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:53 pm

"I just figured we could keep contact without her captors knowing but it seems that won't be happening.  Silver Swirl found two entrances to the temple when we first landed on the island. They have one guarded so I was heading to the other.  There's a lake nearby so I guess I'll use that to cover myself." Upon reaching the lake, the griffon slavered mud all over herself until she was fully covered.  Suddenly, she paused and her eyes started to dart around. "Did you hear that?"

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Spotlight: 9 + 1 + 3 = 13

Zero: 5 + 1 + 17 = 23
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 pm

9+10=19
Eagle Eye is apparently a flat +3 bonus to perception checks, and not just to vision based ones. If there a ruling that that shouldn't count here, this is a 16.

Also, Grease can see just fine in the dark, if that changes anything. If that would allow Sharp Eye to work towards something, then the roll is actually a 22 (which might bring Dragonheart into play).
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Roll(1d20)+10:
12,+10
Total:22

OOC may I roll any assists for this?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Ready and alert, the STOMP team stands attentive.  After a brief pause of tension thick enough to cut with a knife, five earth ponies in dark cloaks jumped out of the bushes poised to attack.  Of course, our heroes aren't the type to be surprised so these assailants just may find themselves on the receiving end of an assault.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:59 pm

"Really? We've been on the island for only, what. Ten minutes, and we are already fighting?" Gearick asked with a sigh, his horn lightning up as he opened his saddlebags, pulling out the spellbook stored within. "We aren't going to have a seconds rest, are we?" He asked rhetorically, as he prepared for battle.

Init:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:18 pm

"Sleep is for the weak." Grease say, pressing the center of his bowtie. Electricity spreads out from his neck along the surface of his body, tendrils of bright blue lightning sliding along his scales and crackling together. His eyes start to glow a flourescent blue, and his voice takes on an staticy quality, as if he's speaking over a bad radio connection ((alright, another bad radio connection)). "It's been a while since I got to release like this. I promise not to shock any of you too badly, but it will tickle a little.

INIT roll:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:53 pm

"You know what to do Spotlight!" Zero calls out, while taking a few steps back to remove herself from any danger. "Affirmative, replies Spotlight enthusiastic at the proposal of testing out his latest combat upgrades." Spotlight replies, with a faint accompanying electronic whine from within his body.

Combat Data:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:37 am

"I must admit that this is a rather amateurish ambush." Field then rather dramatically and grandiosely draws forth a large tome and in a sweeping gesture opens it up to the first page. "I invoke you spirit of wrath and infernal power! Strike against my enemies dread Bael!" As he says this three grotesque heads burst from the ground the first of a warped toad, the second a twisted cat, and the final head a strange hairless ape. At the word strike the toad and cat lash out at two of the cloaked ponies.

Combat:

Moves:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:59 pm

"Seems we've got a wee' bit o' a pest problem." Says Keg, grabbing his bagpipes and slinging one of his namesake over his shoulder.
Combat data:
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Initiatives:

Two of the earth ponies took the brunt of the Professor's attack, their bodies taking on an abnormal luster.  "You'll wish you hadn't done that..." one snarled.  Meanwhile, Muse's eyes darted back and forth until she fell to the ground and covered her head with her wings. "We're-all-gonna-die-we're-all-gonna-die-we're-all-gonna-die-we're-all-gonna-die..."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Grease's eyes flicker towards Muse for a moment, then back to the ninja ponies. He puts his hands together, touches his tail to his palms, and with a furious crackling jumps in the air, spreading his palms and tail and launching sparks all around him, which move like Fireworks sparks, splitting into more and more bits of electricity. Some sparks moved toward Grease's allies, and instead of shocking them melted into their skin at precise points, energizing them. Many sparks coalesced into a set of five lightning bolts, blazing at the assailants and visibly arcing from their skulls down their spine. A few sparks find their way towards Grease and a lot of them encircle his bowtie, making it look somewhat like a dog collar with a glowing bell on it. In response, the Bowtie spins, visibly pumping out power for a moment. Lightning arcs between Greases tail spines, and with a flick of his tail he directs a compact bolt of lightning at Gearick, which splinters into sparks as it travels towards him and melts into his skin. When the sparks fade, Grease slumps for a moment, breathing heavily, but gives an exhilarated laugh at the tingling feelings in his body, and draws himself back upright.

What actually happened:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 pm

"That was quite a move there Grease." Gearick said, amazed at the lightshow the dragon put on. More amazing through, was the energy he could feel flowing through him. Forcing his magical energy to condensed already, allowing him to push forwards with his plans. "And its just what I needed." Gearick's eyes began to glow, become void of nothing but the white light shining from them as he reared up onto his back hooves. He began to trace flaming red runes with his front hooves as he incanted.

"Elemento ignis hic opem petimus, ut  debitum repensatum!"

Once he was finished, the runes glowed, before folding inwards to create a shimming, orange/red/yellow portal. Out of which shot out a flaming hand, then another. These hands grabbed the sides of the portal, heaving its owner out into the forest. A giant of fire and lava, yet nothing around them burned, and no smoke rose from him. Facing the earth ponies, it spoke.

"Vos iuvatum faciam ad debitum reddendum ad te, et domum tuam."

The giant then lashed out, a wave of fire sweeping across the earth ponies, burning them, but only them as when the wave passed over them onto the earth, it vanished.

Turn:

Stauts:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Field raises a single eyebrow at the conflagration " Debitum? How in the world did you manage to place a Djinn into debt?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:34 pm

"Nice one laddie!" The minotaur says to the giant.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Upon seeing the flaming monstrosity enter into this realm, Muse ran off into the bushes screaming in terror.  The assailants sneered but were unable to move from the shocking stupor that struck them.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:37 pm

The fire giant seemed to tremble at the professor's words, as Gearick turned to him and said. "One, he hates being refereed to a a 'Djinn', as the term mostly referees to genie's or genie like creatures, which he is not. Two, pay attention to what he said. He spoke about a debt to me and my family. He doesn't just owe the debt to me, its a debt to my ancestor's and their entire bloodline."

When muse ran of screaming, the unicorn grimaced, saying. "Damnit. Can't my enemies run screaming from the giant monster of fire and lava, and not my allies?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:45 pm

"I'd say the primary reason they're not moving right now is because they can't move a muscle," Grease replied, "Which I am perfectly okay with. We can find Muse as soon as these clowns are bound up and out of the picture."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:58 pm

"You do realize that wish granting spirits are only one of the more recent views on the word Djinn traditionally it refers to spirits of smokeless fire which this very much appears to be. So then what do you referrer to it as? Additionally the previous question now applies to your entire family."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:07 pm

"Firstly, his modern Equestrian name is 'Cleansing Fire'. Its easiest to stick with that name. He's used to it now and calling him by his other names makes him feel old. Secondly, I have no clue. I'm still tracing his link to my family back."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:54 pm

"Look out laddies! Hahahahahahahaha!" Said Keg. Setting the keg he's holding ablaze and throwing it at the enemies, Yelling, "Yer mother was a donkey and yer father was a clown!"
What actually happened.:
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:10 am

Spotlight noted his allies taking a break from the fighting to have a conversation that he analyzed as could have easily waited until after they were out of danger, if you based the situation on the premise that they were in any real danger, which he concluded, might not be the case. While doing so he trotted over to the opponents and bucked one of them into two others.

Combat Data:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:08 am

Field turns his attention back to the battle at hand. He rather calmly walks over to a nearby tree extracts some sap adds in a few compounds and reagents and throws the resulting foul mixture at two of the earth Ponies.

Combat:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:03 pm

As a look of worry crosses the faces of the unlucky saps who crossed our heroes, the mystical haze surrounding one was lifted.  Whether through resilience or stubbornness, they weren't out of the the fight just yet.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next