Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 7 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 7 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Grease got the strange sensation that everyone was looking at him expectantly for a moment, so he decided to forgo showmanship and just shock someone. He drew a bolt out between his palms and lobbed it as Cleansing Fire. Instead of splitting into sparks, the bolt seemed to spread, enveloping the giant almost entirely, and interlacing the crackling flames with the snaps of sparks.
what actually happened:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 7 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Shaking off the shocking stun, one of the assailants summoned a mystic orb.  With a pulsating glow, an arc of energy coursed out and struck Kegs.

OOC:

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 pm

Cleansing Fire shivered at the lightning bolt, feeling the strength it gave him. Gearick curiously titled his head, saying. "Your very skilled with your lightning Gease, no idea it could be used like that... Cleansing likes it." Meanwhile, the unicorn decided not to show that in the excitement of showing off his summoning, he forgot to activate his energy restorer. So he simply rose on his legs again, eyes glowing as he began tracing out runes. Only these runes where pure white.

"Tutori rei lux, Te peto ad colligunt usque tuus ensis et vestram servetis iusiurandum ut mihi." Unlike before, no portal opened when Gearick finished his incarnation. Instead the a pony just materialized from the runes. A white pegasus clad in yellow armour, and wielding a blade of light with an elaborate yellow hand-guard and hilt. The pony glowed with an inner light.

"Per meum ensis et per juramentum meum, Ego percutiet eos qui resistunt tibi!" The pegasus shouted, before launching itself forwards, swiping the middle most earth pony. Due to its haste however, the attack was not strong. The pegasus then jumped upwards, allowing Cleansing Fire to launch a powerful wave of fire at the five earth ponies, as Gearick came back down to his hooves. As he did so, his horn light up again, making him grin.

"Magical Overcharge!" He announced, lowering his head and allowing the built-up magic launch itself as a ball of magic, colliding with the middle most pony and engulfing him and the two ponies next to him in an explosion.

Turn:

When the first pony shook of the stun and launched made to attack them back, the glowing pegasus struck first, through again in its haste, the blow wasn't that strong.

Interupt:

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:55 pm

With that volley, two of the assailants fell while the rest looked worse for the wear. It seems it may not be much longer now folks.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Spotlight faced one of the earth ponies to fire a laser out of his "eye" but, Gearik's new summoned creature got itself in the line of fire and he had to adjust at the last moment, resulting in only clipping the earth pony with the beam. This was followed by Spotlight declaring, "Warning, friendly fire is a misnomer, Spotlight says in annoyance."

Combat Data:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:58 pm

With two more down, a lone assailant looked back and forth at the group pondering his existence. Who knows what thoughts flittered through his mind?

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:23 pm

"Worry not there is not much I can do to you. But I can predict what shall happen." With a flourish Field draws a single card from his sleeve. "The 10 of Swords absolute destruction,being struck down by a multitude of things this does not bode well for you." He then throws the card directly at the remaining pony lightly scratching it across the neck.

Combat:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:20 pm

After glancing at the Professor, then looking at Kegs, then looking at the rest of the group, the final earth pony attempted to run off in the direction of Muse.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Gearick quickly grabbed out with his magic, Cleansing Fire and the glowing pegasus fading away as he focused his magic elsewhere. Enhancing his natural teleknesis in an attempt to slow down the runner, if not stop him completely.

Arcana to enhance ponykensis:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Zero, already hiding out in the earth pony decided to run off to, stuck out a leg and tripped him as he went past and Spotlight soon caught up and pinned him to the ground.

Zero: 5 + 19 = 24
Spotlight: 16 + 10 = 26

Edit: Gah, ninja'd. Should I just leave this here or what?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:37 am

With the combined assault of the team's forces, the runner was swiftly stopped and secured. With the attack soundly thwarted, what will the team do now?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:44 am

"Anyone good at interrogation?" Gearick questioned, as he made his way to the earth pony. "As I think we should question this guy... and secure the others... and find Muse."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:49 pm

"Well, I may have gone a little overboard, there. I had a little too much charge pent up there. I probably won't be able to put on a show like that again for a long time." Grease says, still a little giddy as he pokes his bow tie, and the electricity fades back into his neck.
"My Universal Fact Analyzer broke down, so I won't be much use here. I'll go find Muse. She went tearing through the forest; as long as she didn't remember that she has wings, she should be easy to find." Grease says, strolling past Spotlight and the assaillant and following whatever path Muse had left in the woods, occasionally checking the low tree branches for any sign of her.

Perception roll:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 pm

While Muse's trail didn't seem particularly difficult to pick up, she did seem to have moved at quite a swift speed. It took quite a while before Grease was able to find their ally tangled in a mess of vines and struggling to no avail.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:28 pm

"Ma'am? The assailants have been taken care of. Also, the Fire Giant is gone, though he's probably slight offended that you ran away from him, screaming. His name is Cleansing Fire, if we see him again I suggest you apologize. Now are you ready to calm down so that I can get you out of here? I really can't start until you stop moving."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Muse vainly continued a futile effort at struggling free from the vines. "Last time I saw one of those things it tried to eat me!  I don't care what his name is, no way I'm going back there!"

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Grease arched an eyebrow at the mention of a carnivorous Fire Giant, then sighed. "Woe upon words and their wiles." he muttered quietly "Muse, while you were retainer to the princess, was she ever taught any control exercises? You know, the sort where you lift a claw to your chest as you breath in, then breath out and push away, like you're shoving all your problems off to the side for a minute?" He asks, mimicking the gesture. "I need you to try it for me. Give me a minute or two to tinker, and just imagine that all your problems are being pushed away from you. Do it with me. In...and out...in...and out..." Grease continues repeating this as he opens up his gearkit and grabs a few spare parts, looking for the shiniest and the most beautiful bits of metal. He grabs a few gemstones for good measure, adding to the luster, and lets his repetitive rhythm fade out as he works.

Rolls:

Last edited by sunbeam on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Though she initially started hyperventilating, the griffon associate started to slowly calm down as she matched the dragon's gesture.  After a point she turned her head in shame, half muttering to herself, "I did it again, didn't I?  I don't know why the Princess brings me along on these things.  Well, I know since it's for times when things go wrong I can summon help but...I just... *sigh* ...sorry to be so much trouble.  You can cut me down now if you need to."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:31 pm

"Muse, I just had enough volts of electricity running through my body knock Kegs unconscious, and I didn't burn anything to the ground. Nothing you could do right now could possibly bother me. Here, have a butterfly, and don't think badly of yourself. It's bad for your health." Grease says, releasing his clockwork creation. It flys over, glittering in the sunlight, and lands on Muse's nose. Deciding that vines that are thick enough to restrain a gryphon are probably too tough for a diminuitive dragon to cut through, Grease begins the process of delicately untangling Muse. "Don't worry, I read a book on knot theory once, I should be able to untangle you."

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:47 pm

After a fair bit of work, Grease finally managed to get Muse untangled. "So...I guess we head back now?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:10 pm

"I suppose so, but first I'm going to say something. And I'm probably going to say it wrong, so then I'm going to rephrase it and say it again." Grease say, sighing and wrinkling his brow. "Cowards live? That's an awful thing to say," he mutters. A spark passes between his eye brows, and he clicks two claws together. "Here we are. Having someone who flees is a good thing. First, you are our best bet at finding the princess, with your telepathic abilities. It is extremely helpful to everyone if you stay alive. Second, we can probably handle ourselves, but it comforts me to know that there will be someone on the team who can swiftly leave to call for help or carry a message. Heavens know you're fast enough. So the only thing I ask of you is that you remain a touch more...rational, next time you exit the scene. And that if there's anything the least bit entertaining about the story leading up to almost getting eaten by a fire giant, you have to tell me about it some time." Grease turns and starts walking back down the "trail." "Now then, let's see if they've managed to get any information out of that last assailant."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Field walks over to the restrained earth pony looks him directly in the eye and gives a confident smile. "Now that was a fine little warm-up. I must ask you if you are willing to tell us why you decided to attack us? If you wish to know we are a rescue team sent out to find a lost pony. " Field keeps to his usual calm conversational tone.

Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:15 pm

The captive nervously fidgeted a bit before answering the Professor's question.  "We...we were just here for the bird!  She ran off and we we were sent to catch her.  We thought you were just sort of assistants to the princess not some sort of...with the fire giants...and whatever the dragon did...and just who are you anyway?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:19 pm

"We are merely... a group that was brought together to recover certain objects that belong in museums. Now you are going to take us where you were to bring the griffon it would be the best course of action for you. Do you understand?"

Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Upon hearing Grease's comments about the prior encounter with a fire giant, Muse grew silent. "I'd...rather not talk about it.  Silver Swirl saved my life...but she wound up in the hospital for a while. *sigh* Here, let me carry you.  Flying will be much faster than walking and I know how to keep low."

Meanwhile, back near the lake the captive nodded in agreement with Professor Fields' request.  After getting the other assailants secured, Muse and Grease met to regroup.  Muse, while trying to keep her distance from Gearick asked, "What do we do now?  Not sure how much time is left."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next