Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 34 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  ZamuelNow Tue May 06, 2014 11:23 pm

"Pressure plates are rigged to nets from the ceiling. The corridor with the spike pit has a directly rigged pedestal. It's connected to a hammer on a pendulum. It's also the only thing that didn't deactivate in the presence of the Princess."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 34 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed May 07, 2014 3:41 pm

"You better not drop me." Gearick said seriously as he relunctantly and a little awkwardly climbed up onto Hector's back. Despite the hippogriff's size, the unicorn was unsure that he would be able to carry them both effectively, let alone more than one. Though it was good to see that only he had to be carried, the others managed to make it across with no difficulty.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed May 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Seeing the unicorn was seated, Hector shifted around slightly to get a feel for the weight and make sure Gearick was holding on. He brought hinself down into a classic pounce position. "Hang on to your knickers," he said at the last moment...

With that, he launched himself into the air from the back legs, opening his wings once he was off the ground. A single, powerful flap flung them across the water wall, bypassing the pressure plates and landing neatly beside the rest of the party.

Endurance:

Hector smirked slightly as he glanced back. "This is your captain speaking, thank you for flying Air Hippogriff. We have arrived at our destination. Now..." he said, listening to the proposed plan to get past the trip wires. "I think I can do that if we have to. I wonder though, we also have three magicians here. Can't one of you just... Magic it away? Somehow?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed May 07, 2014 5:51 pm

"This thing is so calamitously powerful we're not even supposed to touch it." Grease says. "Put sure, we can poke it with our minds and see what happens."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed May 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Gearick ignored the hippogrif's rather silly comments as he climbed off his back, happy to get his hoofs back on the ground. Listening in on the coversastion, the unicorn spoke up, saying. "Picking it up directly with magic might be silly, but we can 'magic it' via the tongs can we not?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed May 07, 2014 6:00 pm

"I...never thought of that. Silver Swirl tends to be so hooves on that there's a lot of times she doesn't use her magic."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Thu May 08, 2014 4:01 am

"Wait for me!" Stout shots as he begins his transformation into an owl.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 am

"Well as long as we can see the golden horseshoes, I should be able to pick it up with the tongs. Its not like its going to be any different than holding the tongs with your hooves." Gearick said looking down corridor.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri May 09, 2014 11:56 am

Hector flexed his claws without thinking. "I still don't get how you full-bloods use something like that with hooves," he pointed out. "Doesn't matter right now, I guess."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri May 09, 2014 3:53 pm

"If you think you can do it, then try it, Gearick. Muse, how exactly do we get back after collecting the horseshoe?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri May 09, 2014 10:46 pm

"One of two ways. Either go back the way we came or finish the loop. The corridors are sort of shaped like leaves from a clover. Going the other way puts you at the same exit as going back. It...hurts my head when I try to think about it."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat May 10, 2014 1:25 am

Stout, I'm not sure if I can speak as an Owl, so tell them to mark the enterance we come out of. That way we know which one it is.

"Um...this is new."

[U]"I'll explain later."
[/i]

"Stout says to mark the entrance we come out of."

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon May 12, 2014 11:33 am

"Its not that hard, I say we simply collect the horseshoe than back-track." Gearick said as he tried to take the tongs with his telekinesis, making sure that once he had it, he would readjust his grip so he was only holding onto the end of it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat May 17, 2014 1:12 am

"I could just use my telepathy to hold the tongs and help sabilize it so we dont drop it." Tree says.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 17, 2014 7:40 am

"That won't be necessary." Gearick said with a shake off his head, before focusing on the golden horseshoe down the hallway, carefully moving the tongs over to it - making sure not to trigger any of the traps between it and them - than picked it up and had the tongs float back over to them.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat May 17, 2014 11:37 pm

The golden horseshoe silently hummed with power. Even those without magical attunement could feel mildly empowered by its presence. Muse quickly stuck it in the satchel. "Well, so much for the easy part. Three more to go."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat May 17, 2014 11:48 pm

"So these three doors begin with Lava, a magic net, and a spike pit, right? I'd say the lava will be the most straightforward to deal with, pending the answer to a question: What happens if I cut the net with these claws?" Grease asks, wiggling his digits.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 18, 2014 12:31 am

"The net doesn't do anything if it doesn't detect certain kinds of magic. I think Turquoise Tree is the only one with anything to worry about."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun May 18, 2014 12:34 am

"I expect better from a deathtrap designer. Did they at least put something next to or near the net to encourage teleportation?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 18, 2014 5:57 pm

"Other than the other rooms, not really. I think it's more meant to catch habits since some will attempt to teleport or phase no matter what. Besides, this would probably be a lot harder if I hadn't already seen a lot of it."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun May 18, 2014 6:59 pm

"Fair enough. Judging from our current track record, somebody would probably catch the net out of the corner of their eye and then we'd inspect it thoroughly and plan endlessly, before just walking through it. Let's skip to the end of that sequence." Grease replies, walking through the door Muse had indicated earlier.

OOC:

Last edited by sunbeam on Sun May 18, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 18, 2014 7:41 pm

"I think the guards are waking up.  You'll have to do the next one without me."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun May 18, 2014 9:08 pm

OOC:

Grease strolls through the door and wriggles his way through an opening in the net. As he continues forward, he hears a creaking sound and looks up to see a giant ball of spikes flying right for him! He tries to jump out of the way, but the ball glances across the back of his head with a sound like metal on glass, taking a chip out of one of his spines. Knocked to the floor by the impact, Grease crawls forwards frantically until he notices that he's become surrounded by mist. He cautiously stands up, notes that the spiked balls are completely behind him, and feels the back of his head, grimacing as his claws scratch over the rough point where his spine was shattered. His tongue flicks out, tasting the droplets around him. His eyes narrow and he shouts back to the group "I'm okay! I don't think anyone else should come through here! I'm currently standing in a field of gassified oil, which means there's fire somewhere ahead! If I'm not back in 90 seconds, I'm probably unconscious!"

Grease gets down on all fours and makes his way forward, prowling more than crawling. As he exits the mist, he balances himself, pressing his weight on his hind legs, then continues forward, low to the ground. Fireballs fly over him, and he grins as he's proven right. Waves of heat pass over Grease, but he searches for any fireball release mechanism low enough to ignite him. Eventually, he spots one and leaps forward releasing the tension he had been keeping in his back legs, and he shoots forward with speed, ducking under another low-flying fireball and skidding to stop to avoid a third and a fourth, released in unison so that they couldn't be jumped over. "I guess they did have someone my size in mind when they built this." Grease mutters, continuing past the last few volleys of fireballs more cautiously. He pauses before the pedestal to catch his breath, looks up at a structure about half again as tall as him, and starts rummaging through his gearbox. He produces a pair of heavy welding gloves, a pair of rubber gloves, and a ring clamp*, then puts on both pairs of gloves and tests his ability to work the ring clamp's opening and closing mechanism with fingers roughly the size of sausages. He runs his tongue along the back of his teeth, finds the right tooth, and flicks a small blue-black disk out of his mouth and onto the floor. "Gamma, please." He says, in a surprisingly polite tone.

The disk starts to expanding, unfolding itself repeatedly, then folding back in, forming joints, wheels, and eventually a smooth purple exterior. A very strange object lies on the ground: One end is shaped oddly like a rhinoceros' horn, with two curved points. In the middle was a cockpit, built for a smaller than average creature, and at the other end was a cyclindrical opening reminiscent of of a rocket's flame exhaust apparatus, spiked with several tailfins for stability. Grease climbed up one of these tailfins to reach the top of the pedestal, opens the ring clamp, and scoops up the horseshoe, locking it in place, before hopping down into the cockpit. He settles his head into headrest and sparks arc between his spines and the interface. A purple panel slides over the cockpit, and a pair of eyes open behind the rhinoceros horn.

In the cockpit, Grease stares intently at the picture that shimmers into place in front of him, displaying the corridor he just passed through. He blinks a few times, and with a mental command and a crackle of electricity the complete Rhincerocket rises into the air, hovering stably 3 feet off the ground. Grease smiles, and says aloud "what's the point of fancy technology if you can't show it off?" and the rhinocerocket rises to just under the ceiling of the corridor. "That's better." Grease says, and with another mental command, the Rhinocerocket fires up and shoots forward, leaving a thin trail of shimmer heat in behind it as exhaust. It flies through the oil field faster than it's fire, leaving a wall of flames behind it without a speck of soot, then crashes through the chains that hold up the spike balls, breaking them against the curved surface of rhinoceros horn. Grease laughs, pulling into a steep dive, then levels out to shoot through the door, immediately pulling up again to avoid hitting anyone. He opens the cockpit and climbs back onto one of the tail fins, still holding the Golden Horseshoe. "This is the Rhinocerocket!" he calls down as he releases the ring clam and drops the horseshoe, taking care not to let it fall too close to anyone who might get hit. He drops his gloves down after the horseshoe and adds "I'd probably activate the trapped pedestal if I went into the spike room, so I'm going to see what's in the lava room" as he climbs back into the cockpit. The Rhinocerocket gently floats down to about ground level and rotates until it is facing the proper door, then fires up and shoots forward, bursting through.

OOC:

Last edited by sunbeam on Mon May 19, 2014 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon May 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Gearick listened in on the conversation between Muse and Grease, thinking of how they might get past the next trails and traps of the room. When Grease said they would spend too much time planning, he scowled, saying. “We do not spend that much time planning!” Of course, by the time he said this, Grease was already off into the next section.

The unicorn moved to follow, only for Grease to shout back that there was a fire up-ahead, so they shouldn’t follow. Biting back an angry retort, Gearick stepped back as requested, allowing Grease to try the room himself... and he managed to come-back within the 90 seconds, now with some type of rocket. Gearick had no intention of just letting Grease do one of the sections by himself again and as the rocket began to lift up into the air, focused his magic quickly grab hold of it and push it back down, giving it no time to spin around and power into the lava-room.

Arcana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon May 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Grease's eyes snap open as the rhinocerocket's tail fin gets jerked down, and he hurries to stabilize the rocket, which was in danger of responding to the telekinesis with a sharp upward curve into the ceiling. He reopens the cockpit and glares down at Gearick. "First off, never do that again. The back of the Rhinocerocket is very easy to destabilize, because of the multiunidirection propulsion system. Knock on the hull or something, but don't yank at it. Second, unlike most of my inventions, this has a very limited fuel supply. What do you need?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next