Allele Science Laboratories IC

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:45 am

It has been getting awfully quiet in the lab for a while now. At least, for those who are awake. Thirteen, you have only gotten three pieces of fresh food in the past week, as opposed to the normal one a day. A, Su, and Ra, no specimens have been moved from your floor in the same amount of time, while between one and three were claimed per hour the day before it quieted down. As the eighth day approaches, the power shuts down. A few minutes later, ermengcy power starts up, bathing the lab in a dull, orange light. With a hiss that can be heard throughout the complex, all the cryogenic chambers begin to power down.

Ramsus and Tyger:
As the two (or four) awake characters, reactions to the events.
Paper, Cardbo, and Spark:
Endurance rolls please.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:46 am

(Endurance Roll: 11 (Roll) + 5 (Bonus) = 16)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3666
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Still mad about the eyes.

Post  SparkImpulse on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:02 am

rolled a 12, added 7, got a 19.

Am I awake yet? I love you
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 41
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:17 am

OOC:Endurance Roll
Roll(1d20)+6:
6,+6
Total:12
Thats probably not good.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:45 am

Thirteen leaves her room, not sure what's going on and goes in search for her maker, Asura, or something to eat.

Streetwise:

8 + 13 (lol, first roll of the game) = 21


Last edited by Ramsus on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:47 am

Spark and Cranial groggily come to, the world a little blurry. Spark's body is still numb, making movement a little difficult. The Marrow King, however, is in worse shape. The world is spinning, and it feels like his brain, or whatever he uses in place of a brain, is spinning as well.
Spoiler:
Spark and Cranial suffer -3 to all skills except brawn in the case of Cranial (mech). Marrow suffers -5 to all skills.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:53 am

Marrow literally pours out of his cryogenic chambers, landing in a sticky pile of goo, that lurches about without much direction.  He mutters, mostly to himself "Was once a pony.."

This was where I got the idea:

avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:01 am

Thirteen manages to find the guard room on the floor, but is unsure if the dragons are in there. (Depending on Tyger.)
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

did anybody get the plate off that pony-cart?

Post  SparkImpulse on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:15 am

coordination requires feeling. So does compassion, Spark thinks silently to himself. He manages to stand after about the third try, finally remembering how to balance on cloven hooves at the end of spindly legs he wasn't born to.

The memories start returning. Opening his eyes, he sees the scars, now familiar, on his red-striped legs.

Trying to hover in the pegasus fashion but finding himself still too numb, he gives up and blinks away the frost from his eyes. The lab fight scene returns now. His eyes.

Spark decides he's not ready to see into any reflective surface yet. Instead he picks a random direction in the belief it's a doorway, and goes in search of coffee. Also, the good doctor. Spark needed to strangle him. Or whatever it was winged zebamas did.

coffee?:

Streetwise, 10; roll of 10, penalty of -3
17 to find coffee. Or the good doctor. Or some experiment that needs strangling. Right now? Don't care which.
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 41
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:49 am

Spark is unable to find coffee, but does find many experiments. Many of them are on the ground, a mess as they try to regain conciousness. There is a green pony muttering to himself, a diamond dog with the lower legs of a blue dragon and the horns of a minotaur, and others. There is also a mass of green tentacles that you can't tell if it's up or not. Of the for sure standing ones, there is a griffon with a manticore's tail and it's brain under a glass dome, and a donkey with four wings, one pair pegasus in origin, the other dragon.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 am

Colter Bolt wrote:Thirteen manages to find the guard room on the floor, but is unsure if the dragons are in there. (Depending on Tyger.)
The Dragons practically jump right onto Thirteen. "What's happening? What's happening? What's happening? Don't you know?" Su the yellow head says almost screaming becoming visibly more frantic with each word. "Please calm down !"Green head A says trying to get Su under some semblance of control. Eventually Ra the red sister chimes in almost ignoring the other two and instead focusing on Thirteen "So? Leaving?"


Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  SparkImpulse on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:46 am

Colter Bolt wrote:Spark is unable to find coffee, but does find many experiments.
History check, to rattle my brain? As the doctor's sulky assistant I probably recognize these guys. I don't care about them right now but are any of them dangerous or need special handling?
"don't mess with him today he's ... grouchy" I mutter to myself reflexively.
that's trouble:
of course, I rolled a 9, adding 6-3 for a 12. Obviously my brain is still real fuzzy. On the other hand, do I hear ASuRa? perception, 15+(10 or 7)-3 for 22, or 19, depending on if they've changed "eagle eye" 's definition.
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 41
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Thirteen rolls her eyes at Su's panicking and replies to Ra, "Leaving to where? I just wanted to find some food. Or the maker to ask why I haven't been getting much food."


Last edited by Ramsus on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Marrow unsteadily makes his way over to where Spark Impulse getting uncorfortably close to him and says in a conspiratorial tone.  "I was once a pony.  We wanted to save the world!  Our hopes were bright and we were so full of ourselves, I don't know how we simply didn't burst out of skins.  Now all is lost..."  He sinks back into himself, continually muttering about science! or somesuch.


Last edited by Cardbo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Cranial Crack, still groggy from the frozen sleep, tries to inspect the room around him...

(Perception Roll: 5 (Roll) + 8 (Bonus) - 3 (Penalty) = 10)

Unable to make out most features of what is happening, he begins to use his magic to conjure up a harmless magical light in front of him to brighten up the room...

(Magical Tricks (It says I can make a lightshow, but I'm just gonna settle with just a plain normal light))

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3666
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:28 pm

SparkImpulse wrote:
Spoiler:
of course, I rolled a 9, adding 6-3 for a 12. Obviously my brain is still real fuzzy. On the other hand, do I hear ASuRa? perception, 15+(10 or 7)-3 for 22, or 19, depending on if they've changed "eagle eye" 's definition.
You don't recognize any of the experiments, though the slimey one seems to be a scientist, or was at one point. From down the hall you can hear voices shouting, but can't make out what they are saying.

Paper Shadow wrote:Cranial Crack, still groggy from the frozen sleep, tries to inspect the room around him...

(Perception Roll: 5 (Roll) + 8 (Bonus) - 3 (Penalty) = 10)

Unable to make out most features of what is happening, he begins to use his magic to conjure up a harmless magical light in front of him to brighten up the room...

(Magical Tricks (It says I can make a lightshow, but I'm just gonna settle with just a plain normal light))
You see a hall lined with cylindrical chambers, all of them open. A donkey with wings covers his eyes as you summon the light before running down the hall, opposite the way Spark hears the voices.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I'm assuming I'm about half-way between Marrow & Crack?

Post  SparkImpulse on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:58 pm

To the donkey I shout "Hey, you can't go that way! You'll get all busted up!"

Turning back to the talking goo, I conspiratorially add "I don't think it matters which way he goes; the doc busts all his toys."

Marrow wrote:I was once a pony.
"You too, huh? Pretty sure I was a pony." Sparky finds a nearby item of detritus, like a forgotten test tube, and levitates it. Investigating the item balefully, he says "Been a while though. Now I ain't so sure about stuff."

Dropping the forgotten test tube, Sparky turns back to the slowly reforming pile of goo. "Hey, you know where they keep the coffee? I bet that shouting is over half-calf vs. full decaf. Maybe we should check it out or something?"
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 41
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:30 am

SparkImpulse wrote:To the donkey I shout "Hey, you can't go that way! You'll get all busted up!"

Turning back to the talking goo, I conspiratorially add "I don't think it matters which way he goes; the doc busts all his toys."

Marrow wrote:I was once a pony.
"You too, huh? Pretty sure I was a pony." Sparky finds a nearby item of detritus, like a forgotten test tube, and levitates it. Investigating the item balefully, he says "Been a while though. Now I ain't so sure about stuff."

Dropping the forgotten test tube, Sparky turns back to the slowly reforming pile of goo. "Hey, you know where they keep the coffee? I bet that shouting is over half-calf vs. full decaf. Maybe we should check it out or something?"
The slime pony stops muttering for a moment  and then a pseudopod cautiously extends itself in Spark's direction, tapping him twice.  "Huh!  You're real.  Thought you were one of my hallucinations, like all the others."  He waves a pseudopod gesturing to the rest of the experiments present. "Right.  Coffee.  Probably the break room.  Thats over...there, I think" gesturing in a semi-random direction.  "Or was it there?"  gesturing in another direction.

OOC:Streetwise to find the break room.
Roll(1d20)+3:
9,+3
Total:12

"I'm pretty sure I once knew my way around here."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:54 am

Cardbo wrote:
OOC:Streetwise to find the break room.
Roll(1d20)+3:
9,+3
Total:12
You can't remember where the break room is exactly, but you do remember that it is not on a floor with cryo-chambers.
avatar
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 896
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:00 am

"Well, anyway, I'm pretty sure the break room is on another floor."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:16 am

Ramsus wrote:Thirteen rolls her eyes at Su's panicking and replies to Ra, "Leaving to where? I just wanted to find some food. Or the maker to ask why I haven't been getting much food."
"Leaving here for the outside world. Isn't it clear that they have abandoned this place? Also there is certainly something you would like to eat up there.   As Ra says this A finishes getting Su under control and turns her focus onto Thirteen "Ooo those lab coat ponies all are from and go to the outside we could find the one you are looking for and talk to him."
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:51 am

Cranial Crack tries to get a grasp on what is going on while his internal circuits begin warming up his brain, still cold and a bit slow from the cryogenic sleep...

(Arcana Check (Mechanical Heal): 2 (Roll) + 18 (Bonus) - 3 (Penalty) = 17)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3666
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 pm

"Well, if there's food, sure. I'll go. Can we stop for some changeling if we spot any?" Thirteen replies enthusiastically.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:59 pm

"If we find some you can have as much as you like." Ra pragmatically responds however the moment she finishes Su buts into the conversation. "Wait just a second. As much as I like fighting stuff I kinda don't like the odds of just us against well whatever we find. So should we like recruit some of the experiments that can actually fight and do stuff?"
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  SparkImpulse on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Well, anyway, I'm pretty sure the break room is on another floor."
"So, stairs. You're about as fuzzy as I am. I hear voices, lets head to the voices."
Spark starts off, but after a step turns back to the goo-pony. "Hey can you walk? I'd carry you but I don't have a bucket. Find me a bucket or find some legs cuz I'm lookin for stairs. Then coffee."
Spark attempts to levitate Marrow, finds he weighs more than 50lbs, and releases his magic with a loud 'pop'. With one ear pinned and the opposite eyebrow raised, Spark asks "I aint gonna need to carry you, am I? You look like you'd drip offa me."
avatar
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 41
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum