Lapis-Lazily's Art Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lapis-Lazily's Art Thread

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 am

Requests temporarily closed while I work on the current requests

Hi! I'm Lapis-Laziy, and I make pony vectors. No, I don't make the kind of vectors where I trace screen caps from the show for super accurate show style, I make my own sketches, in gimp or on paper, and vector them. Lately though, I've been in a bit of a rut and have been lacking inspiration, so I figured I'd see if anyone wanted me to do their character. I'll do full character shots or avatars. If you want me to do one for you, just post a request in this thread describing your pony (reference picture appreciated if you've got one) and detailing the posing/expression you want. Also tell me whether you want a full pony or a portrait avatar. I won't really do backgrounds, but I can do a simple gradient backdrop that complements your pony's color scheme.

Here are some examples of stuff I've done.

My Avatar

Awkward Con Buddies:
Nonsense joke with a friend I met up with at Everfree NW
Screamie Belle:
Angry Scootaloo:
Bionic Lyra (As stupid as it sounds):
Completed Requests:

(Note: I am not very experienced at drawing the non-pony races of Equestria. If your character is not a pony, I will still do my best to deliver a good quality vector. However, I can't promise it will be up to the standard of my usual work. Sorry.)

Edit: From now on I will be taking five requests at a time, then accepting more when I finish those five. I'm also limiting requests to one pony per person.

Last edited by Lapis-Lazily on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 am; edited 5 times in total

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lapis-Lazily's Art Thread

Post  Mind Gamer on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:20 am

Uhh... Hi Lapis. Remember me? The weird new guy who was there to welcome ya back?

Well, time to heap unneeded work on you make a request, if you're willing to oblige.

I've got two characters made up, Ritornello the Earth Pony, and Melisma the Pegasus. Ritornello is the big brother of the pair by more than a few years... And essentially raised Melisma from her youngest days. Which, given Ritornello spent most of his teenage life on the road and in adventure, included lots of running from enemies to keep little Melisma safe.

Things have changed recently, though. Melisma has learned enough from Ritornello to strike out on her own, while their differing ideologies keep them from working too closely anymore. Still, even as Melisma blossoms into a proper filly in her own right, (as she is now in her first roleplay, Explorers of S.T.O.M.P.) she does miss her big bro. So yeah, hoping that enough characterization to help you not see them as a bunch of stats. (Oh yeah, and Ritornello's cape in his picture used to be a full cape. He ripped a good piece off to give to his little sis.)

As for description... Well, hoping the images speak for themselves. I'm not much of an artist, (or one at all, really...) so I tried my hand at Pony Creator instead. I made sure they had the same general colour scheme, with a few differences here and there. I ended up giving Ritornello a Core Drill for a Cutie Mark, while Melisma has yet to actually get hers... Which still burns her up and drives her to push forward.

So now the actual request. I have an image in my head of a teenage Ritornello walking onward with a tuckered out, adorable little filly Melisma (minus the glasses) clutching onto his back. That's the kind of thing I'd love to see actually made of them, honestly.

If that sounds like too much work though, or too vague, I'd be more than satisfied with a more simple image of Melisma to the side on her own with a smile, something I can use for her character sheet.

And if THAT sounds like too much work or you just plain don't feel like it, I thank you for your time and appreciate listening to my request. G'night!
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ah ... hmm?

Post  SparkImpulse on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:22 am

Never been lucky enough to get art done of anything that was my character.

I write fan-fiction, so all the "NPC"s are effectively my OCs, but I don't usually identify with them (although Spark Impulse necessarily got conscripted into the role -- he's just a standard pegasus royal guard but he's very light hearted, good natured, and not generally very serious about anything except of course his job, as needed).

The main OC I've tried to get art done of before, was, (this should surprise no one) an alicorn. Accidental alicorn, he was actually a possessed dead sergal who cast enough magic that he had a split second to either elevate himself to godhood, or be evaporated by Equestria itself. If I were to make a request, it would be this character. Jack, during his time as prince, whose description resembled the following quote from my first "published" fan-fic piece, "War of Another World's Conquest":

Tall as the princesses he was a slate gray,
with obsidian hooves and sandy colored mane & tail
but his wings were the white of polished marble.

Since his regency was "the rocks beneath your feet" his cutie mark was a pile of rocks with a golden ring around it.

BUT If you wanted something less (no, wait. more)strange, you could consider my character from the campaign I just started playing in ... Also called Spark Impulse he's ... ah. Yeah.

Llama legs (like the in-show buffalo, essentially) red zebra skin with frankenstein scars where the zebra skin was attached, a nearly-hidden horn under his forelock, white pegasus wings, and green changeling-style eyes.

So, there you are ... three characters to consider and respond to as you will. Have I sufficiently dislodged your artists' block yet? If you do one of these, I'd love to see the results, of course!
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:36 am

I'd appreciate Snipe the sniper colt if you want.

Spoiler:

I'd really like it if you can make him look extremely stern and stoic.... while doing something adorable like sipping a milkshake or something.

Also, Lapis: Might want to limit yourself to 1 pony/person at a time since people seem to want to give you quite a bit to do.
Oh, and full character please *pinkie smile*

V Agreed.

Last edited by LoganAura on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.

Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:37 am

What are you talking about, Bionic Lyra is AWESOME! Both in idea, and the art you've made. XD
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:54 pm

I have to say, I rather dig the funky-looking art-style. I've got a few characters you could do, if you are willing. Very Happy 

One is Tatter Hide, the Batpony ranked assassin.
Pony Creator picture:
About her (and her pet/companion):
- She's an avid gambler and part of a troupe of ranked assassins (No More Heroes styled campaign).
- She always dresses in snappy, dapper looking "gambling queen" clothing, tailored for a winged pony of course, and a bit of personal "batpony" touches (bat-like cloak and such).
- Her personality is a mixture of "gambler" (hedonism, play-mare, gambling, slouching, wine-sipping) and "electric" - that is to say, overly enthusiastic about lightning in any form (she dips batteries into drinks, rests on lighting-cloud furniture, licks power sockets, and is perfectly willing to bathe in a jacuzzi that is currently being electrified, which is okay for her cause she's immune to lightning), and capable of employing it / generating it at will.
- Her gold horseshoes aren't just for decoration - as an (over-the-top) assassin, her weapon of choice are electrified hoof-blades (the picture pretty much sums up what she's like when fighting), designed for cutting, stabbing, electrifying, and making perfect waffles.
- Her mane and tail probably have a "shocked" appearance to it, and she's often got a "giddy" appearance to her.
- Accompanying this (mildly psychotic) assassin is Chips, an "ordinary" cat that popped into existence from a random 1d100 effect and landed into her hooves, that she adopted as a companion.
- In normal circumstances, Chips is an ordinary Orange Tabby cat, identical in color to Tatter's orange-yellow mane colors.
- What is special about Chips, however, is that he is capable of shape-shifting into the form of a Sphinx-Pony (a griffon/hippogriff-like creature, part cat/lion, part pony). Chips behaves exactly as you'd expect a cat to behave, in both forms, and is adorable / huggable. Due to Tatter's "electric" traits, he was given a form of "lightning protection" (cat clothing?) to allow for non-fatal hugs and petting.

The request:
If it would be possible, I'd like a picture of her relaxing by bathing in a jacuzzi tub that is obviously electrified (plugged power cord in the water or something), as well as "Chips" near to the jacuzzi, playing/gnawing on a similarly-sized ball of yarn (either in cat of sphinx-pony form).

As you can guess, both are inspired by Equestria-Prevails's art.

Or if you feel like doing something simple (to draw, at least), you could try drawing my current avatar - Shallow Vibe, the Zebra gravedigger.
Pony Creator picture:
About him:
- He is a character of a One Piece pony campaign. Whilst he is known as a pirate due to pissing off World Government (the destruction of an island fortress was involved), his actual trade is that of a gravedigger and funerary expert, a job he takes great pride and responsibility in. It is also represented in his tribal-styled cutie mark.
- Despite his grim profession, he is extremely friendly and trusting of any individual, and goes out of his way to make new ones - a philanthropist in the extreme, and a well of knowledge, wisdom over grief, and emotional support (knowledge gained from his own experiences in youth and his grim profession). He is almost always grinning in an earnest fashion.
- He is rather pacifistic and prefers to talk rather than fight when he can and draws a line at undeserved violence or murder, but he is more than willing to put anyone antagonizing him, or his friends, through a chain of humiliating, demoralizing, pride-crushing events (for instance, burying them up to the neck in dirt)... for their own benefit of character growth and improvement, of course.
- Due to ingesting a Devil Fruit, he is capable of treating the earth the same way as most creatures treat water, allowing him to "sink" into it, and tunnel/move/swim/run through it with utmost ease, as well as dig tunnels and holes alone (armed only with an ordinary gravedigger's shovel), faster than a an army could, with machines.
- The other curiosity around him is that he is well versed in the art of Voodoo (taught by his now-deceased parents), which is both a blessing and a curse. As such, he speaks in a Jamaican accent ('ello pon'!") and carries a pouch of "voodoo ingredients".
- Voodoo is his blessing for it allows him to perform minor magical mundanities (such as rain-dances), allows him to gather and grow some healthy veggies, brew up some fine cookings etc...
- Voodoo is also his curse, for it causes him to be aware of spirits of the deceased, which he can't ignore - both out of his own principles of helping those in need, and because spirits tend to be stubborn annoying gits at times) and occasionally give him trouble.
- Much like the character before him, Shallow Vibe also has a cat (which coincidentally enough, was also spawned from a 1d00 effect and adopted). It's a snow-white kitten (White Persian), called Whisper Lilly. Now, this would be an ordinary cat in most regards, except for the glaring detail that is has no mouth - it's an empathic creature, that somehow feeds off of negative emotions (sadness, despair, grief) of creatures near it (causing said creature's moods to actually improve). But other than the missing mouth, it is a completely ordinary kitten - and adorable to boot, in its own weird way.

Ze request:
For the request, I'd like a picture of Shallow Vibe, holding his kitten up to the face of a extremely frustrated, angry-looking brute (your choice) and letting it "boop his nose" (or otherwise play with his face). The angry brute is angry because he happens to be buried up to his neck in dirt and is helpless.

Note: If the requests aren't to your liking or preference, you can do whatever you think appropriate/fitting with any of them as well. Smile
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:13 pm

LoganAura wrote:Also, Lapis: Might want to limit yourself to 1 pony/person at a time since people seem to want to give you quite a bit to do.
And about a 5-pony queue, or something. Post when you're full up, let us know when you'll consider more submissions, and for our sake let us know when you're bored of us ... its completely appropriate to have a cut-off point. Folks would, I'd wager, rather realize they missed their chance, than spend a month thinking "its finally happening!" only to slowly realize that the tragedy of the commons has overtaken them, and they'll never see their OC realized in bright, glorious recycled photons.

As to my submissions ... The middle one is my first preference, but this is also about you ... do whichever one ignites your brain and launches your software.
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Hey, throwing something onto the pile for when you feel like a 'whatever' sketch:

The modern pegasus shuffles socks on clouds to charge them with lightning. However, in ancient times, before the development of socks, they instead charged up stormclouds by rolling around on them.
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Oh my, I'm getting quite a few responses. I'm going to try to answer all of you in one post. Here I go.

Mind Gamer wrote:So now the actual request. I have an image in my head of a teenage Ritornello walking onward with a tuckered out, adorable little filly Melisma (minus the glasses) clutching onto his back. That's the kind of thing I'd love to see actually made of them, honestly.
I think I can do this. I was going to try to only do one pony per person for now, but since I didn't make that quite clear and I like your idea, I'm going to go ahead and draw this.

SparkImpulse wrote:Tall as the princesses he was a slate gray,
with obsidian hooves and sandy colored mane & tail
but his wings were the white of polished marble.
I can do this. Request accepted.

LoganAura wrote:I'd really like it if you can make him look extremely stern and stoic.... while doing something adorable like sipping a milkshake or something.
I have this image in my head of your pony wearing sunglasses and standing firm in front of a huge explosion (just an explosion, not doing full backgrounds on these for efficiency's sake) while sipping a milkshake and having an otherwise blank expression. What do you think?

Zarhon wrote:If it would be possible, I'd like a picture of her relaxing by bathing in a jacuzzi tub that is obviously electrified (plugged power cord in the water or something), as well as "Chips" near to the jacuzzi, playing/gnawing on a similarly-sized ball of yarn (either in cat of sphinx-pony form).
Well... I'm not really doing backgrounds on these so I don't think I could really do your full request, but I can draw your character and her cat together, and have the cat playing with yarn. Is this acceptable?

Xel Unknown wrote:What are you talking about, Bionic Lyra is AWESOME! Both in idea, and the art you've made. XD
Thank you! Your compliment is much appreciated.

Pingcode wrote:The modern pegasus shuffles socks on clouds to charge them with lightning. However, in ancient times, before the development of socks, they instead charged up stormclouds by rolling around on them.
That has the potential to look hilarious. I might draw it when I finish these requests.

And with that, I'm going to close requests for now, at least until I finish these first four. I'm also going to take SparkImpulse's suggestion to have a 5 request queue from now on. This round will only be four because some people requested multiple character's in one image, so I'm drawing 5 ponies and a cat. Expect it to take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month for me to finish all of these, depending on how much time I have. Thanks everybody! Very Happy

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Well... I'm not really doing backgrounds on these so I don't think I could really do your full request, but I can draw your character and her cat together, and have the cat playing with yarn. Is this acceptable?
Sure. Very Happy Maybe have her do something comedic as well? Like misuse her hoof-blades for something silly (as a fork)?

Last edited by Zarhon on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Holy buck that sounds awesome!

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Counting my lucky stars you were generous enough to consider my request... No matter what you decide to do, thank you for the effort. Thank you very, very much.
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 pm

What he said ^

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Mind Gamer wrote:Counting my lucky stars you were generous enough to consider my request... No matter what you decide to do, thank you for the effort. Thank you very, very much.
My pleasure. I needed ideas, you guys gave me some. I'm really the one who should do the thanking.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Then thank yous all around. Now to settle in comfortably and wish you good luck, and good art!
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:07 am

Hey Mind Gamer, can I get a picture of Ritornello's Cutie Mark? It's pretty obscured in the reference.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:12 am

Will do.
Core Drill:

The mark itself would be the actual drill part of the drill in the center of the image. ...Yes, it's horribly unoriginal. Couldn't really think of anything besides a drill to represent a will to break through one's reality. ...Not literally, exactly, but in a metaphorical sense.
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:38 am

Mind Gamer, your request is complete! On to the next!

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:46 am

ALL OF MY FEELS. IS SO CUTE. IS SO GOOOOOOOOD.
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:48 am

Glad you like it! Very Happy 

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:02 am

So next up is the Alicorn Prince, eh? Good luck to ya!
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:04 am

Thanks!

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

very nice work.

Post  SparkImpulse on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:14 am

So, I never mentioned his eyes, or how I'd wanted him posed ... open to suggestions, but in the novel I pointed out he had "piercing yellow eyes" a few times. So, yellow I guess. Also open to hues of red. But I think he should be smirking.

I wanted, for the edification of all who wonder why'd I'd be so pleased at yet another alicorn, to paste the transformation sequence ... since I knew Jack was a self-insert I never wrote anything from his perspective ... the story followed various of the mane six, or in the last chapter Princess Celestia.

Jack has just apologized to the princesses, and RD doesn't know why yet. He starts out as a sergal, in this sequence.

Dash didn't see the sudden change of expression, as the fearsome toothy maw gained an impish grin. She only half heard as he said "I have new spells granted my new status!"

She did however hear when Celestia started to say "Oh good gr" and turned, blocking both her eyes with her hoof. Luna had summoned a darkness about her.

All Dash did, was close her eyes. She was blinded.

When the pain of standing next to the sun itself (or so it seemed to her) had passed she looked again. Now Luna was facehoofing, as Jack was missing, of a sort.

There stood before the assembled crowd, an alicorn. Tall as the princesses he was a slate gray, with obsidian hooves and sandy colored mane & tail but his wings were the white of polished marble. His cutie mark was probably a mountain, tho it looked from here like a few pebbles, and surrounded by a golden ring. His voice no longer the washboard gravelly sound but clear as a yodeller's and resonant with a joy of life, Jack spoke.

"We pony now."

"Yes, prince. I can see that."

So, Jack should be smirking. He pony, now.
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:38 am

Ok, interesting. I will try to find a way to convey this well.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:11 pm

If things are happening, Lapis, feel free to simplify my request.

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next