Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

+14
LoganAura
Fluffy McSparkles
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
SparkImpulse
Clockeye
deonte9109
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
Xel Unknown
Lapis-Lazily
Ramsus
conantheghost
Copper Rose
18 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] Empty Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:21 am

This campaign takes place in Equestria mere weeks after Discord was locked away, and ponykind is still suffering from some of his chaotic deeds - particularly a small group of ponies partially imbued with some of his powers. These ponies call themselves the Elements of Laughter.

Nopony knows about these ponies and the powers they hold, not even the Sisters of the Sun and the Moon. There is a movement spreading like wildfire for the simplification, the unification, of Equestrian lifestyles, as a reaction to the chaotic, unpredictable reign of Discord. Everypony listened to the same music, they farmed the same foods, they even tried to suppress the wild color variations of their own manes, tails, coats, and eyes, and if any of these ponies discovered that chaotic forces from the evil serpent lived on in a select few ponies, they would do anything to remove Discord's marks upon the ponies, even murder.

These ponies do not know the full extent of their powers, and thus do not have full control over them. It may be possible that ponies are incapable of full control over the magics of chaos, in the way of Discord, but that doesn't stop these ponies from trying. This group of ponies come from all kinds of backgrounds, and a couple of them may have even been made from thin air by Discord himself, but nopony would every be able to tell.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not all players must be ponies, though it is encouraged. The only requirement is that your character's Element be Laughter. It is recommended that your character have a laughter build, though feel free to make your character the exact opposite of laughter. I will ask that you create your own Table of Fun, then send it to me when completed so I may edit it in a manner I see fit, if you do not I will use a default one that you will likely dislike very much. Once the Table of Fun that you have sent to me has been edited, you will not be allowed to see it, for the sake of remaining element of surprise.

This campaign is a cross between a loose plot and a partial sandbox, because of the nature of Laughter. I look forward to seeing all the characters built by those who decide to sign up, and where the party may take this.

If 8 or more people sign up, I WILL force my brother (conantheghost)(he is losing his internet access until he not only gets a job, but gets his first paycheck, so that would be a really bad idea) (his situation keeps on changing, so I'm not even going to bother with this anymore) will ask somebody else to be the DM for a split of the party, because I am so inexperienced in table-top games period (if somebody is more willing than he to be the back-up DM, please PM me once there are enough players for a split so you can know the few details I actually have planned).

If you have your own, unofficial utility talents, racial traits, etc., run them past me for approval please (though I am extremely unlikely to say no, it may still be possible) before adding them to your character.

If this doesn't seem interesting to you, then at least thank you for reading this far. If it does, then I hope you enjoy what I have to offer!

Players Signed Up:
Players will go from being listed from above to below as they get their cues to enter!
Confirmed Players - Characters:

P.S.: if the party comes up with a better campaign name than what I have, it will be changed.

Last edited by Copper Rose on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:29 am; edited 23 times in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] Empty Re: Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  conantheghost Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 am

I am accepting GMing for this game if you still wanna give it to me. I think I know how I want to plot to go(loose, so the zaniness of this aprty can't wreck it too harshly), along with a few more notes and background material.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] Empty Re: Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:51 am

There'd also be nothing wrong with you guys working on it together. (I mean, we'd still want one account doing the GM posts to avoid confusion but, you hopefully have some way of communicating privately about plot things and the like.)

Query: Do I have to actually be able to use my element of laughter? (Basically, can I take Focused Evolution or Steady Hooved? I'm not saying I will, just figuring you might want to rule on this before anyone makes a character with those.)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:54 am

I would love to play in this. It sounds like a riot, and I love laughter, just not in a serious campaign, so this is just excellent.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:54 am

I'll be making my character asap for this... I'LL BE FOREVER ASHAMED OF MYSELF IF I DON'T!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:17 am

If it's ok with the GM, I wish to play as a giant (around minotaur sized) snake. It's the last thing on my figurative list of "weird races to play". (Not to say I won't keep coming up with more, I just happened to come up with four or five ideas I wanted to play at one point.)

Edit: @the other players: I'm thinking of doing a tanking build for combat as I haven't really done one before.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Rebuilt an old character I had stored. Forewarning, he's a little scooby-doo-ish.
Ghoulish Guise

He's probably useless to a team, doing his own thing both out of combat and in it. I'm sure he'll contribute somehow.
Additionally, I haven't built a Tons of Fun table for him yet, but it's on it's way. Estimated time to completion...8 hours. Not because of Tons of Fun, because of RL stuff.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:32 pm

OK, I have a character ready as far as utilities and story go, but I don't know what to do for combat yet. Androgyny
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:39 pm

For the current combat idea I'm working on, I'm going to need someone to take Invigorating Presence.

Edit: Here's the link to my "character". And by character I mean combat build because I'm waiting on making all the non-combat choices until I know if I'm allowed to do the giant snake or not.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Wow, these all look like pretty cool characters! Keep at it!

@ Ramsus: feel free to make your character a giant snake, just know that most pony NPC's will either be afraid of you, or hostile toward you, because you are "breaking the harmony of ponies in Equestria," in their opinions.

Edit: No, you don't HAVE to be able to use your element of laughter, but it is recommended for full craziness of game. Very Happy
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:17 pm

@ Lapis-Lazily: do you think you could give Androgyny at least a preferred appearance, or one she just happens to use a lot? You don't have to, I just think ponies might notice if somepony walking through town suddenly changed their appearance. Though it would be funny to have a character who looks different in every single post jocolor
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:29 pm

He/She stays in one appearance for considerable periods, he/she just doesn't stay the same gender for every change and is often androgynous in appearance.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:18 pm

That works.

Does anybody have their Tons of Fun Tables done yet?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Does anybody have their Tons of Fun Tables done yet?
I have approximately 20 entries that you could look at/ re-balance. 100 different effects is a lot of things.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Are we allowed to use unofficial stuff at all? For example I find myself wanting to use the following.

Venomous:

Savant:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 pm

As I said in the opening post, unofficial stuff is fine as long as it is run by me before use.

Venomous looks fine, since you are playing a snake, after all.

Savant I might not allow in an ordinary game, but since this campaign is all about the craziness of laughter, I think it will make your character delightfully chaotic Very Happy
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Yay, my giant snake gets to be sneaky! (This totally makes sense. He's a snake. Snakes are sneaky. Just ignore the part where he's possibly a bit larger than a minotaur ok?)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Because these ponies (and snake) have been cursed by Discord, I'm going to let everybody have a cutie mark, even the snake jocolor 
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Do I actually have to have the mark itself? Like on the body?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm

If your snake has a cutie mark, you snake has a cutie mark. Though, because it's a snake and not a pony, you can decide where a cutie mark belongs on a snake's body jocolor
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Well, that took a while...but my character is made up!

Please give a warm welcome to..Grimdark Darkshadow, accompanied by his little sister, Sparkler Darkshadow!

Ha ha, it's funny because he's full of irrrational self-loathing and doesn't understand how to cope with it. Very Happy

But seriously now, as soon as I heard "game about Element of Laughter" I thought "who is the least appropriate character I can think of to have that Element" and lo and behold...this. I was also going to give him the racial trait of Words of Wisdom: Emo Poetry, but I figured I've already made you guys suffer enough.

I must confess I'm kind of hoping that between missions we can use my character's mom's house as a base of operations - she won't find anything strange about any of us and will, in fact, treat you all as completely normal friends of her son (Even making you all cookies!), providing of course that Copper Rose would be okay with that and also all of you would.

Tons of Fun table will be sent in by the end of tomorrow. Tonight I have stuff to do. Like, say, updating my own game...eating dinner...etc.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:28 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:I was also going to give him the racial trait of Words of Wisdom: Emo Poetry, but I figured I've already made you guys suffer enough.
Oh, but that would have been just so perfect!

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:I must confess I'm kind of hoping that between missions we can use my character's mom's house as a base of operations - she won't find anything strange about any of us and will, in fact, treat you all as completely normal friends of her son (Even making you all cookies!), providing of course that Copper Rose would be okay with that and also all of you would.
That sounds absolutely wonderful! I have just the unofficial destiny I want to give her, to make this perhaps slightly more convenient for the party.

I'll do just fine roleplaying the little sister, considering I am one myself, unless you wish to do her roleplay as well as Grimdark's. BTW, character sheet is just ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Thank you for complimenting his character sheet! I put a lot of effort into it. As I hope is obvious. Razz

You can do whichever you prefer re: you or me roleplaying the little sister. I admittedly have my own preference, but I'm also feeling generous today and this is your first time GMing and my...fifth, sixth game? Yeah.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:57 pm

I shall have much fun tormenting your character via Sparkler Twisted Evil
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] Tumblr_m1vxpqXeRb1qk2t5co1_r1_500

EDIT: Though I would like the option of describing which actions she takes in battle when my turns come around, as (obviously) about half of Grimdark's moves are actually Sparkler's moves, or utilize Sparkler in some way. Bit difficult to do those moves without the ability to take control of her for the six necessary in-game seconds. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next