Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 36 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed May 21, 2014 9:42 pm

"I'll ride the cat. She loves me." Horizon simply waits down the hall, refusing to be drawn to far into the conversation. "Whatever it is you want to do, let's get a move on." Deciding to contribute, however unhelpfully, he adds, "Couldn't Zeppy tornado them to where we need to go?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu May 22, 2014 3:02 am

"I think I'd prefer to take a cart, if it's not too much trouble," Rolf said. "Speed is of the essence, and it'd be best to save our strength for the fight ahead. I don't think Lizzie would make for a very good cart-puller, though. She has...other skills." He shuddered. "I do not envy whoever had to clean her room after that cultist walked into it."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu May 22, 2014 4:49 am

"Just voicing out our options." Jeraylia replied, smirking at their straight-laced responses.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu May 22, 2014 11:54 am

"A gift!"  Smiles Zthulan reverently taking it from her hands he hums thoughtfully.  "A gift to a shaman holds more significance than you know little one.  I will not forget this, and neither will the spirits.  May they guide you through your life and these hard times."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"I do not envy whoever had to clean her room after that cultist walked into it."
"Eh. We're used to it. We have to feed her a lot of meat daily. Those poor lambs and pigs... Plus it steels the stomach from anything gory or disgusting, like say puke-inducing abominations. Anyway, cart it is, then, and whatever steed is strong enough to pull all of us along. We could load some other stuff on as well, since we'll probably need some extra armaments. Any suggestions? We'll get to preparing. Suggest you do as well, we'll likely leave in less than...", he takes a quick look at a nearby dripping wax candle, etched with markings, "...half an hour. Sooner, if everyone is ready to go."

Azarune wrote:"A gift!", Smiles Zthulan reverently, taking it from her hands, he hums thoughtfully. "A gift to a shaman holds more significance than you know little one. I will not forget this, and neither will the spirits.  May they guide you through your life and these hard times."
"Yay! What's a shaman? Spirits? Do you make ghosts?", the orc child asks, dumbfounded by the vocabulary.
Bronymous wrote:"Couldn't Zeppy tornado them to where we need to go?"
Zephyria replies to Horizon's snark, mentally: "Zeir plate armor is very heavy, monsieur. One or two, at most, and it would be draft-slow."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Horizon replies telepathically. Didn't I tell you at some point to stay out of my head? Anyway, if all you can manage is two, how about doing me a favor and "accidentally" lifting them a few hundred feet and then dropping them? Save me the trouble. Once he's done, he readdresses the group. "Fire is good, generally. If nothing else it helps intimidation factor. Also we need ranged weapons. Half the time fighting is spent dodging bolts, arrows and spells. It would help if you could engage them at range instead of dying on the way in to hit them with your big glowy hammers."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri May 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Placing the bag in his satchel, Zthulan let's out a small laugh.  "'Make ghosts' she says, heh.  No, I do not make them, I just listen to what they say.  Now what a shaman is."  Clicking his claws together, he continues.  "Being a shaman means you are trained to listen to the elements and 'ghosts'.  If the need arises, we ask for their aid.  If our cause is just, they can grant us a portion of their power to be channeled into a spell.  Like a druid, but with less trees."  He finishes with a grin.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun May 25, 2014 12:01 am

Rolf thought about if there was anything he could prepare for the fight ahead. There was no way to reliably power or maintain a scrying mirror, and he wasn't up for trying to brew any alchemist's fire. However, there was one idea he'd like to try. He had a theory that if he could inscribe some holy runes onto his armor, he might be able to get a sort of passive healing effect to happen. He tried talking with some of the priests and paladins to see if the idea could be implemented.

OOC: Swapping out the Banded Armor for the Hierophant Armor.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon May 26, 2014 7:06 pm

"Hm, yes, good idea. Fire and arrows would be effective, assuming no skeletal foes. We'll load a keg of lantern oil, torches, and a pair of crossbows and matching bolts. So long as everyone is careful with said fire-starting, and don't burn down the local housing, they will suffice for our skirmish.", the paladin agrees as he is strapped into a bulky piece of plate armor.

Rolf's query gets him directed towards 'Bob', a particularly enthusiastic young (as evidenced by his unimpressive goatee) dwarf of the clergy, who volunteers to provide Rolf with an 'experimental' enchantment he has been, in his words, 'working on with mixed success'. With some cooperation, the two enchant the piece of armor. Though it now makes the armor mildly uncomfortable, it seems to work as Rolf wanted it, numbing some of his chest-wound pain. Delighted with the results, he then follows it up with more enthusiasm:
"Wonderful! These could be useful for the refugees or militia untrained to use our enchanted plate suits. I've tried to get one of these 'light' outfits working earlier, but I lacked the arcane know-how to get it working properly without the need of constant chanting, plus the lack of a chance to try it out 'in the field'. Speaking of such... I've got a few items and spells I've been assigned to 'devise' since this whole mess began. Think ahead of the lich, and what-not. I'd like to see if they function in make-or-break situations - I'm worried that the effect and proximity of our temple and relics might be providing me with overly positive results, which could mean disaster if used elsewhere. Therefore, I'd like to request if I may, possibly, maybe, accompany you with your 'skirmish', to do a final trial, and hopefully assist you in the process!", Bob mutters, triumphantly.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 am

"Good enough. Have your Paladins sit back and take potshots, should keep them from getting killed or getting in the way, and in reserve in case of the slim chance that we get hurt or killed." Horizon follows Rolf, and listens to Bob. "Another suicidal? You realize there is little to no chance of survivability for someone like you, right? If your stuff needs testing- and if it's even any good- then let us test it for you. We'd be better suited for trial by fire."

Persuasion to have him give us the cool stuff:
17+12=29
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 27, 2014 4:28 pm

"I would, but most of my 'inventions' are in my head, so to speak, or need my knowledge - spells and coded divine scrolls. One of the kinks I'm still working on. I suppose I could provide you with the more 'practical' ones, though. And I'm surprised you think so low of me, what with that speech you gave earlier to those refugees and wounded. They're in a worse position than I am, and they're willing to take risks too, and after such grief endured - some of them took up arms to help reinforce barricades outside, for example. It was very inspiring.", Bob replies.

"Now, here's what I could give you to try using yourselves. The rest would need my guidance to use...", he provides Rolf with a fairly large, two-handed, strange device, that vaguely resembles a trombone with spherical attachments, whilst handing Horizon a pair of metallic balls with different holy inscriptions on them.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 27, 2014 4:58 pm

"That's me- Inspiring. YOU, as opposed to the others, aren't being all weepy and useless, though. And I certainly didn't ask them to come along with us." Horizon takes the implements he is handed, and rolls them in his hand. "Ok, I give up. What's with the magical Ben-Wa Balls."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed May 28, 2014 2:43 am

"Well, I must commend your enthusiasm, Bob, and your enchantments on this armor seem to be proof of your abilities," Rolf said. "And if your ideas can both help us in our mission AND lead the way for more effective means to for everyone to fight throughout this conflict, I'm all for it. Just let Siph know that you'll be joining us, and if there are any ideas that you'd feel could be assisted with my arcane knowledge, just let me know."

"However, I must warn you, this may turn out to be more than a "simple skirmish". There will still be quite a few cultists and undead at our target, and even if we do reach the big top, there is a very VERY nasty abomination waiting for us, and that's not even counting Zilean's potential interference. Still, we'll all be supporting each other, and if your ideas need a trial by fire, this may be the best opportunity."

Rolf looked over the device that Bob had given him. "So...what does this do, exactly? I hope it's not a musical instrument that I have to play to make it work, or else the most damage I may end up doing is getting the cultists to cover their ears in agony."

Rolling Arcana...10 (1d20) + 14 = 24

OOC: I think I know what Horizon's items are.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed May 28, 2014 8:17 am

"I don't suppose you have a regular Pelorian amulet lying about, extra sanctified or not," Jeraylia asks, idly looking through Bob's workshop. "I gave my last one to an orphan, and I just don't feel right without one."

I just assumed we're in his workroom, or something, for now.
Supposed I might as well justify getting a "Pelorian Amulet" (really a Ring of Resilience) during the level up.
Now the question is, do I try to play the "trombone"?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Jeraylia wrote:"I don't suppose you have a regular Pelorian amulet lying about, extra sanctified or not," Jeraylia asks, idly looking through Bob's workshop. "I gave my last one to an orphan, and I just don't feel right without one."
"Oh, we have a few lying around. Wasn't much of a demand for them till, well, yesterday. Here you go.", Bob says, handing a small necklace to Jeraylia. "I'd never have guessed you a fellow Pelorite, to be frank."
Lyntermas wrote:"Well, I must commend your enthusiasm, Bob, and your enchantments on this armor seem to be proof of your abilities," Rolf said. "And if your ideas can both help us in our mission AND lead the way for more effective means to for everyone to fight throughout this conflict, I'm all for it. Just let Siph know that you'll be joining us, and if there are any ideas that you'd feel could be assisted with my arcane knowledge, just let me know." Rolf looked over the device that Bob had given him. "So...what does this do, exactly? I hope it's not a musical instrument that I have to play to make it work, or else the most damage I may end up doing is getting the cultists to cover their ears in agony."
Rolf can tell that the 'device' appears to contain the energy of several minor spells within it, and that it's decently constructed, but that its choice of materials seem to be less than ideal for enchantment purposes.
"Thank you for your trust, mr. Rolf. I'll do my best to keep myself out of your way, outside of maybe a test of my stuff when the opportunity arises. I'll inform Siph immediately.

"Now, the device you are holding, mr. Rolf, isn't an instrument, though it is held in a manner similar to one. It is capable of holding liquids, and via the clever use of certain spells, forces them out with somewhat greater force than one could manually. Just don't use it whilst it's empty, as it might cause... Well, something unexpected I assume. Some care in choice of liquids might be required as well, though variety would help with telling the limits of it... Right now, it's filled and been tried with just water."

"As for those balls you are holding mr. Horizon, both are meant to stop fire in their tracks via stored cantrips, in differing ways. Just throw them into a flame, and they should do the rest."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed May 28, 2014 3:44 pm

"...Dwarf. Please. I'm the one who's going to be starting most of the fires." Horizon sighs and places the now much less interesting orbs on one of his pouches. "SPEAKING OF," he says, rounding on Rolf and the not-trombone. "Right now it looks like that's meant to be an extinguisher as well, but I have a much better idea. Find a way to fill it with Alchemist Fire... liquid, and turn it into a flamethrower."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu May 29, 2014 4:56 am

"Alternatively, we could either try using holy water or that ritual rose/palm oil mixture against the undead, assuming we can procure some. Not quite as useful against the cultists, but considering that we're facing a good deal of undead, it might be a way to take down enemies without risking the property damage or "friendly fire" associated with setting everything ablaze."

"Is there someplace that I can try this thing out for target practice using the water? Even if we do get something useful to use with it, it might be best to make sure that the stream doesn't curve to the right or something."

OOC: Who says squirt guns are harmless?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat May 31, 2014 1:11 pm

"As much as I enjoy healing, I must depart.  My companions are probably getting ready to leave."  Wandering around aimlessly for a few moments, Zthulan concedes to asking for directions.  Zephyria, can you direct me to where the others are?
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 31, 2014 2:13 pm

"Zey are near ze gates of ze temple, getting ze cart packed and ready to leave.", Zephyria answers Zthulan.

Bob answers Rolf: "Well, presumably you can test it right outside, it's just water. And holy water sounds like a splendid idea, though we don't really have much of it 'in bulk' to spare until another trip to the well is made. The other paladins have a few vials, of it, though. As for alchemist's fire, that might break the device."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat May 31, 2014 5:54 pm

"Then your device isn't made well enough. Try again, make it look less like a musical instrument, and get back to me." Horizon spots Zthulan on his way over. "Are we ready to go?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm

"Hopefully the paladins will be willing to spare a few vials if they can see the benefits of long-range application. Alright, then, let's give this a try, and then we can head out." Rolf stepped outside the church, aimed the sprayer at a nearby fencepost, and pulled what he thought was the trigger.

Spoiler:

Rolf heard the magical enchantments start to activate...and then they suddenly halted. "Huh, that's curious. Bob seemed rather certain that this thing would actually work." Rolf turned the sprayer around and looked into the nozzle, trying to see if anything was blocking it.

It was at this moment that the enchantments suddenly reactivated, causing a stream of water to blast directly into Rolf's face. He spat and sputtered for a few seconds before glaring at the sprayer. "...Okay, then, let's try this again, shall we?" he said angrily as he re-aimed the sprayer at the fencepost.

Spoiler:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Jeraylia converse with Zephyria over her missive to the mayor's wife, reiterating important points of their incursion to the cultist camp. She pauses to laugh full throatedly as Rolf squirts himself in the face.
"I always do say you've got magic hands," she yells to the wizard with a massive grin, her eyebrows waving suggestively.
Getting back to Zephy, Jer ends with stressing that she is notified of their upcoming second break in.
"Since we're moving out pretty soon, I doubt she'll get a messenger back. But if she decides to get involved, and wants to clue us in, I'm sure you'll be able to give her the assistance she needs."

I don't got anything else I want to do, I suppose.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 pm

The device sprays water with relative accuracy, gushing out like steam from a pot. The device starts to make slight sputtering noises as it unloads roughly half its liquid container, at least 30 feet away. A few of the paladins seem impressed, though they hold on to their holy water vials.

Meanwhile, Zephyria floats away in the direction of the Mayor's manor, whilst the paladins finish up their loading and call out to the rest of the party.
"Crossbows, bolts, keg of oil, cart, check, and brother Bob appears to be joining us as well. We're all ready to go. Shall we? Best to hurry, whilst it's still dark."

Ready to proceed with scene change?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:41 am

"There you guys are." Zthulan walks towards the others. "What's did we find out and what is our next course of action?"
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 am

"The paladins have an ego needs stroking, so we're gonna go kill more stuff. Or something like that."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next